criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

how do you expect people to buy the next game when you leave the current one like this?

Replies

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    SpoonFett wrote: »
    Oh, it'll use "game engine footage" - lest we forget...

That profile pic :D
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    We're all getting BF2

Yes, second hand and not giving EA a single penny

Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice
    fbb22tqelthy.gif

If you get it second hand then someone still paid for it full price, unless whoever you're getting it from stole it
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    Dam even the gameplay trailer looked good for this game :confounded: this is going to be a dumpy road everyone, get ready!

"Don't trust the trailer, it will deceive you" said Ben Kenobi's ghost. Remember Ben, that insignificant character DICE couldn't add to the game because of obscure IP issues.

I assume "dumpy" was not a typo. It will be a dumpy ride. Like the DLC experience. A trailer that pumps you up and a month of anticipation, then an hour plus download because DICE/EA can't make a functioning PS4 patch for is game, and gameplay that would make the box artists for Atari 2600 games blush. Dumpy is the best way to describe it. A big brown dump with wavy lines coming off it and green flies circling overhead like so many Tie Defenders.
  • I may or may not buy it, depending on how transparent their information about the new game is, and whether or not I like that information. I'm open to a second one, because A. they've done a lot of good things with this one B. they've listened to a lot of our requests.

I'm curious to see how they take our feedback and move forward with another game. I will say this, without a galactic conquest type mode it will be hard to get me to buy the sequel.

Also... lay off Sledge for his Camaro stuff. The dude can have interests/hobbies outside of his work on Battlefront. Chill out.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    They seem to be investing in making good trailers. How bout investing that money into making a good game/DLC.
  • WodiQuix
    4493 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The trailers are amazing and are definitely capable of generating massive amounts of hype. The game needs to live up to those trailers, or better yet, be even better than what the trailers showcased. And to do this, rushed deadlines must be tossed out the window. I'm willing to wait a couple more months, or even another year or two, to receive a fully developed, tested, and bug/lag free product with enough content to really knock the title out of the park!
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    The trailers are amazing and are definitely capable of generating massive amounts of hype. The game needs to live up to those trailers, or better yet, be even better than what the trailers showcased. And to do this, rushed deadlines must be tossed out the window. I'm willing to wait a couple more months, or even another year or two, to receive a fully developed, tested, and bug/lag free product with enough content to really knock the title out of the park!

I agree. Quality over Quantity is key
  • tupe12 wrote: »
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

If you get it second hand then someone still paid for it full price, unless whoever you're getting it from stole it

Yes, but EA doesn't get my money if i buy it secondhand
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • 99% of us will buy it no matter what. We are too big of star wars fans and we will interested to see if they fixed problems.

I will be glad if they still focus only on OT and ST til Bfront 3 then they can add some PT.
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Two words:

Star Wars

Yep.

All about making money.
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

Money is still money, regardless of who it came from
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    tupe12 wrote: »
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

So you expect no one to buy the game new?
  • SuperDad0421
    600 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

Scenario 1 - You buy BF2 new from the store. EA gets $60. I buy BF2 new from the store. EA gets another $60.

Scenario 2 = You buy BF2 new from the store. EA gets your $60. You realize BF2 is recycled trash and sell your game on the secondary market to me for $40. EA ends up with your $60 and you end up with my $40.

But I do agree literally with your comment, money is still money regardless of who it comes from. It does not shapeshift depending on the payor.
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

Scenario 1 - You buy BF2 new from the store. EA gets $60. I buy BF2 new from the store. EA gets another $60.

Scenario 2 = You buy BF2 new from the store. EA gets your $60. You realize BF2 is recycled trash and sell your game on the secondary market to me for $40. EA ends up with your $60 and you end up with my $40.

But I do agree literally with your comment, money is still money regardless of who it comes from. It does not shapeshift depending on the payor.

OR you realize Battlefront 2 will just be Recycled trash and don't buy it at all. EA gets nothing and you save 60 plus another 50 not getting the season pass.
  • Alan_Ackbar
    3062 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    DO2L wrote: »
    Two words:

Star Wars

Yep.

All about making money.
    Money?
    databank_watto_01_169_ecd563f1.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C1560%2C878&width=768

Post edited by Alan_Ackbar on
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Sad that I can not always get to play the parts I like at a given moment...cause they are multiplayer, and not always available or only pro''s are playing who (sometimes) bully rookies and get them killed almost instantly...still thought they world release these dlc gems for single player or skirmishes where I can set the difficulty myself and don''t bore seasoned players...But now I read they won't, and are working on the next...Not all of us have time and talent to be that good but love Star Wars and are somehow forgotten by the makers I think...
  • Because its called STAR WARS...or with this game's case..."Star small linear battles EA"
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

OR you realize Battlefront 2 will just be Recycled trash and don't buy it at all. EA gets nothing and you save 60 plus another 50 not getting the season pass.

