criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Do you think we made enough noise?

Prev1
It's hard to find someone who was 100% thrilled with EA's BF1, I know they exist but they're not common. They know we're mostly on a scale of disappointed to annoyed.

While they're working on BF2 now I'm wondering how much they've actually taken on board from here, from Reddit, from YouTube and social media.

How do you rate your chances of getting Conquest? Or your favourite omitted hero, or map? I know it'll have cost $240 to get there, but I'm cautiously optimistic about a few things and less so about others. Like they surely can't neglect space battles, but I'm less confident about getting my favourite fishy Admiral.

What did we shout about loudly enough to expect a result and what do you feel might have got lost in the noise?

Replies

  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I sure hope so.

    I hadn't played Pandemic's Battlefront and Pandemic's Battlefront II in ages, as I've just been playing EA's Battlefront, but yesterday, I pulled Pandemic's Battlefront and Pandemic's Battlefront II out of my closet and dusted off my PS2 and had a go of it.

    Man, I really had forgotten just how awesome Pandemic's Battlefront and Pandemic's Battlefront II were.

    The Level of Intelligence of the AI Bots in Instant Action, the ability to play whatever Map in the game that you wanted in Instant Action, the ability to play as a Wampa or as an Ewok, seeing and interacting with Tautauns, Gamorreans, and other Life Forms within the game, being able to enter and exit a Star Ship from inside your Capital Ship and being able to board an enemy Capital Ship and cause mayhem, seeing an actual living and interactive Rancor, having many more Heroes to choose from to play as, being able to battle across Multiple Star Wars Eras, having way more Vehicles at your disposal, having plenty of Planets/Locations to choose from, getting to play Galactic Conquest again, etc., etc.

    I really pray that EA/DICE have listened to everything that fans/players have said in feedback across various mediums for the whole time that EA's Battlefront has been out and that EA's Battlefront 2 will be everything that it should be.

    I guess we'll have to see, but it's encouraging to hear about a Single Player Campaign and Multiple Eras being added to EA's Battlefront 2.
  • LoyalTrooper
    325 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I doubt they "listened" I expect it to be like this installment
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I don't think so. They seem to be living in a different world.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Do you think we made enough noise?
    No. If Dennis is still involved or allowed to make decisions about the Battlefront Franchise then we lost.
    #Conquest
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    I don't think so. They seem to be living in a different world.

    The only dev who seems connected with the community is Guillaume. Good knowing we'll have him as Hero Designer for the sequel.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    I don't think so. They seem to be living in a different world.

    The only dev who seems connected with the community is Guillaume. Good knowing we'll have him as Hero Designer for the sequel.

    Don't forget the main main Linus josephson™

    We'll see in time how Linus™ turns out to be regarding the community.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Nope.

    It's still gonna be a cheesy game made for children. No adults allowed again. meh...

    luke.png
  • Nope.

    It's still gonna be a cheesy game made for children. No adults allowed again. meh...

    It would be a mistake to market this game as casual for children. I hope it is more skill based.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    If anything, like I said before, the devs heard that players really wanted a more Substantial Single Player/Offline Experience, so there will be a Single Player Campaign (and, hopefully, another Skirmish/Instant Action Mode).

    Also, the devs heard that players wanted to fight in other Eras, so, EA's Battlefront 2 will have Multiple Eras.

    Other than that, it will be a wait and see to determine if the developers listened or not.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Nope.

    It's still gonna be a cheesy game made for children. No adults allowed again. meh...

    It would be a mistake to market this game as casual for children. I hope it is more skill based.

    I also hope there's more skill involved. A lot more.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Nope.

    It's still gonna be a cheesy game made for children. No adults allowed again. meh...

    It would be a mistake to market this game as casual for children. I hope it is more skill based.

    I also hope there's more skill involved. A lot more.

    Yes. Playing Battlefield has showed me that a skill based game is better than a casual game. Its more fun and team based.

    I dont enjoy SWBF anymore. There just isnt any susbtance that make it strategic or team based.
    Its bland.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Nope.

    It's still gonna be a cheesy game made for children. No adults allowed again. meh...

    It would be a mistake to market this game as casual for children. I hope it is more skill based.

