criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

If you use personal shield...

Replies

• I have no problem with it, but I don't use it because Jump Pack + Bacta + Bodyguard already make me hated enough. Adding PS to that mix, would bring it to a whole other level. That said, outside of Ion Shot - pretty much all of the charged cards provide a significant advantage in some way (yes, even focus fire and especially now cooling cell with the right weapon choices).
  • I'm honestly starting to hate Bodyguard more than anything else in this game.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    I'm honestly starting to hate Bodyguard more than anything else in this game.

If you can't beat 'em, which is really hard to do - join 'em!! Or hope for smart rockets....
  • I have no problem with it, but I don't use it because Jump Pack + Bacta + Bodyguard already make me hated enough. Adding PS to that mix, would bring it to a whole other level. That said, outside of Ion Shot - pretty much all of the charged cards provide a significant advantage in some way (yes, even focus fire and especially now cooling cell with the right weapon choices).

That's hated? I just started using this like a month ago and thought it was the greatest thing for getting to uplinks quickly and shutting them off.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....

That's hated? I just started using this like a month ago and thought it was the greatest thing for getting to uplinks quickly and shutting them off.

That or the same loadout with escape artist is best for playing the objective. Don't worry about what people shun in this game...they only do that because it works and they're salty
  • Febelas wrote: »
    My only problem with the shield is that it gives imperials an obnoxious and unfair advantage in sabotage since the time it takes to turn off a bomb site is roughly equal to the amount of time it takes to melee someone to death. It basically means that a team with 2-3 shield jump Packers can just constantly turn off the bombs with very little effort. That's really the only game mode where I find it to be an unfair advantage.

I do think the guys who shield up and jump pack away right before they die are pretty pathetic though. You lost fair and square. Let the guy get his points.

I haven't been playing much sabotage lately, but in addition to the more obvious solutions (Dioxis, stun grenade, scattergun) and based on my observations during a recent WA game (see previous post in same thread) I'm very interested in pairing Ion Shot with a DLT-19 or EE-4 (or other high RoF blaster) to deal with this issue. Ion Shot drops shields very quickly and PS users don't expect your primary blaster to have any effect on them. Also, I'm thinking the generator might be a good spot to deploy a well-placed laser trip mine. Does Bo-rifle melee work on PS users?
  • Febelas wrote: »
    My only problem with the shield is that it gives imperials an obnoxious and unfair advantage in sabotage since the time it takes to turn off a bomb site is roughly equal to the amount of time it takes to melee someone to death. It basically means that a team with 2-3 shield jump Packers can just constantly turn off the bombs with very little effort. That's really the only game mode where I find it to be an unfair advantage.

I do think the guys who shield up and jump pack away right before they die are pretty pathetic though. You lost fair and square. Let the guy get his points.

I haven't been playing much sabotage lately, but in addition to the more obvious solutions (Dioxis, stun grenade, scattergun) and based on my observations during a recent WA game (see previous post in same thread) I'm very interested in pairing Ion Shot with a DLT-19 or EE-4 (or other high RoF blaster) to deal with this issue. Ion Shot drops shields very quickly and PS users don't expect your primary blaster to have any effect on them. Also, I'm thinking the generator might be a good spot to deploy a well-placed laser trip mine. Does Bo-rifle melee work on PS users?

It does but you can't melee with it inside a PS
    Psn: Jello770
  • I use it all the time. It's my crutch because I suck at shooting
  • But adrenaline stim is so much better
    Add 2551 to my post count
    ru0TXZb.gif

If you can't beat 'em, which is really hard to do - join 'em!! Or hope for smart rockets....

I use it haha. But I hate it. Takes the fun out of some of those OHK Cycler shots.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • no problems. its just a cowardly thing to use in a game where the object is to kill your opponent.

here let me rewrite this for ya: " its just a strategic thing to use in a game where the object is to play the objective and avoid getting killed."
  • KingGio21 wrote: »
    no problems. its just a cowardly thing to use in a game where the object is to kill your opponent.

i want you to shoot me not walk around looking like the bubble boy

Lmao the object of the game is not to get kills. I can win modes like Cargo, Drop Zone, Droid Run, even Walker Assault without getting a single kill. Only mode where kills actually determine the winner is Blast.

If you're not getting kills in Cargo, Drop Zone, Droid Run, & Walker Assault you're probably not the one on the team to take credit for the win. How do you defend Cargo without kills? If you're a runner it's nearly impossible to sneak from end to end without having to kill. How do you defend drop pods without kills? How do you defend droids without kills? How do you defend uplinks without kills? Sometimes I loadout an anti walker hand and try to camp under the walker and am able to take about 25% health off by myself. But even then you have to be ready to defend your position. Even if you're PTO you should be striving for at least a 1:1 ratio.
  • I love the personal shield. How else would I be able to have fun with the scattergun? Please continue to use.
  • LOL!!
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • A. you were born without genitals...

B. you are under the age of 7...

C. you are complete garbage...

D. all of the above

use ion shot instead of noobshot (also known as explosiv shot) and stop whining.
    and btw. if someone without genitals under the age of 7 who is complete garbage and uses a ps is a problem for, what does it make you. yes, exactly: it makes you a player who cannot keep up with somebody without genitals under the age of 7 who is complete garbage.
    or lets say it this way:

https://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/050fe612bb0d9b696603485fd1bd8da5c7b8f4-wm.jpg?v=3

• MC_XIX
    1505 posts Member
    Almost forgot: the most important use of person shield as of late...

...giving Lando a taste of his own medicine. Too satisfying for words. Won't be a problem after tomorrow though.

