criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Good players?

Hammer_down99
786 posts Member
edited January 2017
It is time to separate the players who live and breath this game into there own matches or servers ( for players with very high K/D ratio)
Playing Supremacy yesterday was a joke. I got stuck on the Imperial side 3 games in a row, what's worse is the team on the rebels side was comprised of the top 5 players having 50-70 kills each. They were camping the spawn points from above and below and every other trick there is. I think most people are just average players who want to have fun!

I would rather a match of Supremacy run down the clock and the first control point be contested the whole game. I would rather play all 9 rounds in HvsV than dominate all 5 rounds. That's what an average completive person would think. I f I am on the side of a team dominating match after match I quit,it's not fun
Players will leave comments claiming I am just a bad player, that's fine, I don't get my self worth from a game. I don't worry about my k/d ratio or whatever it is? I sacrifice my character 20 times to take down a villain or an objective, I play for the team not myself. If I have a great game I don't brag to anyone about it.

People who could play this game in there sleep, or get excited because they are going to go dominate some newbs who just got the game 3 weeks ago and then make a post or video bragging about it need to work on life skills too!

At the very least the players need to be shuffled after every match and switch sides from Imperial to rebel every time. The only reason these people have a game to play is because lots of average people bought and play it. If it were only supported by the hacks or "uber" players it would not exist.

By the way , I have had the game for a year and I am not an angry new player, so save those comments.
Also There are Hackers on PS4. Maybe not as prevalent as PC but they are there.they are just sure to not draw to much attention.

Replies

• Other than a bit of a moan at some players who target getting loads of kills rather than PTO (of which there are numerous threads). I'm not sure what your point is?
  • Swoon
    30 posts Member
    What makes you say that have hackers on PS4? What did you see that caught your eye? Do you have video of that?
  • Swoon wrote: »
    What makes you say that have hackers on PS4? What did you see that caught your eye? Do you have video of that?

I wish I did, I will be sure to get video on the next incident. I just played a game of Battlestation in Death star. I got hero pickup and was Chewbacca. I was power blasting Stormtroopers in the head, one player named Dioskuroi_S took 3 shots to the head and life only went down about 10% everyone else around him was flying in the air like they are suppose to. after I was killed and spawned back in as a regular player I threw a stun grenade and shocked the same player I blasted him in the head the whole time he was shocked and his life never went down. he then killed me.

I checked profile and he was Japanese, I always notice the ones that have this hack are usually from Japan
  • Other than a bit of a moan at some players who target getting loads of kills rather than PTO (of which there are numerous threads). I'm not sure what your point is?

I thought I made the point clear enough, but I will run it down again just for you. 1.Shuffle Players every game, and switch from imperial to rebel every other game (as I stated in first posting)
    2.if you can't manage that, then create an advanced server that matches high k/d ratio players against each other.

when playing off line you can elevate the difficulty of your game, why not in game as well, but make it involuntary so no one could abuse the new players
  • Oh I see. You want some development done. Good luck with that.

Not trying to be awkward mate, but nothing new tbh.
  • Oh I see. You want some development done. Good luck with that.

Not trying to be awkward mate, but nothing new tbh.

shuffling the players so the match is not lopsided 3 times in a row is not a lot to ask..is it?
  • bfloo
    13704 posts Member
    You can't shuffle teams every match and switch sides every game. If it reshuffles, you will get multiple games as 1 side.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I checked profile and he was Japanese, I always notice the ones that have this hack are usually from Japan

That's lag not a hack. The US servers are now littered with Asian players. All it takes is one or two of them in a lobby with bad ping to wreak havoc on game performance. This game sucks at lag compensation. For some reason, DICE decided to penalize everyone for one person's bad ping.
    shuffling the players so the match is not lopsided 3 times in a row is not a lot to ask..is it?

DICE only fixes stuff nobody asks for. So...

In all seriousness, development for this game is just about finished. We'll be lucky to even get a patch to fix the Lando and other hero glitches. Is what it is.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • bfloo wrote: »
    You can't shuffle teams every match and switch sides every game. If it reshuffles, you will get multiple games as 1 side.
    I already get multiple games on one side..READ original post before you spout off please!