    I hope it's more adult based, i.e. With a Server browser, with rental servers, with real mics, real sniping, no linear maps, real spawns, proper vehicle spawns, no power ups, no crutch cards, no Cloud City Troopers running around on Hoth, living creatures from the Star Wars Universe that get in you're way and want to eat you, no diorama, no emotes, no more cheesy prepubescent flight mechanics......
    luke.png
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Nope.

    It's still gonna be a cheesy game made for children. No adults allowed again. meh...

    It would be a mistake to market this game as casual for children. I hope it is more skill based.

    I hope it's more adult based, i.e. With a Server browser, with rental servers, with real mics, real sniping, no linear maps, real spawns, proper vehicle spawns, no power ups, no crutch cards, no Cloud City Troopers running around on Hoth, living creatures from the Star Wars Universe that get in you're way and want to eat you, no diorama, no emotes, no more cheesy prepubescent flight mechanics......

    Beautifully said. I hope DICE actually listened to us this time.
  • How do you rate your chances of getting Conquest
    About what EA/TheVestalVikings says very high. Regarding to Dennis Tweet very low.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Anoh wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    I don't think so. They seem to be living in a different world.

    The only dev who seems connected with the community is Guillaume. Good knowing we'll have him as Hero Designer for the sequel.

    To be quite honest, if they made a stand alone game called "Star Wars:Heroes vs Villains" by EA. That game would sale like hot cakes.

    The added bonus being, we get a Real Battlefront ;) and "Heroes vs Villains" itself gets the attention it deserves. It would be easier to balance both games and both could reach their true potential.

    There's more than enough Star Wars fans and Outlaws *wink, wink* to support both.
    luke.png
  • No. I honestly don't think they've taken much from us even though they said they have. We're going to get another cash grab game but with a little more content at release and a campaign.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    No. I honestly don't think they've taken much from us even though they said they have. We're going to get another cash grab game but with a little more content at release and a campaign.

    This.

  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    I don't think so. They seem to be living in a different world.

    The only dev who seems connected with the community is Guillaume. Good knowing we'll have him as Hero Designer for the sequel.

    To be quite honest, if they made a stand alone game called "Star Wars:Heroes vs Villains" by EA. That game would sale like hot cakes.

    The added bonus being, we get a Real Battlefront ;) and "Heroes vs Villains" itself gets the attention it deserves. It would be easier to balance both games and both could reach their true potential.

    There's more than enough Star Wars fans and Outlaws *wink, wink* to support both.

    This would be real cool!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    No. I honestly don't think they've taken much from us even though they said they have. We're going to get another cash grab game but with a little more content at release and a campaign.

    You have accepted the truth, @Jrob122, fall from high, you will not. Fooled again, you will not.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I'm not sure what to think. I be all suspicious like....
    oh_i_see_what_you_did_there.gif
  • "we can't wait to show you how little we care about what you want"
  • I would like to think so, but with these devs you never know.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • We've made plenty of noise, but who knows if they'll actually listen and act on it?
  • bfloo
    15978 posts Member
    Nope.

    It's still gonna be a cheesy game made for children. No adults allowed again. meh...

    It is all about the toy sales :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • tommytom64 wrote: »
    We've made plenty of noise, but who knows if they'll actually listen and act on it?

    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

    Proceed with the countdown!

    giphy.gif
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    seems like not

    dennis still thinks the game is going strong , look what he just retweed



    ''Nailed it''

    Your kidding right?! I was part of that tournament last weekend and he tweeted that recently?! Because if EA's servers only one round even worked!
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    seems like not

    dennis still thinks the game is going strong , look what he just retweed



    ''Nailed it''

    Your kidding right?! I was part of that tournament last weekend and he tweeted that recently?! Because if EA's servers only one round even worked!

    nick-cage-lol.gif


    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

    Proceed with the countdown!

    giphy.gif
  • They'd be stupid to ignore us this time around. They know what we want, campaign and instant action mode with all maps and modes at launch. Simple as that. If they don't deliver im going to be surprised this time. They better not poop out another half ***** skirmish mode again, because then it'll be sad.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • The question is: What will we do if in the next game Conquest and Space Battles are still missing?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    They'd be **** to ignore us this time around. They know what we want, campaign and instant action mode with all maps and modes at launch. Simple as that. If they don't deliver im going to be surprised this time. They better not poop out another half **** skirmish mode again, because then it'll be sad.
    The question is: What will we do if in the next game Conquest and Space Battles are still missing?

