criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

We need Skirmish/Instant Action mode in Battlefront (2017)

2Next

Replies

  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I am thankful for the Skirmish we got in EA SWBF and looking forward to a completely fleshed out mode in EA SWBF 2. Split screen modes are worth while.

    Same here.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    joeybmx7 wrote: »
    It's awesome that we are getting a campaign mode in EA's next Battlefront installment. Many fans are quite pleased with this. However, here are some fantastic reasons why the Devs shouldn't stop there regarding the single-player content. In short, a campaign is a scripted experience (Meaning if there is only a story mode mission where you can play as Luke on the Death Star, it looks like you'll only be able to take control of Luke for THAT specific mission only)

    Skirmish/Instant Action allows players who play offline to really shape their Star Wars experience and truly create that sand box experience that players want in Star Wars. @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall @Firewall17 @TheVestalViking


    Agreed.

    @Darkaid One word, lol.

  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    joeybmx7 wrote: »
    It's awesome that we are getting a campaign mode in EA's next Battlefront installment. Many fans are quite pleased with this. However, here are some fantastic reasons why the Devs shouldn't stop there regarding the single-player content. In short, a campaign is a scripted experience (Meaning if there is only a story mode mission where you can play as Luke on the Death Star, it looks like you'll only be able to take control of Luke for THAT specific mission only)

    Skirmish/Instant Action allows players who play offline to really shape their Star Wars experience and truly create that sand box experience that players want in Star Wars. @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall @Firewall17 @TheVestalViking


    Agreed.

    @Darkaid One word, lol.

    It's true.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Blazur wrote: »

    That's ****. A name doesn't make a game, it's what's inside the package that counts. When Blizzard was working on StarCraft:Ghost, would you have bought the game expecting it to be an RTS? Would you have bought World of Warcraft and also assumed it to be an RTS just because it had Warcraft in the title? Or would you do the responsible thing and actually investigate what the game was to see if you'd be disappointed before buying the game? This argument is ridiculous, lol.

    Don't blame DICE for choosing the focus of this game. Blame yourselves for not knowing what you were getting before sinking the money on it. Just because old games FROM A DECADE AGO by A DIFFERENT DEVELOPER had SP it doesn't mean this one NEEDS it. Give me a break. The game did well enough on its own without SP despite your frustrations.

    Skirmish sucks. DICE needs to do the right thing and ignore all the haters and use their talents for something more worthwhile.
    are you daft? not playing with a full deck anymore? because that first part made 0 sense. Of course a name of an established series matters!! why would EA and DICE even call this Battlefront then? Starcraft Ghosts isnt (wouldn't have been) the numbered trilogy, unless your totally disconnected from the outside world in the early and mid 2000's, you would know that...so said person would be stupid to assume so.
    If DICE was so confident in their product why name it after a decade old series made by another developer then if "a name doesn't matter"?. It was just to bring in profit, thats all.

    lmao, and the game did well enough without SP??? It stood up fine on MP? care go to forums like and user reviews on Amazon, IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, PC Gamer and say that? Please, I want a good laugh,go ask the communities of Halo 5, Titanfall, Destiny, Gears 4, even the sister Battlefield game what they thought of Battlefront, its a joke, which is sad because it was a great series before, not just because of SP's inclusion. and thats not a "vocal minority/silent majority" crap either. thats all over the net.

    As far as us being uninformed, I've said this before, I'll say it again because it just goes in one ear and out the other. People were trying to be informed for about a year and a half, but EA and DICE gave us minimal information, then in Winter of 2015-Octoberish 2015, they kept saying with no further explanation, "Yes you can play offline with AI on all the maps". We asked and asked and nothing except that statement kept getting repeated. Then in Fall, they revealed the Missions Mode, they were still Vague and just said "play offline with friends in Co-op, as heroes or VS AI" heck the background for the skirmish page on the website even had a freakin AT AT in the background, and TIEs and X Wings overhead, something not even in, further leading us to think "oh well Missions is probly Instant Action". i remember looking on Gamefaqs fans were still saying "so whats single player?" "idk man do you know because No one seems to know".
    It wasn't until about later in November due to early access and people who hacked the files informed people what Missions was, thats when the complaining to EA started to Fix it, which eventually brought us Skirmish.
    So if someone went by official channels only, no they were not uninformed. and we Baught it still to complain and change the game for the better, which, hey they listened to us, its a start.