• It is time to separate the players who live and breath this game into there own matches or servers ( for players with very high K/D ratio)
    Playing Supremacy yesterday was a joke. I got stuck on the Imperial side 3 games in a row, what's worse is the team on the rebels side was comprised of the top 5 players having 50-70 kills each. They were camping the spawn points from above and below and every other trick there is. I think most people are just average players who want to have fun!

I would rather a match of Supremacy run down the clock and the first control point be contested the whole game. I would rather play all 9 rounds in HvsV than dominate all 5 rounds. That's what an average completive person would think. I f I am on the side of a team dominating match after match I quit,it's not fun
    Players will leave comments claiming I am just a bad player, that's fine, I don't get my self worth from a game. I don't worry about my k/d ratio or whatever it is? I sacrifice my character 20 times to take down a villain or an objective, I play for the team not myself. If I have a great game I don't brag to anyone about it.

People who could play this game in there sleep, or get excited because they are going to go dominate some newbs who just got the game 3 weeks ago and then make a post or video bragging about it need to work on life skills too!

At the very least the players need to be shuffled after every match and switch sides from Imperial to rebel every time. The only reason these people have a game to play is because lots of average people bought and play it. If it were only supported by the hacks or "uber" players it would not exist.

By the way , I have had the game for a year and I am not an angry new player, so save those comments.
    Also There are Hackers on PS4. Maybe not as prevalent as PC but they are there.they are just sure to not draw to much attention.

no hackers on ps4. I can assure you that.
  • maybe instead of giving "good" players separate servers they actually balance the game.
  • bfloo
    13704 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    I already get multiple games on one side..READ original post before you spout off please!

At the very least the players need to be shuffled after every match and switch sides from Imperial to rebel every time

You can't reshuffle teams AND switch sides for everyone. It is one or the other.

h846398gb27k.png

I thought I made the point clear enough, but I will run it down again just for you. 1.Shuffle Players every game, and switch from imperial to rebel every other game (as I stated in first posting)
    2.if you can't manage that, then create an advanced server that matches high k/d ratio players against each other.

when playing off line you can elevate the difficulty of your game, why not in game as well, but make it involuntary so no one could abuse the new players

I get your point and I agree 100%. The two worst things about this game are the terrible lag and the awful player matching. I admit I am not sure whether the solution to the latter is balance between the teams in terms of the same number of good, average, and not so good players on each team or if there should be lobbies mde up entirely of good, average and not so good players.

I'm pretty good at most mode of this game but it sure is hard to git gud at Hero Hunt when it seems there is always a player who can get 50 kills with the hero in one streak... so maybe I've answered my own question.

Unfortunately I also agree with the post above. EA/Dice are not listening and nothing will be done... but I feel your pain.
  • "That's lag not a hack. The US servers are now littered with Asian players."

why don't we have separate servers. If I recall correctly when I played WoW years ago they had severs based on your region. N.america east coast/midwest was where I connected and all the players were from that area, some from Canada but not Japan, they had their own servers

At the very least the players need to be shuffled after every match and switch sides from Imperial to rebel every time

You can't reshuffle teams AND switch sides for everyone. It is one or the other.

WOW! really? just move on to another post. your reading Comp is in need of a tune up.
  • EV02AAA wrote: »
    Other than a bit of a moan at some players who target getting loads of kills rather than PTO (of which there are numerous threads). I'm not sure what your point is?

I get your point and I agree 100%. The two worst things about this game are the terrible lag and the awful player matching. I admit I am not sure whether the solution to the latter is balance between the teams in terms of the same number of good, average, and not so good players on each team or if there should be lobbies mde up entirely of good, average and not so good players.

I'm pretty good at most mode of this game but it sure is hard to git gud at Hero Hunt when it seems there is always a player who can get 50 kills with the hero in one streak... so maybe I've answered my own question.

Unfortunately I also agree with the post above. EA/Dice are not listening and nothing will be done... but I feel your pain.

