criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Iakaru, Drabatan, & Mon Calamari

In the next game I really hope they're able to include species (like the ones in the topic name) whose heights vary from human heights. I think Rogue One created some awesome species that I'd love to see in the next game alongside a personal favorite, the Mon Calamari.

What playable species would you like to see in the next game?

Replies

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Mon Calamari are definitely my #1 most requested for next game. But I'd also love to maybe see Edrio Two Tubes species? Idk what they're called
    Edit: they're called Tognaths
  • The problem with height variation is the hit box. If the characters were accurate, Vader and Chewie would have 2x the size hit box as Nien Nunb and Leia. I believe the devs said that was one of the issues with IG-88 - his build.
  • It ain't Batlefront unless you have those Bothans and their dirt-throwers.
    174as.jpg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    The problem with height variation is the hit box. If the characters were accurate, Vader and Chewie would have 2x the size hit box as Nien Nunb and Leia. I believe the devs said that was one of the issues with IG-88 - his build.

Vader and chewie have a much bigger hit box tho
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    The problem with height variation is the hit box. If the characters were accurate, Vader and Chewie would have 2x the size hit box as Nien Nunb and Leia. I believe the devs said that was one of the issues with IG-88 - his build.

Vader and chewie have a much bigger hit box tho

They do, but if they had all heroes and characters scaled in size correctly, you'd see everyone running the Sullustan skin as Rebels because not only would they have (probably) the smallest hit box but getting headshots would be harder than it would be against a Stormtrooper, which were tall, taller than Luke.
  • I think there should be traits for classes and species. For example a wookie would have less recoil, ohk melee and more health but slower sprint speed, larger hit box and not able to roll.
    An assault trooper could be slightly faster with slightly less recoil, but a larger hit box.
  • Twi'leks with different colors.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    I would like to see the Talz.
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    I think there should be traits for classes and species. For example a wookie would have less recoil, ohk melee and more health but slower sprint speed, larger hit box and not able to roll.
    An assault trooper could be slightly faster with slightly less recoil, but a larger hit box.

That's a great idea!
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd also like to see Ithorians (hammer heads). The vast majority were sympathetic to the Rebel Alliance and it's not far fetched that some would join up as operatives or soldiers.
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    WodiQuix wrote: »
    I'd also like to see Ithorians (hammer heads). The vast majority were sympathetic to the Rebel Alliance and it's not far fetched that some would join up as operatives or soldiers.

That's true but <insert complaint about hitboxes here>.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    Personally, I'd love to see playable Mon Calamaris and like Trooper mentioned, bothans. Bothans could be quite interesting because afaik, we haven't really seen them fully-realized in the new canon.

Iakarus and drabatans could definitely be neat, especially since we'll probably see more Rogue One content this time around.

Besides those, I think wookiees could be fun. However, their inclusion might require a more in-depth customization system that just something that slaps new paint on a standard hit box (i.e. hitbox, speed and health differences for customization options). So while I'd love to see wookiees, I'm not sure they're a realistic expectation.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • leftweet wrote: »
    Personally, I'd love to see playable Mon Calamaris and like Trooper mentioned, bothans. Bothans could be quite interesting because afaik, we haven't really seen them fully-realized in the new canon.

Iakarus and drabatans could definitely be neat, especially since we'll probably see more Rogue One content this time around.

Besides those, I think wookiees could be fun. However, their inclusion might require a more in-depth customization system that just something that slaps new paint on a standard hit box (i.e. hitbox, speed and health differences for customization options). So while I'd love to see wookiees, I'm not sure they're a realistic expectation.

Don't think it would be unrealistic, it would just combine the trait and customization systems.
  • A Wookie has a larger hit box than an Ewok. That's right. It wouldn't limit the fun. I hope people will one day stop trying to ruin the fun with these kind of arguments. It makes no sense to give a huge character a small hit box, because it would be unfair... Anyways the skin system is probably not in BF 2 anymore and we'll see classes back. Problem solved.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    leftweet wrote: »

Don't think it would be unrealistic, it would just combine the trait and customization systems.

Maybe! I hope I'm wrong--having skins with different traits could be fun.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost