criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

DICE, don't forget that the prequels were disliked by many people.

Prev1345
ATE_ARMS
317 posts Member
edited April 2017
I feel like this needed to be said as there are a lot of over exuberant fans who would happily see this become a prequel only game. I know people grew up with those films, nostalgia and all that, but they ranged from very poor to decent and aren't the centre of the star wars universe some people would have you believe.

Tbh I was certain there would be no cw/pt era in the game. I'm glad there is, it was definitely the right move for numerous reasons and I really hope we get general grievous.

I keep seeing cw era fans pushing though, for heroes such as that shocka Tandy girl, kid fister and commander cod. Nobody really knows who these people are, and unless you have unlimited resources, I reckon your time is better spent elsewhere

In fact, regardless of resources, nobody should want to see shocka Tandy fighting, vader, or whatever, so let's dead that now and possibly resurrect it in ten years time or something. Same with anakin, who's performance in the films was awful and who's inclusion in this game would actually detract from it.


Anyway, the game looks like its shaping up very nicely, so happy easter all :)

Replies

  • You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    I feel like this needed to be said as there are a lot of over exuberant fans who would happily see this become a prequel only game. I know people grew up with those films, nostalgia and all that, but they ranged from very poor to decent and aren't the centre of the star wars universe some people would have you believe.

    Tbh I was certain there would be no cw/pt era in the game. I'm glad there is, it was definitely the right move for numerous reasons and I really hope we get general grievous.

    I keep seeing cw era fans pushing though, for heroes such as that shocka Tandy girl, kid fister and commander cod. Nobody really knows who these people are, and unless you have unlimited resources, I reckon your time is better spent elsewhere

    In fact, regardless of resources, nobody should want to see shocka Tandy fighting, vader, or whatever, so let's dead that now and possibly resurrect it in ten years time or something. Same with anakin, who's performance in the films was awful and who's inclusion in this game would actually detract from it.


    Anyway, the game looks like its shaping up very nicely, so happy easter all :)

    And a lot of people do love the prequels. And especially with TV series such as the Clone Wars and Rebels, it creates new opportunities for exciting new characters. I don't think anyone is saying to cut down on the Original Trilogy content, but since we have already had a game focused on that, I don't know if there is as much there to talk about. Besides, the Clone Wars era was much more focused on the all out war aspect that the game seems to be designed around, whereas the Original Trilogy was more about a small group of characters fighting a guerrilla war, and so we are excited about all the new possibilities that this opens up and we want to see taken advantage of. Also, as for "nobody really knows who these people are"? Well, they included Rogue One characters as DLC in the last game, and they have had less screen time than many of these characters who were a large focus of AN ENTIRE TV SERIES, and who certainly had much less personality and were much less well-developed characters (if you can even call half of them characters). Anyway, I didn't mean to get ranty, but if you attack other people for their opinions and harmlessly presenting what they would like to see in the game, as well as insult these movies and TV shows that MANY of us love, then you can BET that I am going to Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 3 Episode 19 you.
  • I for one loved the prequels. I love each era because of the uniqueness and difference between the three eras. In my opinion, using all of the eras is important for a game like this because of the depth it could provide.
  • al72094 wrote: »
    I for one loved the prequels. I love each era because of the uniqueness and difference between the three eras. In my opinion, using all of the eras is important for a game like this because of the depth it could provide.

    Agreed. I feel that DICE would actually be disadvantaging themselves by not fully taking advantage of all the depth that using the multiple (all exciting, and I too loved the Prequels-I love all the Star Wars films) eras provides them with
  • It's a weird one, but I've come to accept it. When everyone hated the prequels we never gave a thought to the millions of kids enjoying the dvds. It's like living in some kind of bizarro alternate history now because they're all adults and anyone over 30 feels like we're on some crazy alternate plane of reality while a multitude of voices all enthusiastically talk about battle droids.

    It's like waking up from a coma and finding that musicians and scholars the world over hail Justin Beiber as the greatest poet of our time. That's how weird it feels.

    I get it though, there are movies and shows I loved that my fiancée (27) is like 'eeeeh, not feeling it' and I'm like BUT WHY THO. It's generational and it depends what captures your imagination as a kid. Basically OP you're not going to win, I fought it too. I remember when the whole world agreed that they were awful. They were obviously awful and we could all see it, but there were children sitting in front of screens loving it. You're telling a whole generation their childhood's wrong and there's nothing to gain from it.

