criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

DICE, don't forget that the prequels were disliked by many people.

124

Replies

  • "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    ok cool,thx for responding,I am also in this conversation amicably so no prob.however I think that is a biased sweeping generalization.
    old bandwagon,new bandwagon,same difference.
    what I mean is that it is not like -ok you like the prequels,good for you,I do not.
    But rather it becomes a case of agressive ridicule for an opinion as you have written and it is mostly that which I find unfortunate.
    oftentimes the one ridiculing is the ridiculous one...
    I can understand being disappointed if expecting a masterpiece and style like the originals,but even so I think the prequels were good
    and I strongly like them.
    but my taste often collides with that of say film critics or popular belief,sometimes I like things that turn out to be
    masterpieces othertimes said to be "rubbish".so that could very well be the case-but to me that makes no difference.
    even literature,I think lord of the rings is thousand times better than shakespear for example,which is an opinion considered "bad" by many likely.
    In this regard the opinions of adults or 18 year olds may not always be superior if you ask me,not automatically anyway.
    But even so,as I said-there are movies I liked as a child that I look at now and do not like and vice versa so applied here that means
    all who liked prequels are not only those who were children at the time.

    In the end I am just happy there is star wars to begin with to be honest
  • Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    How many times are we going to have these discussions? Do you guys really wanna go another two years and beyond doing this?
    We know just about everybody's stance on which eras they like. People will like what they like, that's their opinion. How many times are we going to argue about how many plot holes tfa has or how bad the writing of the prequels are? Can't we all just get along already instead of getting triggered everytime someone says they think the prequels are great
    tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

    tumblr_nz7dvupide1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

    These pointless debates have gone on long enough!
    giphy.gif

    lKfXKFT.jpg
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    How many times are we going to have these discussions? Do you guys really wanna go another two years and beyond doing this?
    We know just about everybody's stance on which eras they like. People will like what they like, that's their opinion. How many times are we going to argue about how many plot holes tfa has or how bad the writing of the prequels are? Can't we all just get along already instead of getting triggered everytime someone says they think the prequels are great
    tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

    tumblr_nz7dvupide1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

    These pointless debates have gone on long enough!
    giphy.gif

    tEfsTXb.jpg
    Member of the 501st
  • In conclusion there are A HECK OF A LOT of fans that want Clone wars content and thats because the clone wars is pretty dang dope. Even with the PT many mistakes many ppl like me like them and i like the OT just as much. I say Clone wars, Galactic civil war, and Galactic civil war2? Should get equal attention BUT yhe fanbase wants CLONE WARZ so bam

    I'm seriously considering ending every single argument I have from this point forward with "so bam". It's freaking genius.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    How many times are we going to have these discussions? Do you guys really wanna go another two years and beyond doing this?
    We know just about everybody's stance on which eras they like. People will like what they like, that's their opinion. How many times are we going to argue about how many plot holes tfa has or how bad the writing of the prequels are? Can't we all just get along already instead of getting triggered everytime someone says they think the prequels are great
    tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

    tumblr_nz7dvupide1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

    These pointless debates have gone on long enough!
    giphy.gif

    lKfXKFT.jpg

    Not entirely pointless. It kills time while we wait for November. ;)
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    How many times are we going to have these discussions? Do you guys really wanna go another two years and beyond doing this?
    We know just about everybody's stance on which eras they like. People will like what they like, that's their opinion. How many times are we going to argue about how many plot holes tfa has or how bad the writing of the prequels are? Can't we all just get along already instead of getting triggered everytime someone says they think the prequels are great
    tumblr_oc0m0jY9Fy1uv3hlzo1_500.gif

    Well it should be in "off topic" at this point, but it's a totally legitimate discussion that will keep being held as long as there is a place to post in public.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Idk guys, only less then 10% of the PT lovers don't know that more OT lovers played the old games than dead Rancors™.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

  • [/quote]

    Same with Yoda and his fighting style in the prequels tbh, it didn't seem fitting of such an important and wise character, again, the wrong side of cartoony..if cartoony/cartooniness are even words lok. Tired.