    I think that people might be willing to give EA/DICE a second chance to redeem themselves with their Battlefront 2, by at least buying the game used and seeing if the team actually listened and delivered on what the fans want.

    However, if EA/DICE c..r..a..p in the bed again and repeat history by releasing a half way done game with their Battlefront 2, I don't see a successful profit for their Battlefront 3 in their future, but rather, a whole bunch of angry and bitter fans.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    . They know what we want, campaign and instant action mode with all maps and modes at launch.

    That's not what i want (the most)

    Yeah, I'm not a fan of shooting bots. It's great that they're adding it for the many who do I guess.

    One of the main ones for me is playlists. We collectively made a huge noise about it and I hope it's one they took on board. Right now if all the DLC maps in EABF1 rolled around in vanilla modes I'd have a lot less to complain about.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    . They know what we want, campaign and instant action mode with all maps and modes at launch.

    That's not what i want (the most)

    Yeah, I'm not a fan of shooting bots. It's great that they're adding it for the many who do I guess.

    One of the main ones for me is playlists. We collectively made a huge noise about it and I hope it's one they took on board. Right now if all the DLC maps in EABF1 rolled around in vanilla modes I'd have a lot less to complain about.

    1000 times this.
  • One of the main ones for me is playlists. We collectively made a huge noise about it and I hope it's one they took on board. Right now if all the DLC maps in EABF1 rolled around in vanilla modes I'd have a lot less to complain about.

    I approve this message.

    Even Mike approves this message.
    breaking-bad-mike-smile.gif

  • Vote with your wallets, not voices.
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

  • You know we haven't made much noise with BF II when...
    [insert your pet peeve]
    Mine would be,
    same lousy matchmaking system
    Alright... Alright... Alllrrright... B)
    XB1
  • SAmulticore
    3324 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    You know we haven't made much noise with BF II when...
    [insert your pet peeve]
    Mine would be,
    same lousy matchmaking system

    I haven't seen as many 1v6s recently, maybe I've just been lucky.

    My favourite one of those was right after Bespin released, I was Dengar alone against three heroes and a couple of infantry. I stayed at spawn and every time Luke leapt over my cover; thump. OHK. Happy days.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I remember my first post about nerfing ES, all were like

    "Game is perfect m8 git gud, you pr1k"
    "Stop play if you don't like some mechanics"
    "Adapt"
    "hater"


    Now to find someone who likes really the game, i need to deeply search, in some 1 year old threads.


    A lot have changed, who knows, maybe even in dice something will change.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    I remember my first post about nerfing ES, all were like

    "Game is perfect m8 git gud, you pr1k"
    "Stop play if you don't like some mechanics"
    "Adapt"
    "hater"


    Now to find someone who likes really the game, i need to deeply search, in some 1 year old threads.


    A lot have changed, who knows, maybe even in dice something will change.

    I just saw the thread....... If those people re-visited their comments, many of them would instantaneouly eat their words.

    Sad to think that ES was not considered a "tool for fools' back then. Now, it is though. Every time I encounter a ES user, I pity them.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    I remember my first post about nerfing ES, all were like

    "Game is perfect m8 git gud, you pr1k"
    "Stop play if you don't like some mechanics"
    "Adapt"
    "hater"


    Now to find someone who likes really the game, i need to deeply search, in some 1 year old threads.


    A lot have changed, who knows, maybe even in dice something will change.

    I just saw the thread....... If those people re-visited their comments, many of them would instantaneouly eat their words.

    Sad to think that ES was not considered a "tool for fools' back then. Now, it is though. Every time I encounter a ES user, I pity them.

    They always go 15-17 or something similar. If they are that terrible with ES I'd hate to see them without it.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    I remember my first post about nerfing ES, all were like

    "Game is perfect m8 git gud, you pr1k"
    "Stop play if you don't like some mechanics"
    "Adapt"
    "hater"


    Now to find someone who likes really the game, i need to deeply search, in some 1 year old threads.


