criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Explosive Shot Messages

1235Next

Replies

• You can have 775 charges, it just keeps saying 99.
  • rattler87
    152 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    You must be new to this game. Personal Shield, Bacta and Jetpack can all be used defensively as well as offensively, and do not guarantee a gunfight win.

Explosive Shot does.

It has no counter. It effectively turns your mode to "easy" and your opponent's to "impossible".

I am not new to the game. You make it sound like ES users are invincible and un-killable, which isn't true. Their guns over heat faster, plus it's not like the card lasts forever. It's use lasts what 5-8 seconds, like most other cards? ES does not guarantee a win in a gunfight. All someone has to do is pop a PS like a lot of people carry and then use their jetpack to getaway and fight another day. Or throw bacta (like 80% of the community uses to gain a 30% health boost advantage. Use stim. There are mechanics to counter it. Maybe you're new and don't know?
    Wrong, because lots of people actually understand the concept of fair play

Is that why most of the player population is using PS, jetpack, and bacta?

PS - does make a player un-killable unless a player is carrying IS or scattergun or is surrounded by a lot of enemies firing at them.
    jetpack - good way to escape losing gunfights or gain an advantage point in a map that users without one cannot get to
    bacta- 30% health boost. instant heal if your hurt.

Yeah, those mechanics are so fair and really support your logic.

Again, saying that one card is so cheap and more noob friendly is absurd. All cards provide the user with some sort of an advantage. What card(s) you decide to use is your business. Unfortunately we only have 2 load outs and cannot carry cards to counter everything we encounter in the game. Which is what makes it challenging.
  • SSJSnoop
    1768 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    rattler87 wrote: »
    [Unfortunately we only have 2 load outs and cannot carry cards to counter everything we encounter in the game.

One of the absolute worst design flaws in the entire game.

But don't bother trying to talk sense to these guys, they all have PTSD from dying in this game over and over.
  • @rattler87 I agree with you to a large extent, but the list of counters you posted to ES is just flatly incorrect. You don't have time to do any of those things against a competent ES user. The TTKs in this game (then couple it with lag) are very short. You're dead by the time the 1/2 second hold on the top button takes to activate PS - and forget about surviving through the Bacta animation. If you come around a corner ready to light someone up - they know you're there, you know they're there - they have ES - it's not close. It happened to me yesterday - I was a bacta'd up L2 bodyguard, came around the corner about to take someone out with a dual EE-3 head shot burst (he was in a spot where he couldn't move) and he had 70 health left when he died - I only got off the one burst. Even that is fine to a small degree, but it was the same player that had been spamming ES through the entire lobby.

Again, the primary issue with ES is that it's an I win button. You don't automatically win a gunfight because of Bacta or Jump Pack. You pretty much do with ES. I honestly laugh if I'm beating someone in a gunfight and they throw Bacta because nine times out of ten it's too late for them anyway, you will be dead before you benefit from that tasty blue dust. If you jump pack away from me - good for you - I'll see you again. ES - hey look my face just got melted in 1/10th of a second. Wee, what fun - that was fair.

With all of the random ways to die in this game, one of the few things that prevents death seems a little more fair than making the thing that you do most in this game (fire your blaster) twice as effective.
  • Honestly, the real problem I have with ES is not the card itself.....it's when the entire other team is running it. I think my frustration is when you turn every corner to explosive bolts. One guy here and there is no big deal. But I've turned a corner and try not to get upset about it or any card anymore now that disruption has been fixed. I just throw my ES card into my hand and fight fire with fire.
  • Honestly, the real problem I have with ES is not the card itself.....it's when the entire other team is running it. I think my frustration is when you turn every corner to explosive bolts. One guy here and there is no big deal. But I've turned a corner and try not to get upset about it or any card anymore now that disruption has been fixed. I just throw my ES card into my hand and fight fire with fire.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Maximus the Merciful!
    Don't hate on my new life path!
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    [Unfortunately we only have 2 load outs and cannot carry cards to counter everything we encounter in the game.

One of the absolute worst design flaws in the entire game.