    [/quote]

    I think that is what made yoda great in the prequels,it was unexpected to have such a powerhouse in such a small creature
  • lukewarm wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    ok cool,thx for responding,I am also in this conversation amicably so no prob.however I think that is a biased sweeping generalization.
    old bandwagon,new bandwagon,same difference.
    what I mean is that it is not like -ok you like the prequels,good for you,I do not.
    But rather it becomes a case of agressive ridicule for an opinion as you have written and it is mostly that which I find unfortunate.
    oftentimes the one ridiculing is the ridiculous one...
    I can understand being disappointed if expecting a masterpiece and style like the originals,but even so I think the prequels were good
    and I strongly like them.
    but my taste often collides with that of say film critics or popular belief,sometimes I like things that turn out to be
    masterpieces othertimes said to be "rubbish".so that could very well be the case-but to me that makes no difference.
    even literature,I think lord of the rings is thousand times better than shakespear for example,which is an opinion considered "bad" by many likely.
    In this regard the opinions of adults or 18 year olds may not always be superior if you ask me,not automatically anyway.
    But even so,as I said-there are movies I liked as a child that I look at now and do not like and vice versa so applied here that means
    all who liked prequels are not only those who were children at the time.

    In the end I am just happy there is star wars to begin with to be honest

    Ok, I'm out.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Visuals is certainly arguable, the screenplay and story aren't, not by any sane measure. There are a few wacky 'look at this funny mistake' or plot hole round ups of the OT because of course they aren't flawless. But watch Mr Plinkett's reviews of the prequels, the one for TPM runs for over an hour and that's just the first movie.

    His reviews are mostly spot on especially for Attack of the Clones. That ones funny as ****

    I just rewatched the whole TPM review for the first time in a couple of years. 'Stay back coppers, I'm packing heat.'
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I can't await to see AngryJoe's review for BF II. The only I trust, regardless there is CW or not ;)
    By the way, I am glad that I like all Star Wars movies and series.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • By the way, I am glad that I like all Star Wars movies and series.

    same :)
  • bfloo
    14774 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Not as bad as a flaw like Finn helping the guy who killed his only friend :lol:

    I don't think it was Poe who killed his friend, but I do have a problem with Finn turning so quickly. I would understand him wanting to defect after 1st Order Stormtroopers killed all the villagers.

    My problem with Finn is that he hesitates to kill anyone and hyperventilates when he comes back from the mission, but instant has no problem blowing up and shooting his colleagues and friends

    True. But to be fair i wouldnt call them his "friends" considering they are all brainwashed as children. Remember those emotions FN had were considered a "flaw" by Hux and Ren. Similar to how Clones were bread with total loyalty towards palpatine, thus why they were friends with the jedi yet turned on them when the time came. Rex would be comsidered a "faulty model" to that respect as well

    The clones had a chip that made them obey. Rex and a few others managed to remove them.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.
    No one is saying dont like the films, i like 80s B movie horror films....but ill admit they are flawed and not masterpieces of their respective genre's.

    Theres a reason Hope, Empire and Jedi are magnum opus' of cinima and sci fi and prequals are not....its got nothing to do with a few opinions either. Its because objectively and being unbias, they are excellent pieces

    They are not excellent pieces either, I personally rate A New Hope as one of my least favourite Star Wars films.

    There's a gulf between 'your least favourite movies' and 'the worst movies' though, it didn't absolutely blow up the world of cinema for no reason.

    It's not rated as one of my least favouite because of personal opinion (only a little bit), but because I can pick out way more stuff that is wrong in the production of the film, in script and on screen, than the Prequels

    Now that is some crazy talk. You can't, and if you can you're wrong. I respect that people enjoy them, but come on now, seriously. That degree I mentioned earlier was in Theatre, Film and Television at York St John University, England by the way, so we're getting way out of 'my opinion is worth as much as yours' territory and into delusion now. You should have just stuck to 'I enjoy it more.'

