criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Do people play the DLC Maps or are they dead?

My copy of Star Wars Battlefront has been collecting dust for a long time, but I'm thinking of picking up the season pass and playing it some more. However I'm wondering if the DLC maps even get played anymore?

For instance with Battlefield Hardline, a new map pack would come out....you could find a few servers running the new stuff for a week or two, and then they would be gone. Everyone would go back to playing the core game, and you couldn't play a match on one of the "new" maps if you wanted to.

So I opted to not pick up the Battlefront season pass initially, for fear of the same problem that Hardline had. Now its on sale and I'm thinking about it...but want to know If I would even get to enjoy all that extra content these days. Are the maps from each of the DLC's in regular circulation? Or is it just the core game mostly...and for a few weeks right now the Scariff DLC because of Rogue One hype? Can anyone with all the DLC chime in on this? Would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• As has been the common answer to this question, it depends on whether you are on console or PC.

Console communities are still pretty healthy, but there are a lot of complaints here on the forums about PC matches. I'm on PS4 and never have a problem finding matches on any of the DLC.
  • PC Community is virtually non-existent for older DLC (read: not the current one). Both PS4/X1 have a completely opposite community and don't have issues outside of picking their desired faction for that particular match.
  • PC is Dead I can never find an active game on the DLC. I just bought the season pass and can't play any of the new maps at all. Waste of money.
  • PC is dead.
  • PC is dead because of the worst game matching system I have ever seen. EA don't care. I have raised this with them many times and NEVER have they responded. Waste of money and I won't buy anymore EA games that have this failed game matching. If they had server browsers then the game would be going strong.
  • i have all 4 dlc but never play them. im on ps4. lately vanilla map blast has been hard to find a full game. its always 6 vs 6 or 5 vs 5 etc
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I'm on PS4 and usually have no issues joinging DLC matches. As of right now the DLCs aren't that great. You'll probably go back to the main game soon but having the new weapons and star cards are nice if they fit your playstyle.
  • EA is one of the most disgusting company's in existence.
  • Vanilla maps, outer rim or death star for me. Don't play to much anymore, but don't have to much trouble finding games on xbox as long as i try in the evening or weekends.
  • Depends. I'm on PC (Europe), and I have few problems finding a game of either Supremacy, WA, or any of the bespoke modes for each of the DLCs (wait time is max about 5mins). The obvious catch is that you will find it easier during peak hours, compared to random hours. So, PC isn't 'dead', despite what the naysayers may say.

However, I do agree that DICE/EA could do so much more to make it a lot easier to find games in the first place (Server browser being the most obvious - matchmaking is some real rubbish).

Tim
  • PC is ok in Europe.
  • Vanilla game is better.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    14544 posts Member
    X1 is fine on all the dlc's.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Vanilla game is better.

Vanilla game is boring. 5 WA maps are an insult, you are forced to change mod, to experience new maps.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • aArZA6L_700b.jpg
    I hardly play anymore. There seems so little point after hitting centennial level. By now, I should be promoted to moff or brigadier general, but instead I'm a rebel with no more cause… -_-
  • had a hacker ruin a match for me last night. So, yeah, pc is fast becoming a graveyard. Unless this new patch fixes anything, no one enjoys it as much these days...
  • aArZA6L_700b.jpg
    I hardly play anymore. There seems so little point after hitting centennial level. By now, I should be promoted to moff or brigadier general, but instead I'm a rebel with no more cause… -_-

I'll have the THEN double bacon cheeseburger with side of fries and a coke please. Thanks!
  • aArZA6L_700b.jpg

I'll have the THEN double bacon cheeseburger with side of fries and a coke please. Thanks!

I just want to know what happened to the drink and fries in the NOW scenario. Perhaps they are the games sequal?
  • Lol no, not in utah on the xbox
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Xantos wrote: »
    Vanilla game is better.

Vanilla game is boring. 5 WA maps are an insult, you are forced to change mod, to experience new maps.

7 Large maps, unfortunately they are all linear... I play Supremacy, that's not so hard scripted like WA. DICE neglected the vanilla game large modes in 4 DLCs. The entire game is rushed and the community feedback was ignored. I think we are powerless against Dennis stubbornness.
    I only play DLCs when they are free to play, saved me the money for the season pass.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I got the first two DLCs and then noticed I didn't play them as much. Got annoyed having to back out of modes I didn't want to play and didn't buy the last two.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Xantos wrote: »
    Vanilla game is better.

I only play DLCs when they are free to play, saved me the money for the season pass.

Smart man.
    I use the E-11, ion grenade and cycler rifle in my load out. I'm quite happy on vanilla maps, and I choose Vader or Luke when im a hero. My point is, that's all vanilla stuff, and I've been a season pass holder from day 1. You're not missing out on much other than a change of scenery.
  • Emulate wrote: »
    EA is one of the most disgusting company's in existence.

You realize there are companies in the world that you slave labor to mine minerals or children to make clothes to sell to Westerners. If you think EA comes anywhere close to that level of disgusting behavior, then you are a drama queen.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Emulate wrote: »
    EA is one of the most disgusting company's in existence.

You realize there are companies in the world that you slave labor to mine minerals or children to make clothes to sell to Westerners. If you think EA comes anywhere close to that level of disgusting behavior, then you are a drama queen.

You know how it was meant.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• DO2L
    129 posts Member
    I have no trouble playing on populated DLC serviers
  • DO2L wrote: »
    I have no trouble playing on populated DLC serviers

I do because when I join a DLC server the game mode keeps changing from map to map. :neutral: Can't seem to find where I can pick my game mode of choice instead. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!
  • aArZA6L_700b.jpg
    This img is totally wrong. Best buy is ketchup, gamestop is mayo and amazon is mustard
  • Here's another one:
    aB30gYO_700b.jpg