    You've always been the faithful EA drone on here. Why so against Single Player and other gamers being happy with a title they helped make sure your playing right now??? why can't everyone who plays this get their piece of the pie, hmm? is it because you want them to be let down because your a lonely 35 year old with no life asife from taking your frustrations out online or via hardcore mastur bation? a Full time troll and you REALLY have been sticking to your roll, because if so, hats off to you after 2 years of this! Or ar you some spoil 20 year old who thinks "this is how FPS games are now, MP based, I got what I enjoy so screw the other people if they don't wanna move on!". Im going for the 3rd option, but if its 2 I'd be pleasantly surprised.

    I hope we get not just a solid campaign but some good choices for offline MP, Im gonna troll you on every post you make to remind you we got what we wanted till Im banned for harassment!
  • bfloo
    15524 posts Member
    While I have mixed feeling about skirmish, since the ai is awful, why say no to more content.

    If people want to play bots, let them. It has no effect on your enjoyment of the game.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Lonnisity
    1946 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Blazur wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    That's ****.
    Whatever your thoughts on what this franchise should be, the insults need to stop.

    I thought you were taking a break from this community?
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Hey man. I just wanted to offer you an apology, both on behalf of myself and of SPM. Ultimately, as much as we (they) don't want to admit it, you are right. We (they) are fighting for something that we really don't have a whole lot of right to fight for. DICE made this game for a specific audience, and many past Battlefront players just so happened to not fit the criteria. This game was made for people who love multiplayer shooters, and at the end of the day, that's not really my style.

    So, I'm personally deciding to take your advice and not play, which includes taking a break from the community at large. Once everything is said and done, and all the expansions, free content, tweaks, and gameplay updates have been launched, I'll do my research, evaluate the re-investment, and take it from there. It's just getting too crazy around here.

    @Blazur - Just the fact that you dug up an old PM from months ago just to throw at me after I simply asked you to be a decent human being speaks volumes to your integrity. That was back before skirmish was even a thing. Listen dude, I don't care anymore what you think about this game. You've actually had some really good, well-thought-out suggestions, comments, and critiques that I can respect you for. What I cannot respect is you belittling someone just because they disagree with you. I know there's been this massive war between people who really hate singleplayer and people who really love it, and I understand that both sides have been **** with little exception. Like I said in my original post, which you yourself quoted...
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Whatever your thoughts on what this franchise should be, the insults need to stop.

    That wasn't challenging your opinion, it was asking you to be the better person in spite of it.

    And just to be clear, @Strogg1980 this is absolutely uncalled for as well.

    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    You've always been the faithful EA drone on here. Why so against Single Player and other gamers being happy with a title they helped make sure your playing right now??? why can't everyone who plays this get their piece of the pie, hmm? is it because you want them to be let down because your a lonely 35 year old with no life asife from taking your frustrations out online or via hardcore mastur bation? a Full time troll and you REALLY have been sticking to your roll, because if so, hats off to you after 2 years of this! Or ar you some spoil 20 year old who thinks "this is how FPS games are now, MP based, I got what I enjoy so screw the other people if they don't wanna move on!". Im going for the 3rd option, but if its 2 I'd be pleasantly surprised.

    Everyone just basically need to get over themselves and start trying to figure out how to best be productive in this community. The SP war is dead, as much as either side wants to perpetuate it. We all need to move on
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    I know there's been this massive war between people who really hate singleplayer and people who really love it

    Oh you mean the massive spam campaign across forums and all of social media, despite the obvious truth that none of you matter as much to DICE? Yeah...you guys can simply stop that if you can't handle rebuttals. That's the solution.

    LOL @ the OP and all of you for your endless lamenting for what this game wasn't. Skirmish sucks, embrace what this game was made for.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    That's ****.
    Whatever your thoughts on what this franchise should be, the insults need to stop.

    I thought you were taking a break from this community?
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Hey man. I just wanted to offer you an apology, both on behalf of myself and of SPM. Ultimately, as much as we (they) don't want to admit it, you are right. We (they) are fighting for something that we really don't have a whole lot of right to fight for. DICE made this game for a specific audience, and many past Battlefront players just so happened to not fit the criteria. This game was made for people who love multiplayer shooters, and at the end of the day, that's not really my style.

    So, I'm personally deciding to take your advice and not play, which includes taking a break from the community at large. Once everything is said and done, and all the expansions, free content, tweaks, and gameplay updates have been launched, I'll do my research, evaluate the re-investment, and take it from there. It's just getting too crazy around here.

