criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

DICE, don't forget that the prequels were disliked by many people.

135

Replies

  • @ThePoolshark please close this thread before it gets more out of hand.

    Seems like it's well in hand to me. I don't see anyone being straight up disrespectful. Just a healthy dose of heated debate. Chillax.
    @ThePoolshark please close this thread before it gets more out of hand.

    Out of hand? I'm actually pretty pleased we're having the most civil discussion about PT v OT I've ever witnessed on this board.

    It's suprisingly very good as of now, I just know it will escalate any moment.
    Member of the 501st
  • I think OP is missing the point here.

    I'll use an example - I personally despise TFA and in my opinion, it's the second worst Star Wars films to date (holiday special the first). Despite hating this movie and era with a passion, I'm still going to play any content from it. Why?

    Because:

    1) It's more in-game content
    2) It is nice to change eras rather than constantly playing just one (BF1's massive downfall IMO)
    3) The heroes (Kylo especially) look very fun to play.

    I'm very glad we're getting sequel content. If we focus on just adding sequel and original content, it will get very dry IMO. Focusing on all three eras equally will make almost everyone happy, "OT purist" or "12-year old prequel fanboy" and would overall add alot more depth.

    Like I said before I've actually come around to this. It's content, and a huge problem with BF1 was that it didn't actually launch with any.
  • Advise the everyone:

    Ignore the OP is unreasonable and is in the minority on this matter. As they say, "Nobody hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans"

    Hmmm "minority" is debatable. There's certainly a large presence of PT enthusiasts nowadays, but a "majority"? I truly doubt that. Look at the meta critic and rottentomato scores for those films vs the OT. Mhmm. There's a reason for that.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • I think OP is missing the point here.

    I'll use an example - I personally despise TFA and in my opinion, it's the second worst Star Wars films to date (holiday special the first). Despite hating this movie and era with a passion, I'm still going to play any content from it. Why?

    Because:

    1) It's more in-game content
    2) It is nice to change eras rather than constantly playing just one (BF1's massive downfall IMO)
    3) The heroes (Kylo especially) look very fun to play.

    I'm very glad we're getting sequel content. If we focus on just adding sequel and original content, it will get very dry IMO. Focusing on all three eras equally will make almost everyone happy, "OT purist" or "12-year old prequel fanboy" and would overall add alot more depth.

    Like I said before I've actually come around to this. It's content, and a huge problem with BF1 was that it didn't actually launch with any.

    And I respect that as it's reasonable. I hope no era gets more attention than the other, but as DICE said, BF2 is our game and it's based off of our feedback so whichever era is requested the most to be expanded on, so be it. This minority the OP is in won't win, sooner he realizes is, the better for everyone it is and the less disappointed he will be.
    Member of the 501st
  • Advise the everyone:

    Ignore the OP is unreasonable and is in the minority on this matter. As they say, "Nobody hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans"

    Hmmm "minority" is debatable. There's certainly a large presence of PT enthusiasts nowadays, but a "majority"? I truly doubt that. Look at the meta critic and rottentomato scores for those films vs the OT. Mhmm. There's a reason for that.

    By minority, I don't mean despising the prequels, I mean saying prequel content should get the least amount of attention. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear in my previous comment.
    Member of the 501st
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »

    In fact, regardless of resources, nobody should want to see shocka Tandy fighting, vader, or whatever, so let's dead that now and possibly resurrect it in ten years time or something. Same with anakin, who's performance in the films was awful and who's inclusion in this game would actually detract from it.
    Even I can't take you seriously.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Nothing to say here.
    ahsoka-tano-vs-darth-vader-image-2048x1152.jpg
    Wallpaper from Guillaume's Twitter page (great DICE hero designer).


    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Advise the everyone:

    Ignore the OP is unreasonable and is in the minority on this matter. As they say, "Nobody hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans"

    Hmmm "minority" is debatable. There's certainly a large presence of PT enthusiasts nowadays, but a "majority"? I truly doubt that. Look at the meta critic and rottentomato scores for those films vs the OT. Mhmm. There's a reason for that.

    By minority, I don't mean despising the prequels, I mean saying prequel content should get the least amount of attention. I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear in my previous comment.

    Oh okay. Sure. That makes more sense. I see what you're saying.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.