But don't bother trying to talk sense to these guys, they all have PTSD from dying in this game over and over.

Haha Snoopy!

Explosive Shots biggest defender! I guarantee you couldn't buy a kill without ES slapped on your gun.

Oh, and @rattler87. ES DOES guarantee a win in a 1 v 1. Unless you have clubs for hands or you're half blind. I've used it, so it's not like I don't know what you guys are workin' with. It's a straight joke, just like @SSJSnoop and the rest of its abusers.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • ^You need therapy, this forum won't help get over all those deaths that you know are your own incompetent fault.
  • People find anything to complain about, and will. Maybe you guys need to take notes from this guy.
    Jello770 wrote: »
    ES users usually suck, I win 80% of my battles against them

^You need therapy, this forum won't help get over all those deaths that you know are your own incompetent fault.

Translation of every single one of Snoops ES posts.

"Hey, I suck at this game too! Don't worry! It's OK to suck!"

You're a goof.
  • I killed a guy last night that was using ES while not using ES. I'm not sure how that happened.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • From Page 5:
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Logic really goes over people's heads.

I don't have to post anything. You guys whine about ES when I have never praised it or complained about enemies using it against me. When people kill me with it I don't cry "Cheap!", I know he got me.

You guys since launch keep complaining about so many nerf and buffs, which shows how clueless you are about the real problems w/ the game.

Is it really that hard to fathom people doing well w/o Explosive Shot against Explosive shot?

I've played 350hrs, I have 15 different classes, I've used everything, and never felt I needed ES or people killing me w/ ES is unfair.

The situations and experience the whiners share reflect on you doing bad more than your intended purpose of detailing how unfair it was.

• "If it's in the game it's fair to use"

Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm a decent player, I can even be pretty good at times. By no means am I a "top" player, or anywhere close. But I do have 700 hours, so I've played enough to know ES is a joke and it's next to impossible to counter. My opinion on this is valid. Yeah, we all get lucky from time to time, or come across an incompetent ES user, but that card is worse than any others mentioned within this thread.
    Post edited by ORancisis on
  • RogueMammalX
    503 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    ES does not guarantee a win in a gunfight.
    As everyone else here knows, it does... unless your aim sucks. Period.
    All someone has to do is pop a PS like a lot of people carry and then use their jetpack to getaway and fight another day. Or throw bacta (like 80% of the community uses to gain a 30% health boost advantage. Use stim.
    All of those things take time and have never pulled a win out of a losing gunfight with an ES user who isn't legally blind. Ever.
    PS - does make a player un-killable unless a player is carrying IS or scattergun or is surrounded by a lot of enemies firing at them.
    Or can melee, use Dioxis, Stinger Pistol, Ion Grenade, Ion Neutralizer, Cycler Rifle, etc. There are so many counters to shield that you just look foolish mentioning it in the same breath as ES.
    jetpack - good way to escape losing gunfights or gain an advantage point in a map that users without one cannot get to
    Duh, so what? Still not a counter to ES, and as you say, it has many uses.
    It's not instant and you know it.

If you want to use ES, that's fine. Just stop pretending it's not cheap. You know it is. Even so, most ES users I see end up with a negative k/d for the match... so... Is it really worth it? :D

Agree with @cannon_fodder and @beargonefishing1.

Edit: Not sure why I wrote all this out. If you had just taken the time to read the thread before this, all these points have been made already. The case is closed.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • rattler87 wrote: »
    ES does not guarantee a win in a gunfight.
    As everyone else here knows, it does... unless your aim sucks. Period.
    All someone has to do is pop a PS like a lot of people carry and then use their jetpack to getaway and fight another day. Or throw bacta (like 80% of the community uses to gain a 30% health boost advantage. Use stim.
    All of those things take time and have never pulled a win out of a losing gunfight with an ES user who isn't legally blind. Ever.
    Or can melee, use Dioxis, Stinger Pistol, Ion Grenade, Ion Neutralizer, Cycler Rifle, etc. There are so many counters to shield that you just look foolish mentioning it in the same breath as ES.
    Duh, so what? Still not a counter to ES, and as you say, it has many uses.
    It's not instant and you know it.