    I'm from England as well, but what I meant is there are more obvious movie mistakes and problems in the originals (ANH) than the Prequels, such as the classic Stormtrooper hitting his head, armour on Stormtroopers falling off or breaking, plot armour, unrealistic emotions from Luke when Beru and Owen die and when Kenobi dies, the lightsaber fights. There are a few more but I can't remember. But anyway, all this just takes away from the experience for me. The Prequels, yes worse written, have better visuals (and I don't mean CGI and better technology) and screenplay and also story.

    Not as bad as a flaw like Finn helping the guy who killed his only friend :lol:

    I don't think it was Poe who killed his friend, but I do have a problem with Finn turning so quickly. I would understand him wanting to defect after 1st Order Stormtroopers killed all the villagers.

    My problem with Finn is that he hesitates to kill anyone and hyperventilates when he comes back from the mission, but instant has no problem blowing up and shooting his colleagues and friends

    True. But to be fair i wouldnt call them his "friends" considering they are all brainwashed as children. Remember those emotions FN had were considered a "flaw" by Hux and Ren. Similar to how Clones were bread with total loyalty towards palpatine, thus why they were friends with the jedi yet turned on them when the time came. Rex would be comsidered a "faulty model" to that respect as well

    The clones had a chip that made them obey. Rex and a few others managed to remove them.

    Yup, thus why rex would be considered by his higher ups a "defective model"
  • To the people who said adding the prequels content in the game because the prequels were "terrible" "poor" "bad acting" etc and would supposingly make BF2 'bad'. Surely the chance to show these characters and the whole in the light of what we hope a brilliant video would do them justice in your eyes? I don't support prequel haters I love the prequels for the lore and whole change of perspective they gave on the Star Wars Universe. But if they're so bad then give DICE a chance to lets say redeem the prequels?
    The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter.
    "Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.
  • As someone who vastly prefers the OT over the PT, I see nothing wrong with the setting. A lot of people's issues came from Lucas' questionable dialogue and story direction. The setting and world building was mostly fine in my opinion.
  • somehow you think the prequels aren't popular, but the only reason why they are putting in cw content is because of the massive demand by the players.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    You're right. They should probably redesign the campaign to exclude it before getting too far along in development.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • The Star Wars Universe is the Star Wars Universe, no matter who likes it or not. The movies are a snapshot into very small fragments of the Universe itself along the Timeline. It's not like the Clone Wars Era, Original Trilogy, or New Era are somehow not there if people don't like it, its a matter of how a game or other media decides to portray it.
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    I would pay extra to NOT have any PT content, specifically characters in the game.
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.

    I'm not saying you have to like Anakin or Hayden, but I think Hayden Christensen certainly can act. I suggest watching him in "Shattered Glass", I really felt myself feeling for him in that one (even if he wasn't a hero, the character he played was certainly a complex one and Hayden pulled it off expertly)

    Hayden is a good actor, not the greatest, but he can act really well. The Prequels just had bad scripts, not actors or content

    Agree, I think the script is more to blame than the actors imo. Now the plagiarized side show called TFA is another story, Daisy Ridley's acting is some of the worst I've seen in any film. The parts with her and Finn felt more like watching a bad Harry Potter remake than a Star Wars film. Not everyone hates the PT, I for one appreciate it now more than ever after seeing the TFA. Rouge One was a much better movie imo, and it didn't need the old actors to carry the film.
  • rollind24
    5371 posts Member
    Which anime cartoon is Ahsoka in? I need to get caught up quick
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5371 posts Member
    Casscaden wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.

    I'm not saying you have to like Anakin or Hayden, but I think Hayden Christensen certainly can act. I suggest watching him in "Shattered Glass", I really felt myself feeling for him in that one (even if he wasn't a hero, the character he played was certainly a complex one and Hayden pulled it off expertly)

    Hayden is a good actor, not the greatest, but he can act really well. The Prequels just had bad scripts, not actors or content

    Agree, I think the script is more to blame than the actors imo. Now the plagiarized side show called TFA is another story, Daisy Ridley's acting is some of the worst I've seen in any film. The parts with her and Finn felt more like watching a bad Harry Potter remake than a Star Wars film. Not everyone hates the PT, I for one appreciate it now more than ever after seeing the TFA. Rouge One was a much better movie imo, and it didn't need the old actors to carry the film.

    There is a reason Mark Hamilton wasn't allowed to speak in E7 and it wasn't story related
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24
    5371 posts Member
    I find most of the prequel fanboys to be the same thing as Goths conforming with each other to "rebel" and be different. Your cartoons are still lame.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    'This Bickering is Pointless'
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Casscaden wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.

    I'm not saying you have to like Anakin or Hayden, but I think Hayden Christensen certainly can act. I suggest watching him in "Shattered Glass", I really felt myself feeling for him in that one (even if he wasn't a hero, the character he played was certainly a complex one and Hayden pulled it off expertly)

    Hayden is a good actor, not the greatest, but he can act really well. The Prequels just had bad scripts, not actors or content

    Agree, I think the script is more to blame than the actors imo. Now the plagiarized side show called TFA is another story, Daisy Ridley's acting is some of the worst I've seen in any film. The parts with her and Finn felt more like watching a bad Harry Potter remake than a Star Wars film. Not everyone hates the PT, I for one appreciate it now more than ever after seeing the TFA. Rouge One was a much better movie imo, and it didn't need the old actors to carry the film.

    There is a reason Mark Hamilton wasn't allowed to speak in E7 and it wasn't story related

    Mark Hamilton?? Uhhhhh....
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • Mark Hamilton?? Uhhhhh....

    I choked on my drink when I saw that.
  • Casscaden wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.

    I'm not saying you have to like Anakin or Hayden, but I think Hayden Christensen certainly can act. I suggest watching him in "Shattered Glass", I really felt myself feeling for him in that one (even if he wasn't a hero, the character he played was certainly a complex one and Hayden pulled it off expertly)

    Hayden is a good actor, not the greatest, but he can act really well. The Prequels just had bad scripts, not actors or content

    Agree, I think the script is more to blame than the actors imo. Now the plagiarized side show called TFA is another story, Daisy Ridley's acting is some of the worst I've seen in any film. The parts with her and Finn felt more like watching a bad Harry Potter remake than a Star Wars film. Not everyone hates the PT, I for one appreciate it now more than ever after seeing the TFA. Rouge One was a much better movie imo, and it didn't need the old actors to carry the film.
    DiscoverME wrote: »
    Mark Hamilton?? Uhhhhh....

    I choked on my drink when I saw that.

    I choked on a drink I wasn't even drinking.
    I am one with the force. The force is with Steve.
  • i love the ep 1,2,3 to me grown up with it so bad
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    When it comes to the action, the prequels are great. Hope we get to play the Battle over Coruscant in BFEA2!
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Well, you guys forget that there also is a fraction in the OT gang - OT Pre CGI and OT CGI. In the released BF2 concept art they reveal the Ronto - one of the irritating add ins to the CGI version they forced upon us old OT lovers. That´s even worse than PT content to me.

    Frankly, I don´t care much for anything that happened before OT, but I´m from the time when OT was a sensation and brought new stuff to the world - and Oh, how the world has changed because of those movies :wink:.. Even the PT´s have references from the OT´s, like "I have a bad feeling about this". OT is epic, PT are more like daytime-TV movies and completely unepic.

    On the other hand.... I already preordered :smile: - but I´m perfectly clear what I´m going to, and are ready to swallow some camels while playing. After all, I will go after every challenge, medal, objective or other types of obstacles to finish the game on 100% - regardless of era I need to do them in. :blush:

    Tried to watch the PT and OT CGI just before TFA, and once again before the opening of Rouge One - but no.. I can´t watch more than 20-30 minutes before I quit.