    @Blazur - Just the fact that you dug up an old PM from months ago just to throw at me after I simply asked you to be a decent human being speaks volumes to your integrity. That was back before skirmish was even a thing. Listen dude, I don't care anymore what you think about this game. You've actually had some really good, well-thought-out suggestions, comments, and critiques that I can respect you for. What I cannot respect is you belittling someone just because they disagree with you. I know there's been this massive war between people who really hate singleplayer and people who really love it, and I understand that both sides have been **** with little exception. Like I said in my original post, which you yourself quoted...
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    Whatever your thoughts on what this franchise should be, the insults need to stop.

    That wasn't challenging your opinion, it was asking you to be the better person in spite of it.

    And just to be clear, @Strogg1980 this is absolutely uncalled for as well.

    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    You've always been the faithful EA drone on here. Why so against Single Player and other gamers being happy with a title they helped make sure your playing right now??? why can't everyone who plays this get their piece of the pie, hmm? is it because you want them to be let down because your a lonely 35 year old with no life asife from taking your frustrations out online or via hardcore mastur bation? a Full time troll and you REALLY have been sticking to your roll, because if so, hats off to you after 2 years of this! Or ar you some spoil 20 year old who thinks "this is how FPS games are now, MP based, I got what I enjoy so screw the other people if they don't wanna move on!". Im going for the 3rd option, but if its 2 I'd be pleasantly surprised.

    Everyone just basically need to get over themselves and start trying to figure out how to best be productive in this community. The SP war is dead, as much as either side wants to perpetuate it. We all need to move on

    Listen, you obviously havent been on here that much or that long. The guy has been putting us down for 2 years straight and just trolling all threada where people ask for SP contgent calling them stupid, dreamers, ill informed. Sorry if i dont follow the turn your check method.Ive grown tired of him being a **** recently so ill be using the fire with fire method thank you very much.

    Its not dead. They listened to us before, didnt they? So its not a lost cause
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Its not dead. They listened to us before, didnt they? So its not a lost cause

    You're confusing "listened to us" with "threw us a bone to shut us up".

    See you in BF2! (also...triggered)
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • bfloo
    15524 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    I would agree with @Blazur if the addition of intanst action meant less Multiplayer/campaign content

    However , they had 2 guys (you ''heard'' it right , skirmish only had 2 devs working on it , very pathetic indeed) working on it for less than 5 months , instant action really shouldn't be that hard to implement it .

    They need to work on ai for the campaign anyway.

    So well have ai made, maps made, it shouldn't be that hard to put the 2 together.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    I would agree with @Blazur if the addition of intanst action meant less Multiplayer/campaign content

    However , they had 2 guys (you ''heard'' it right , skirmish only had 2 devs working on it , very pathetic indeed) working on it for less than 5 months , instant action really shouldn't be that hard to implement it .

    They need to work on ai for the campaign anyway.

    So well have ai made, maps made, it shouldn't be that hard to put the 2 together.

    Plus with three studios, I don't think anything will subtract from another
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member

    Blazur wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    I know there's been this massive war between people who really hate singleplayer and people who really love it

    Oh you mean the massive spam campaign across forums and all of social media, despite the obvious truth that none of you matter as much to DICE? Yeah...you guys can simply stop that if you can't handle rebuttals. That's the solution.

    LOL @ the OP and all of you for your endless lamenting for what this game wasn't. Skirmish sucks, embrace what this game was made for.

    yep embrace it for the post launch-4 month Multiplayer (filled with all those delightful bugs and glitches you've all come to know and love!) until the game quickly drops off the radar when better games pop up through the year and only gets a major boost when some sort of star wars related media (like Rogue One) comes along...behold the joy of online only options in star wars! Remember what DICE said! "Live out your Star Wars fantasy" guys! because we all know you imagined playing as jump pack rebels and imperials throwing bacta all over the place with explosive shots and Lando reigning as King of the Hero's, yup every SW fans ideal battle fantasy right there!
  • Aryck-The-One
    1618 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    I know there's been this massive war between people who really hate singleplayer and people who really love it

    Oh you mean the massive spam campaign across forums and all of social media, despite the obvious truth that none of you matter as much to DICE? Yeah...you guys can simply stop that if you can't handle rebuttals. That's the solution.

