criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The least useful Hero Ability

2Next

Replies

• Wallofman wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Nien Nunb taking up storage in this game

I have to disagree. I play WA most of the time, and with a few exceptions (depending on map and which phase) I always run Nunb. He is by far the best Hero to control a map. I can go on 40+ kills streaks, keep uplinks turned on to max out y-wings, pick off players trying to rush the uplink area.

If used correctly, Nunb is the best Hero for WA.

I agree, but I'd still perfer Luke as he does well when surrounded by enemies and can outrun orbital strikes/vehicles shooting at him.

If you play Nunb, you have to play towards the back lines as support. If you run to the front lines you are toast. I will quickly get up there to place a turret but retreat back and launch orbital strikes and PC shots. Really the only time I pick Luke is when I am on Endor (too cluttered for an effective Nunb run) or certain phases of maps when CQC is called for.

I have to disagree. I play WA most of the time, and with a few exceptions (depending on map and which phase) I always run Nunb. He is by far the best Hero to control a map. I can go on 40+ kills streaks, keep uplinks turned on to max out y-wings, pick off players trying to rush the uplink area.

I agree, but I'd still perfer Luke as he does well when surrounded by enemies and can outrun orbital strikes/vehicles shooting at him.

Luke Skyjumper is the best part of a WA match indeed. :smiley:
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    Wallofman wrote: »

If you play Nunb, you have to play towards the back lines as support. If you run to the front lines you are toast. I will quickly get up there to place a turret but retreat back and launch orbital strikes and PC shots. Really the only time I pick Luke is when I am on Endor (too cluttered for an effective Nunb run) or certain phases of maps when CQC is called for.

Definitely depends on the map. Luke shines on Endor as you said.
    Member of the 501st
  • Greedo's Precision Shot by a landslide. I just can't activate it. The concept is cool, but it's not functional at all within the game.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • And what do you guys think, how they could fix/improve Greedo's Precision Shot?
    It'd be tricky to buff Greedo even more.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    Greedo's Precision Shot by a landslide. I just can't activate it. The concept is cool, but it's not functional at all within the game.

Hold down the activate button. His precision shot is VERY good on trait level three but it never seems to work.
    Member of the 501st
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    Greedo's Precision Shot by a landslide. I just can't activate it. The concept is cool, but it's not functional at all within the game.

Hold down the activate button. His precision shot is VERY good on trait level three but it never seems to work.

How does his trait affect his precision shot, I thought it only had to do with his grenades?
    Psn: Jello770
  • Jello770 wrote: »
    ORancisis wrote: »

How does his trait affect his precision shot, I thought it only had to do with his grenades?

His trait buffs his overall damage. It's why after the 4th shot Greedo just melts everyone. He's the tequila of villains.
  • James123_4 wrote: »
    Jello770 wrote: »

His trait buffs his overall damage. It's why after the 4th shot Greedo just melts everyone. He's the tequila of villains.

Yepp, his trait affects Precision Shot.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Wow. So many of you have no idea how devastating Fett's Flamethrower is. I'd wager that it's due to not knowing how to use it.
  • I find that the precision shot lost a lot of power after the whole bodyguard bacta came about becausw I am now unable to one shot a lot of troops in HvV. The roll will open up new possiblities though. Greedo has been feeling very squishy lately to me.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Jyns sonic imploder
  • JMaster
    2108 posts Member
    Well... for each of them...
    Luke/Vader: Heavy Strike- Can do a TON of damage, but gosh darnit, that hitbox is bonkers.
    Han: I'm good
    Jyn: A180 pistol/ Sonic Imploder- Okay, I get the pistol isn't amazing but... wow. Her version is SLOWER than the infantry version! By like, Night Sniper levels! And please, could she be the one character not affected by her own freakin' flash-bang?
    Dengar: I have mastered Frenzied Blast!
    Greedo: Precision Shot- Good concept, and an interesting counter to Han's Lucky Shot, instead of one Super blast for mainly long range, Greedo's does several less powerful shots that damage multiple characters at close range. BUT... it sucks. Why?
    Boba Fett: Flamethrower- *sigh* Boba, Boba, Boba. I have so much trouble with you, why? That flame projecter should, literally, melt anyone who dares come close to the best bounty hunter in the galaxy! Range is limited, narrow hitbox, doesn't kill infantry instantly, AND heroes can damage you more than you can with the flamethrower.
    Leia: EVERYTHING- Gosh, I tried a decent run with Leia after Carrie passed, and... dang! It's insulting, She could take a few lessons from Krennic, who has decent attack power, and two awesome ways to support his troops, other heroes, and himself. Leia doesn't. TB doesn't OHK Bacta (ugh), has a slow fire rate, and no homing effect to counter the narrow hitbox! Her shield is... dull. Whereas Krennics emits poison gas, scans for enemies, AND is a shield! Also, Supply Drop is of practically zero help.
    Krennic: I'm good.
    Chewie: More than good... the best!
    Pancakes: you figure
    Emperor: Same dull supply drop.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Vakyoom wrote: »
    Well, precision shot only sucks if you only have your first level of confidence but the **** thing is really useful actually. multiple enemies and it tracks heroes you lock on to. Its like McCree's Deadeye from overwatch. Just dont use it on someone who's up in your face unless you have high confidence.

