criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Well...I see Lando's 1-shot-from-across-the-map power blast wasn't fixed...again

Artists_Operandi
441 posts Member
edited January 2017
So, Dice...you "fixed" Lando's personal damage from his own power blast (couldn't help but notice it in the list of patch notes that you had done that) but neglected to actually fix what we've all been lodging complaint after complaint about for more than 3 months...the fact that he can be abused to kill from across the map, with one shot, repeatedly, to get hundreds of kills and decimate the entire opposing team single-handedly...including heroes?

I was just Fett and got nailed in one shot... with Lando camping at the power generator area while I was at the Rebel Base entrance beneath the Ion Cannon. 3000 yards much????

Way to go, guys...you really are some kind of special, aren't you?

Issue- I don't even know where to begin at this point...belligerent indifference?
Can you repeat this 100% of the time- Yup
Playstation 4

Replies

• Was it the machine gun Power Blast, or just one burst?
    One burst. The usual M.O.
  • So they fixed the abusive glitch, but not the core problem that has existed since he was released. #shocking.
  • Artists_Operandi
    441 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    So they fixed the abusive glitch, but not the core problem that has existed since he was released. #shocking.

WTHK at this point. All I DO know is I that I got blasted out of my underpants again with his giant red laser-bolt.

Well, Lando could OHK villains with his regular Power Blast pre-glitch, so it's not that weird tbh. The only fix would be to remove that ability and give him a new one that doesn't involve ridiculous amounts of damage or critical chance.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • now you feel the empty promises of the skirmish fans....hollow ain't it.
  • Balmain24 wrote: »
    Was it the machine gun Power Blast, or just one burst?

Well, Lando could OHK villains with his regular Power Blast pre-glitch, so it's not that weird tbh. The only fix would be to remove that ability and give him a new one that doesn't involve ridiculous amounts of damage or critical chance.

From 3000 yards???

• I remember @Anoh posting a couple videos right after Bespin was released at him taking down Boba on top of the GR75 transport with one power blast. But rest assured, "QA has tested this exhaustively".

This game is one dumpster fire after another. It's just sad that they can't ever get the heroes right. I just don't understand how a hero one shotting another hero can be part of the design.
  • I remember @Anoh posting a couple videos right after Bespin was released at him taking down Boba on top of the GR75 transport with one power blast. But rest assured, "QA has tested this exhaustively".

This game is one dumpster fire after another. It's just sad that they can't ever get the heroes right. I just don't understand how a hero one shotting another hero can be part of the design.

Well. Remember in ROTJ, Lando blasted the rebels to victory by rescuing Leia from the detention area? He also knocked Fett into the Sarlaac. He's done so much, only fitting Lando is powerful in this game.
  • So, is the Power Blast glitch fixed or not?
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    So, is the Power Blast glitch fixed or not?

The rapid-fire glitch is, the broken one-shotting is not.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • CPT_Rex wrote: »
    ORancisis wrote: »

Can you still 1 - 2 shot Heroes?
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"

It's nerfed. -> The power is still glitched (now: sometimes it makes a fast burst and then deactivates), but player now has no control over glitch, and can't abuse it on purpose.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    _____
  • Lee1981
    1985 posts Member
    It is back how it was before scariff update, can be blasted from distance but up close power blast is rubbish

Still no ideal but no where near as bad as it was recently

Up close to lando he can ripped to shreds by any villain except probably Krenic I reckon

CPT_Rex wrote: »

Can you still 1 - 2 shot Heroes?

Again, broken one-shotting is not fixed.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Doesn't sound as bad to me. I understand he can still be used as a sniper. But most of the glitch abusers wont have the patience to play that way. I used to enjoy Krennic, but now the Scariff dlc is completly useless to me.
  • Wow. They must have been aware of the one shot issue for months now. I posted a video of it 3 months ago and that was long after I became aware of it.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I remember @Anoh posting a couple videos right after Bespin was released at him taking down Boba on top of the GR75 transport with one power blast. But rest assured, "QA has tested this exhaustively".

I don't recall posting that video, can you give us a link?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.

I actually did a thread on this. I had an idea of making it a stinger pistol which made more sense than shooting bounty hunters out of the sky
  • In the second video, he just killed him with regular fire.
  • MC_XIX
    1779 posts Member
    It's overpowered, but beatable. Lando is strong overall, but easy to kill if you get close to him. His power blast doesn't continuously stun everyone like it used to. It can now be blocked more consistently by Vader & Palpatine thanks to the new 2 second recovery time between stuns.
  • Well. Remember in ROTJ, Lando blasted the rebels to victory by rescuing Leia from the detention area? He also knocked Fett into the Sarlaac. He's done so much, only fitting Lando is powerful in this game.

Hey, Wookie....I like your style!

lando.jpeg
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    In the second video, he just killed him with regular fire.

The point of the second video was to show the infinite non sense stun that thing caused

Ah ok. In that case, it's a wonderful example.
  • beargonefishing1
    2487 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    sorry @thiago2103 for not giving you proper credit!
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    Nothing like being on Walker Assault Twilight Hoth map. Spawn and run a couple feet to only be one blasted by Lando from somehere I cant even see. I was in one match, some DB had him and went 97-3.
  • DO2L wrote: »
    Nothing like being on Walker Assault Twilight Hoth map. Spawn and run a couple feet to only be one blasted by Lando from somehere I cant even see. I was in one match, some DB had him and went 97-3.

Yeah...no problem there. None at all.

There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

From 3000 yards???

From anywhere. The farther the better.

@Atsu_Kana Anything would be better suited than the OHK ability :lol:
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!

Somebody did that on Graveyard of Giants last night. I tried using Krennic against him but he always ran and hid so far behind the border, putting a shock trap god knows where until his power blast reset. Of course, his team lost because he hogged the hero the whole round and didnt play the objective.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....

Yes and no,
  • supposedly there great players, yet they need to be heroes to rack up kills. In my opinions there cowards and *****, you can say whatever you want, but if i was a developer i would only reward hero characters to lower leveled players and noobs. if you really are a expert player you don't need an advantage. i even avoid the hero icon as it gives me a ***** feeling bullying noob players.

Somebody did that on Graveyard of Giants last night. I tried using Krennic against him but he always ran and hid so far behind the border, putting a shock trap god knows where until his power blast reset. Of course, his team lost because he hogged the hero the whole round and didnt play the objective.

these players ran rampant in the Australian servers, swapping between hero, to vehicles. when they end up on my team it ***** me so much because we still lose yet he gets highest kills. so i track em down and annoy the ***** out them by flashing them shooting them so they stumble and get distracted.
  • CJS145
    1074 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I used Lando the other day, to test him out, in supremecy graveyard of giants and i can say he is OP. finished the game 85-2 killed the enemy hero 3 times in 2 shots with the power blast and picked off all the other team from long distances. he really is OP! Never going to use him again i promise
    May the force be with you Psn:CJS145 ;)