I have a strong feeling that BF2 is actually going to be BF1.5. Lots of recycling. These guys barely moved the needle with the DLC's as far as gameplay issues are concerned during the one year DICE was supporting BF1. What makes anyone thing BF2 is going to be significantly different than BF1?
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

I have a strong feeling that BF2 is actually going to be BF1.5. Lots of recycling. These guys barely moved the needle with the DLC's as far as gameplay issues are concerned during the one year DICE was supporting BF1. What makes anyone thing BF2 is going to be significantly different than BF1?

3 studios this time.

It's a 50/50, either it will be incredible and be worthy of wearing the Battlefront 2 name, or the same disappointment as this one.
  • bfloo
    14399 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

3 studios this time.

It's a 50/50, either it will be incredible and be worthy of wearing the Battlefront 2 name, or the same disappointment as this one.

They need 3 studios for the short time frame they gave themselves.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

3 studios this time.

They need 3 studios for the short time frame they gave themselves.

I think they'll build on the foundations of this one.
  • They need to learn that rushed products don't work. Give the three teams adequate time to fully develop the game.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    They need to learn that rushed products don't work. Give the three teams adequate time to fully develop the game.

But why would they do that, when they can rush it to release it alongside the next move and capitalize on it. The problem is that EA can just add a small number of features: a new Era perhaps, new shiny maps, but they won't make any changes to the fundamental gameplay issues that plague this game. People will only care about the possibility of a new Era and hype again before realizing it's the same faulty gameplay with the same dev communication.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

We're all getting BF2

fbb22tqelthy.gif

3 studios this time.

It's all unknown at the end of the day and all we can do is speculate.

However, the differences for EA Battlefront 2, in comparison to EA Battlefront 1, that hint that EA Battlefront 2 could end up being the superior game/product are that: there will be three studios working on it this time around, the game will have Multiple Eras, the game will have a Single Player Campaign, and EA/DICE have heard player feedback for what they want out of the Battlefront Franchise.

On the other hand, things we have seen that could support the notion that EA Battlefront 2 will be more of the same are that: EA/DICE rushed and released EA Battlefront 1 with little content for The Force Awakens and will, no doubt, try to have EA Battlefront 2 rushed and released before The Last Jedi comes out, EA/DICE continuously ignore and don't communicate with the community even now, and EA/DICE dropped support for EA Battlefront 1 only ONE YEAR after the game released.

At the end of the day, like Anoh said, it's a 50-50 on how EA Battlefront 2 will end up turning out.

I hope for the better, but, wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out for the worse.
  • bfloo
    14399 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    They need to learn that rushed products don't work. Give the three teams adequate time to fully develop the game.

But why would they do that, when they can rush it to release it alongside the next move and capitalize on it. The problem is that EA can just add a small number of features: a new Era perhaps, new shiny maps, but they won't make any changes to the fundamental gameplay issues that plague this game. People will only care about the possibility of a new Era and hype again before realizing it's the same faulty gameplay with the same dev communication.

They don't need to rush it for release alongside a movie. They could release it 3 years after the last movie is done, the same people are going to buy it because it is Star Wars.

h846398gb27k.png

• i have said things in other threads before i saw this one today.

i can no longer take chances on a game which has limited offline or no offline playability. that means after this game was abandoned despite the potential and the maps which i mostly love, and the dlc being locked to online so that once you cant connect to a server you cannot play anything except 6 vanilla maps in skirmish WA or FS... i cant preorder. i simply cant afford to cut down on food and other essentials to save for that. and i certainly cant throw money at a season pass not knowing if the dlc will be playable after a year because its not usuable when truly offline so when the servers are empty/gone once yet another sequel is out my money is just wasted.

im waiting to see. first if the game has at minimum blast offline and if that will be truly offline (not needing an internet connection to use some maps/weapons). better would be all modes available offline, but the bare minimum should be blast in two modes - with and without heroes, and preferably with option to turn off kill and time limits. if it has that, that wont stop me playing online, especially if i get to unlock things, like trait cards and star cards which i could then use to modify my offline hands. but sometimes you just want to play online. some of us dont want the 'challenge' which everyone seems obsessed with so we like to have fun instead like playing with bots on a lower difficulty setting than we could handle, yes its a slaughterfest with no risk for us but sometimes thats all you want.