  • Hmmm "minority" is debatable. There's certainly a large presence of PT enthusiasts nowadays, but a "majority"? I truly doubt that. Look at the meta critic and rottentomato scores for those films vs the OT. Mhmm. There's a reason for that.

    I'm pro prequel CONTENT as it gave us interesting heroes, villains, battles and lore but it would be hard to argue that the prequels are in any way superior to the OT. Maybe pro prequel people on here mainly just support the potentially great content it can offer to battlefront.

  • Hmmm "minority" is debatable. There's certainly a large presence of PT enthusiasts nowadays, but a "majority"? I truly doubt that. Look at the meta critic and rottentomato scores for those films vs the OT. Mhmm. There's a reason for that.

    I'm pro prequel CONTENT as it gave us interesting heroes, villains, battles and lore but it would be hard to argue that the prequels are in any way superior to the OT. Maybe pro prequel people on here mainly just support the potentially great content it can offer to battlefront.

    I would agree with all of that.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.

  • Hmmm "minority" is debatable. There's certainly a large presence of PT enthusiasts nowadays, but a "majority"? I truly doubt that. Look at the meta critic and rottentomato scores for those films vs the OT. Mhmm. There's a reason for that.

    I'm pro prequel CONTENT as it gave us interesting heroes, villains, battles and lore but it would be hard to argue that the prequels are in any way superior to the OT. Maybe pro prequel people on here mainly just support the potentially great content it can offer to battlefront.

    This^^^

    I'm not a fan of the first two movies, but I think it is an overflow of content.
    Member of the 501st
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'
  • Well, so much for Star Wars Celebration trying to unite everyone together through coverage of all aspects Star Wars.

    Pointless arguing like this is the real reason why Star Wars will never truly progress forward.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    There's problems with every trilogy tbh.
    Member of the 501st
  • Well, so much for Star Wars Celebration trying to unite everyone together through coverage of all aspects Star Wars.

    Pointless arguing like this is the real reason why Star Wars will never truly progress forward.

    Actually, pointless arguing like this is the reason the forum exists.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • I ***** loved the pt when I was small and I love them now. Admittedly I am now able to laugh at them but the love still remains.(not saying they were good)
    As for the clone wars that ***** was my childhood...
    If anything probably pt would be my all time favorite era.
    *OPINION don't get triggered lol*
  • I **** loved the pt when I was small and I love them now. Admittedly I am now able to laugh at them but the love still remains.(not saying they were good)
    As for the clone wars that **** was my childhood...
    If anything probably pt would be my all time favorite era.
    *OPINION don't get triggered lol*

    This^^^
    Member of the 501st
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I **** loved the pt when I was small and I love them now. Admittedly I am now able to laugh at them but the love still remains.(not saying they were good)
    As for the clone wars that **** was my childhood...
    If anything probably pt would be my all time favorite era.
    *OPINION don't get triggered lol*

    Hahah none of us get triggered unless someone calls them cinematic masterpieces without irony.

    Those movies legitimately crushed us as a fan base. Imagine how you felt when EA released Battlefront and times it by a thousand :)
  • I **** loved the pt when I was small and I love them now. Admittedly I am now able to laugh at them but the love still remains.(not saying they were good)
    As for the clone wars that **** was my childhood...
    If anything probably pt would be my all time favorite era.
    *OPINION don't get triggered lol*

    65249663.jpg
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    There's problems with every trilogy tbh.

    But good ones have minimal problems...PT fans always try and bring the OT down to their level, to give them credit. They are not all equal in an objective sense. Thats a fact. Personally sure, you pick the level you like them...

    Again there are a reason professionals cite the originals and not the Prequals, and a a reason OT is a cinimatic and sci fi opus...its got nothing to do with pure opinion either
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    Still better than ep 7
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    There's problems with every trilogy tbh.

    But good ones have minimal problems...PT fans always try and bring the OT down to their level, to give them credit. They are not all equal in an objective sense. Thats a fact. Personally sure, you pick the level you like them...

