criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Gripes with the new information given

1. Only 40 player match sizes
-Weather you like the idea or not, Dice should've put forth the effort to have 64 player lobbies, and dont say "oh with the smaller map size, blah blah blah" because This is a Galactic War. The bigger game modes should have big maps that have more players. Period.
2. Limited space battle complexity
-Based off the fact that they didnt advertise the fact that you could BOARD an enemy capital ship, and that they're still advertising the ability to fly as the millenium falcon and Luke's X-wing lends to the idea that they didn't do much to get to the level of the old battlefront 2 (boardning ships and frigate play) ESPECIALLY since its only a 24 player lobby to begin with!
3. Like the campaign idea, but... it won't cover the prequels or really anything in OT
-This one's nit-picky, Im actually really excited to see this unexplored timeline of the Star Wars Universe, but still... Clone Wars cinematic campaign would be cool
4. Hesitant about the "Splitscreen offline" explanation
-Not garaunteed full on instant action
5. Preorder bonus
-Is either skins for Rey and Kylo, or the heroes themselves, either way its weak

Okay, I want to say that I love a lot or all of the changes seen in this new trailer/website.... but its worth talking about its already apparent flaws
giphy.gif

Replies

• 1. I agree, very disappointing.
    2. 24 players is a massive let down. We do see ships in a capital ship hanger in the trailer.
    3. Can't complain about the campaign.
    4. I agree. Despite not being interested in offline instant action, I understand others wanting it.
    5. I'd like to know how 'exclusive the preorder and deluxe bonuses are. If its like bfI where you get stiff early or don't need to grind to unlock it I don't care.
  • 1. I agree, very disappointing.
    2. 24 players is a massive let down. We do see ships in a capital ship hanger in the trailer.
    4. I agree. Despite not being interested in offline instant action, I understand others wanting it.
    5. I'd like to know how 'exclusive the preorder and deluxe bonuses are. If its like bfI where you get stiff early or don't need to grind to unlock it I don't care.

Yeah and it says "fly through the hangers" in the trailer, but not land, making me think vehicles spawn in again and you get get off them.
    Also add, no cooperative vehicles to the list
    giphy.gif
  • Massman98 wrote: »
    1. I agree, very disappointing.

Yeah and it says "fly through the hangers" in the trailer, but not land, making me think vehicles spawn in again and you get get off them.

I'm optimistic

I'm optimistic

I was, for a few minutes there, I got caught up in all the romanticism of the livestream, but after looking at their website and rewatching the trailer. Idk, the player count for big game modes and space battles is really disappointing to me. Also really nervous about a potential lack in splitscreen content still
    giphy.gif
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Only thing I'm bummed about is the size of the matches. Wish they were bigger
    Massman98 wrote: »

I'm optimistic

I was, for a few minutes there, I got caught up in all the romanticism of the livestream, but after looking at their website and rewatching the trailer. Idk, the player count for big game modes and space battles is really disappointing to me. Also really nervous about a potential lack in splitscreen content still

I'm not optimistic about player count. That has really let me down.
    3. Like the campaign idea, but... it won't cover the prequels or really anything in OT
    -This one's nit-picky, Im actually really excited to see this unexplored timeline of the Star Wars Universe, but still... Clone Wars

To be fair, we explored a heck of a lot of Clone Wars stories in the TV series and we know a lot about the OT. The gap between Ep VI and Ep VII is now one of the least unexplored time periods of the new Disney version of the Expanded Universe, so it makes sense to fill in some of those gaps. Plus, it's really cool to see it from the other side. People forget that these seemingly faceless, jack-booted thugs of Empirical rulers are, at the end of day, still human beings with their own set of beliefs, feeling and ideologies, as well as family and friends. So it's interesting to see their side from time to time, even if what they stand for may not be the right thing.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Landeaux wrote: »

Yeah! because of that choice, every match is going to seem underwhelming, no matter what size they make the maps, no matter what vehicles are added, or heroes put in (which btw: heroes from all eras doesn't mean all heroes from all eras), or even progression system put in.

A Smaller lobby will Always feel slow and underwhelming to a bigger player lobby, ESPECIALLY when this is star wars, you guys remember Utapau's raid right? 20 clones didn't just come down and kick *****, No, it was an entire army, because you know, this is a Galactic War
    giphy.gif
  • I'm not the kind of person who will play a game online. I play purely offline as it's what lets me chill, I can dominate the Battlefield and control the battles any way I want; something that isn't possible when you're playing online.

I'd be very dissapointed if they yet again didn't let you board cruisers and use their turbolasers/destroy them from the inside, let alone not include Instant Action (<-- btw, I don't want "Skirmish", I want Instant Action. It was a miles better experience).

