criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

What should show up on the Minimap?

Alright, I can't be the only one that hates that sprinting, shooting, and using the jump pack shows up on the minimap. I know this is supposed to be easier than battlefield, but in battlefield, you don't show up on the minimap if you sprint or SHOOT. It's really nice to be able to shoot in a shooting game without every player on the other team immediately putting you in their crosshairs.

So what do you guys think if they revamped the minimap
giphy.gif

Replies

• rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I actually sort of like that players show up on the mini map for sprinting. If classes are implemented (or if they aren't) it provides a great incentive to use a class (or card) that does not show up on the mini map for sneaking around. The first game screwed up the unbroken scout card by switching around what it originally did.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • The mini-map at the moment is good!
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    I actually sort of like that players show up on the mini map for sprinting. If classes are implemented (or if they aren't) it provides a great incentive to use a class (or card) that does not show up on the mini map for sneaking around. The first game screwed up the unbroken scout card by switching around what it originally did.

That really limits the loadout possible for a lot of players
    Willbxrnes wrote: »
    The mini-map at the moment is good!

No it's really not. You shouldn't know where enemies are at all times, you should be allowed to have more freedom to flank. Rely on SITUATIONAL AWARENESS
    giphy.gif
  • Not the heroes as constant dots.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I think that only shooting should have you appear on the minimap, not sprinting or jumping
  • Not the heroes as constant dots.

• I think that only shooting should have you appear on the minimap, not sprinting or jumping

This makes sense to me. It's true that Battlefield doesn't do it this way, but I kinda took this as just being a side effect of Star Wars tech being that good at detection.
    Not the heroes as constant dots.

I agree with this also. Heroes shouldn't be constantly visible on radar.
  • Isn't that kind of the purpose of the radar? You...er show up on the radar no matter what, unless you are sneaking...
  • Making sprinting show up makes flanking too difficult.
  • rollind24
    5951 posts Member
    Making sprinting show up makes flanking too difficult.

I think there might be a Card or Class to help with that hopefully.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • i think if you shoot you show up. other than that moving should never be a handy cap. imagine your in the hoth tunnels and you run around the corner and 10 snowtroopers. have their back to you. you take a shot kill one then they all turn to you and blast. the fact that you should of held on to that grenade will teach everyone how to play smarter. just my two pennys.

Scout trait was great before they switched around the lv 1 and lv 2 effects. It was possible to slip in and take an objective while the enemy was focused on your teammates. I wouldn't mind if they just made sprinting not appear on the radar for anybody, but if they bring back original scout trait I could live with it.

Imbalance. No one should show up just by sprinting.
  • The whole sprinting or sneaking thing is annoying and rarely do I ever see it used properly. The radar definitely needs to be fixed, so I'm not out hunting starships with my DH-17 though.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Not the heroes as constant dots.

This. It should be like it is in HvV in every mode.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.