criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

An AWESOMETACULAR Idea

How amazing would it be for there to be a thing in some maps where say if you accidentally hit something or purposefully do something, something happens that changes gameplay. EXAMPLE- if there was a map based in the sequel, and if you blow up say a control panel, 6 rathtars are released that can kill not just the enemy team, but anybody, and they don't stop until they are killed. It doesn't effect the missions such as capture the flag or anything, but adds a whole other variable and makes the game THAT much cooler

Replies

• Btw guys, I forgot to put trilogy after the word sequel
  • Destructible environments would be nice, but apparently they aren't doing it because it would ruin the authentic look of the maps or something.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Destructible environments would be nice, but apparently they aren't doing it because it would ruin the authentic look of the maps or something.

See, this is why people go to overboard with the whole "immersion" thing when it comes to Star Wars. An awesome idea gets shut down simply because it won't look 100% like the movie

• TMachine97 wrote: »
    Destructible environments would be nice, but apparently they aren't doing it because it would ruin the authentic look of the maps or something.

See, this is why people go to overboard with the whole "immersion" thing when it comes to Star Wars. An awesome idea gets shut down simply because it won't look 100% like the movie

Yes, I agree. People like to have things that look like the movie and are realistic, and it's nice. But nobody wants something 100% in line to canon and the world. They want to have fun, it's okay to bend he rules a little bit and not make it canon if it makes it much more fun
    Destructible environments would be nice, but apparently they aren't doing it because it would ruin the authentic look of the maps or something.

Well it's a back and forth thing with DICE. Sometimes they bring up the case of immersion, but choose to ignore it in others.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

I believe it was a Lucasfilm decision, stating - 'it's not very Star Wars ".
  • Master_Cunha
    4546 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Destructible environments and creatures that attack everyone could add a lot.
  • Or how about tailoring certain features like "Orbital Strike," such that if it is utilized by the Rebels on Endor, rather than an uninteresting and lame hailstorm of indiscriminate explosions within a demographic radius, it's actually a frenetic Ewok attack that assists you in blitzkrieging enemies. I mean, hello? Certain things are narratively teed-up for DICE, yet ... swing and a miss.
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    You know it's gonna be awesometacular when awesometacular is in the title.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • That would require effort and passion. Both of which arent in DICE's dictionary of game design.
  • enohado wrote: »
    That would require effort and passion. Both of which arent in DICE's dictionary of game design.

I think you mean unless it's Mirror's Edge and Battlefield.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • enohado
    269 posts Member
    enohado wrote: »
    That would require effort and passion. Both of which arent in DICE's dictionary of game design.

I think you mean unless it's Mirror's Edge and Battlefield.

"That would requiere effort and passion for STAR WARS..."
    There, fixed. : P

Yeah, that blaster barrage from the most powerful artillery in the galaxy destroying a small wall ?

"nah, not very Star Wars dude".

Seriously , how did LucasArts come up with that nonsense ? (if it is true)

Yeah, that blaster barrage from the most powerful artillery in the galaxy destroying a small wall ?

"nah, not very Star Wars dude".

Seriously , how did LucasArts come up with that nonsense ? (if it is true)

Its funny isn't it?

Aldeeran, Scarif Base, Jedha City, Endor Bunker all get destroyed and brutal battles happen there, explosions and gunfights everywhere, buildings destroyed....

Yet, we get, "Its not very Star Wars"
    -Lucasfilm
    tFlo5Q.gif