criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Free Tantive IV map?

I think it would be awesome if we had a free map for everyone set in the Tantive IV, it would be nice for gamemodes like blast, droid run and cargo. And it would be awesome if there was one part of the map, where there are no lights and lots of smoke, like we saw in Rogue One while Vader slaughters some rebel scum. Recreating that scene in Battlefront would be so cool and terrifying at the same time.

Replies

• Yes, for sure and with the rebel marine as a skin unlock
  • Even though it's not going to happen, I'd love to see one.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • The lead map designer finished working on this game, he tweeted that. So I guess no more maps for this game.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • bfloo
    14788 posts Member
    Closest I come to recreating that Vader moment is on DS in the hallway leading to the rebel spawn.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Closest I come to recreating that Vader moment is on DS in the hallway leading to the rebel spawn.
    Dennis Brännvall is FAIL!!!!!
  • That scene was awesome. That should be enough reason to make it in this game : )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Meanwhile, at EA headquarters......
    original_42131093.jpg?1441080181
  • lol that recreation was actually pretty good til somebody put a blaster thru the back of leia's head at the end... 7/10
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Hahaha, "free" isn't really in EA's vocabulary.
  • enohado wrote: »
    Hahaha, "free" isn't really in EA's vocabulary.

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• JMaster
    2172 posts Member
    Shame... as it looks like the next game will be entirely ST Era, no Clone Wars, AND no more OT/Rogue One stuff. Bummer.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • enohado wrote: »
    Hahaha, "free" isn't really in EA's vocabulary.

Truth
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    A Tantive IV map would be a nightmare of explosive spamming.
  • Gingie wrote: »

Always so negative... You didn't complain about the other 3 CQC DLCs... Tantive IV is the first scene is Star Wars eps. 4 and was in the original Battlefronts. This shouldn't miss.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »

Always so negative... You didn't complain about the other 3 CQC DLCs... Tantive IV is the first scene is Star Wars eps. 4 and was in the original Battlefronts. This shouldn't miss.

Being in ep 4 and the original Battlefronts doesn't change the fact that it would play out horribly.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member

Being in ep 4 and the original Battlefronts doesn't change the fact that it would play out horribly.

What would make it any different from the rest of CQC maps in the game?
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

What would make it any different from the rest of CQC maps in the game?

Just that it would be a community request not DICE's decision and DICE's decisions are undeniably perfect.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Last DLC is gone, this will be just like any EA game release, no more requirements for them, they'll drop it like a live thermal detonator.
  • Last DLC is gone, this will be just like any EA game release, no more requirements for them, they'll drop it like a live thermal detonator.
    "AND HE'S HOLDING A THERMAL DETONATOR!" : )
    Still, if only there were actually semi-decent people as EA execs... we could at least get ONE free map, maybe...
    He knew.
  • Man, I would even take a free skin at this point and be happy. Anything! A recoloured Twi'lek or an A Wing skin! Something all too simple to do on their end
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • bfloo
    14788 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Well done!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png