    LOL @ the OP and all of you for your endless lamenting for what this game wasn't. Skirmish sucks, embrace what this game was made for.

    yep embrace it for the post launch-4 month Multiplayer (filled with all those delightful bugs and glitches you've all come to know and love!) until the game quickly drops off the radar when better games pop up through the year and only gets a major boost when some sort of star wars related media (like Rogue One) comes along...behold the joy of online only options in star wars! Remember what DICE said! "Live out your Star Wars fantasy" guys! because we all know you imagined playing as jump pack rebels and imperials throwing bacta all over the place with explosive shots and Lando reigning as King of the Hero's, yup every SW fans ideal battle fantasy right there!

    I feel for you @Strogg1980, but do not engage him.

    The EA Star Wars forums have rules, including:
    1. Never insult another member of the community.
    2. Respect other community members, whether they agree with you or not.

    That individual with whom you are engaging has broken these rules multiple times. With that in mind, I encourage you to take @EA_Afista's advice:
    If you come across a post that you believe is against the forum rules, please just use the Report function instead of quoting and/or replying to it. All reports are reviewed and actioned accordingly, so there is no need to call out players with a separate forum post. Thanks!
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Aryck-The-One

    Good advice.

    But also, best not to tag the mods either.

    Engaging in arguments with one another and tagging mods got this same thread closed by Jaywal once before, when it was in the General Discussion Section.

    It might be good to remove that tag and refrain from insults with one another, lest this thread will end up getting closed too.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1618 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Jarrad wrote: »
    @Aryck-The-One

    Good advice.

    But also, best not to tag the mods either.

    Engaging in arguments with one another and tagging mods got this same thread closed by Jaywal once before, when it was in the General Discussion Section.

    It might be good to remove that tag and refrain from insults with one another, lest this thread will end up getting closed too.

    I can't do anything about it now, as it does not allow me to edit my posts after an hour.

    I don't know why Jaywal closed the previous thread, considering the one tagging him was also the hater who was insulting and trolling everyone.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »
    @Aryck-The-One

    Good advice.

    But also, best not to tag the mods either.

    Engaging in arguments with one another and tagging mods got this same thread closed by Jaywal once before, when it was in the General Discussion Section.

    It might be good to remove that tag and refrain from insults with one another, lest this thread will end up getting closed too.

    I can't do anything about it now, as it does not allow me to edit my posts after an hour.

    I don't know why Jaywal closed the previous thread, considering the one tagging him was also the hater who was insulting and trolling everyone.

    Maybe because @Jaywal is as sick of the spam as the rest of us. All you guys have been doing for a year is spamming the forum about your skirmish nonsense. And here most of you are again, back at it and melting down.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Jarrad wrote: »
    @Aryck-The-One

    Good advice.

    But also, best not to tag the mods either.

    Engaging in arguments with one another and tagging mods got this same thread closed by Jaywal once before, when it was in the General Discussion Section.

    It might be good to remove that tag and refrain from insults with one another, lest this thread will end up getting closed too.

    I can't do anything about it now, as it does not allow me to edit my posts after an hour.

    I don't know why Jaywal closed the previous thread, considering the one tagging him was also the hater who was insulting and trolling everyone.

    And now Jaywal has been tagged too.

    It was because of what has happened here happened in that thread too.

    Forum members got into bickering and insulting and then mods were tagged and Jaywal closed the thread.

    I sense a closure incoming sometime soon for this thread, as history has repeated itself.

    Seems we can't ever get to talk about Skirmish in EA Battlefront 1 and EA Battlefront 2.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Sorry @joeybmx7 that your Skirmish threads are always getting closed due to nonsense from forum members.

    If only cooler heads could prevail and if there was less antagonistic behavior.

    I guess it just can't be.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1618 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Jarrad wrote: »
    Jarrad wrote: »
    @Aryck-The-One

    Good advice.

    But also, best not to tag the mods either.

    Engaging in arguments with one another and tagging mods got this same thread closed by Jaywal once before, when it was in the General Discussion Section.

    It might be good to remove that tag and refrain from insults with one another, lest this thread will end up getting closed too.

    I can't do anything about it now, as it does not allow me to edit my posts after an hour.

    I don't know why Jaywal closed the previous thread, considering the one tagging him was also the hater who was insulting and trolling everyone.

    And now Jaywal has been tagged too.

    It was because of what has happened here happened in that thread too.