  • For me personally, when I think Star Wars I think Jedi and Clones, and when are the Jedi most prevalent, the Prequels
  • Millions of starwars fans love the prequels
  • TMachine97
    1022 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

  • ATE_ARMS
    317 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.
  • 2000sGuy
    5858 posts Member
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    I feel like this needed to be said as there are a lot of over exuberant fans who would happily see this become a prequel only game. I know people grew up with those films, nostalgia and all that, but they ranged from very poor to decent and aren't the centre of the star wars universe some people would have you believe.

    Tbh I was certain there would be no cw/pt era in the game. I'm glad there is, it was definitely the right move for numerous reasons and I really hope we get general grievous.

    I keep seeing cw era fans pushing though, for heroes such as that shocka Tandy girl, kid fister and commander cod. Nobody really knows who these people are, and unless you have unlimited resources, I reckon your time is better spent elsewhere

    In fact, regardless of resources, nobody should want to see shocka Tandy fighting, vader, or whatever, so let's dead that now and possibly resurrect it in ten years time or something. Same with anakin, who's performance in the films was awful and who's inclusion in this game would actually detract from it.


    Anyway, the game looks like its shaping up very nicely, so happy easter all :)

    giphy.gif
    You will not be forced to play in the prequels, so stop complaining. By calling Ashoka "shocka tandy" makes your post look worst.
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Look, I'm one of the all time heavy-weight champs at PT hating. I think the films are some of the biggest letdowns in all of cinema, mostly because of the legendarily high bar that was set before them. Most of the drama is laughable, the fight scenes are tokyo nightlife disco battles. The heroes and villains are near caricatures of their former selves, but...

    As others have said, "The films are not the game". As Sam said (much more eloquently) "You can't crap on someone's childhood". As I'm saying, "There's a lot of fun content to be had".

    Let's see how much fun it is to play before we start dissing how fun it is to play. Yeah?
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • bfloo
    16097 posts Member
    We hope that we can choose what era we play in.

    I don't want to be put into mixed era playlists.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • It's a weird one, but I've come to accept it. When everyone hated the prequels we never gave a thought to the millions of kids enjoying the dvds. It's like living in some kind of bizarro alternate history now because they're all adults and anyone over 30 feels like we're on some crazy alternate plane of reality while a multitude of voices all enthusiastically talk about battle droids.

    It's like waking up from a coma and finding that musicians and scholars the world over hail Justin Beiber as the greatest poet of our time. That's how weird it feels.

    I get it though, there are movies and shows I loved that my fiancée (27) is like 'eeeeh, not feeling it' and I'm like BUT WHY THO. It's generational and it depends what captures your imagination as a kid. Basically OP you're not going to win, I fought it too. I remember when the whole world agreed that they were awful. They were obviously awful and we could all see it, but there were children sitting in front of screens loving it. You're telling a whole generation their childhood's wrong and there's nothing to gain from it.

    Haha! It is weird, but I was actually one of the people who anticipated this happening. Its like the lunatics have taken over at times though. I suppose its jarring to see people obsess over what are questionable quality films at best, but I did expect it, maybe not to this degree.


    I'm not fighting against the prequels though, they have their place and their good points...for what its worth I think they got a new lease of life due to TFA being such a retread (which seems quite a common opinion)

    I just don't want this game going overboard with PT due to the shouting of the 'lunatics' :D though, as much as i accept their position in the universe they were often poor and beyond cheesy and a lot of it is best left in the past..or at least until we get the massive era spanning game that we all want, and can pick and choose what we play.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    It's a weird one, but I've come to accept it. When everyone hated the prequels we never gave a thought to the millions of kids enjoying the dvds. It's like living in some kind of bizarro alternate history now because they're all adults and anyone over 30 feels like we're on some crazy alternate plane of reality while a multitude of voices all enthusiastically talk about battle droids.

    It's like waking up from a coma and finding that musicians and scholars the world over hail Justin Beiber as the greatest poet of our time. That's how weird it feels.