Glad they brought back class combat though, so its nice to see they have listened to at least some of the major complaints of the original reboot (Clone wars too).

Oh and also, lets not forget this is all stuff Free Radical had achieved in 2008, before their game was cancelled. Hell, they even had Space TO GROUND combat working. You could take-off from a cruiser in space and land on the planet below whilst a battle was taking place; incredible feat of game engineering that sadly the public never really got to play :(.
  • Probably one of my biggest issues would be the low player count. Space should be large maps with 64 players along with random Ai here and there, while soldier battles should be even larger but 64 works as long as there are Ai to make the large battles feel immersive. We know they can have 64 players since the Battlefield games already have it, so it really doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have it for Battlefront.

Campaign is great but i'm not that interested in Single Player. I would rather see a large scale Galactic Conquest Multiplayer session where tons of people can join an ongoing Galactic Conquest server to fight for there side in the war. One server might have a CIS vs Republic Galactic Conquest where another server might have an Empire vs Rebel Galactic Conquest. Join the server you want and aid your faction. Would be Epic.
  • You know I'm actually really up to the idea of having AI in the game to make the battles seem larger, they already have it for air combat. Since it is a 40 player lobby, add in 40 AI (20 and 20 on each side)
    Now this comes with a high standard, they should act lifelike (be moderate to good shooters and have a tendency to play the objective). I feel like if they keep the main player count to 40, adding in 40 AI would completely make up for it
    giphy.gif
  • 5 for sure. Should have been some awesome themes instead of hero skins. I'm looking at you Vader PS4 theme...
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Landeaux wrote: »

Yeah! because of that choice, every match is going to seem underwhelming, no matter what size they make the maps, no matter what vehicles are added, or heroes put in (which btw: heroes from all eras doesn't mean all heroes from all eras), or even progression system put in.

A Smaller lobby will Always feel slow and underwhelming to a bigger player lobby, ESPECIALLY when this is star wars, you guys remember Utapau's raid right? 20 clones didn't just come down and kick ****, No, it was an entire army, because you know, this is a Galactic War

Yeah I'm actually really disappointed about the small player count. War games with large maps are supposed to have a lot of players in the game to create chaos and constant action. That's what makes Battlefield so good; 64 players and constant action. Im kinda surprised that they didn't increase the player count. I'm hopeful that they'll do something with gameplay or the maps to make the smaller player count seem large enough.

I also don't expect every hero and villain from all eras. We already know about Maul and Yoda, Luke and Vader, and Rey and Kylo. I'm expecting to see Obi Wan, Jango Fett (his ship was in one of the pictures), Han, Leia, the Emperor, Boba Fett, and possibly someone like Poe and Hux
  • 1. I don't mind the 40-player matches, personally. Star Wars: Battlefront(2015) felt surprisingly lively and packed, to me. (Also, btw, they still haven't technically confirmed no AI on top of that... after all, they are taking a few pages from Titanfall's book.) (Also, btw, who says they didn't TRY to put in 64 players, and determined they couldn't do it with everything else they have in mind?)

2. They didn't really go in-depth about it, we won't get specific gamemode information until E3. Until then, all we know is there are space battles.

3. Admittedly I would've liked at least a short glimpse into a cinematic Clone Wars chapter.

4. They've yet to go into gamemode specifics. If anything, since it was in Battlefront(2015), I don't see why they wouldn't put it in Battlefront II at launch.

5. If it's just skins, I don't mind. It makes sense to make some exclusive content based on unreleased media, since that still leaves the launch-game media(Prequel, Original, Sequel) complete - for the most part. A few Hero skins and a ship or two is nothing compared to what it could've easily been(way worse).
    PRIORITY LISTS
    HEROES:
    Commander Cody - the Empire has Iden, the First Order has Phasma. Give us a soldier-based hero for the Republic!
    GA MAPS
    Utapau
    Mygeeto
  • 1. I don't mind the 40-player matches, personally. Star Wars: Battlefront(2015) felt surprisingly lively and packed, to me. (Also, btw, they still haven't technically confirmed no AI on top of that... after all, they are taking a few pages from Titanfall's book.) (Also, btw, who says they didn't TRY to put in 64 players, and determined they couldn't do it with everything else they have in mind?)

2. They didn't really go in-depth about it, we won't get specific gamemode information until E3. Until then, all we know is there are space battles.

3. Admittedly I would've liked at least a short glimpse into a cinematic Clone Wars chapter.

4. They've yet to go into gamemode specifics. If anything, since it was in Battlefront(2015), I don't see why they wouldn't put it in Battlefront II at launch.

5. If it's just skins, I don't mind. It makes sense to make some exclusive content based on unreleased media, since that still leaves the launch-game media(Prequel, Original, Sequel) complete - for the most part. A few Hero skins and a ship or two is nothing compared to what it could've easily been(way worse).

I think the reason bfI felt packed was because the map boundaries we very restrictive and the objectives were small. I find the space and ground player counts incredibly disappointing.

A Smaller lobby will Always feel slow and underwhelming to a bigger player lobby, ESPECIALLY when this is star wars, you guys remember Utapau's raid right? 20 clones didn't just come down and kick ****, No, it was an entire army, because you know, this is a Galactic War

Yeah I'm actually really disappointed about the small player count. War games with large maps are supposed to have a lot of players in the game to create chaos and constant action. That's what makes Battlefield so good; 64 players and constant action. Im kinda surprised that they didn't increase the player count. I'm hopeful that they'll do something with gameplay or the maps to make the smaller player count seem large enough.

I also don't expect every hero and villain from all eras. We already know about Maul and Yoda, Luke and Vader, and Rey and Kylo. I'm expecting to see Obi Wan, Jango Fett (his ship was in one of the pictures), Han, Leia, the Emperor, Boba Fett, and possibly someone like Poe and Hux

Yeah, I mean Im not expecting everyone, but I bet that it will be missing key players.

But hey, what if they add 20 AI players per side in the big game modes, I bet they could easily, plus we need more players and man vehicles (even have AI ATSTs, There needs to be more people!
    giphy.gif

1. Really don't want to have the same map size, still feels underwhelming, however, I would be fine if they added 40 AI players, 20 per side, to big multiplayer games. More players are needed
    2. But the fact that they didn't build up there game hype by advertising it, means its not there
    3. Yeah, maybe there will be missions that have clone wars era material
    4. Need confirmation
    5. Yeah, its better than actually excluding heroes
    giphy.gif
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Yeah, I mean Im not expecting everyone, but I bet that it will be missing key players.

But hey, what if they add 20 AI players per side in the big game modes, I bet they could easily, plus we need more players and man vehicles (even have AI ATSTs, There needs to be more people!

I'm not a fan of playing against AI. It isn't fun. That's like what Titanfall 1 tried to do on one of their gamemodes. I stopped playing that gamemode immediately
  • 1. I agree with you 100% on this one. No excuse, as far as I can tell. Incredibly disappointing in my opinion.
    2. Yeah, I don't get this either. I would have loved to have at least two 32v32 game modes, one focused on ground and sky and the other focused on space battles. Oh well.
    3. I really hope that the first mission is some sort of flashback to a young Iden, when Vardos is invaded by the Separatists but saved by the Republic. It would give her good motivation to remain loyal to the Empire, which, in many people's eyes, is the true successor to the Old Republic, not the New Republic, which, in the Aftermath book series, some Imperials call the "False Republic."
    4. Yeah, hope we get instant action. Can't say I have gripes about this, though, since nothing is really confirmed at the moment...
    5. Oh well. Maybe it will encourage less pre-orders? There were some "boos" at the Celebration reveal panel when preorder bonuses were brought up. At least there might not be a season pass, y'know.

I'm not a fan of playing against AI. It isn't fun. That's like what Titanfall 1 tried to do on one of their gamemodes. I stopped playing that gamemode immediately

Yeah, it isnt the best, but even if there was 64 player lobbies, I wish there would still be AI to feel like a bigger war
    giphy.gif
  • I'm also worried on how powerful heroes are. They said a good squad can take out Maul, and that makes me feel Maul is very weak. If 4-5 people can take him down, then how good is Vader? Did they basically nerf him to Oblivion? Also, they said NOTHING about the Lightsaber combat, which infuriates me.

Also, maybe they are just trying to save some stuff for the actual game, and are leaving alot out. Either way, I'm now nervous this game may be a repeat of Battlefront 2015.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Really hope there is no ai, especially on ground.
  • I'm also worried on how powerful heroes are. They said a good squad can take out Maul, and that makes me feel Maul is very weak. If 4-5 people can take him down, then how good is Vader? Did they basically nerf him to Oblivion? Also, they said NOTHING about the Lightsaber combat, which infuriates me.

Also, maybe they are just trying to save some stuff for the actual game, and are leaving alot out. Either way, I'm now nervous this game may be a repeat of Battlefront 2015.

Yeah, I hope they're just trying to withhold bigger surprises, but I'm nervous about no confimation
    Really hope there is no ai, especially on ground.

Im just trying to list off ways that would help an underwhelming 40 player lobby
    giphy.gif