    Forum members got into bickering and insulting and then mods were tagged and Jaywal closed the thread.

    I sense a closure incoming sometime soon for this thread, as history has repeated itself.

    Seems we can't ever get to talk about Skirmish in EA Battlefront 1 and EA Battlefront 2.

    Well, hopefully Jaywal is more reasonable this time.

    Instant Action was a core feature of the original games that we simply want to see return. It came back in the form of the unfinished game mode we know as Skirmish in Battlefront 2015, and we want to see it fully developed in the sequel with support for all maps and modes, including DLC. That is our constructive feedback on how to make Battlefront 2017 a better game.

    Blazur on the other hand does not have the right to insult us, label our feedback as "spam", or tag the mods to close down our threads just because he disagrees. Not only is this in and of itself spam, but what he's been doing is also against forum rules regarding insulting other member/respecting their opinions.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • gistech
    131 posts Member
    Agreed.

    Blazur clearly has a flagrant disregard for the rules when it comes to people he disagrees with over the matter of single player content. From what I can see, he's ignoring legitimate arguments (the only legitimate argument I've seen him respond to on this thread was the one about invoking the Battlefront name to draw in fans of the old series, and even then his argument wasn't a good one) and trying to cause drama in order to get threads shut down.

    Don't respond to this. There is a "Flag" option underneath posts, with plenty of options. If you do use this, however, do not use it lightly. State clearly why you are flagging the post. Then from there, let the mods take care of it.
  • I'm sure we'll get more offline content. There are three studios working on it. I question if it's Dice on online MP, Motive on campaign, Criteron on Instant Action.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I'm sure we'll get more offline content. There are three studios working on it. I question if it's Dice on online MP, Motive on campaign, Criteron on Instant Action.

    That's what I'm hoping. Skirmish in Battlefront 2015 had a lot of potential, but as it was developed by two people who only worked it on there free time, it never got as far as it could have... but now they have three studios working on it, and I think EA Motive and Criterion Games are working solely on the single-player while DICE builds the multiplayer. They definitely have the manpower to deliver a fully-developed Skirmish mode in the sequel.

    More than that, I want Skirmish to have variety. In addition to support for any new multiplayer modes they may have in the sequel (especially any seamless space-to-ground modes they may be working on), I want them to deliver support for all the modes in this game; Blast, Cargo, Extraction, Sabotage, Battle Station... seeing as we won't get to play them anymore once the player base disappears.

    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    I'm sure we'll get more offline content. There are three studios working on it. I question if it's Dice on online MP, Motive on campaign, Criteron on Instant Action.

    I heard Criteron is developing vehicle models or something? Idk if thaf has just the guess or if its true or if maybe they are divided between helping both DICE and Motive
  • Undeadjon
    339 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Blazur wrote: »
    (also...triggered)
    This proves your amount of real knowledge right here. Your generation sucks little man.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    (also...triggered)
    This proves your amount of real knowledge right here. Your generation sucks little man.

    ITT: A bunch of entitled millennials whine about foolishly buying the wrong game and then demands the developers compensate them for their mistake. And then they get overly sensitive when somebody calls them out on it. Yeah...I'll take any generation over that one.

    See you in BF2!
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    Blazur wrote: »
    (also...triggered)
    This proves your amount of real knowledge right here. Your generation sucks little man.

    ITT: A bunch of entitled millennials whine about foolishly buying the wrong game and then demands the developers compensate them for their mistake. I'll take any generation over that one.

    Obviously the OP is trying to make EA see that this game needs a single player campaign. The first one they completely disregarded us old school soldiers who played pandemic's "good battlefronts" with a real good experience offline/and online and said "**** it" lets poop out a steaming stereotypical EA cash grab.

    I'll admit our current battlefront is fun, great multiplayer, great graphics. But there was nothing to keep us going besides rank. This tine around I hope they do good by us and make a good experience. One worthy of the title "battlefront".

    Also, you're tired of people spamming? Then IGNORE THEM. It's the internet. It's going to happen.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • I'm sure we'll get more offline content. There are three studios working on it. I question if it's Dice on online MP, Motive on campaign, Criteron on Instant Action.

    That's what I'm hoping. Skirmish in Battlefront 2015 had a lot of potential, but as it was developed by two people who only worked it on there free time, it never got as far as it could have... but now they have three studios working on it, and I think EA Motive and Criterion Games are working solely on the single-player while DICE builds the multiplayer. They definitely have the manpower to deliver a fully-developed Skirmish mode in the sequel.