    I get it though, there are movies and shows I loved that my fiancée (27) is like 'eeeeh, not feeling it' and I'm like BUT WHY THO. It's generational and it depends what captures your imagination as a kid. Basically OP you're not going to win, I fought it too. I remember when the whole world agreed that they were awful. They were obviously awful and we could all see it, but there were children sitting in front of screens loving it. You're telling a whole generation their childhood's wrong and there's nothing to gain from it.

    Haha! It is weird, but I was actually one of the people who anticipated this happening. Its like the lunatics have taken over at times though. I suppose its jarring to see people obsess over what are questionable quality films at best, but I did expect it, maybe not to this degree.


    I'm not fighting against the prequels though, they have their place and their good points...for what its worth I think they got a new lease of life due to TFA being such a retread (which seems quite a common opinion)

    I just don't want this game going overboard with PT due to the shouting of the 'lunatics' :D though, as much as i accept their position in the universe they were often poor and beyond cheesy and a lot of it is best left in the past..or at least until we get the massive era spanning game that we all want, and can pick and choose what we play.

    It all boggles the mind. Those movies are so bad overall. The counterpoint is that, maybe, just maybe, games like this could redeem some of their lore BECAUSE of what was good about, or could have been good about those films. We could get really excellent battles that the films dropped the ball on. We could get great characterizations and expanded looks at characters that got shafted the first time around (Maul). We might even find ourselves enjoying some of the PT content in this game more than some that we know and love.

    If they do it right.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Its not even just the acting mate, I find a lot of the era to be on the wrong side of cartoonish. The clone designs are awful, for example, and the droids are more cute than anything

    Then you have people like anakin and padme who just bring bad memories.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Its not even just the acting mate, I find a lot of the era to be on the wrong side of cartoonish. The clone designs are awful, for example, and the droids are more cute than anything

    Then you have people like anakin and padme who just bring bad memories.

    I for one was too young to realize how bad the acting was. That being said and being a fully grown adult, I still love them because they were my childhood. Cant wait to have that era in the game. I totally understand what you are saying thought!
  • I think the Clone armour looks amazing and also way more intimidating than Stormtrooper armour
  • Best way to look at it is how much the prequel era added to Pandemic's Battlefront games.
    I always thought that playing as Clones and Droids added so much because of the additional things they brought to the gameplay such as weapons and vehicles.
    I'm sure they will add similar things back to Dice's second bite of the cherry.
  • I know episode 1 & 2 were pretty bad but i still like them BUT episode 3 was epic no lie dialogue pf course was still rocky BUT the dialogue was better it improved. Were the prequels poorly executed? YES! Are there fans that hate them? YES! Hell yes! But are there fans that love them? YES! Yessir! Do ppl like the clone wars? Duh.
    Ppl like fhe clome wars alot its no way around it lol but i still respect those who prefer the OT they have legitimate reason. but at the same time at least you have the option not to play Prequel content in the game if you feel so strongly about it and thats the beauty about the game, you can play however you want
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    It's a weird one, but I've come to accept it. When everyone hated the prequels we never gave a thought to the millions of kids enjoying the dvds. It's like living in some kind of bizarro alternate history now because they're all adults and anyone over 30 feels like we're on some crazy alternate plane of reality while a multitude of voices all enthusiastically talk about battle droids.

    It's like waking up from a coma and finding that musicians and scholars the world over hail Justin Beiber as the greatest poet of our time. That's how weird it feels.

    I get it though, there are movies and shows I loved that my fiancée (27) is like 'eeeeh, not feeling it' and I'm like BUT WHY THO. It's generational and it depends what captures your imagination as a kid. Basically OP you're not going to win, I fought it too. I remember when the whole world agreed that they were awful. They were obviously awful and we could all see it, but there were children sitting in front of screens loving it. You're telling a whole generation their childhood's wrong and there's nothing to gain from it.

    Haha! It is weird, but I was actually one of the people who anticipated this happening. Its like the lunatics have taken over at times though. I suppose its jarring to see people obsess over what are questionable quality films at best, but I did expect it, maybe not to this degree.


    I'm not fighting against the prequels though, they have their place and their good points...for what its worth I think they got a new lease of life due to TFA being such a retread (which seems quite a common opinion)

    I just don't want this game going overboard with PT due to the shouting of the 'lunatics' :D though, as much as i accept their position in the universe they were often poor and beyond cheesy and a lot of it is best left in the past..or at least until we get the massive era spanning game that we all want, and can pick and choose what we play.