Leia's Shield is also amazing, i'm not sure what is up with those responses lol.... A well positioned squad shield and power up tokens for your team can help you win games so that's a good one too.

Heavy Strike seems to have issues connecting properly. The amount of times i've sliced through ppl only to have them survive is weird but that's more a glitch and not really 'useless'.

Idk, i guess Jynn and Krennic got the short draw with that 10 extra HP on a really long CD and the grenade that nobody seems to like. Its ok but idk about it being on her.

Confidence effects percision shot?
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • James123_4 wrote: »
    Jello770 wrote: »

Well, precision shot only sucks if you only have your first level of confidence but the **** thing is really useful actually. multiple enemies and it tracks heroes you lock on to. Its like McCree's Deadeye from overwatch. Just dont use it on someone who's up in your face unless you have high confidence.

Leia's Shield is also amazing, i'm not sure what is up with those responses lol.... A well positioned squad shield and power up tokens for your team can help you win games so that's a good one too.

Heavy Strike seems to have issues connecting properly. The amount of times i've sliced through ppl only to have them survive is weird but that's more a glitch and not really 'useless'.

Idk, i guess Jynn and Krennic got the short draw with that 10 extra HP on a really long CD and the grenade that nobody seems to like. Its ok but idk about it being on her.

Yupp.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Well... for each of them...
    Luke/Vader: Heavy Strike- Can do a TON of damage, but gosh darnit, that hitbox is bonkers.
    Han: I'm good
    Jyn: A180 pistol/ Sonic Imploder- Okay, I get the pistol isn't amazing but... wow. Her version is SLOWER than the infantry version! By like, Night Sniper levels! And please, could she be the one character not affected by her own freakin' flash-bang?
    Dengar: I have mastered Frenzied Blast!
    Greedo: Precision Shot- Good concept, and an interesting counter to Han's Lucky Shot, instead of one Super blast for mainly long range, Greedo's does several less powerful shots that damage multiple characters at close range. BUT... it sucks. Why?
    Boba Fett: Flamethrower- *sigh* Boba, Boba, Boba. I have so much trouble with you, why? That flame projecter should, literally, melt anyone who dares come close to the best bounty hunter in the galaxy! Range is limited, narrow hitbox, doesn't kill infantry instantly, AND heroes can damage you more than you can with the flamethrower.
    Leia: EVERYTHING- Gosh, I tried a decent run with Leia after Carrie passed, and... dang! It's insulting, She could take a few lessons from Krennic, who has decent attack power, and two awesome ways to support his troops, other heroes, and himself. Leia doesn't. TB doesn't OHK Bacta (ugh), has a slow fire rate, and no homing effect to counter the narrow hitbox! Her shield is... dull. Whereas Krennics emits poison gas, scans for enemies, AND is a shield! Also, Supply Drop is of practically zero help.
    Krennic: I'm good.
    Chewie: More than good... the best!
    Pancakes: you figure
    Emperor: Same dull supply drop.

Nice summary Sir!
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

Nice summary Sir!
    Thank you, Whodunnit! Also...
    Lando: Everything as well- Disregarding the glitched-up Power Blast... Shocking Trap, his trait, and especially System Disruption need some tweaks. Can Lando's Disruption, at the VERY least, be instant like it should be?
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
    Whodunnit wrote: »

Nice summary Sir!
    Lando: Everything as well- Disregarding the glitched-up Power Blast... Shocking Trap, his trait, and especially System Disruption need some tweaks. Can Lando's Disruption, at the VERY least, be instant like it should be?