If you want to use ES, that's fine. Just stop pretending it's not cheap. You know it is. Even so, most ES users I see end up with a negative k/d for the match... so... Is it really worth it? :D

Agree with @cannon_fodder and @beargonefishing1.

Edit: Not sure why I wrote all this out. If you had just taken the time to read the thread before this, all these points have been made already. The case is closed.

Well then....Someone woke up on the wrong side of an ES blast :)
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rattler87
    152 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Even so, most ES users I see end up with a negative k/d for the match... so... Is it really worth it? :D

We can certainly tell what your loadout is. Defending PS, bacta, and jetpack while bashing ES is stupid. Most of the community runs these cards for a reason.
    Take ES out of the equation for a minute, which i hardly ever see being used in comparison to these 3 cards.

bacta - instantly gives you a 30% health boost, do you really need that in a gunfight?
    PS - do you really need that to escape and run away from being killed?
    jetpack - same as PS

These cards help you avoid death more than anything in this game and are the most noob cards in the game. You guys get mad at ES users because it's one thing that can wreck your healing hand loadout with bodyguard.

If most ES users you see end up with a neg k/d then why is such an issue with you guys?

I can care less what people use in this game. If i get wrecked by an ES user then so be it. It happens. It's a mechanic that people use in this game. I get much more annoyed by the other 3 cards i mentioned because you see them everywhere. They are like a plague.
    BTW, i've been running CC, FF, and IS (depending which gun i use) exclusively for awhile now. I just don't get the hate surrounding ES. It makes no sense when there are other cheap cards being used more so than ES.
  • SSJSnoop
    1768 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    You guys get mad at ES users because it's one thing that can wreck your healing hand loadout with bodyguard.

• I've not had ANY problems with explosive shot for exactly 3 weeks, 2 days and 9 hours. Which also happens to be the exact time i decided to uninstall the game.
  • MC_XIX
    1506 posts Member
    I don't understand all the hate towards explosive shot. It only helps the weapons that have high cooling power & overheat slowly. It's definitely not overpowered. Something that helps you win a firefight doesn't make you invincible. You're trading a healing factor boost or a shield for a more powerful blaster. How is this unfair? It's really easy to beat ES, tbh.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    I've not had ANY problems with explosive shot for exactly 3 weeks, 2 days and 9 hours. Which also happens to be the exact time i decided to uninstall the game.

Nerf the uninstall! Too OP!
  • I consider myself a decent player, and I use explosive shot with the A280C in Walker Assault and Supremacy. I can kill without explosive shot, but it suits my play style on those larger maps. I feel like all is fair in love and war. In fair battles (i.e. both players are aware of each other, both have a form of cover, and both have full heath) there are counters to explosive shot. Personal shield (pop and wait for ES to overheat or run out then deactivate and kill). Disruption (overheat ES user). Focus fire (blaster with ES is stronger, but a blaster with FF is way more accurate), therefore timing is key to winning that battle. Cooling Cell (again, blaster with ES is stronger, but a blaster with CC has way more shots before overheat), therefore patience is key to winning that battle. Adrenaline Stem (again, patience will be key to winning that battle: just hit the stem under cover and wait for ES user activation to run out).
    As you can clearly see, in a fair battle, there are many counters to explosive shot. Now, if you want to bring up a whole bunch of unfair situations, then you can't make any comparisons. It seems like everyone who's complaining about explosive shot is applying their argument in an unfair battle situations. You can't do that, because the battle itself is unfair.
    I go up against explosive shot users every single night in outer rim, and I never have a problem killing them with one of the methods I've mentioned above...
  • @rattler87 I understand your point. I do run Bactaguard a lot. I usually start off with something different (sometimes BG without Bacta or JP, sometimes BH, depends on the match). If/when the match outcome becomes in doubt, I'll switch over to it to try to get my team over the hump.