    It all boggles the mind. Those movies are so bad overall. The counterpoint is that, maybe, just maybe, games like this could redeem some of their lore BECAUSE of what was good about, or could have been good about those films. We could get really excellent battles that the films dropped the ball on. We could get great characterizations and expanded looks at characters that got shafted the first time around (Maul). We might even find ourselves enjoying some of the PT content in this game more than some that we know and love.

    If they do it right.

    Yeah, I mean, I know I don't love maul anywhere near as much as some people. As you say, he got shafted...but he's got everything that could make him a favourite character of mine in this game.

    Dooku and grievous too.

    I'm fact can we just have them three? and they can keep the rest lol
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Its not even just the acting mate, I find a lot of the era to be on the wrong side of cartoonish. The clone designs are awful, for example, and the droids are more cute than anything

    Then you have people like anakin and padme who just bring bad memories.

    My brother, it's a horrorshow of terrible filmmaking. Believe me when I tell you I abhor it's very existence. "Cringe-tastic Failure" doesn't even begin to cover it. I straight HATE those movies for very nearly sucking all the greatness out of Star Wars through the sheer scale of their spectacular awfulness.

    BUT

    This game won't have a PT narrative to screw up. It won't have a love story to shoehorn into place where it shouldn't exist at all. It won't have to force push characters into their respective shoeprints to be in place when the next trilogy begins. It simply has to let me destroy as many of those limp wristed laser toting roger roger robots as I possibly can, and give me points for doing it. And if they screw it up... well... we were right all along.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.

    I'm not saying you have to like Anakin or Hayden, but I think Hayden Christensen certainly can act. I suggest watching him in "Shattered Glass", I really felt myself feeling for him in that one (even if he wasn't a hero, the character he played was certainly a complex one and Hayden pulled it off expertly)
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.

    I'm not saying you have to like Anakin or Hayden, but I think Hayden Christensen certainly can act. I suggest watching him in "Shattered Glass", I really felt myself feeling for him in that one (even if he wasn't a hero, the character he played was certainly a complex one and Hayden pulled it off expertly)

    Hayden is a good actor, not the greatest, but he can act really well. The Prequels just had bad scripts, not actors or content
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.

    I'm not saying you have to like Anakin or Hayden, but I think Hayden Christensen certainly can act. I suggest watching him in "Shattered Glass", I really felt myself feeling for him in that one (even if he wasn't a hero, the character he played was certainly a complex one and Hayden pulled it off expertly)

    Let's not go crazy here. Have you seen Jumper? It's abysmal as well, and a lot of it is his acting.

    Shattered Glass was written really well, and he's cast to type. Shy, awkward, smart but a little too egotistical with introvertive tendencies. That's not acting. that's just being Hayden.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Well the prequels had cool villains, hope they add Count Dooku and Grievous, there is also a lot of Jedi to choose from, Destroyer droids and magna guards are very cool imo
  • Well the prequels had cool villains, hope they add Count Dooku and Grievous, there is also a lot of Jedi to choose from, Destroyer droids and magna guards are very cool imo

    I feel like that's the general adjective I see used most often by Prequel fans. That it was "cool". I guess we used a different adjective when the OT was around and I was a kid, but I can't recall one at the moment.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • al72094 wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Its not even just the acting mate, I find a lot of the era to be on the wrong side of cartoonish. The clone designs are awful, for example, and the droids are more cute than anything

    Then you have people like anakin and padme who just bring bad memories.

    I for one was too young to realize how bad the acting was. That being said and being a fully grown adult, I still love them because they were my childhood. Cant wait to have that era in the game. I totally understand what you are saying thought!

    Yeah man I would never crap on peoples childhood, still a big kid at heart as we all no doubt are, don't even really wanna mess with you boys, youve got numbers :#;):p

    Just some perspective due to the clamour for a heavy influence of PT in this game, and a slight overreaction on my part, but still...
  • I think the Clone armour looks amazing and also way more intimidating than Stormtrooper armour

    Fight me.
  • Well the prequels had cool villains, hope they add Count Dooku and Grievous, there is also a lot of Jedi to choose from, Destroyer droids and magna guards are very cool imo

    I feel like that's the general adjective I see used most often by Prequel fans. That it was "cool". I guess we used a different adjective when the OT was around and I was a kid, but I can't recall one at the moment.