What's wrong with his trait?
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • JMaster
    2108 posts Member
    Well, compared to characters that gain damage resistance (Vader, Dengar, Leia, Krennic), weapon enhancers (Emperor, Greedo, Han, Chewie, Nien), or some other positive attribute (Luke's speed, Bossk's healing, Jyn's Batons), Lando gets... Critical Hit chance? I get they were going for some "luck-based" attribute, but... it seems like an awfully finicky system. Have any of you, WITHOUT exploiting, or, even using Power Blast, gotten to Level 3 and noticed a significant gameplay difference? Maybe if it was "gains faster fire rate" or "has chance to fire explosive rounds" or something, I dunno, just me, I guess...
    He knew.
    Well, compared to characters that gain damage resistance (Vader, Dengar, Leia, Krennic), weapon enhancers (Emperor, Greedo, Han, Chewie, Nien), or some other positive attribute (Luke's speed, Bossk's healing, Jyn's Batons), Lando gets... Critical Hit chance? I get they were going for some "luck-based" attribute, but... it seems like an awfully finicky system. Have any of you, WITHOUT exploiting, or, even using Power Blast, gotten to Level 3 and noticed a significant gameplay difference? Maybe if it was "gains faster fire rate" or "has chance to fire explosive rounds" or something, I dunno, just me, I guess...

I did. :smiley:
    I think his trait makes him so powerful actually. When I fight with a Villain and his trait reaches level 3, I notice that I'm dealing unexpectedly high damage on them. (Fun fact of the day: Critical Hits have an explosion animation)
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    I think his trait makes him so powerful actually. When I fight with a Villain and his trait reaches level 3, I notice that I'm dealing unexpectedly high damage on them. (Fun fact of the day: Critical Hits have an explosion animation)
    Ah, that explains why Lando abusers have explosive Power Blast bolts that can bring a hero to 60 health... when you're behind a doorway : /
    Hmm... I might challenge myself with Lando, considering people are jerks with him, and not use any Glitches to do well. Any tips?
    He knew.
    Ah, that explains why Lando abusers have explosive Power Blast bolts that can bring a hero to 60 health... when you're behind a doorway : /
    Hmm... I might challenge myself with Lando, considering people are jerks with him, and not use any Glitches to do well. Any tips?

Power Blast now has an explosive damage (the same as the direct hit's), so similar to Boba's Rocket. I think it's a good feature actually, it makes him more useful on close range (just shoot the floor under the Villains close to you, instead of aiming at them) Just be careful because currently Lando can take damage from this explosion.
    One glitch shot does the same damage as a fully charged Power Blast, which is almost 400 damage. So you can constantly spam 400 damage shots with explosive damage :D So wonderful.
    Oh and use him on longe ranged maps, from a high point to snipe, in HvV put his decoy to places where Hero Health Pickups usually be, and use Disruption when a Villain is close.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    JMaster wrote: »

Power Blast now has an explosive damage (the same as the direct hit's), so similar to Boba's Rocket. I think it's a good feature actually, it makes him more useful on close range (just shoot the floor under the Villains close to you, instead of aiming at them) Just be careful because currently Lando can take damage from this explosion.
    One glitch shot does the same damage as a fully charged Power Blast, which is almost 400 damage. So you can constantly spam 400 damage shots with explosive damage :D So wonderful.
    Oh and use him on longe ranged maps, from a high point to snipe, in HvV put his decoy to places where Hero Health Pickups usually be, and use Disruption when a Villain is close.
    Oh, alright. Thanks for the tips, I'll try and make use of them... now!
    He knew.
  • Whodunnit
    5534 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Anytime :) Oh... wait, the middle paragraph wasn't meant to be a tip... JMaster? JMaster! Come back!!!
    *Quiet "Yeehaaw" in the background*
    Oh boy, what have I done :tired_face:
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

Anytime :) Oh... wait, the middle paragraph wasn't meant to be a tip... JMaster? JMaster! Come back!!!