Thank you

why don't we have separate servers. If I recall correctly when I played WoW years ago they had severs based on your region. N.america east coast/midwest was where I connected and all the players were from that area, some from Canada but not Japan, they had their own servers

We used to but either EA shut them down due to low player count or these players are just choosing to join US servers.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • bfloo
    13704 posts Member
    edited January 2017

WOW! really? just move on to another post. your reading Comp is in need of a tune up.

If you reshuffle, people are going to be on the same side fore the next game. Good try. You are the one asking for both.

Matches did end up more balanced before team balancing was introduced. If you mean you want to go back to that, I'm in.

h846398gb27k.png

• irishtim7 wrote: »

In all seriousness, development for this game is just about finished. We'll be lucky to even get a patch to fix the Lando and other hero glitches. Is what it is.

What he said.
    Plus, I quite like being in a game where the opposition are clearly way stronger sometimes. Its a bit of a challenge. I stay in game of 1v8 after everyone on my team has quit. Cos it's kinda fun.

If you reshuffle, people are going to be on the same side fore the next game. Good try. You are the one asking for both.

Matches did end up more balanced before team balancing was introduced. If you mean you want to go back to that, I'm in.

Whatever makes it balanced dude
  • Hammer_down99
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    silverfoxjedi
    "What he said.
    Plus, I quite like being in a game where the opposition are clearly way stronger sometimes. Its a bit of a challenge. I stay in game of 1v8 after everyone on my team has quit. Cos it's kinda fun.[/quote]"

I stay in game when i'm the only Hero/Villain. but at some point it gets annoying, for me anyway
  • bfloo
    13704 posts Member

Whatever makes it balanced dude

I think our best hope for that is private matches.

h846398gb27k.png

• I think our best hope for that is private matches.[/quote]

To be balance a PM against me, I'd have to play blindfolded ;-)

• no hackers on ps4. I can assure you that.

I keep hearing this but how do you explain rapid-emoters?

The money they charge per month to play WoW, you better have regional servers.

I understand the frustration. Why they allow parties of 8 to join public servers is beyond me, they normally just destroy the teams of randoms.
  • Aggress wrote: »
    "That's lag not a hack. The US servers are now littered with Asian players."

I understand the frustration. Why they allow parties of 8 to join public servers is beyond me, they normally just destroy the teams of randoms.

And I seem to be running into more teams post-holiday. Not sure if it's just all of the college kids still on break that have nothing better to do, but there is more of it.

It is nearly impossible to beat a decent team with a bunch of lone wolves. Really slurps the fun out of it as someone who mostly plays single. I've played in parties more than enough - my win % in a party of 6+ has to be somewhere in the 90s. I actually wish they broke down the stats by it, so when some yokel gets all high and mighty with their win%, we'd be able to see that 95% of their games they're party'd up.
  • Hammer_down99
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Aggress wrote: »

The issue is not from lag. everyone I shot around that guy died except him, there was no lag on the screen. Today I ran into another whole group from japan in Supremacy. They dominated. They had Limitless fire from there weapons, head shots every time from far away. It's no coincidence that a PS4 game system created in Japan has a back door for Japanese players. I have played for a year, I know when I am in a legit game and when it's fixed

• At the very least the players need to be shuffled after every match and switch sides from Imperial to rebel every time.

You do realise these two statements are mutually exclusive, don't you?

• Abusers run in parties and parties are never split up ever...that's the problem right there

And I seem to be running into more teams post-holiday. Not sure if it's just all of the college kids still on break that have nothing better to do, but there is more of it.

It is nearly impossible to beat a decent team with a bunch of lone wolves. Really slurps the fun out of it as someone who mostly plays single. I've played in parties more than enough - my win % in a party of 6+ has to be somewhere in the 90s. I actually wish they broke down the stats by it, so when some yokel gets all high and mighty with their win%, we'd be able to see that 95% of their games they're party'd up.

I agree that facing a good team can be very frustrating but what a challenge! Every kill I rack up against a good team is extremely satisfying and from what I read on this forum, it makes their game better as well. This is why I stay in those games. What a great way to learn to play better.

I agree that facing a good team can be very frustrating but what a challenge! Every kill I rack up against a good team is extremely satisfying and from what I read on this forum, it makes their game better as well. This is why I stay in those games. What a great way to learn to play better.