    I remember the moment I realised, on this forum, that we had become the minority. The old overwhelming majority consensus, the people who hate the prequels, which was basically everybody, are now a minority of active posters. It was like putting on the sunglasses in They Live.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Its not even just the acting mate, I find a lot of the era to be on the wrong side of cartoonish. The clone designs are awful, for example, and the droids are more cute than anything

    Then you have people like anakin and padme who just bring bad memories.

    My brother, it's a horrorshow of terrible filmmaking. Believe me when I tell you I abhor it's very existence. "Cringe-tastic Failure" doesn't even begin to cover it. I straight HATE those movies for very nearly sucking all the greatness out of Star Wars through the sheer scale of their spectacular awfulness.

    BUT

    This game won't have a PT narrative to screw up. It won't have a love story to shoehorn into place where it shouldn't exist at all. It won't have to force push characters into their respective shoeprints to be in place when the next trilogy begins. It simply has to let me destroy as many of those limp wristed laser toting roger roger robots as I possibly can, and give me points for doing it. And if they screw it up... well... we were right all along.

    Hahaha! Fricken roger rogers man, I have no love for them things at all. Great post.


    I suppose what im asking for here is the obvious, that we take the best of the universe and put it in this game, and the best generally lies outside those films.
  • This topic reminds me of why I dislike OT purists. The deluded sense of entitlement.
  • This topic reminds me of why I dislike OT purists. The deluded sense of entitlement.

    Show me an unfair, entitled comment that I've made that wasn't backed up with reason.
  • bfloo
    16097 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    BattleFront is a war game. I can understand not liking the movies, but how could you not want to fight the Clone Wars, which are mentioned in ANH.
    It would be minimal for me, but some people love clones. Let them have their fun.

    Stop saying no to content. We want more, not less.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Its not even just the acting mate, I find a lot of the era to be on the wrong side of cartoonish. The clone designs are awful, for example, and the droids are more cute than anything

    Then you have people like anakin and padme who just bring bad memories.

    My brother, it's a horrorshow of terrible filmmaking. Believe me when I tell you I abhor it's very existence. "Cringe-tastic Failure" doesn't even begin to cover it. I straight HATE those movies for very nearly sucking all the greatness out of Star Wars through the sheer scale of their spectacular awfulness.

    BUT

    This game won't have a PT narrative to screw up. It won't have a love story to shoehorn into place where it shouldn't exist at all. It won't have to force push characters into their respective shoeprints to be in place when the next trilogy begins. It simply has to let me destroy as many of those limp wristed laser toting roger roger robots as I possibly can, and give me points for doing it. And if they screw it up... well... we were right all along.

    Hahaha! Fricken roger rogers man, I have no love for them things at all. Great post.


    I suppose what im asking for here is the obvious, that we take the best of the universe and put it in this game, and the best generally lies outside those films.

    Just accept it at this point. Deep breath, suck it up, think 'maybe it'll be fun.' A lot of fans want it, they got it, and they're hype about it, the time to argue against it was during the early calls for CW content, and I did that often along with a few others. Then the voices in support of it got louder and DICE went with the majority, and they were right to.

    Look at it this way, you get to actually go into the movies Lucas ruined for you and wreck all the parts you hated.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    BattleFront is a war game. I can understand not liking the movies, but how could you not want to fight the Clone Wars, which are mentioned in ANH.
    It would be minimal for me, but some people love clones. Let them have their fun.

    Stop saying no to content. We want more, not less.


    Fair comment man, I just don't want the game being heavily PT focused as the whole era was poor, its nothing personal to anyone, and all IMO, of course.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    This topic reminds me of why I dislike OT purists. The deluded sense of entitlement.

    Show me an unfair, entitled comment that I've made that wasn't backed up with reason.

    Probably the part where think the pt shouldn't be in due to the mere fact that it triggers you. It doesn't matter how many overzealous tirades you go on, if people want it in the company will answer them. So you're not left with much "reason" but senseless whining.
  • Well the prequels had cool villains, hope they add Count Dooku and Grievous, there is also a lot of Jedi to choose from, Destroyer droids and magna guards are very cool imo

    I feel like that's the general adjective I see used most often by Prequel fans. That it was "cool". I guess we used a different adjective when the OT was around and I was a kid, but I can't recall one at the moment.

