criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Explosive Shot Messages

Prev1345
I use ES, Scatter Gun and Thermal Detonator and play Cargo. I can hardly count how messages I get for being a "insert insult here" for using ES. With Bacta, disruption, personal bubble, jump pack, bodyguard, berserker etc is it really that bad that I want to drop people before they use those?
#infantrylivesmatter

Replies

• Equip berserker/sharpshooter and earn damage boost without cheap starcard
  • Just don't mind them. I personally don't use ES but I don't find it to be really cheap when someone uses it. From a certain standpoint, most star cards (some more than others) are cheap in one way or the other. It does depend on how you use ES in game but if you use it to play the objective easier then it's no big deal. If you use it for each individual 1v1 just to gain an advantage, that's a different story.
    I'm just an imperial fangirl. | PSN: FathomEnigma1 | "Glory goes only to the Empire."
  • Only use ES against heroes.
  • SWBF moto is "Cheap Frills and Lame Kills"....see you in SWBF II for the expanded version of our moto.

-Your dear friend, EA

P.S. Thank you for beta testing
  • Just don't mind them. I personally don't use ES but I don't find it to be really cheap when someone uses it. From a certain standpoint, most star cards (some more than others) are cheap in one way or the other. It does depend on how you use ES in game but if you use it to play the objective easier then it's no big deal. If you use it for each individual 1v1 just to gain an advantage, that's a different story.

This guy gets it. I haven't gotten any messages since I've recently been playing, but I certainly have in the past. ES actually has some very good uses. ES makes quick work of a personal shield, that's a big game changer in cargo. I'd rather take my chances destroying a shield and having my entire team able to take down the carrier rather than trusting myself, or any of my teammates, to land a perfectly placed cycled rifle shot. And when you're the only one defending the cargo at base and you're facing a swarm of 3-4 enemies, ES at least half way evens the situation.

If I'm getting shot up and my last chance in a 1v1 situation is to turn on ES, you can bet the lower part of the back of the canister that is R2s body, I will if it means I can get the upper hand. But certainly not every 1v1. It's a waste of a charge at that point and your gun game must just be atrocious if you need to do that.

I really only play the 12 player game modes. There's a lot less room for error when it's 6v6. ES can be a very tactical powerup when the game comes down to the right kill at the right time.

• There's really no counter for ES - is the problem... except for ES. Every time I see it used in Cargo, it's the same guy using it all. the. time.

ES users can't ever seem to get a kill without it.

That and Scan Pulse are the only two cards I find myself being tempted to use all the time. But I resist.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • SWBF moto is "Cheap Frills and Lame Kills"....see you in SWBF II for the expanded version of our moto.

-Your dear friend, EA

Nailed it.
  • scan pulse is good for the team if you are loading control points. ES. good for atst. if it's in the game there is no same.
  • Explosive Shot is just cheap. You're literally dead on impact and get no reaction time.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Explosive Shot is just cheap. You're literally dead on impact and get no reaction time.

Still, Dennis figured it would be a good addition. So it must be good, right?
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Explosive Shot is just cheap. You're literally dead on impact and get no reaction time.

Still, Dennis figured it would be a good addition. So it must be good, right?

Please tell this is some kind of meme, right?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • MC_XIX
    1766 posts Member
    ES only works well on weapons with high cooling power (AKA slower overheating). A280C and DLT-19 benefit from it hugely, but I wouldn't call it overpowered at all. Easily countered by personal shield.
  • ES in a small mode is only ever 'morally okay' when you are single player in bad team up against mic'd party of 4-6 Bacta Abusers ( then absolutely hit them with everything !!!! ) so often the case in Cargo which is the most 'party abused try hards' mode there is IMO . ES should ideally should only have a splash advantage . Like many things in this game ES is situationally over powered - nothing going to change now though

-Your dear friend, EA

"It's in the game™"
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    You are entitled to use ES. And other players are entitled to tell you it's skill-less and cheap. That's how freedom works. If their words bother you, turn your messages off.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I use ES, Scatter Gun and Thermal Detonator and play Cargo. I can hardly count how messages I get for being a "insert insult here" for using ES. With Bacta, disruption, personal bubble, jump pack, bodyguard, berserker etc is it really that bad that I want to drop people before they use those?