    Again there are a reason professionals cite the originals and not the Prequals, and a a reason OT is a cinimatic and sci fi opus...its got nothing to do with pure opinion either



    There's problems with OT too, not saying there's more or less than prequels, or even equal, but there's still definitely big problems with them.
    Member of the 501st
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Xantos wrote: »
    Still better than ep 7

    :trollface:
  • In conclusion there are A HECK OF A LOT of fans that want Clone wars content and thats because the clone wars is pretty dang dope. Even with the PT many mistakes many ppl like me like them and i like the OT just as much. I say Clone wars, Galactic civil war, and Galactic civil war2? Should get equal attention BUT yhe fanbase wants CLONE WARZ so bam
  • bfloo wrote: »
    If only the devs would have a sense of humor and give Anakin an 'I hate sand!' emote. B)

    They probably will.
  • ATE_ARMS
    317 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »

    In fact, regardless of resources, nobody should want to see shocka Tandy fighting, vader, or whatever, so let's dead that now and possibly resurrect it in ten years time or something. Same with anakin, who's performance in the films was awful and who's inclusion in this game would actually detract from it.
    Even I can't take you seriously.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Nothing to say here.
    ahsoka-tano-vs-darth-vader-image-2048x1152.jpg
    Wallpaper from Guillaume's Twitter page (great DICE hero designer).

    Oh dear lord lol


    This is pretty much the crux of the issue, I grew up like many others with Vader as the boss, the dark lord, the daddy, etc etc, but now people campaign to have this asohka in the game who seemingly took on Vader and survived. It cheapens it for me, and its also that cartooniness I mentioned which is just not what I want from this game. Star wars in general is just
    barely the right side of comical at times as it is.

    Same with Yoda and his fighting style in the prequels tbh, it didn't seem fitting of such an important and wise character, again, the wrong side of cartoony..if cartoony/cartooniness are even words lok. Tired.

    Again, I'm not against pt content, I just don't want the game looking like, and paraphrasing chaos who said earlier; 'Japanese disco nightlife' or summin lol, while characters like asohka tano and kit fisto running about all over. Its not star wars to me, and even though it may be to others.. these shows will never have the significance of the films

    I take on board that pt fans got no content in 2015 too, and I'm probably gonna try watch clone wars series.
    And sorry haven't got the energy to reply to everyone but enjoyed reading it all, particularly this
    TopLeft wrote: »
    Hey man kid fister is my favorite character so you better watch out

    :D
  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    preach...
    "Fly casual.."
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    There's problems with every trilogy tbh.

    But good ones have minimal problems...PT fans always try and bring the OT down to their level, to give them credit. They are not all equal in an objective sense. Thats a fact. Personally sure, you pick the level you like them...

    Again there are a reason professionals cite the originals and not the Prequals, and a a reason OT is a cinimatic and sci fi opus...its got nothing to do with pure opinion either



    There's problems with OT too, not saying there's more or less than prequels, or even equal, but there's still definitely big problems with them.

    ...sorry comparing a young farmboy who dosnt want to do choirs with a jedi knight who is supposed to be more mature by episode 3 is just ridic, especially when the video doesnt admit that lucas had help writting the OT too......and the issue with luke training??? Of course vader was only toying with him and his training lasted a short time! It seems the video is grasping at straws. Idk could get better after that, but seems like a thin arguement if those 2 and less women are his first 3 punches.
    Not Saying OT didnt have problems butttr stuff like passage of time and ,idk if he mentions it, plot armor are pretty standard in all stories.
    Smells of what I said...prequal fans trying to drag it down to near prequal levels
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    There's problems with every trilogy tbh.

    But good ones have minimal problems...PT fans always try and bring the OT down to their level, to give them credit. They are not all equal in an objective sense. Thats a fact. Personally sure, you pick the level you like them...

    Again there are a reason professionals cite the originals and not the Prequals, and a a reason OT is a cinimatic and sci fi opus...its got nothing to do with pure opinion either



    There's problems with OT too, not saying there's more or less than prequels, or even equal, but there's still definitely big problems with them.

    ...sorry comparing a young farmboy who dosnt want to do choirs with a jedi knight who is supposed to be more mature by episode 3 is just ridic, especially when the video doesnt admit that lucas had help writting the OT too......and the issue with luke training??? Of course vader was only toying with him and his training lasted a short time! It seems the video is grasping at straws. Idk could get better after that, but seems like a thin arguement if those 2 and less women are his first 3 punches.

    And Tatooine was the back end of nowhere until TPM made it Anakin's home planet and big part of the whole lore. Obi-Wan was hiding just fine until the prequels changed that ;)
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    There's problems with every trilogy tbh.

    But good ones have minimal problems...PT fans always try and bring the OT down to their level, to give them credit. They are not all equal in an objective sense. Thats a fact. Personally sure, you pick the level you like them...

    Again there are a reason professionals cite the originals and not the Prequals, and a a reason OT is a cinimatic and sci fi opus...its got nothing to do with pure opinion either



    There's problems with OT too, not saying there's more or less than prequels, or even equal, but there's still definitely big problems with them.

    ...sorry comparing a young farmboy who dosnt want to do choirs with a jedi knight who is supposed to be more mature by episode 3 is just ridic, especially when the video doesnt admit that lucas had help writting the OT too......and the issue with luke training??? Of course vader was only toying with him and his training lasted a short time! It seems the video is grasping at straws. Idk could get better after that, but seems like a thin arguement if those 2 and less women are his first 3 punches.
    Not Saying OT didnt have problems butttr stuff like passage of time and ,idk if he mentions it, plot armor are pretty standard in all stories.
    Smells of what I said...prequal fans trying to drag it down to near prequal levels

    I'm not trying to "drag down originals" at all. You did get my point though as you admit the OT isn't perfect. I'm saying there's problems in every era and the more we point them out, the less interesting the entire saga seems. At least IMO.
    Member of the 501st
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Visuals is certainly arguable, the screenplay and story aren't, not by any sane measure. There are a few wacky 'look at this funny mistake' or plot hole round ups of the OT because of course they aren't flawless. But watch Mr Plinkett's reviews of the prequels, the one for TPM runs for over an hour and that's just the first movie.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Visuals is certainly arguable, the screenplay and story aren't, not by any sane measure. There are a few wacky 'look at this funny mistake' or plot hole round ups of the OT because of course they aren't flawless. But watch Mr Plinkett's reviews of the prequels, the one for TPM runs for over an hour and that's just the first movie.

    His reviews are mostly spot on especially for Attack of the Clones. That ones funny as hell
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Not as bad as a flaw like Finn helping the guy who killed his only friend :lol:
    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Not as bad as a flaw like Finn helping the guy who killed his only friend :lol:

    I don't think it was Poe who killed his friend, but I do have a problem with Finn turning so quickly. I would understand him wanting to defect after 1st Order Stormtroopers killed all the villagers.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Not as bad as a flaw like Finn helping the guy who killed his only friend :lol:

    I don't think it was Poe who killed his friend, but I do have a problem with Finn turning so quickly. I would understand him wanting to defect after 1st Order Stormtroopers killed all the villagers.

    Then who killed his friend?
    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Not as bad as a flaw like Finn helping the guy who killed his only friend :lol:

    I don't think it was Poe who killed his friend, but I do have a problem with Finn turning so quickly. I would understand him wanting to defect after 1st Order Stormtroopers killed all the villagers.

    My problem with Finn is that he hesitates to kill anyone and hyperventilates when he comes back from the mission, but instant has no problem blowing up and shooting his colleagues and friends
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Not as bad as a flaw like Finn helping the guy who killed his only friend :lol:

    I don't think it was Poe who killed his friend, but I do have a problem with Finn turning so quickly. I would understand him wanting to defect after 1st Order Stormtroopers killed all the villagers.

    My problem with Finn is that he hesitates to kill anyone and hyperventilates when he comes back from the mission, but instant has no problem blowing up and shooting his colleagues and friends

    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    @AwesomeKillJoy One of the villagers protecting their home. Poe wasn't the only one there fighting for the Resistance.
    Spam Block is still broken.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    AwesomeKillJoy One of the villagers protecting their home. Poe wasn't the only one there fighting for the Resistance.
    Spam Block is still broken.

    I'll have to rewatch the scene, can't find the full one on YT
    Member of the 501st
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    AwesomeKillJoy One of the villagers protecting their home. Poe wasn't the only one there fighting for the Resistance.
    Spam Block is still broken.

    I'll have to rewatch the scene, can't find the full one on YT

    It's definitely Poe. 30 seconds in.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »
    AwesomeKillJoy One of the villagers protecting their home. Poe wasn't the only one there fighting for the Resistance.
    Spam Block is still broken.

    I'll have to rewatch the scene, can't find the full one on YT

    It's definitely Poe. 30 seconds in.

    Oh, I was mistaken. It still doesn't make sense, though.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Not as bad as a flaw like Finn helping the guy who killed his only friend :lol:

    I don't think it was Poe who killed his friend, but I do have a problem with Finn turning so quickly. I would understand him wanting to defect after 1st Order Stormtroopers killed all the villagers.

