criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

What if SWBF2 is a failure?

Prev1
Alvonator
2510 posts Member
What is EA's "dramatically bigger" Battlefront 2 fails.

I mean what if:
- The game is very casual
- Same gameplay depth as SWBF 2015
- No Space Battles
- Limited Content
- Too many Bugs and Glitches at release
- No communication
- Terrible Servers

nic-cage-crying-o.gif

What will your reaction be?

Replies

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Well then I'll have an extra 20 bucks since I know I won't even be buying it second hand
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    And I'll be saving many hours of my life lol
  • I will speak to Dennis myself

He's too dangerous to be kept alive!
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Wouldn't be surprised. I think the EA shills(SW HQ, EAlliot, and others) would still love the game. I'm disappointed for them. Long live the SecondHandClub™!
    @Anoh
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Darkaid wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised. I think the EA shills(SW HQ, EAlliot, and others) would still love the game. I'm disappointed for them. Long live the SecondHandClub™!
    @Anoh

Maybe not even second hand. Probably just a rental.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • Alvonator wrote: »
    - No communication
    - Terrible Servers
    tenor.gif

• If Dennis is the leader it's gonna be a disappointing mess. He belongs on a SpongeBob project or something. Anything besides Star Wars.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    There is still Motive to hold at least the software quality at a minimum level if DICE fails again and we'll get a good campaign... The other company is probably developing on VR stuff.
    However if the above mentioned stuff is missing, the series will die for me. No more DICE games in the future for me then...
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• As long as it has kinda the same multillayer mechanics, a good single player skirmish mode, and campaign, I see no reason why I wouldn't enjoy it.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Undeadjon wrote: »
    As long as it has kinda the same multillayer mechanics, a good single player skirmish mode, and campaign, I see no reason why I wouldn't enjoy it.

Please no.
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    As long as it has kinda the same multillayer mechanics,

I see no reason why I wouldn't enjoy it.

40d18fa5892b1176a55310a449ef09fe.gif

Great Banter M8

I saw nothing wrong with the mechanics represented in battlefront. http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/companion/career/2533274845144857/stats
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    As long as it has kinda the same multillayer mechanics, a good single player skirmish mode, and campaign, I see no reason why I wouldn't enjoy it.

Please no.
    Why not? It was extremely smooth, mostly balanced. The gameplay was perfect. Sure there was a few unbalanced weapons but that's about it. But hey! Some people are good and some aren't.

• thiago2103 wrote: »

Please no.
    Why not? It was extremely smooth, mostly balanced. The gameplay was perfect. Sure there was a few unbalanced weapons but that's about it. But hey! Some people are good and some aren't.

Now i'm lost , what battlefront are you talking about ?

You know which one. The MOST CURRENT. Jesus, I offer an opinion and HOLY *****! I'm somehow a ***** murderer! Get over it. There is nothing wrong with the mechanics presented. Now again, I might be missing something somehow, so give me a specific. What EXACTLY do you have a problem with in multuplayer?
  • Undeadjon wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »

Please no.

You know which one. The MOST CURRENT. Jesus, I offer an opinion and HOLY ****! I'm somehow a **** murderer! Get over it. There is nothing wrong with the mechanics presented. Now again, I might be missing something somehow, so give me a specific. What EXACTLY do you have a problem with in multuplayer?

Well that went from 0-100 very fast. Stop being a child, I don't blame you for having your opinion but there's no need to be a goddamn baby about it when someone else disagrees with you.

Please no.

You know which one. The MOST CURRENT. Jesus, I offer an opinion and HOLY ****! I'm somehow a **** murderer! Get over it. There is nothing wrong with the mechanics presented. Now again, I might be missing something somehow, so give me a specific. What EXACTLY do you have a problem with in multuplayer?

Well that went from 0-100 very fast. Stop being a child, I don't blame you for having your opinion but there's no need to be a goddamn baby about it when someone else disagrees with you.
    I'm simply asking a question.

Please no.

Now I'm lost, which comment are you talking about ?

Please no.

Now I'm lost, which comment are you talking about ?

Lol you mistook sarcasm for anger. That's cool. Seriously though. There's nothing wrong with our current Battlefront mechanics.
  • HvV
    348 posts Member
    It should be casual. That's why so many people like it better than BF1. It's different and that's how it should be.
  • I don't hate it. I was at uni and not gaming much when Pandemic's games were released, maybe if I played them I'd have a different opinion, but to me it's a new game without the weight of expectation.

The lack of content at launch, and then the subsequent lack of integration of the DLC is awful. The bugs, the lack of fixes, communication, and the abandonment of the game are awful.