I have used ES like ten times in a year but I have no problem with it or any other card now. I hated secondary fire which they fixed and the only card that really annoyed me was disruption which they fixed. I never cried nerf for disruption but I noted users and would emote them if I encountered them again
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    Use what you want.

Do you really care what other players think of your card selection?

A case could be made for every card being cheap.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Mcap wrote: »
    You are entitled to use ES. And other players are entitled to tell you it's skill-less and cheap. That's how freedom works. If their words bother you, turn your messages off.

Now I really want a "Freeedommm!" and "Murica!" emote to use after killing people with it.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    as long as there is no glitching going on, doesn't matter to me what you have
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    rollind24 wrote: »
    Mcap wrote: »

Now I really want a "Freeedommm!" and "Murica!" emote to use after killing people with it.

I fully support that. And for the record, I keep my messages off and use whatever I feel like using. If it's in the game it's fair play.
  • Played against a guy in cargo that was using the heavy repeater with explosive shot. Literally every time I encountered him he had explosive shot on and I was dead instantly. I give him props though for not using secondary fire as well.
  • Played against a guy in cargo that was using the heavy repeater with explosive shot. Literally every time I encountered him he had explosive shot on and I was dead instantly. I give him props though for not using secondary fire as well.

Interesting. I haven't run into anyone using that before. Usually it's the secondary fire is all I see.
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Played against a guy in cargo that was using the heavy repeater with explosive shot. Literally every time I encountered him he had explosive shot on and I was dead instantly. I give him props though for not using secondary fire as well.

Interesting. I haven't run into anyone using that before. Usually it's the secondary fire is all I see.

I hadn't either. It was definitely effective to use with heavy repeater. In my opinion it is probably the most effective weapon with ES because of the super high rate of fire. I hope others don't start using it. The heavy repeater is already annoying as is with secondary fire.
  • Glad other people are taking it into their own hands and sending messages to ES users. Only people that claim "Oh, it doesn't bother me much!" are people using it. Fact. Don't care how talented you are at this game, you go 1v1 an ES user and 99.9% of the time you're gonna get melted. There is no counter. You're done. I did the unthinkable and equipped ES to take care of an ES/camper/emoter and it was honestly a joke. It's hilariously easy to kill people when using ES. You're winning all of those gun fights.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Played against a guy in cargo that was using the heavy repeater with explosive shot. Literally every time I encountered him he had explosive shot on and I was dead instantly. I give him props though for not using secondary fire as well.

I see that all the time. TL50, DH17, E11, A2080C, DL44 and T21B are all favourites for ES usage. That being said, I even see it on the CA87 from time to time.
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    Glad other people are taking it into their own hands and sending messages to ES users. Only people that claim "Oh, it doesn't bother me much!" are people using it. Fact. Don't care how talented you are at this game, you go 1v1 an ES user and 99.9% of the time you're gonna get melted. There is no counter. You're done. I did the unthinkable and equipped ES to take care of an ES/camper/emoter and it was honestly a joke. It's hilariously easy to kill people when using ES. You're winning all of those gun fights.

You could bubble up, jump pack, bacta, disrupt, combat roll across the entire map, escape artist out of there. Quite a few options.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    ORancisis wrote: »
    Glad other people are taking it into their own hands and sending messages to ES users. Only people that claim "Oh, it doesn't bother me much!" are people using it. Fact. Don't care how talented you are at this game, you go 1v1 an ES user and 99.9% of the time you're gonna get melted. There is no counter. You're done. I did the unthinkable and equipped ES to take care of an ES/camper/emoter and it was honestly a joke. It's hilariously easy to kill people when using ES. You're winning all of those gun fights.

You could bubble up, jump pack, bacta, disrupt, combat roll across the entire map, escape artist out of there. Quite a few options.

