criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Long Loading times?

Why does this game take so long for me to load? It takes me like 2 to 3 to 4 to maybe 5 minutes to load into a game sometimes, and when I'm done playing the game my computer is super slow and everything takes forever to load like just opening a new tab on google chrome. Is this game just super graphically intense or CPU intense or something? The other main games I play are Overwatch and Rocket League and unless I play either game for like 5 or 6 hours straight then it can slow down my computer but in terms of just loading into a game on Overwatch or Rocket League it's usually quicker than loading into a game on Battlefront. Should I get an SSD for this problem? I believe an SSD helps with loading times right? So it should help me boot up the game faster and help me load faster into a Drop Zone or Walker Assault game right?

Replies

• No I have this issue on the xbox as well. though for some reason my dad's (which we got no less than a month ago) he has half the loading time that I do and we are in the same house. Not sure what the deal is.
  • This game does have crazy long loading screens, and even gets stuck on them from time to time.

But on the other hand, Battlefront would have a lot higher requirements than Rocket League or Overwatch.

Also yes, if the game is running fine apart from load times, an SSD would help.
  • And after the patch there is no changes, and we are asked to buy an ssd

Brilliant !
  • Welcome to the Frostbite engine. Super quality graphics take up so much information, the load times are needed. It even takes an age to load up skirmish.
  • Ive experienced the long load times, but what concerns me is the fact that if I finish a blast game, and wait to load into the next, there are already like 24 kills int he match. Is this unusual to be waiting this long to enter games? Same with something like walker assault. The walker is almost half way to the first bomber run,. I'm located on the east coast, US.
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    This and BF1, really long loading times, but once loaded it is great
  • Yeah it does take centuries just to load up one game
  • I constantly start my matches with about 15-20 seconds taken off of the clock. Usually with someone running off with a cargo already.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Krimson
    1454 posts Member
    Ephdel wrote: »
    Why does this game take so long for me to load? It takes me like 2 to 3 to 4 to maybe 5 minutes to load into a game sometimes, and when I'm done playing the game my computer is super slow and everything takes forever to load like just opening a new tab on google chrome. Is this game just super graphically intense or CPU intense or something? The other main games I play are Overwatch and Rocket League and unless I play either game for like 5 or 6 hours straight then it can slow down my computer but in terms of just loading into a game on Overwatch or Rocket League it's usually quicker than loading into a game on Battlefront. Should I get an SSD for this problem? I believe an SSD helps with loading times right? So it should help me boot up the game faster and help me load faster into a Drop Zone or Walker Assault game right?

I find that Xbox takes longer to load than ps4 which is my preferred system for battlefront now