criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Lando Glitch Abusers

2Next

Replies

• I experienced this twice in the same round by two different players. Ridiculous and as others have said, straight up cheating which should be a bannable offence.

Players that exploited the game never got banned for doing so, it's the developers cause & reason of why this game is so disliked/abandoned by the majority.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Tobikun wrote: »
    jtbesquire wrote: »
    Mcap wrote: »
    This isn't a self reporting system though. Reports of cheating are generated by other players, not the, "child with the ipad."

The problem as it stands now is reports of glitching does noting. Does not get them fixed, does not get player warned/banned.

In the mean time it's game altering.

I don't individually disagree with anything you've said....but my point still applies. How do you hold the child responsible for something the parent isn't even willing to address?

The people who ban cheaters are not the same people as the developers. So lumping them all together as the, "parents," in your analogy is not quite fair.

And while I agree that the developers do not attend to glitches in what we believe is a timely fashion, it is also incorrect to say they never attend to them. They do, eventually... sometimes in doing so they make more glitches. But that's neither here nor there. The point is it is incorrect to state they aren't willing to address them.

Finally your analogy of the innocent child stumbling on the darker corners of the net is humorous, but again not fully accurate. Aside what I've already stated, we're not dealing with children stumbling onto things and being curious. We're dealing in many instances with glitches people have to consciously trigger, so the intent to cheat is there.

The main problem with the analogy is that the cheaters have been warned that exploiting the glitch is cheating by the community. In the analogy, it would be as if the parents DID tell the child not to go to those bad sites, but were unable to set up parental controls because of a glitch caused by Apple. Is it then okay for the kid to disobey his parents since Apple didnt allow for parental controls? It is cheating, and should be treated as cheating.

Why not have the devs focus on a major problem which is the random teleports, which will even happen to you if you are a hero and when it happens to someone playing as a hero it removes them as said hero and they are a normal soldier again.

This literally JUST happened to me in Extraction. I was Luke with like 75 health left and then *poof* I was a regular infantry with Luke's star cards (but alas they didnt do anything). WTF??? Very annoyed.
  • Mcap wrote: »
    They should be banned. All people purposely triggering glitches should be banned.

Grow up and change your tampon
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Noctis1313 wrote: »
    They should be banned. All people purposely triggering glitches should be banned.

Grow up and change your tampon

No, you have it backwards. Take said tampon and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. There's few enough games as it is. As time goes on the lobbies are less and less populated. One of the reasons is people get sick of the game ruining glitches existing and being exploited. I just want to be able to play the game without my whole team quitting because some players, likely you in fact, need to use a glitch to farm kills. I'm not a fan of people exploiting glitches on my team or on the other team. I actually enjoy the game and like playing it for what it is.

Post edited by Mcap on
  • Balmain24
    1532 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Quarktard wrote: »
    Balmain24 wrote: »
    Quarktard wrote: »
    That never happens to me. And I've never seen anyone else do it.

Not a lot of people do it, fortunately, but basically, as @beargonefishing1 described it, it's just non-stop/no cooldown Power Blast at full capacity. Thanks to the explosive effect you can also kill yourself if shooting too close, and has an area of effect. Can take down AT-ATs with no more than 4/5 Y-Wings. So it's game-breaking.

Also, have you been living under a rock?

No, I haven't been living under a rock, but this particular glitch has many threads that mention it, but all of them assume you already know what it is. I can't find a post describingit as a point of origin.
    Also, your phrasing "Not a lot of people do it" suggests one can deliberately choose to implement the glitch rather than it occurring by itself. Is that the case?

That is the case.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Tobikun wrote: »
    Tobikun wrote: »
    If you ask someone on the other team to do it they will. :v

Even more profound. Yes, overcoming a readily-available gun glitch that is exploited daily by somehow communicating with a person on the opposite team (shouldn't be a problem, I generally know all 20 PS4 players on the enemy squad) is way less burdensome and involved than an occasional hero teleport.

Here's my crack at profundity: Just don't pick up a hero token so you don't have to worry about getting teleported. Problem solved.

-Gold! (™)

It'll happen even if you don't pick one up.

Don't tell me this is becoming a thing... Just what we needed! :wink:
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Febelas wrote: »
    It was supposed to be fixed already. Incompetent ****.

This is a new glitch to his charged shot which only recently appeared with the current patch.

It's a game breaking glitche that basically guarantees victory for any team with Lando on it.

This is the kind of **** good game developers hot fix within hours of discovery.

The lack of hot patches is mind blowing. They tried to say "sony validation process". ****. A patch for one item could be done with in days. They have continually wanted to drop large patches, which then create more bugs.

Asinine as heck.

Imagine if there were quality control laws that punished devs for releasing glitched patches or for prolonging glitches to last too long. Worst of them is releasing patches that break the game in even more ways.
  • wow i thought lando was broken and i never even knew about this glitch. the **** is STILL broken even without this glitch. with the glitch it's embarrassing.
  • empath wrote: »
    wow i thought lando was broken and i never even knew about this glitch. the **** is STILL broken even without this glitch. with the glitch it's embarrassing.

DICE should be embarrassed. They're doing a terrible job.
  • Battleboy24804 on PS4, is a constant abuser of this. I was on his team and messaged him and he said, the glitch was in his controller.... hahahahaha!
  • this needs sorting now, its ridiculous how many games have been spoilt because of it.
  • ajvader87 wrote: »
    this needs sorting now, its ridiculous how many games have been spoilt because of it.
    Well said mate

Exactly how I feel right now
  • You essentially can't play a HV game unless you have a team that can coordinate an ambush on Lando
  • Quarktard wrote: »
    That never happens to me. And I've never seen anyone else do it.