Bull___. Unless I assume they have ES before I even engage in any sort of gun fight, none of those will get me out alive. Regardless of the gun it's being used with, you're done in that split second. It's easy enough to kill people using Bacta without any sort of damage booster. With ES they may as well not be using it. Running across lava in this game puts you down 30 health haha.

Edit: Before somebody comes in and says "Bacta user!", I use Bacta on only one map. Carbon Freezing Chamber. Strictly for the healing points.
  • TL50, Beserker, ES, Bacta. EEEEVVVVIIIILLLL
    It can be difficult to stop a good player with this set up. Makes me break out the jumpcaster hand.
  • ThaPhatDaddy
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    No problems with ES or secondary fire here. I don't equip or use either much myself.

I use the Bacta+Bodyguard+shield because I like to survive.

Using ES and secondary fire are an understandable evolution to so many playing like me.

Is it annoying to get killed before I can pop a shield or dose bacta? Yeah, but I'm not going to start messaging people over it. If I can't adjust my game then that's on me.

If someone messages you over something like this they're being a crybaby. Best to just ignore and block them.
  • Don't worry about it OP, Cargo has the biggest complainers.

Its not your fault scrubs who only play one mode can't think outside the box and cry when you wreck them.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Don't worry about it OP, Cargo has the biggest complainers.

Its not your fault scrubs who only play one mode can't think outside the box and cry when you wreck them.

Since Cargo in my opinion has the most skilled players populating that mode, I agree.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • Clone201 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »

Since Cargo in my opinion has the most skilled players populating that mode, I agree.

I have to disagree. Every time I drop into Cargo, my team is so uncoordinated
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I almost messaged someone today with a simple "LOL" because all the guy did was run around killing people with ES, while his Cargo team lost 1-9. Congrats! You're king of the losers :D
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »

It happens. I'll go 3-4 rounds with a team that barely cracks 7 kills each player but it evens out. I don't play enough of the other modes to have an informed opinion on whether "best" players play Cargo. With the maps being so small it can become a crutch knowing where most of the chokepoints are in the maps.
    #infantrylivesmatter

Bull___. Unless I assume they have ES before I even engage in any sort of gun fight, none of those will get me out alive. Regardless of the gun it's being used with, you're done in that split second. It's easy enough to kill people using Bacta without any sort of damage booster. With ES they may as well not be using it. Running across lava in this game puts you down 30 health haha.

Edit: Before somebody comes in and says "Bacta user!", I use Bacta on only one map. Carbon Freezing Chamber. Strictly for the healing points.

Have to agree with this on both points. I run Bodyguard and spend a decent amount of time at Bodyguard 3 and even fully Bacta'd up running into an ES user (especially a jump packer) and I'm luck if I get out alive. Forget popping a shield or throwing Bacta - you will be dead long before either animation completes.

I will run ES to revenge kill and let's just say that it doesn't require as much precision as, say, getting headshots with a T-21 or something.
  • Clone201
    3723 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Clone201 wrote: »

True, but I know a lot of players (also friends who play BF) who mainly play Cargo the most frequently, and they are very good players, despite what they use.
    Man! Could this game get any more broken?
  • James123_4
    376 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Have to agree with this on both points. I run Bodyguard and spend a decent amount of time at Bodyguard 3 and even fully Bacta'd up running into an ES user (especially a jump packer) and I'm luck if I get out alive. Forget popping a shield or throwing Bacta - you will be dead long before either animation completes.

I will run ES to revenge kill and let's just say that it doesn't require as much precision as, say, getting headshots with a T-21 or something.

To be fair, facing a bacta'd bodyguard at level 3 is about as annoying to me as facing someone with ES. I don't really mind either, probably because I don't die that much to them. ES is sorta fine the way it is now, since you can only really get 1 kill before it overheats. You're SoL if there's 2-3 people, unless they're bunched up. There really isn't many counters to it, but I never see players on my level/above my level using it, so I don't really have a problem with it.