    I remember the moment I realised, on this forum, that we had become the minority. The old overwhelming majority consensus, the people who hate the prequels, which was basically everybody, are now a minority of active posters. It was like putting on the sunglasses in They Live.

    Man, your movie based references are solid gold saturday night.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • How many times do people have to be told: it's not about the films, IT'S ABOUT THE CONTENT!! Yes, the acting was awful. Yes, there was too much CGI. Yes, Jar Jar Binks is the most abhorrent thing in Star Wars just narrowly beating out the Star Wars Christmas special for the top spot. But, the Clone Wars, which is a major focal point of the these films, is golden as far as content for a shooter game such as this. Planets, soldier variations, weapons, vehicles, heroes, villains, it has it all. Just because these films aren't popular to a lot people doesn't mean that the content and the time period aren't, especially when the CW TV series is immensely popular across a broad range of Star Wars fans and really helped endear people to that time period.
    To me, the biggest problem on these forums is not people "over-inflating" the popularity of the PT as you seem to think they, but rather its people who think that just because it's somewhat unpopular that it should be ignored. If that were line of thinking were true, then shouldn't include the St either since a lot of people are still not entirely sold on it either.
    Also, regardless of whether they'll be included, I think it's really rich of you to say that characters like Ahsoka Tano and Commander Cody are "unknown" to a lot of people. Granted, the average fan/player who doesn't delve to deeply into Star Wars lore won't know them, but I'd say between 70-90% of the people who will play this game will be the hardcore fanbase who follow nearly every aspect of Star Wars and not only know perfectly well who these characters are, but can't wait to play as them.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Its not even just the acting mate, I find a lot of the era to be on the wrong side of cartoonish. The clone designs are awful, for example, and the droids are more cute than anything

    Then you have people like anakin and padme who just bring bad memories.

    My brother, it's a horrorshow of terrible filmmaking. Believe me when I tell you I abhor it's very existence. "Cringe-tastic Failure" doesn't even begin to cover it. I straight HATE those movies for very nearly sucking all the greatness out of Star Wars through the sheer scale of their spectacular awfulness.

    BUT

    This game won't have a PT narrative to screw up. It won't have a love story to shoehorn into place where it shouldn't exist at all. It won't have to force push characters into their respective shoeprints to be in place when the next trilogy begins. It simply has to let me destroy as many of those limp wristed laser toting roger roger robots as I possibly can, and give me points for doing it. And if they screw it up... well... we were right all along.

    Hahaha! Fricken roger rogers man, I have no love for them things at all. Great post.


    I suppose what im asking for here is the obvious, that we take the best of the universe and put it in this game, and the best generally lies outside those films.

    Just accept it at this point. Deep breath, suck it up, think 'maybe it'll be fun.' A lot of fans want it, they got it, and they're hype about it, the time to argue against it was during the early calls for CW content, and I did that often along with a few others. Then the voices in support of it got louder and DICE went with the majority, and they were right to.

    Look at it this way, you get to actually go into the movies Lucas ruined for you and wreck all the parts you hated.

    Well said.
  • bfloo
    16097 posts Member
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    BattleFront is a war game. I can understand not liking the movies, but how could you not want to fight the Clone Wars, which are mentioned in ANH.
    It would be minimal for me, but some people love clones. Let them have their fun.

    Stop saying no to content. We want more, not less.


    Fair comment man, I just don't want the game being heavily PT focused as the whole era was poor, its nothing personal to anyone, and all IMO, of course.

    I'm more worried about it being heavily ST focused than PT focused.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Yes, Jar Jar Binks is the most abhorrent thing in Star Wars just narrowly beating out the Star Wars Christmas special for the top spot.

    #LumpyForBF2

    latest?cb=20121004171938
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    This topic reminds me of why I dislike OT purists. The deluded sense of entitlement.

    Show me an unfair, entitled comment that I've made that wasn't backed up with reason.

    Probably the part where think the pt shouldn't be in due to the mere fact that it triggers you. It doesn't matter how many overzealous tirades you go on, if people want it in the company will answer them. So you're not left with much "reason" but senseless whining.

    Ironic as you are the one instantly triggered and whining due to somebody's opinion.