But the bare bones of a decent, 'new' franchise are there. It's a 'could have been great' title that missed the mark, it feels rushed. Single player doesn't matter to me, neither does the Clone Wars (or the promised ST content), I just want a solid, extensive and well balanced and supported OT Star Wars pvp.
  • enohado
    269 posts Member
    My guess is that the sequel WILL be *****.
    It takes roughly 3 years for an AAA company to make a solid single player campaign mode, as a MINIMUM. Most campaign only games take even more, like Bioshock Infinite was in production for like what, 5 years? These people are doing it in like 2, so im expecting a mediocre AF campaign thats roughly 4-5 hours long like battlefield 1's campaign, and I say 4-5 hours if you like exploring and dawdling, if not, then make it even less.

But hey, I hope not, I also hope they get rid of those ***** mario kart power ups scattered across the maps and implement actual classes, non regenerative health, and limited ammo.

Enterable and exitable vehicles, LARGE sandbox like maps, not big maps where your just locked in a grid playing a very linear gamemode.

I do optimistically hope that when dennis screeches his "nailed it" catchphrase, it has actual meaning this time.
  • If it flops, I simply move on from the series and look to all the Star Wars games they are going to be releasing in the next 2 years. Until then, Ill have Dawn of War and Mass Effect for my sci fi fix.
    It will be sad to see a beloved series laid low, but gaming life goes on
  • HvV wrote: »
    It should be casual. That's why so many people like it better than BF1. It's different and that's how it should be.

Delusional. How many people exactly? The only reason to is becos its sw, not better gameplay or uniqueness.
    Casual players won't stop playing battlefront becos its too complicated, they're just there to feel like they're in star wars. Less casual gamers will get bored quick.

Let's hope the devs don't listen to your minority.
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    HvV wrote: »

Let's hope the devs don't listen to your minority.

Hes not actually and they arent going to change it. Star Wars games have never been about hardcore competitive pvp shooters. Heck most shooters they made for SW are in fact either adventure type games or story driven FPS's. The most PvP I can remember were the Jedi Knight games and now Old Republic.
    Star Wars is a very wide audience to cast the net over, heck of all the people who went and saw the Films,Id wager maybe 1/3 MIGHT be gamers... and who know how many of them dont care for Battlefront or are picky with their SW based games.

So with such a wide net to cast who do you think they will try to appeal to, the PvP or the general SE groups and Audiences out there?

Sorry to say it, but if you want this series to become competitive pvp, best pretend Destiny or Halo is star Wars or wait for a game like that to be developed
  • bfloo
    15978 posts Member
    Many of us are expecting more of the same, so it wont be much of a surprise.

It is going to be casual again because Disney Star Wars is all about the kids.

If you get your hopes up for an in depth fps, you are going to be disappointed.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo
    15978 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    bfloo wrote: »
    Many of us are expecting more of the same, so it wont be much of a surprise.

It is going to be casual again because Disney Star Wars is all about the kids.

If you get your hopes up for an in depth fps, you are going to be disappointed.

Just because its gonna be casual doesn't mean it needs to have uninspired and generic linear and scripted modes , it doesn't mean that they can ignore basic features and mechanics (Creatures , Enterable vehicles , boardable capital ships etc...) and not have many content .

I am setting my expectations low so they can only impress me.

It worked for Rogue one :)
    The movie, not the dlc

h846398gb27k.png

• Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    HvV wrote: »

I slightly disagree with this.

People will always prefer to depth to not depth.

So, regardless of being casual, it needs depth. Much more than SWBF 2015.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    What is EA's "dramatically bigger" Battlefront 2 fails.

I mean what if:
    - The game is very casual
    - Same gameplay depth as SWBF 2015
    - No Space Battles
    - Limited Content
    - No communication
    - Terrible Servers

nic-cage-crying-o.gif

What will your reaction be?
    I'll say, "you all were right". Yet BF2 i guarantee will be at least as good as BF is now

• enohado
    269 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Here is what I think we will get. An identical game like this one, but released in the same state this current game is right now content wise plus the campaign. The rest will be DLC. That's my guess.

Im just setting my expectations SO LOW so that I won't get disappointed...seeing this is EA, they will manage to do that somehow though.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    If they make it based on the tsunami of feedback they got, it will be amazing.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    If they make it based on the tsunami of feedback they got, it will be amazing.

I pray they do, we know at least one dev has seen the things we don't want.
  • If EAfront2 is a failure I'll laugh and shrug my shoulders. If it's good and has offline space battles and skirmish/instant action I'll buy it used later on.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    @Anoh

Just because they like the game, it doesn't make them shills. I like Battlefront as well... I know what I would like to see changed in the second one, but me liking the first one doesn't make me a shill.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Anoh

Just because they like the game, it doesn't make them shills. I like Battlefront as well... I know what I would like to see changed in the second one, but me liking the first one doesn't make me a shill.

If you like it but are critical and realize it needs some big improvements, of course not. But if you think that its worthy of a score around 8, 8.5 or 9....yeah your a bootlicking hack. We all enjoy it to a degree on here, but lets face the facts; the game is one of the worst shooters many people have played in recent years as far as AAA shooter titles go, its one of the laughing stocks of the FPS community
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    @Anoh

If you like it but are critical and realize it needs some big improvements, of course not. But if you think that its worthy of a score around 8, 8.5 or 9....yeah your a bootlicking hack. We all enjoy it to a degree on here, but lets face the facts; the game is one of the worst shooters many people have played in recent years as far as AAA shooter titles go, its one of the laughing stocks of the FPS community

Good point.