Edit: and @ORancisis, I never use ES. I promise <3

Surviving while running Bodyguard w/ Bacta doesn't require as much precision as, say, surviving without Bodyguard w/ Bacta. See what I did there?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I don't find myself griping about it too often but I do think ES is one of the more unfair star cards. I've also noticed that a lot of the guys who use it tend to depend very heavily on it.

Personally, I think it was a poor decision on Dices part to include a straight damage increase star card. They should have had it give you a small aoe effect that doesn't does a percentage of gun damage and doesn't affect your primary target.

Surviving while running Bodyguard w/ Bacta doesn't require as much precision as, say, surviving without Bodyguard w/ Bacta. See what I did there?

On the hierarchy of annoying things in this game, ES is above bodyguard+bacta combo, without a doubt. I find both aren't enough to get worked up over though.
  • I usually get called dirty names first and then have an explosive shot.

@rollind24 Sure - Bactaguards are hard to bring down once they get rolling. Agreed. That's why a lot of people use it (I do too, especially in the latter stages of a match that I want to win). I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, there's a certain unfairness associated with a 1v1 against someone using ES. And if you're caught by surprise (maybe because they're the last person in a group and you just took down two or three of their team) you're done for - there's not much you can do about it. You can be smart, find cover - count out the seconds waiting for it to wear off and hope they don't get much more help, but unless you are a really really terrible shot, an ES user with ANY trait will win a 1v1 against pretty much anybody in any other circumstance. It is what it is. I see you embrace it (your pic - same one I used to have!). It's cool.
  • @cannon_fodder Agreed, it's really to each their own. You want to run Bactaguard to make it unfair for those not running it that's your choice. I really don't see it as any different than using an offensive power up instead.

#infantrylivesmatter
  • I think ES and bacta coupled w body guard are two crutches that need to be taken out for the next game.
  • While I don't care for ES (or shock grenade), it's part of the game, fairly balanced now and would never think of messaging someone for using, or even abusing, it.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    I think ES and bacta coupled w body guard are two crutches that need to be taken out for the next game.

I hope rather than focus on releasing extra "powerups" as a replacement for actual content they work on more maps. Here are the weapons in the game, get used to them, get good with them and the only thing to learn that's new are different maps. The issue with releasing new weapons, powerups etc is it becomes an arms race.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I have no problem with one or two players in a lobby using explosive shot, just as long as it's not the entire team doing it. but just know, if I see an enemy spawn in and immediately activate their explosive shot, I will make it a point to go after and kill them, with explosives. not to mention, disruption is still a good counter to explosive shot.
  • ARC211092 wrote: »
    I have no problem with one or two players in a lobby using explosive shot, just as long as it's not the entire team doing it. but just know, if I see an enemy spawn in and immediately activate their explosive shot, I will make it a point to go after and kill them, with explosives. not to mention, disruption is still a good counter to explosive shot.

Wouldn't you be killed before disruption activated, post-nerf? And you'd also have to know the guy was using ES, unless you enter every gun fight by dropping disruption. Agree on the rest though.
  • James123_4 wrote: »
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    I have no problem with one or two players in a lobby using explosive shot, just as long as it's not the entire team doing it. but just know, if I see an enemy spawn in and immediately activate their explosive shot, I will make it a point to go after and kill them, with explosives. not to mention, disruption is still a good counter to explosive shot.

Wouldn't you be killed before disruption activated, post-nerf? And you'd also have to know the guy was using ES, unless you enter every gun fight by dropping disruption. Agree on the rest though.

How do you choose any loadout without knowing what the other players have or are using at any given moment? As many 1 shot kills with pistols from across a room as I see in this game what difference does it make?
    #infantrylivesmatter
    James123_4 wrote: »
    ARC211092 wrote: »

How do you choose any loadout without knowing what the other players have or are using at any given moment? As many 1 shot kills with pistols from across a room as I see in this game what difference does it make?

Erm, what? You can't change loadouts mid-game, I just have mode-specific loadouts. My point is you don't know if the person you're facing will have ES, until they kill you/kill you with ES. This means that you are unaware that the gunfight is done, unless their aim is terrible.

Also, one-shot pistols? You're losing credibility man.