    Did I ever say..other than some offhand, lighthearted comments, that there should be no PT?
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    This topic reminds me of why I dislike OT purists. The deluded sense of entitlement.

    Show me an unfair, entitled comment that I've made that wasn't backed up with reason.

    Probably the part where think the pt shouldn't be in due to the mere fact that it triggers you. It doesn't matter how many overzealous tirades you go on, if people want it in the company will answer them. So you're not left with much "reason" but senseless whining.

    I agree, cos if they had it their way, I'd say not to include the Sequel era because the TFA was utter crap
  • bfloo wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    BattleFront is a war game. I can understand not liking the movies, but how could you not want to fight the Clone Wars, which are mentioned in ANH.
    It would be minimal for me, but some people love clones. Let them have their fun.

    Stop saying no to content. We want more, not less.


    Fair comment man, I just don't want the game being heavily PT focused as the whole era was poor, its nothing personal to anyone, and all IMO, of course.

    I'm more worried about it being heavily ST focused than PT focused.


    Theres still hope for them though.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    This topic reminds me of why I dislike OT purists. The deluded sense of entitlement.

    Show me an unfair, entitled comment that I've made that wasn't backed up with reason.

    Probably the part where think the pt shouldn't be in due to the mere fact that it triggers you. It doesn't matter how many overzealous tirades you go on, if people want it in the company will answer them. So you're not left with much "reason" but senseless whining.

    Ironic as you are the one instantly triggered and whining due to somebody's opinion.

    Did I ever say..other than some offhand, lighthearted comments, that there should be no PT?

    You may need to look up the definition of whining because addressing why your "reasoning" is wrong ain't close to it.

    Perhaps you don't remember but I can clearly read in your first post that certain characters shouldn't be in because they do indeed trigger you.
  • 2000sGuy
    5858 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    BattleFront is a war game. I can understand not liking the movies, but how could you not want to fight the Clone Wars, which are mentioned in ANH.
    It would be minimal for me, but some people love clones. Let them have their fun.

    Stop saying no to content. We want more, not less.


    Fair comment man, I just don't want the game being heavily PT focused as the whole era was poor, its nothing personal to anyone, and all IMO, of course.

    I'm more worried about it being heavily ST focused than PT focused.

    i don't think we have to worry about that. Most likely the only planets we'll get from st are the three from tfa, maybe last jedi as DLC but that's not likely.

    The OT was mostly covered in the last game (albeit poorly)

    And they still have multiple planets to delve into from the pt
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • bfloo
    16097 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    BattleFront is a war game. I can understand not liking the movies, but how could you not want to fight the Clone Wars, which are mentioned in ANH.
    It would be minimal for me, but some people love clones. Let them have their fun.

    Stop saying no to content. We want more, not less.


    Fair comment man, I just don't want the game being heavily PT focused as the whole era was poor, its nothing personal to anyone, and all IMO, of course.

    I'm more worried about it being heavily ST focused than PT focused.

    i don't think we have to worry about that. Most likely the only planets we'll get from st are the three from tfa, maybe last jedi as DLC but that's not likely.

    The OT was mostly covered in the last game (albeit poorly)

    And they still have multiple planets to delve into from the pt

    They aren't trying to sell the OT or PT, they want the focus on the ST era.

    It is understandable, Disney wants the focus on their vision of Star Wars.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    This topic reminds me of why I dislike OT purists. The deluded sense of entitlement.

    Show me an unfair, entitled comment that I've made that wasn't backed up with reason.

    Probably the part where think the pt shouldn't be in due to the mere fact that it triggers you. It doesn't matter how many overzealous tirades you go on, if people want it in the company will answer them. So you're not left with much "reason" but senseless whining.

    Ironic as you are the one instantly triggered and whining due to somebody's opinion.

    Did I ever say..other than some offhand, lighthearted comments, that there should be no PT?

    You may need to look up the definition of whining because addressing why your "reasoning" is wrong ain't close to it.

    Perhaps you don't remember but I can clearly read in your first post that certain characters shouldn't be in because they do indeed trigger you.

    Show me, specifically, where I said there should be no PT.
  • My advice to OP...skip prequal maps
  • bfloo
    16097 posts Member
    If only the devs would have a sense of humor and give Anakin an 'I hate sand!' emote. B)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!