    More than that, I want Skirmish to have variety. In addition to support for any new multiplayer modes they may have in the sequel (especially any seamless space-to-ground modes they may be working on), I want them to deliver support for all the modes in this game; Blast, Cargo, Extraction, Sabotage, Battle Station... seeing as we won't get to play them anymore once the player base disappears.

    Adding this game's modes to the sequel's Skirmish would be cool.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Folks can we please just post about Skirmish and not argue with any people trying to troll?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • Folks can we please just post about Skirmish and not argue with any people trying to troll?

    Hell yeah.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Aryck-The-One
    1618 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    Folks can we please just post about Skirmish and not argue with any people trying to troll?

    **** yeah.
    Folks can we please just post about Skirmish and not argue with any people trying to troll?

    This. Let us agree from here on out not to respond to people who are trying to troll. Like @gistech said, they're just trying to get single-player threads closed by posting spam and tagging the mods.
    gistech wrote: »
    Agreed.

    Blazur clearly has a flagrant disregard for the rules when it comes to people he disagrees with over the matter of single player content. From what I can see, he's ignoring legitimate arguments (the only legitimate argument I've seen him respond to on this thread was the one about invoking the Battlefront name to draw in fans of the old series, and even then his argument wasn't a good one) and trying to cause drama in order to get threads shut down.

    Don't respond to this. There is a "Flag" option underneath posts, with plenty of options. If you do use this, however, do not use it lightly. State clearly why you are flagging the post. Then from there, let the mods take care of it.

    With that said, let us return to the topic at hand; Skirmish/Instant Action and why it's essential to the success of Battlefront 2017.

    One more thing Skirmish/Instant Action needs in addition to full support for all modes at launch and any DLC is the return of customization options; in Pandemic's Battlefront II, you could tweak the rules of different game modes like time limits, score limits, the number of AI bots, among other things like the frequency of Hero spawns.

    I don't think that sort of customization is present even in Private Matches for Battlefront 2015, and it should absolutely return in Battlefront 2017 for Skirmish/Instant Action.

    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • bfloo
    15524 posts Member
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    Folks can we please just post about Skirmish and not argue with any people trying to troll?

    **** yeah.
    Folks can we please just post about Skirmish and not argue with any people trying to troll?

    This. Let us agree from here on out not to respond to people who are trying to troll. Like @gistech said, they're just trying to get single-player threads closed by posting spam and tagging the mods.
    gistech wrote: »
    Agreed.

    Blazur clearly has a flagrant disregard for the rules when it comes to people he disagrees with over the matter of single player content. From what I can see, he's ignoring legitimate arguments (the only legitimate argument I've seen him respond to on this thread was the one about invoking the Battlefront name to draw in fans of the old series, and even then his argument wasn't a good one) and trying to cause drama in order to get threads shut down.

    Don't respond to this. There is a "Flag" option underneath posts, with plenty of options. If you do use this, however, do not use it lightly. State clearly why you are flagging the post. Then from there, let the mods take care of it.

    With that said, let us return to the topic at hand; Skirmish/Instant Action and why it's essential to the success of Battlefront 2017.

    One more thing Skirmish/Instant Action needs in addition to full support for all modes at launch and any DLC is the return of customization options; in Pandemic's Battlefront II, you could tweak the rules of different game modes like time limits, score limits, the number of AI bots, among other things like the frequency of Hero spawns.

    I don't think that sort of customization is present even in Private Matches for Battlefront 2015, and it should absolutely return in Battlefront 2017 for Skirmish/Instant Action.

    There is no rules customization, yet it has been available in fps games since at least the early 90's.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • WodiQuix
    4558 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd love to see a Galactic Conquest and Skirmish combination, along with a campaign. The best of both (or three) worlds!
  • Options are always welcome in my book, GC would be sweet too.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    I'd love to see a Galactic Conquest and Skirmish combination, along with a campaign. The best of both (or three) worlds!
    Yes, Galactic conquest would be an amazing addition. I doubt EA will include it, but none the less it would be awesome.

    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Options are always welcome in my book, GC would be sweet too.

    Seconded. If they do deliver on a fully-developed Instant Action mode (that comes first), then it wouldn't be too great a leap to recreate Galactic Conquest.
    * * *

    Arcade mode needs 20v20 and starfighter battles for Battlefront II!!!


    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!