so, the game wont be preordered. i wont buy it until i am sure there is enough offline worth in it, and that when the servers are gone its got enough offline playability to mean its worth the hdd space for keeping it.

season pass? very doubtful if they do the same online only and once the servers are off its gone model. if i buy season pass i am BUYING. that means i get to play those maps and heroes OFFLINE. now i understand EA will likely say they call it season pass because its access only for a season, so once the 'season' is over -that is a sequel comes out - they are covered in you not having access to the dlc once the servers are switched off for this game. but then they need to make that CLEAR BEFORE YOU PAY that the dlc is temporary and you lose access if the online is ended for the game. then maybe people will say 'thats not worth what you are asking'.

and just maybe they will lower the dlc cost because its only temporary access - or better they wont call it season pass and will make it available offline, for when the online is dead.
    invalid brain token
  • SpoonFett wrote: »
    I think you'll find our CM prefers to engage with the Camaro community these days https://www.lethalgarage.com/

It's a free country, good for him.

P.s. Camaros are meh...my Buick "Grand National" is nicknamed "Darth Buick". :wink:

GNX fans are as weird as the GNX itself. All the style you would expect from an 80s Buick with the performance of a 10s supercar. Darth Buick is an absolutely awesome name for a GNX. I assume it is black.

Yes, a modeller's glossy black. It's an 85 Grand National, not a GNX. 2 months ago I switched my gear ratio from 3.73's back to the stock 3.42's. The 3.73's or 3.90's seem to work better with tires taller than 28" but i cant stand the taller tire. :# o7
    luke.png
  • enohado wrote: »
    Because its called STAR WARS...or with this game's case..."Star small linear battles EA"

I know everyone hates FS, but those of you who agree with this comment and long for large open modes, like Battlefield, play the FS maps again and you can imagine what this game could have been like with those maps populated with vehicles on both sides, infantry all over the place, bases, etc. And that is just re-imagining Battlefront as a Battlefield reskin, What this game should have had was a map of Tatooine that encompassed everywhere visited in the film, from the escape pod, to the skeleton R2 and C3PO rolled by, to Mos Isley, to Luke's house, to Ben's cave. Myopic vision, these devs demonstrated. Pooped pants, they did.
  • Kenny_Bania_GOLD
    2107 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Myopic vision, these devs demonstrated. Pooped pants, they did.

Get off the couch™ so it can be cleaned!!
  • SuperDad0421
    600 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Myopic vision, these devs demonstrated. Pooped pants, they did.

Get off the couch™ so it can be cleaned!!

Sadly, I think the pants were pooped before anyone had declared "nailed it" and plopped down for a long winter's nap.

FPS have become increasingly similar for the last 10 years. Even the button configuration is now common among them. Star Wars always felt constrained in the CoD model. Regardless of what EA/DICE does to fix the issues in BF2, what I will be most disappointed in is that it will be another CoD model game. EA needs to look at which previous Star Wars games were successful and what characteristics they all shared, not create a Star Wars themed CoD and name it Battlefront
  • bfloo wrote: »

They don't need to rush it for release alongside a movie. They could release it 3 years after the last movie is done, the same people are going to buy it because it is Star Wars.

You're right they don't need to. BUT there going to so they can profit off of people hyped for the movie, therefore proving that they'd rather rush the game to release with the movie for the extra profit than take the time to make the quality game. There's no real reason they need a deadline. DICE is still reeling in profits from Battlefield 1 so they aren't in dire need of money. It's probably EA or Disney and they only reason they would do that is for profits.
  • bfloo wrote: »

Exactly.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    It's been 8 months since bespin came out and lando mother fuccin calrissian can STILL take off more than half your health as a villain IN ONE SHOT! Is it really that hard to make his trait no affect his power blast? You still can't get out of his stun lock so there's no use in running. Please fix this I seriously can't take it anymore
    @Sledgehammer70 @TheVestalViking
    Edit: I don't even know why I'm writing this since you guys never even look on here. You treat your customers like dirt
    Dude, S.H.U.T. up already! If your unhappy with the game, don't buy the next one! Nobody cares! Understand this, even if this entire forum boycotted the next game it wouldn't matter, EA will still sell 13 million copies with or with out you whiney T.U.R.D.S!