I run Bacta + BG because it helps me avoid the numerous ways in which you die that are no fault of your own. I play the objective aggressively and rarely play in parties. Snoop likes to say people are just salty because it was their own fault they died and they don't want to admit it. I agree with part of that, but there are a LOT of scenarios where death just happens through no fault of your own.

oh, look, the third thermal imploder in five seconds "YOU DIED"...
    oh look, that dude just partner spawned on his partner hiding behind enemy lines AGAIN after I killed him for the third time and FINALLY beat me "YOU DIED"...
    oh look, it's Luke "YOU DIED"..
    oh look, it's someone who thinks they want to jump pack in and take me out, fun - yep, that's a smart rocket "YOU DIED"...
    oh look, I turned the corner to support a control point and there are five enemies and my entire team is in the back of the map with T-21Bs "YOU DIED"...
    oh look, it's lag "YOU DIED"..

ES, in my opinion, is a "no fault of your own" death a lot of times. Someone using it from across the map and trying to kill me - whatever - if I let you kill me from that distance I deserve it. But if I know you're there, you know I'm there - I have my trusty EE-3 -

oh look, it's that fiery glow at the end of his blaster's barrel "YOU DIED"...

• oh, look, the third thermal imploder in five seconds "YOU DIED"...
    oh look, it's Luke "YOU DIED"..
    oh look, it's someone who thinks they want to jump pack in and take me out, fun - yep, that's a smart rocket "YOU DIED"...

I hate games like that. All those things above seem to all converge on you at once every so often. Not as a result of your bad play, but just bad luck.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    I've not had ANY problems with explosive shot for exactly 3 weeks, 2 days and 9 hours. Which also happens to be the exact time i decided to uninstall the game.

Nerf the uninstall! Too OP!

lol. Actually ive been playing the division and metal gear 5. Not missed this "in the right place at the right time" shooter at all.
  • @cannon_fodder

I agree with you that you die in this game at no fault and they seriously need to work on spawn locations. I play supremacy a lot. I can spawn in and the enemy is right where i spawn already hammering me or an AT-ST is at the freaking spawn location just blasting away. Stupid deaths do happen in this game but i don't equate ES to a stupid death.

What annoys me in if i'm shooting an enemy from a distance and about ready to kill him then poof, he pops PS. You can't counter that unless you run ion shot or cycler rifle. Yeah that's not cheap or anything right? All i'm saying is ES is not more "noob" or cheap than the other cards i have listed.
  • rattler87 wrote: »
    @cannon_fodder

I agree with you that you die in this game at no fault and they seriously need to work on spawn locations. I play supremacy a lot. I can spawn in and the enemy is right where i spawn already hammering me or an AT-ST is at the freaking spawn location just blasting away. **** deaths do happen in this game but i don't equate ES to a **** death.

What annoys me in if i'm shooting an enemy from a distance and about ready to kill him then poof, he pops PS. You can't counter that unless you run ion shot or cycler rifle. Yeah that's not cheap or anything right? All i'm saying is ES is not more "noob" or cheap than the other cards i have listed.

@rattler87 I agree completely with PS. I understand its use in Cargo, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Infiltration, and maybe Walker Assault where you are exposed and without a weapon while serving a vital purpose. We just disagree on the ES and Bacta equivalency, which is great. I respect your opinion.
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    Dude, play how you want just as everyone else does. They don't like it they can equip the same loadout.
  • Just played against a party of ES spammers. Wee - what fun. Round of Turning Point over in < 4 minutes. That should totally happen.
  • So who's fault is it that you lost? Lol
    So who's fault is it that you lost? Lol

Is the blame yourself for everything part of your therapy regimen?
    Who's fault is it that you lost?

So who's fault is it that you lost? Lol

I wouldn't call losing a game an accident or a misfortune - just a negative outcome. So fault doesn't really apply here, but thanks for playing. And you can respond with some quote and have the last word. You got better for a little bit with the 'truths' and moral absolutes, but you're back in pure snoop form. Peace be with you.
  • Who's fault is it that you lost a Turning Point match ridiculously fast? Couldn't have anything to do with you and your team, of course not...
  • Yes, the 16 other random strangers and I were outmatched. At no point did I say anything to the contrary. I stayed in the loss. ****, I knew how it was going to play out before the match even started and I stayed for my beating. I didn't cry. I didn't quit. Not sure what your point is unless you're just reaffirming things for yourself. You don't need to tell us things that you need to tell yourself for reinforcement. Self-talk can stay in your head. It's ok.
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Who's fault is it that you lost a Turning Point match ridiculously fast? Couldn't have anything to do with you and your team, of course not...