You are correct, there certainly is a difference.

You can absolutely like this game, but also realize/acknowledge flaws in the original and desire to maybe see some changes/different approaches in the sequel by providing constructive criticism to the proper people.

But, yeah, if you are just a "yes man" and applaud everything being done, if you think that this game is the best thing since sliced bread or since the invention of a combustion engine, and if you can't acknowledge or try to ignore issues with this game, then, yes, that makes you a shill.

1000% Casual, not yet another FPS clone with star wars skin..
  • I actually have high hopes for this game. They know the sequel won't sell if they don't do something that will appease fans of the original games, so there are a few features that I think I can safely bet will be in the game:

Fully developed Skirmish/Instant Action
    -The most heavily requested feature for EA's Battlefront by far. For many, this will be the deciding factor as to whether or not to buy the sequel (myself included), and I am confident that EA knows this and will confirm Skirmish to be in Battlefront 2017 sooner rather than later to boost sales. To top it off, they have three different studios working in the game, so they've more than enough manpower and resources to make this a reality.

I just hope they're more transparent about single-player content this time, and give us a better idea of what we can expect; can we tweak the game rules and set up custom playlists like we could in Instant Action for Pandemic's SW: Battlefront, for example.

Space Battles
    -We all want to be able to land in the hangars of enemy capital ships and enter/exit vehicles manually instead of using power-ups. The latter is almost a certainty; we've already seen the WIP animations of a Rebel soldier climbing into an X-Wing. I don't see the former as being guaranteed, but I do think there is a high probability; I believe EA will do everything they can to appeal to fans of the original games after the failure of Battlefront 2015.

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • bfloo
    15978 posts Member
    @Anoh

Despite my complaints, I'd give this game a B.

It lacks depth, fixes and all were terrible, and could have been better. The way the dlc's were implemented was a fail. I only got the Seaaon Pass because I expected the maps to get implemented into the base game like the Jakku maps were.

The star card system is a great idea, implementation could have been better.

It wasn't a deep fps game, but it is still fun to play.

If I thought this game was that bad, I wouldn't have played it for 600 hours. This right there makes it my game of 2016.

My biggest complaint would be the lack of SP, but the marketing was pretty clear that the focus was mostly on the MP, so that is on me.

h846398gb27k.png

• Strogg1980 wrote: »
    @Anoh

yea, agreed, but people may like this game. it is casual, and if that is your thing, maybe this game is an 8 or 9 to you. you can't really knock someone because they enjoy the game. elliot still plays the game a lot, as i see him in game all the time on origin. if the game was bad to him, he wouldn't play it as much.

tastes
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Anoh

yea, agreed, but people may like this game. it is casual, and if that is your thing, maybe this game is an 8 or 9 to you. you can't really knock someone because they enjoy the game. elliot still plays the game a lot, as i see him in game all the time on origin. if the game was bad to him, he wouldn't play it as much.

tastes

The game was one of the most disappointing games for me ever. I only play large modes and there are only 7 maps for it. However I played it over 1-2 years, because there are no other Star Wars game alternatives beside the mobile games.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

@Anoh

tastes

The game was one of the most disappointing games for me ever. I only play large modes and there are only 7 maps for it. However I played it over 1-2 years, because there are no other Star Wars game alternatives beside the mobile games.

My frustration has far surpassed my disappointment at this point. There really are a lot of questionable design choices.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
    @Anoh

tastes

Opinion/tastes can be wrong tho. Or have less merrit then others.
    @Anoh

tastes

That goes against the whole idea of opinions... just because someone elses opinion on something is different than yours, it doesn't make it wrong, it just makes it different. If they were saying it as a fact, then yea, it can be wrong, but that isn't what they are doing. I know those guys personally, and to them, they thoroughly enjoy the game
    @Anoh

tastes

That goes against the whole idea of opinions... just because someone elses opinion on something is different than yours, it doesn't make it wrong, it just makes it different. If they were saying it as a fact, then yea, it can be wrong, but that isn't what they are doing. I know those guys personally, and to them, they thoroughly enjoy the game

Then The *****'s and Communist Russians had good opinions, since all opinions must be valued. Guess Minorities like me have to just respect them for their ideas, huh?
    Guess the opinion that women cant have full control of their bodies is also a side that must be respected, cant hurt the feelings of the right/religious too.

Please, an opinion can be wrong, its wrong to say this game is close to perfect.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Then The ****'s and Communist Russians had good opinions, since all opinions must be valued. Guess Minorities like me have to just respect them for their ideas, huh?
    Guess the opinion that women cant have full control of their bodies is also a side that must be respected, cant hurt the feelings of the right/religious too.

Please, an opinion can be wrong, its wrong to say this game is close to perfect.

The greatest teacher, failure is.