I have seen it countless times. Do not attempt to disregard that many of us have seen it.
  • Blakeesmith
    126 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    IcedFreon wrote: »

For those who haven't seen the damage it can really do

Wow, it is utterly shocking how lazy and incompetent DICE and EA are. They clearly do not give a crap about their games working right.

Wow, REALLY?? The word "cr*p" is censored? Good god.

• ...best not appear in a game with any of us about :-) last night the previous round Lando Extraction Abuser got switched to our team - we actually pinned him to a wall and shot, blaster cannoned, grenaded them for most of the game. So funny to see them try to escape without success . They then got switched on the wrong map type for Lando abuse and our team just destroyed them "do bad unto others expect bad in return" ;-) yes not grown up but sometimes it's needed
    Febelas wrote: »
    It was supposed to be fixed already. Incompetent ****.

This is a new glitch to his charged shot which only recently appeared with the current patch.

It's a game breaking glitche that basically guarantees victory for any team with Lando on it.

This is the kind of **** good game developers hot fix within hours of discovery.

The reason this hasn't been fixed yet is it requires a different kind of fix due to how it is preformed. This fix takes more time than a normal one so you can expect it o take a bit longer, besides, better late than never.

How about some lando laughs instead of hate? (Not saying this isn't bad in any way, just watch the video)
  • In my opinion, anyone who uses this glitch should be banned. In other EA games (SWGOH for example) users were banned for exploiting various glitches. Exploiting a glitch is in violation of the EA EULA. It's total bull that this glitch came about in the first place, and complete **** that there's no support, and nothing done to perform a hotfix or any repair. We as good players who follow the rules have zero rights apparently and must endure game breaking and fun breaking glitches.

My favorite quote concerning this- 'we are tracking this glitch'. Seriously! How long do you have to track a constant issue before you repair it!
  • killed a Lando abuser with Bossk last night, it was glorious
  • IcedFreon wrote: »

For those who haven't seen the damage it can really do

Oh thank goodness. I've used Lando but normally, not like that. I thought just using him and the Power Blast normally was what got you labeled a cheater, so I just stopped using him altogether.

So THATS what MFers have been doing...and on purpose?! That's messed up. It'll just be easier to admit that they're shyte players and that they desperately need the K/D.

• Killed many glitch-using Landos with Bossk lately. The worst are in WA, on HvV they drop pretty quickly.
  • I just made a thread about this. Really game breaking and I've had it. I'm a WA player and I'm constantly running into these abusers. I really love this game but now I'm heading on back to BF1 or Overwatch. And for good if this bug is not fixed...
  • I was wondering how for a month I was dying so quickly in HvV. Then I saw a video. I tried it this weekend and honestly after a couple games it wasn't fun. Its not sporting for sure, but was just lame.
  • Finally... No more of this bull**** :smiley: :smiley:
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    Bunch of DB's, it is a glitch but to me it is cheating as well. All glitchers are probably under the age of 10
  • DO2L wrote: »
    Bunch of DB's, it is a glitch but to me it is cheating as well. All glitchers are probably under the age of 10

Funny thing is, they're most likely above 15 or even 20.
    Some people just like trolling everyone else.

3f4.gif
  • RIP Landobusers
  • So, no punitive measures for blatant spammers?
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    RIP Landobusers

Your punitive measures can be taking all these previous Lando Abusers down in gameplay now that the patch is released & most haven't realized that their game-breaking advantage has been taken away. They'll pick Lando just as they always have & then stare at you in confusion now that their arm cannon doesn't work like it used to. That's justice to me.
  • Jagelag wrote: »
    Peepzilla wrote: »
    RIP Landobusers

Your punitive measures can be taking all these previous Lando Abusers down in gameplay now that the patch is released & most haven't realized that their game-breaking advantage has been taken away. They'll pick Lando just as they always have & then stare at you in confusion now that their arm cannon doesn't work like it used to. That's justice to me.

Get It while you can. As soon as those talentles hacks find out they lost their cheat they will give up on the game.
  • Balmain24 wrote: »
    Finally... No more of this bull**** :smiley: :smiley:

never forget...
    This thread wasn't a complete waste of time. In fact I've compiled a master list of the names. I cross check the list before every single game I play to make sure that one of these people are not in the game with me. If they are I hunt them down kill them using explosive shot, shock grenade, bacta bomb, berserker, and DH-17. Then I laugh emote them.
    Here's the master list:

Yori8927
    omgUrdumb
    ugotplayed
    rangersfan
    AndyzSW
    neglekt89
    I08ragstailxx
    dinengerevenge
    imimamu
    odublax74
    tigerzjungle
  • Arcadegreg wrote: »

never forget...
    This thread wasn't a complete waste of time. In fact I've compiled a master list of the names. I cross check the list before every single game I play to make sure that one of these people are not in the game with me. If they are I hunt them down kill them using explosive shot, shock grenade, bacta bomb, berserker, and DH-17. Then I laugh emote them.
    Here's the master list:

Yori8927
    omgUrdumb
    ugotplayed
    rangersfan
    AndyzSW
    neglekt89
    I08ragstailxx
    dinengerevenge
    imimamu
    odublax74
    tigerzjungle

@Arcadegreg I'm so confused, I thought you admitted to freely using it and defended its use? And you keep a list of abusers? Don't...under....stand.
  • Arcadegreg wrote: »

never forget...
    Here's the master list:

Yori8927
    omgUrdumb
    ugotplayed
    rangersfan
    AndyzSW
    neglekt89
    I08ragstailxx
    dinengerevenge
    imimamu
    odublax74
    tigerzjungle

@Arcadegreg I'm so confused, I thought you admitted to freely using it and defended its use? And you keep a list of abusers? Don't...under....stand.

Acrostic...