You never say anything valuable. The only reason you defend ES is because you're trash. Other people in this thread at least make a logical attempt at defending it. You just spit nothingness.

Again - "You suck!". That's about as complex as your sorry a___ gets on here.
  • I knew how it was going to play out before the match even started and I stayed for my beating.

How did you know?

I knew how it was going to play out before the match even started and I stayed for my beating.

How did you know?

Excuse me. I misspoke. I had a strong suspicion given that I knew the team I was on was pitted against a full team of reasonably skilled ES spammers.
  • So anyways. What changes should be made to Explosive Shot in the next game? Or specific counters?
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    So anyways. What changes should be made to Explosive Shot in the next game? Or specific counters?

25-50% health reduction for the player that uses it. ;)
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
    So anyways. What changes should be made to Explosive Shot in the next game? Or specific counters?

I don't really have any problems with explosive shot, I feel it's overrated and I don't even run into it that often anyway

That being said, they should make it so that if you overheat your weapon while it's active your blaster explodes and you die, just because that would be fun to watch
    Add 2551 to my post count
    ru0TXZb.gif

25-50% health reduction for the player that uses it. ;)

I'd agree to that if the same applies to Bacta Bomb.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • GuessWho wrote: »
    rollind24 wrote: »

I don't really have any problems with explosive shot, I feel it's overrated and I don't even run into it that often anyway

That being said, they should make it so that if you overheat your weapon while it's active your blaster explodes and you die, just because that would be fun to watch

I kind of like the blaster exploding idea actually lol. Orancisis I remember said you shouldn't be able to walk around with it ready to go, I think that would be fair also.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • @rollind24 My opinion - get rid of Jump Pack, Bacta, Personal Shield, Explosive Shot, Disruption, and Shock Grenade. Keep Scan Pulse, but allow Scout to counter it. Remove the third level bonuses from all Traits if keeping that system.

If you do keep ES, then agreed, you should not be able to run around with it active. It would become more tactical like disruption has (thankfully). I'd alternatively consider changing the way the overheat works a bit - let's say it's a four shot kill with ES engaged for your blaster, then overheat at six, potentially with a bigger cooling flush mechanic and longer ES duration. You have a little leeway to miss, but you can't spray and pray your way to victory or mow down three people in under a second.

If you do keep Bacta, lose the extra health. There's no need for it.

I would consider the Level 3 Traits unfair to the average player. I get to Trait 3 reasonably quickly. Once there as a Bodyguard (snoop will love this) it is usually me doing something stupid or not being cautious enough when I die. Generally, when die as a Level 3 Bodyguard, you earned that death (I mean, except when an ES user melts your face..sorry, had to).
  • I'd be fine with most of the stuff they have if they introduced a class system. If you want to use jump pack/explosive shot/bacta, have an engineer class/demo class/medic class. Also, introduce ammo to star cards (maybe not to guns though, one of you could convince me to go either way on this one) so no more grenade/bacta/scatter spam.
  • You are totally entitled to use it. I personally stopped using it when it doubled your blaster's overheat... Then I discovered using it with the DL-18. Absolutely delicious my friend. Battle station is a new game for me now.
  • Ah noobs, yesterday I saw a player go 0-23 halfway through a heroes vs villains game, HEROES VS VILLAINS
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Ah noobs, yesterday I saw a player go 0-23 halfway through a heroes vs villains game, HEROES VS VILLAINS

That is not hard if you are the sort of player who just charges in and tries to do as much damage to heroes as possible. They may not have been given a hero to play as. I remember being involved in a match where a Lando abuser was picked to be a hero EVERY round. I always found that very suspect myself.