I use EA, PS, JP, and Bacta. That way, people don't hate you as much, and you can get to the objective in 2 seconds flat.
  • You have WAY worse crap to worry about in this game than a personal shield. If a personal shield gives you problems then:

A. you were born without genitals...

D. all of the above

There are SO many counters - plus the player is useless while using it. Come back when you have a legitimate problem.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • RogueMammalX
    503 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    D. all of the above

Translation:

20160609154500child1.jpg
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
    D. all of the above

Translation:

20160609154500child1.jpg

Oh, man! My sides hurt! Too funny!

D. all of the above
    Lol say what you want, it's a lot of fun to draw someone in to melee me while I have a shield on
    only to deactivate it and pop them with my cycler :D Also popping other bubble boys is very satisfying ;)
  • Krimson
    1454 posts Member

D. all of the above

A. I have all my genitalia parts

B. I'm 12 years older than 7

C. My k/d says otherwise

D. That's invalid
  • I love getting a card refresh,
    grabbing cargo with PS.
    Getting half way and refreshing.

So many times they thought they had me.
    :D
  • woah this thread blew up. i touched a nerve of all you noob shield users

carry on

thank you for being so honest lol
  • If you hate it so much bring a scatter gun, nothing stands agains it.
  • ArchNemesis79
    426 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I use PS.....20 times in fact! Used it to unlock my Jaba contract, spammed it 20 times in a row at every refresh! After that I switched out to something that actually aids in killing and not saving my tail lol

I'm not a bubble shamer cause I can see in certain modes it is a beneficial card to have but when it's crutched to escape a spanking in a 1vs1 then I get annoyed. ;)
  • I don't care (except for glitches, so FU Lando Glitchers) what anyone uses if their attempt is to help win the game for their team. If someone uses a shield to gain extra time to uplink/disconnect in WA or arm/disarm in sabatoge then I'm grateful for them cause they are doing their job .... which is to help win the game.
  • I use personal shields and I have BOTH sets of genitalia. Take THAT.

And you're wrong, I am ageless and have been around since the beginning of time.

And I'm not garbage, but rather invented the Garbage Pail Kids.

And I'm all the above...your MOM. I popped her personal shield.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Scatter Gun

Cycler Rifle

Dioxis

Ion Grenade

Disruptor Rifle

Bo-Rifle

Shock Grenade

...Sorry, I don't seem to understand why you're having problems with personal shield users.

Don't forget Yee Old fist a cuffs either
  • Its none of the above because it's a very useful Star card. Would you rather die instantly or stay inside a shield until your health goes back up. I say you're being salty
  • Krimson wrote: »

D. all of the above
    C. My k/d says otherwise

Even though i understand you're just trying to put the OP in his place. A k/d ratio means NOTHING, and doesn't even reflect a players skill. All it would take to get an alarmingly high k/d is abuse the Lando glitch for several matches. That requires NO skill, but would make your stats look god like.
  • MC_XIX
    1505 posts Member
    woah this thread blew up. i touched a nerve of all you noob shield users

carry on

Would you rather us use Explosive shot/Adrenaline Stim? Just curious.
  • As a Cycler Rifle user, I love it when enemy players use the personal shield.

I don't see anything wrong with the personal shield. It's easy to counter.

NOTHING in the game is more satisfying than throwing my ion grenade at a bubble emoter. NOTHING!
  • if you use it I will camp you with 5 other people. you may get one or even two but not all.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    As a Cycler Rifle user, I love it when enemy players use the personal shield.

I don't see anything wrong with the personal shield. It's easy to counter.

NOTHING in the game is more satisfying than throwing my ion grenade at a bubble emoter. NOTHING!

...never been emoted in that why but PS just invites walking backwards away from the Bubble boy for as long as possible as they prepare to Melee, then Scatter gun them - Bad behaviour I know but what you going to do -it's just too tempting
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    woah this thread blew up. i touched a nerve of all you noob shield users

carry on

Would you rather us use Explosive shot/Adrenaline Stim? Just curious.

Wait a tick - someone put ES and Stim in the same sentence? Ummm, nope.
  • OP likes to use the blatant wall hack so its all good.
  • I have scattergun equipped and it's no problem.
  • Desiliijic
    558 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Gunfight: you and your foe shots to each other; you are almost dead, your foe too. Your foe activate PS, he thinks that now is safe; you takes your tiny stinger pistol. Then you looks at his glowing dead body; you smiles (But don't emote, you are a gentleman)...Hohoho hahaha.
  • The irony that the people who can't play w/o PShield are the same ones raging and complaining about other cards.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    The irony that the people who can't play w/o PShield are the same ones raging and complaining about other cards.

That's basically the point of this thread. OP likes his scan pulse but rages about the personal shield

thank you for being so honest lol

What have I been doing with my life. Damn you bubble
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    I hardly use it. Used it over the weekend to do Hutt contract. There are better cards to use than that.
  • I don't mind personal shield. I just carry the cycler and get them while they run away and think they are safe. Bodyguard with Bacta Bomb is a bigger problem.
  • Lol, if you can't kill a person fast enough, that's your problem.
  • I don't want to be that guy, but the personal shield could be almost useless with how many counters there are against it

Throw a grenade, punch, use a cycler rifle, throw a one hit shotgun, crash into with a ship, destroy with ion shot, oblitirate with a turret. There's so many counters to this power up that you probs have a counter in your loadout with out realizing it
  • You cant win 10 on 1 gunfights without it.
  • I love it when a bubble user runs up to me for the melee kill. I wait until I can see the whites of their eyes then waste 'em with the scatter gun. ROTFLMAO!