• Beaver wrote: »
    It's been 8 months since bespin came out and lando mother fuccin calrissian can STILL take off more than half your health as a villain IN ONE SHOT! Is it really that hard to make his trait no affect his power blast? You still can't get out of his stun lock so there's no use in running. Please fix this I seriously can't take it anymore
    Edit: I don't even know why I'm writing this since you guys never even look on here. You treat your customers like dirt
    Dude, S.H.U.T. up already! If your unhappy with the game, don't buy the next one! Nobody cares! Understand this, even if this entire forum boycotted the next game it wouldn't matter, EA will still sell 13 million copies with or with out you whiney T.U.R.D.S!

Dude, get out of my thread please. no nead for name calling. we get it you're an EA fanboy. obviously no one likes so please do us all a favor and leave
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Is that all you do is complain?

You are delusional.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »

You are delusional.
    OK, im delusional....... GET OUT OF HERE IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS GAME YOU TWIT!

yeah they will for sure make their profit, just not as much as this time. mcDonald's is also going to sell their stuff as usual, the difference is most customers never notice that someone spit on their burger.
    you seem to be the person who, even knowing it, eats it anyway. have a nice meal.
    Wer die Wahrheit sagt braucht ein verdammt schnelles Pferd!
  • No ****. My hate for this game is swelling. I cannot stand how Sidious cannot go toe to toe with Luke. It is so **** wrong.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    yeah they will for sure make their profit, just not as much as this time. mcDonald's is also going to sell their stuff as usual, the difference is most customers never notice that someone spit on their burger.
    you seem to be the person who, even knowing it, eats it anyway. have a nice meal.
    What exactly is it that you want? EA has a ten year contract with Disney/Lucas studios. Your not gonna get all of the Star Wars content in ONE game.The sooner you tards understand this the better. Whats it gonna take? You tell me?
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

You are delusional.

Save your energy. The Natural Light was on sale today at the corner market.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited February 2017

• Can we all just agree that this game would have sucked regardless of which publisher owned it?
  • bfloo
    14399 posts Member
    The exclusive contract given to EA was a mistake. If there was more then 1 developer making Star Wars games, they would all be better since they would need to compete.

h846398gb27k.png

• yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The exclusive contract given to EA was a mistake. If there was more then 1 developer making Star Wars games, they would all be better since they would need to compete.

no because they would all be looking to make a different game to the other companies. you wont get 5 different versions of battlefront from 5 different companies. you will get battlefront, another company doing 'star wars episode 7/8/9 [insert movie name]' games released on the movie release date, a space combat game based on rogue squadron, the 4th company will do a jedi adventure combat type game like force awakens with only a tenuous connection to the movies that are actually being released and the last one will be an mmo based on star wars set in the sequel era, that takes so long to set up and program it comes out 4 years after the final movie of the trilogy and 2 years after the last spin off movie release..
    invalid brain token
  • SpoonFett
    498 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Now the mouse is in the house those blue milk udders will get squeezed for ever and there won't be a last spin off movie release. EA could adapt their FIFA model to star wars and bung out re-hashes every year - stayed tuned for the Nien Numb movie tie-in Battlefront 2021!
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Two words:

Star Wars

• SpoonFett wrote: »
    Now the mouse is in the house those blue milk udders will get squeezed for ever and there won't be a last spin off movie release. EA could adapt their FIFA model to star wars and bung out re-hashes every year - stayed tuned for the Nien Numb movie tie-in Battlefront 2021!

there will be. BUT you are only partly wrong because they will do a new trilogy based on the characters introduced in the last one with more spin offs - and introducing new characters to grab a new audience demographic (such as an australian aboriginal actor or something - maybe some icelandic sounding bad guy idk how marketing execs brains work), which the next trilogy to milk the consumer - er i mean inspire new fans will be based on with some spin offs. etc etc ad infinitum. forever and ever, amen.
    invalid brain token
  • Pretty much.

The Creature agrees.

• bfloo
    14399 posts Member

no because they would all be looking to make a different game to the other companies. you wont get 5 different versions of battlefront from 5 different companies. you will get battlefront, another company doing 'star wars episode 7/8/9 [insert movie name]' games released on the movie release date, a space combat game based on rogue squadron, the 4th company will do a jedi adventure combat type game like force awakens with only a tenuous connection to the movies that are actually being released and the last one will be an mmo based on star wars set in the sequel era, that takes so long to set up and program it comes out 4 years after the final movie of the trilogy and 2 years after the last spin off movie release..

The games would be different, but as they are competing for people to buy their game, each would, at least in theory, be better to attract gamers to their game.

h846398gb27k.png