You made him succum to the Dark Side, TR-8R.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • James123_4
    376 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Nice summary Sir!
    To expand on what Whodunnit said, Lando's trait is actually incredible. Once I get it, I one hit most troopers and you do massive damage to heroes. Lando is still viable outside of using power blast, and his trap provides something to cover your back as well as a stun.
  • Greedo's precision shot. I know it potentially could hit 5 enemies but because of the way the radar works you'd have to be very, very lucky to ever make good use of it. In the time it takes to charge it up you could just shoot one enemy 4 times and throw a grenade.

It's lame.

absolutely! It boosts all 3 of his damage sources. Its good to use when you drop down behind a bunch of people on the objective. nothing like a pentakill and a free imploder right after if you can get enough cover to pull it off. its nice getting big long streaks if you can be smart about your positioning and all without cheesing with broken characters too.

I guess it could be counted as less useful than other simply because its not something you can always use just because you want to but smart use can get you big plays.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Whodunnit
    5534 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Fun fact of the day: Lando's critical hit does around 157 damage.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

Good to know (:

That's heinous lol.
  • JMaster
    2108 posts Member
    Oh, don't worry, I never thought that was a tip, although... there's something you have to do to get his Glitch-shot, right? I tried him out on Outer Rim, and used his power blast like, twice, I shaved a little off of Boba, then I came up against Greedo, and defeated him... then died from someone else. I just don't want to be an abuser.
    Well... are there tips to get to level 3 then (sans Power Blast)?
    He knew.
    Oh, don't worry, I never thought that was a tip, although... there's something you have to do to get his Glitch-shot, right? I tried him out on Outer Rim, and used his power blast like, twice, I shaved a little off of Boba, then I came up against Greedo, and defeated him... then died from someone else. I just don't want to be an abuser.
    Well... are there tips to get to level 3 then (sans Power Blast)?

Don't worry, if you use his Power Blast regulary it won't be glitched. Also, after you shot a charged Power Blast once, it will be impossible after that to use the glitch.
    Sans Power Blast it's quite difficult to reach Level 3 since it's hard to hit someone on long range with his X-8 Sniper and if a Villain is close to you, you won't have time to reach level 3 before you die :D No, Power Blast is a key part of Lando. Use this tactic: Power Blast when a Villain is far and even when they are close (just hit the ground) and after that start to shoot him with the X-8 Sniper (also perfect time for a Disruption). After a few shots you will be on Level 2 or Level 3, so from the 4th 5th shot you will deal 157 damage with every second shots :smiley:
    If you play against infantries in bigger game modes, it's obviously harder to reach level 3 (just like with every similar Heroes), because hide and seek is better tactic for Lando so the level up timer will always decrease.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • I've found his pistol to be very accurate too. I got loads of headshots when I played as Lando without even trying.

I agree as well
  • Leias shield can hold uplinks and protect from orbital strikes. If you dont the have a jump pack than you can't just escape a well placed orbital. She isn't the best but she can hold objectives well because of her shield. I have never seen anybody use precision shot effectively, or consistently. I have never been killed by it ever. Worst by far
  • Leias shield can hold uplinks and protect from orbital strikes. If you dont the have a jump pack than you can't just escape a well placed orbital. She isn't the best but she can hold objectives well because of her shield. I have never seen anybody use precision shot effectively, or consistently. I have never been killed by it ever. Worst by far
    My thing with the shield is... it's not that special. Yes, it has a fair bit more health than your run-of-the-mill shield, but... really, it has ALL the same weaknesses a normal shield has! Dioxis, Scatter, Cycler, Lightsaber, Lightning, Stinger ALL penetrate it, and it doesn't have any other benefits for those inside it! Sure, Leia has the armor trait now, but, if you are OR are playing with a crappy Leia... : /. I point to Krennic as to what a support hero should be, since his "Shield" is weaker, yes... BUT it Scan Pulses enemies, is semi-mobile, can regain it's shield if it's still around, AND shoots super-potent Dioxis at intruders! He also has a decent offensive capability (Armor-Breaker) that can one-shot Bacta/Bodyguard users... Leia! And Imperial resources, while not my favorite thing ever, still gives his troops an extra 100 health, AND gives fellow villains a Bacta bonus to boot! If her shield was filled with Bacta, or Shocked enemies that dared enter, or blocked some of things that would normally pass right through to hit her... great. But it doesn't.
    He knew.
  • Okay, I changed my mind, it's actually Leia's Trooper Bane.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Precision Shot for sure. Too impractical. Even the Outer Rim launch trailer shows 4 enemies just standing not shooting waiting to be killed by it.