criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero combat.

Id like a range of force abilities and saber combos with a force energy meter instead of cooldowns.
Blaster heroes with more realistic and personalised strategy based abilities and gadgets like boba and nein.
And heroes to have decreased health but have it healable.
Cooldowns should be removed where possible in all aspects of gameplay and replaced with energy meters/ ammo.
I'd also like the removal of traits in heroes and infantry as they just unbalance gameplay.

Replies

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    -Force meter would be too complex

-I think they are fine how they are

-Might work

-The cooldown system makes this game very unique and i doubt it will change

-Traits are a fun addition but they do need a bit of changing to stop high level players from just destroying with them
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

-Might work

-Traits are a fun addition but they do need a bit of changing to stop high level players from just destroying with them

Why would a force meter be too complex? Lol. It would only work the same as plapatines force lightening or bobas jump pack. Plus its in almost all star wars lightsaber games.

How can you say the one hot lock on abilities which take no skill are fine?

Decreased healable health would make players less cautious and more likely to ptfo.

I'm not making predictions I'm saying what I'd like.

I also think traits are silly. Oh, i just killed 3 people with jyn. Now the games gonna let me hit 3 people with my truncheon. Why couldn't I do that anyway? I just killed someone with chewie, now I get more bolts. It doesn't make sense.
    Traits for infantry could work based on race though. For example a wookie could have a ohk melee more health and less recoil, but slower sprint speed, ads speed and turning speed.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

-Might work

Why would a force meter be too complex? Lol. It would only work the same as plapatines force lightening or bobas jump pack. Plus its in almost all star wars lightsaber games.

Decreased healable health would make players less cautious and more likely to ptfo.

I also think traits are silly. Oh, i just killed 3 people with jyn. Now the games gonna let me hit 3 people with my truncheon. Why couldn't I do that anyway? I just killed someone with chewie, now I get more bolts. It doesn't make sense.
    Traits for infantry could work based on race though. For example a wookie could have a ohk melee more health and less recoil, but slower sprint speed, ads speed and turning speed.

The star cards already have a cool down and i don't believe a force meter would be necessary as force-users are only a small part in this game

I think the blaster heros do need some minor tweaks (like they need to be able to roll) but no major changes to their abilities

• Lightsaber combat needs a total overhaul if they plan on including more Jedi/Sith heroes. Ideally something like in the Episode 3 game (arcadey enough so that all players can get to grips with it, but in-depth enough for some players to master it).

Blaster Heroes work fine just now but improvements on player movement (being able to roll forward, making it less laggy, etc) would be welcome additions. Having more than just three abilities would be cool too.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »

-Might work

The star cards already have a cool down and i don't believe a force meter would be necessary as force-users are only a small part in this game

I think the blaster heros do need some minor tweaks (like they need to be able to roll) but no major changes to their abilities

Force users are a small part of this game but hopefully there are more lightsaber heroes in the next installment. Lightsaber combat and force abilities are also limited and cluncky.

I don't know what star cards have to do with anything?

How can you say blaster abilities are fine? Lucky shot, power blast, trooper bane etc are all very boring, allow little strategy and don't really represent the characters, whilst encouraging players to sit at the back of the map. Nein nunbs abilities can be used very strategically. I also like jyns grenade that exposes enemies by blinding them and making them take more damage. Lando's disruption works well for his character as a sort of trick up his sleeve. Bobas abilities represent him well also. These are the kind of things I'd like to see. Bossk also has a neat set of gadgets. This is the direction I'd like to see blaster heroes move in.