    A lot have changed, who knows, maybe even in dice something will change.

    I just saw the thread....... If those people re-visited their comments, many of them would instantaneouly eat their words.

    Sad to think that ES was not considered a "tool for fools' back then. Now, it is though. Every time I encounter a ES user, I pity them.

    You really need to see the stuff about pre nerf disruption, best of the best :#

    Old bnerserkers + diruption user who claimed all was fine, and you needed to adapt and "Use the cycler m8"

    Fact is the cycler does not oneshot a Old Berserker guy ( current bodyguard) but abusers were so cute <3
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    I remember my first post about nerfing ES, all were like

    "Game is perfect m8 git gud, you pr1k"
    "Stop play if you don't like some mechanics"
    "Adapt"
    "hater"


    Now to find someone who likes really the game, i need to deeply search, in some 1 year old threads.


    A lot have changed, who knows, maybe even in dice something will change.

    I just saw the thread....... If those people re-visited their comments, many of them would instantaneouly eat their words.

    Sad to think that ES was not considered a "tool for fools' back then. Now, it is though. Every time I encounter a ES user, I pity them.

    You really need to see the stuff about pre nerf disruption, best of the best :#

    Old bnerserkers + diruption user who claimed all was fine, and you needed to adapt and "Use the cycler m8"

    Fact is the cycler does not oneshot a Old Berserker guy ( current bodyguard) but abusers were so cute <3

    See....This is why a casual game is bad. The devs have no remorse putting exploitative star cards in the game, and players who use them will go out of their way to defend them, simply because those are the only ways they can achieve kills.

    As such....the best part is that they will have no real points to counter any decent argument, and they will resort to "git gud m8," "adapt," "its a casual game," and "who are you to ask for nerfs?" without actually explaining why said card is not exploitative or why it shouldn't be fixed.

    Its actually pathetic. But, hey, at least now we have an established base of players, what I will call the Forum Senate, that will bring common sense to the new wave of players once SWBF 2017 hits in November. We will put some of those scrubs in their place if they have no substance to back up their arguments.

    Hail the Forum Senate! (jk obviously)

    source.gif
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    But, hey, at least now we have an established base of players, what I will call the Forum Senate, that will bring common sense to the new wave of players once SWBF 2017 hits in November. We will put some of those scrubs in their place if they have no substance to back up their arguments.

    Hail the Forum Senate! (jk obviously)

    source.gif

    They will pay for their lack of vision.
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    I remember my first post about nerfing ES, all were like

    "Game is perfect m8 git gud, you pr1k"
    "Stop play if you don't like some mechanics"
    "Adapt"
    "hater"


    Now to find someone who likes really the game, i need to deeply search, in some 1 year old threads.


    A lot have changed, who knows, maybe even in dice something will change.

    I just saw the thread....... If those people re-visited their comments, many of them would instantaneouly eat their words.

    Sad to think that ES was not considered a "tool for fools' back then. Now, it is though. Every time I encounter a ES user, I pity them.

    You really need to see the stuff about pre nerf disruption, best of the best :#

    Old bnerserkers + diruption user who claimed all was fine, and you needed to adapt and "Use the cycler m8"

    Fact is the cycler does not oneshot a Old Berserker guy ( current bodyguard) but abusers were so cute <3

    See....This is why a casual game is bad. The devs have no remorse putting exploitative star cards in the game, and players who use them will go out of their way to defend them, simply because those are the only ways they can achieve kills.

    As such....the best part is that they will have no real points to counter any decent argument, and they will resort to "git gud m8," "adapt," "its a casual game," and "who are you to ask for nerfs?" without actually explaining why said card is not exploitative or why it shouldn't be fixed.

    Its actually pathetic. But, hey, at least now we have an established base of players, what I will call the Forum Senate, that will bring common sense to the new wave of players once SWBF 2017 hits in November. We will put some of those scrubs in their place if they have no substance to back up their arguments.

    Hail the Forum Senate! (jk obviously)

    source.gif

    Agreed. We have to use this video everytime we do so.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.