    My problem with Finn is that he hesitates to kill anyone and hyperventilates when he comes back from the mission, but instant has no problem blowing up and shooting his colleagues and friends

    True. But to be fair i wouldnt call them his "friends" considering they are all brainwashed as children. Remember those emotions FN had were considered a "flaw" by Hux and Ren. Similar to how Clones were bread with total loyalty towards palpatine, thus why they were friends with the jedi yet turned on them when the time came. Rex would be comsidered a "faulty model" to that respect as well
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    AwesomeKillJoy One of the villagers protecting their home. Poe wasn't the only one there fighting for the Resistance.
    Spam Block is still broken.

    I'll have to rewatch the scene, can't find the full one on YT

    It's definitely Poe. 30 seconds in.

    My point remains valid then.
    Member of the 501st
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    How many times are we going to have these discussions? Do you guys really wanna go another two years and beyond doing this?
    We know just about everybody's stance on which eras they like. People will like what they like, that's their opinion. How many times are we going to argue about how many plot holes tfa has or how bad the writing of the prequels are? Can't we all just get along already instead of getting triggered everytime someone says they think the prequels are great
    tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Darkaid wrote: »
    AwesomeKillJoy One of the villagers protecting their home. Poe wasn't the only one there fighting for the Resistance.
    Spam Block is still broken.

    I'll have to rewatch the scene, can't find the full one on YT

    It's definitely Poe. 30 seconds in.

    My point remains valid then.

    Yep, I thought it was a villager. Haven't watched TFA in months.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • People have been asking for the prequels like myself and others the OG Battlefront 2 had it and the OG Trilogy so why not do it now with the advancements in gaming technology and graphics it would make for a great game.Also yes the prequels were disliked but it told the story of Anakin Skywalker and how he was found on the planet of Tatooine and brought to Coursant and became a Jedi Padawan the a Jedi Knight and lastly his fall to the Dark Side in which he became Darth Vader.And lastly,think of the possibilities an DLC content that could be added.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    I feel like this needed to be said as there are a lot of over exuberant fans who would happily see this become a prequel only game. I know people grew up with those films, nostalgia and all that, but they ranged from very poor to decent and aren't the centre of the star wars universe some people would have you believe.

    Tbh I was certain there would be no cw/pt era in the game. I'm glad there is, it was definitely the right move for numerous reasons and I really hope we get general grievous.

    I keep seeing cw era fans pushing though, for heroes such as that shocka Tandy girl, kid fister and commander cod. Nobody really knows who these people are, and unless you have unlimited resources, I reckon your time is better spent elsewhere

    In fact, regardless of resources, nobody should want to see shocka Tandy fighting, vader, or whatever, so let's dead that now and possibly resurrect it in ten years time or something. Same with anakin, who's performance in the films was awful and who's inclusion in this game would actually detract from it.


    Anyway, the game looks like its shaping up very nicely, so happy easter all :)

    I didn't like the prequal movies but i loved the clone wars era cause it felt new to me and it was an important part of the star wars story and yes i'd love to see commander cody and captain rex as blaster heroes. Kitt fisto, anikan skywalker and ahsoka. lets not forget this game has 3 star wars era's
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    How many times are we going to have these discussions? Do you guys really wanna go another two years and beyond doing this?
    We know just about everybody's stance on which eras they like. People will like what they like, that's their opinion. How many times are we going to argue about how many plot holes tfa has or how bad the writing of the prequels are? Can't we all just get along already instead of getting triggered everytime someone says they think the prequels are great
    tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

    tumblr_nz7dvupide1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
    Member of the 501st
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    How many times are we going to have these discussions? Do you guys really wanna go another two years and beyond doing this?
    We know just about everybody's stance on which eras they like. People will like what they like, that's their opinion. How many times are we going to argue about how many plot holes tfa has or how bad the writing of the prequels are? Can't we all just get along already instead of getting triggered everytime someone says they think the prequels are great
    tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

    THANK YOU
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    How many times are we going to have these discussions? Do you guys really wanna go another two years and beyond doing this?
    We know just about everybody's stance on which eras they like. People will like what they like, that's their opinion. How many times are we going to argue about how many plot holes tfa has or how bad the writing of the prequels are? Can't we all just get along already instead of getting triggered everytime someone says they think the prequels are great
    tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

    tumblr_nz7dvupide1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

    These pointless debates have gone on long enough!
    giphy.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!