True true - but I also like to have a chance to win. Don't get me wrong, I'll stay around for awhile and hope for some reserves, but after four straight losses with me doubling the next closest person's score on my team while the top four on the other team haven't been split up....I'm prolly out.

Yep, what you said. I do both and have learnt a lot from runnng with a team, I can apply that when going solo.
  • So your basically saying you want a ranked type of mode?
    FOR THE ROCKET JUMPERS!!!
  • Let's just assume we're making suggestions for BF2 here. What about matchmaking based on a sliding scale? The system puts you in matches with players who are within, say, .4 either side of your k/d. Or some other measure. As you improve, you're automatically matched into higher-skilled games. Then the poor, abused experienced players aren't burdened with us OMG NOOBZ! and we're not just cannon fodder every match.

I've been playing for about three weeks and will be the first to admit I'm not very good at it. It's damn frustrating taking three steps and dying, respawn, three more steps and dead again. I'm fine with learning the hard way most of the time, but once in a while it would be nice to just have fun playing the game with people my level. Being killed by the same one or two high level players over and over and over again gets old. It's already ridiculous how heavily slanted this game is toward veteran players. That and the bad matchmaking absolutely drive people away.

True true - but I also like to have a chance to win. Don't get me wrong, I'll stay around for awhile and hope for some reserves, but after four straight losses with me doubling the next closest person's score on my team while the top four on the other team haven't been split up....I'm prolly out.

This! So many times I feel alone out in the field and pushing for the objective, praying someone clues in.

Shooting at my partner helped me a bit, got them to at least follow me a few times.

I hope swbf2 has comms of some sort more than the nothing now.
  • The issue with the OPs thinking is that this game isn't solely a deathmatch KD call of duty shooter. Yes blast and Fighter Squadron exist for those times but every other mode is objective based. I had a great game in Battle Station earlier and i went 45-22. My KD isn't above 2.0 but i'm the guy that will take the shots or the support items to help the team/PTFO. If i also have a great KD at the end then awesome, but i also know i've personally secured victory multiple times with a 0.5 KD because no one else was doing their jobs and i just tried over and over til i finally pulled it off.

The people who just sit around getting kills but not helping with the actual goals of the game shouldn't be rewarded by getting Heroes that will just give them more kills. I'm not even saying I would want the Hero every time and I am always playing the objective.

A randomized "top 50% players hero gift" would be a nice way to do it so everybody get a chance if they're playing well enough. Then just cross that player off for the match from getting another hero. Or just make it so the tokens can spawn in 3x as many spots so the tokens can't be camped. Either way giving them to Kill whores isn't the way to go.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Hammer_down99
    786 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Check out this.
  • Let's just assume we're making suggestions for BF2 here. What about matchmaking based on a sliding scale? The system puts you in matches with players who are within, say, .4 either side of your k/d. Or some other measure. As you improve, you're automatically matched into higher-skilled games. Then the poor, abused experienced players aren't burdened with us OMG NOOBZ! and we're not just cannon fodder every match.

I've been playing for about three weeks and will be the first to admit I'm not very good at it. It's **** frustrating taking three steps and dying, respawn, three more steps and dead again. I'm fine with learning the hard way most of the time, but once in a while it would be nice to just have fun playing the game with people my level. Being killed by the same one or two high level players over and over and over again gets old. It's already ridiculous how heavily slanted this game is toward veteran players. That and the bad matchmaking absolutely drive people away.

Hang in there Man! I could not get a kill for the first month, If I did it was by accident. Now I make them all the time :smiley:

I've been playing for about three weeks and will be the first to admit I'm not very good at it. It's **** frustrating taking three steps and dying, respawn, three more steps and dead again. I'm fine with learning the hard way most of the time, but once in a while it would be nice to just have fun playing the game with people my level. Being killed by the same one or two high level players over and over and over again gets old. It's already ridiculous how heavily slanted this game is toward veteran players. That and the bad matchmaking absolutely drive people away.

Hang in there Man! I could not get a kill for the first month, If I did it was by accident. Now I make them all the time :smiley:

Thanks! It's getting better, just not as quickly as I'd like. :D