criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Melee

Has anyone else hit someone with a melee twice and they are alive, and they do the same to you, but you are dead? Or you die from one melee in the front?

Replies

• Has anyone else hit someone with a melee twice and they are alive, and they do the same to you, but you are dead? Or you die from one melee in the front?

Dude...

giphy.gif

PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Many times and it's frustrating when it happens but when we are both as naff as each other it's funny when we're spinning in circles trying to melee each other and missing.
  • Many times and it's frustrating when it happens but when we are both as naff as each other it's funny when we're spinning in circles trying to melee each other and missing.

Yes, it's stupid, and can be summarized in 2 words; Hit. Detection.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • bacta/bodyguard
  • Has anyone else hit someone with a melee twice and they are alive, and they do the same to you, but you are dead? Or you die from one melee in the front?

Welcome to the amazing EA Star Wars Battlefront Melee System.
  • bhalienux wrote: »
    Has anyone else hit someone with a melee twice and they are alive, and they do the same to you, but you are dead? Or you die from one melee in the front?

Welcome to the amazing EA Star Wars Battlefront Melee System.

It's sooooooooo good, it'll give For Honor a run for its money.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • RogueMammalX
    503 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I often land 3-4 hits to the head while wearing Bacta, Bodyguard and a shield, at full health, on an enemy immobilized by a shock grenade (with no Bacta, shield, or Bodyguard)... only to have him escape the shock, kill me in two punches, then run away with 50% health left.

Yeah, it's lousy.
    Post edited by RogueMammalX on
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • sorry rogue but that made me laugh out loud. happens to me all the time. the only thing worse is to have it happen and then have your would-be victim trigger the laugh emote. arrgh. so irritating.
  • Preach it.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • Melee fights are one of the best things in this game
    yt jeanschweppe
  • Best video I've seen yet. Seriously. My gut is killing me from laughing.
  • Best video I've seen yet. Seriously. My gut is killing me from laughing.

Awesome! Thanks a lot, Stevie :)
    yt jeanschweppe
  • jeans wrote: »
    Melee fights are one of the best things in this game

Droppin bows left and right! Great montage.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • So many LOL's!!
  • Well, that video taught me that aiming your melee is unnecessary... and apparently, Escape Artists don't show up on radar. :o
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • Happens to me all the time: end up with the dude in my face, pistolwhip him 2 or 3 times, he knocks me down at full health with 1 punch. Unless he looks like Mike Tyson, I find that unbelievable.

Oh well, SW is about energy weapon combat more than melee anyway. We're not playing Street Fighter. :) I'd rather the devs concentrate on resolving more pressing issues.
  • Happens to me all the time: end up with the dude in my face, pistolwhip him 2 or 3 times, he knocks me down at full health with 1 punch. Unless he looks like Mike Tyson, I find that unbelievable.

Oh well, SW is about energy weapon combat more than melee anyway. We're not playing Street Fighter. :) I'd rather the devs concentrate on resolving more pressing issues.

HADEUKEN!

GOLD
  • Superb video. Best I've seen. Bit at the end with the Ishi Tib was comedy gold.

Lots of bad Boba Fett players out there, eh?

HAHAHA I COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING AT 1:00 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Oh well, SW is about energy weapon combat more than melee anyway. We're not playing Street Fighter. :) I'd rather the devs concentrate on resolving more pressing issues. [/quote]

"FINISH HIM!!!"

• Wow! Thanks guys <3 . Glad you liked my montage.
    yt jeanschweppe
    Wow! Thanks guys <3 . Glad you liked my montage.

Haha - very good! Poor Bobba at 1 minute :(

thumb-up_318-121728.jpg?size=338&ext=jpg
    Love the vid. As to answer the OP question, yes lots of times.
  • That dude is a frickin ninja!

I myself lose almost every melee that is head on. I'll crush a squad with DH-17, scout pistol and scatter gun; three to four will lay dead a my feet and then the last man standing will one time me and fold like a cheap lawn chair.

I'll get the first hit on most people I melee fight and I still get wrecked.

Only time I can be sure of winning is when I sneak up on someone and sucker punch them in the back, and even that doesn't always work.

It's so bad, that it is a 90+% certainty that if the battle gets to melee, I will lose.
  • ^ B)
    Poor Bobba at 1 minute :(

Haha i had another clip that i didn't use cause i felt really bad for the player. He just stood there stunned as i meleed him for what seemed like forever until he died :/

Melee can be brutal on heroes. Some guy surprised me from behind a tree and my normal saber strikes had no affect on him. Had to wait for my specials to re-charge and saber throw him when we were touching faces. Happened again after a minute, so suddenly half of my health was gone :D
    Should have the video saved somewhere as it was pretty ridiculous .
    yt jeanschweppe

Yeah, any time I'm involved in the melee waltz it's probably not going to end well for me.
  • Poor Boba. Maybe not everybody knows about his flamethrower to roast meleers. I also like Dengarman's version: he literally kicks their @$$. >:)
  • ORancisis wrote: »

Dude...

giphy.gif

:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I usually like the melee system. The trick is to do it further away than looks right. However saying that, the last time I played I found a guy crouching in the bushes on scarif and meleed them 6 times. 6 times in the back of the head and they turned around and shot me... then died. I haven't played since - struggling to get over it :lol:

Classic!
  • So my mistake is to wait to melee when they are actually with in range.... I've been killed so many times from an absurd distance, thought it was lag.
  • I recently hit the guy 4 times and he lived. Is that possible?
  • My melee issues went away after I picked up one of these:
    zn6mfk3a1v4x.png
  • I just killed Boba Fett with a melee in HvV last night. Best melee experience I've had since playing the game. He backed up fighting other players and I walked up behind him unnoticed and clobbered him to death. One of only a handful of instances where i was happy with melee mechanics.
  • With me 99% of the time we both die
    Dennis Brännvall is FAIL!!!!!
  • With me 99% of the time we both die

And then somehow only get an assist...
  • Melees in this game are really weird. I seem to lose 90% of one versus one melee battles unless I sneak up from behind. I also run with bacta so I'm often at 130% health and still lose most melee battles. One time we both died simultaneously while in a melee battle then it said I killed myself with my own melee! Huh??!
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Well, that video taught me that aiming your melee is unnecessary... and apparently, Escape Artists don't show up on radar. :o

LOL i thought that too. He either plays with some brain dead people or i don't need to worry about the radar anymore -_-

Still, i did enjoy the montage. +1
    With me 99% of the time we both die

And then somehow only get an assist...

Every... dam... time...
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!