criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Do you think we made enough noise?

2Next

Replies

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Xantos wrote: »
    I remember my first post about nerfing ES, all were like

"Game is perfect m8 git gud, you pr1k"
    "Stop play if you don't like some mechanics"
    "Adapt"
    "hater"

Now to find someone who likes really the game, i need to deeply search, in some 1 year old threads.

A lot have changed, who knows, maybe even in dice something will change.

I just saw the thread....... If those people re-visited their comments, many of them would instantaneouly eat their words.

Sad to think that ES was not considered a "tool for fools' back then. Now, it is though. Every time I encounter a ES user, I pity them.

You really need to see the stuff about pre nerf disruption, best of the best :#

Old bnerserkers + diruption user who claimed all was fine, and you needed to adapt and "Use the cycler m8"

Fact is the cycler does not oneshot a Old Berserker guy ( current bodyguard) but abusers were so cute <3

See....This is why a casual game is bad. The devs have no remorse putting exploitative star cards in the game, and players who use them will go out of their way to defend them, simply because those are the only ways they can achieve kills.

As such....the best part is that they will have no real points to counter any decent argument, and they will resort to "git gud m8," "adapt," "its a casual game," and "who are you to ask for nerfs?" without actually explaining why said card is not exploitative or why it shouldn't be fixed.

Its actually pathetic. But, hey, at least now we have an established base of players, what I will call the Forum Senate, that will bring common sense to the new wave of players once SWBF 2017 hits in November. We will put some of those scrubs in their place if they have no substance to back up their arguments.

Hail the Forum Senate! (jk obviously)

source.gif

Excelleeeeent, I AM THE COMMUNITY
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »

"Adapt"
    "hater"

Now to find someone who likes really the game, i need to deeply search, in some 1 year old threads.

I just saw the thread....... If those people re-visited their comments, many of them would instantaneouly eat their words.

Sad to think that ES was not considered a "tool for fools' back then. Now, it is though. Every time I encounter a ES user, I pity them.

Old bnerserkers + diruption user who claimed all was fine, and you needed to adapt and "Use the cycler m8"

Fact is the cycler does not oneshot a Old Berserker guy ( current bodyguard) but abusers were so cute <3

See....This is why a casual game is bad. The devs have no remorse putting exploitative star cards in the game, and players who use them will go out of their way to defend them, simply because those are the only ways they can achieve kills.

As such....the best part is that they will have no real points to counter any decent argument, and they will resort to "git gud m8," "adapt," "its a casual game," and "who are you to ask for nerfs?" without actually explaining why said card is not exploitative or why it shouldn't be fixed.

Its actually pathetic. But, hey, at least now we have an established base of players, what I will call the Forum Senate, that will bring common sense to the new wave of players once SWBF 2017 hits in November. We will put some of those scrubs in their place if they have no substance to back up their arguments.

source.gif

Excelleeeeent, I AM THE COMMUNITY

Not yet
    1f912f2.jpg

Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • ^ I bet this is why the devs don't look on here. If we want to get through to them I feel as if we should stop making fun of them. Even though they are really funny :/
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member

"Adapt"
    "hater"

source.gif

Thats currently very true.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    ^ I bet this is why the devs don't look on here. If we want to get through to them I feel as if we should stop making fun of them. Even though they are really funny :/

Wouldn't be posting stuff like that if they actually came on here every once in a while
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    ^ I bet this is why the devs don't look on here. If we want to get through to them I feel as if we should stop making fun of them. Even though they are really funny :/

I agree. But they created the culture of "We Don't Care About the Forum" by not continuously ignoring the feedback and the community and only depending on Twitter. Even now, they still haven't learned. We realized this was the case and now we don't really regard the Forum as functional as we would have if it was truly "functional."

They have done that themselves...

qr4yc.jpg

That's just my 2 cents anyway.
  • Alvonator wrote: »

I agree. But they created the culture of "We Don't Care About the Forum" by not continuously ignoring the feedback and the community and only depending on Twitter. Even now, they still haven't learned. We realized this was the case and now we don't really regard the Forum as functional as we would have if it was truly "functional."

qr4yc.jpg

Yeah I'm torn since they really deserve all of this backlash and hate, but on the other hand, the constant jokes and making fun of them probably demotivated them even more to interact with us. We're in a very sticky situation indeed!
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member

qr4yc.jpg

Yeah I'm torn since they really deserve all of this backlash and hate, but on the other hand, the constant jokes and making fun of them probably demotivated them even more to interact with us. We're in a very sticky situation indeed!

They bought it on themselves.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

qr4yc.jpg

The insulting jokes aren't necessary. No one should be making fun of any of the devs just because the game isn't what any of us want or what the Battlefront name deserved. The hate and backlash was necessary in order to set the devs head straight, but not the disrespectful name calling and belligerent remarks towards them.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017

qr4yc.jpg

Poor devs indeed, they are always getting fooled, they deserve respect. The same respect they gave to players, leaving the game broken for months, with overpriced fraud dlc's. And with troll posts on twitter by dennis.

Ending the game's support, when there are tons of unfixed bugs, and still lag problems.

"Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

qr4yc.jpg

The insulting jokes aren't necessary. No one should be making fun of any of the devs just because the game isn't what any of us want or what the Battlefront name deserved. The hate and backlash was necessary in order to set the devs head straight, but not the disrespectful name calling and belligerent remarks towards them.

I generally agree, but they could have stopped it months ago if they could have taken 10 minutes a week to communicate with their customers.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

bfloo wrote: »

qr4yc.jpg

I generally agree, but they could have stopped it months ago if they could have taken 10 minutes a week to communicate with their customers.

yeah the situation is the worst it could've been

qr4yc.jpg

As a rule, I don't take personal shots at anyone. I'll mock their words but nothing is accomplished by acting mean. And let's be honest, nothing more is changing, so we're all here for entertainment now. Funny trumps mean.
  • I'm very skeptical when it comes to them adding a Galactic Conquest style mode. They've come out and said that we're getting a campaign, which makes me think that conquest isn't going to happen (otherwise they'd say it, right?) so I'm not getting my hopes up for it.

I hope we do receive Conquest, but I'm trying to lower my expectations because I came into BF with waaaaaay to high of expectations. The game is fun, but it's missing a lot of what made me interested in the series from the beginning without adding things that I'm interested in. Sorry DICE, I know you're a multiplayer focused company, but I'm not super interested in a multiplayer focused Battlefront. Give us offline depth. Give us conquest (please).
  • Making fun of Devs is wrong now? What happened in the day I didn't check the forums?

raw