    But I still have the Laserdiscs versions and EAFront :wink:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • I admittedly barf a little in my mouth when the Prequel movies come on TV.....but I'm all for PT content in the game. If handled correctly. I'm especially jazzed for the following emotes:
    giphy.gif
    its_working_star_wars.gif
    66100-i-hate-them.gif
  • Doc_Holliday
    319 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    i love the ep 1,2,3 to me grown up with it so bad

    I choked when I saw TFA. Let's see, Rey screams , Rey cries, Rey Mad bro, the disturbing faces of pain through out the entire move. Wow, and people say Anakin was bad, did you not see the botch of a emo man called Kyle Ren.
  • don't feed the troll
  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    The quality of the movies has no effect on their inclusion into the game. Why is that so hard to understand? It doesn't matter if the acting was wooden, there's going to be little to no acting during online matches. It doesn't matter if the CGI was terrible, everything looks beautiful in the Frostbite engine. It doesn't matter if the majority of the film was boring to you because there'll only be constant action.

    I understand not everyone likes those movies, but we've just had an OT game. We're still getting OT content in this game. The inclusion of PT content will not negatively impact the OT content. Please just let us enjoy it without trying to think of ways it's going to ruin the game. It won't.

    Don't lecture me TMachine97! I see through the lies of the Prequel Trilogy lovers. I do not fear the Original Trilogy as you do. It has brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to the Star Wars franchise.

    /
    All jokes aside, it is funny to see how people think including the PT in BF2 will somehow reduce the quality of the game.
  • what ? people may not enjoy the movies but everyone love the era. Me in particulary love all eras , and think this one is a must on a star wars game because of the characters and places it could provide . Actually since the first game was based on original trilogy only, i think they should focus more on prequel / sequel eras. I mean what more can they give us from original ? we already getting mos easley and i hope yoda planet, we'll probably get hoth and andor again so im satisfied with that IF they include all heroes / villains from the first game. After that give me more eras content, specially Obi-Wan , Anakin Skywalker , Count Dooku , General Grievous, Finn, etc etc etc.
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Casscaden wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    t
    You don't want anakin. That is laughable. You must accept these characters are a loved part of the universe.

    You may not enjoy the films, but can't deny they present far cooler features for a battlefront game.

    The anakin point was a bit of a low blow tbh, but if they had just got a better actor for his part then the prequels would be improved a million fold. As it is i dislike even thinking about Hayden Christensen in relation to Vader, that's how bad he was.

    I'm not saying you have to like Anakin or Hayden, but I think Hayden Christensen certainly can act. I suggest watching him in "Shattered Glass", I really felt myself feeling for him in that one (even if he wasn't a hero, the character he played was certainly a complex one and Hayden pulled it off expertly)

    Hayden is a good actor, not the greatest, but he can act really well. The Prequels just had bad scripts, not actors or content

    Agree, I think the script is more to blame than the actors imo. Now the plagiarized side show called TFA is another story, Daisy Ridley's acting is some of the worst I've seen in any film. The parts with her and Finn felt more like watching a bad Harry Potter remake than a Star Wars film. Not everyone hates the PT, I for one appreciate it now more than ever after seeing the TFA. Rouge One was a much better movie imo, and it didn't need the old actors to carry the film.

    There is a reason Mark Hamilton wasn't allowed to speak in E7 and it wasn't story related

    Mark Hamilton?? Uhhhhh....

    Okay? What is wrong with that? Harry Ford, Carry Fisha, and Mark Hamilton are the accurate actor's names.
    Member of the 501st
  • Jaden_Korrr
    431 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »

    I keep seeing cw era fans pushing though, for heroes such as that shocka Tandy girl, kid fister and commander cod. Nobody really knows who these people are, and unless you have unlimited resources, I reckon your time is better spent elsewhere

    If DICE thought Nien Numb, Dengar and Bossk were important and iconic enough to be included, surely they can manage more obscure prequel ones, especially Jedi the "mascot" of SW
    Post edited by Jaden_Korrr on
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »

    I keep seeing cw era fans pushing though, for heroes such as that shocka Tandy girl, kid fister and commander cod. Nobody really knows who these people are, and unless you have unlimited resources, I reckon your time is better spent elsewhere

    If DICE thoguht Nien Numb, Dengar and Bossk were important and iconic enough to be included, sure as **** they can manage more obscure prequel ones

    Baron Papanoida hype!
    image_f36731ff.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C629%2C354
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • ATE_ARMS wrote: »

    I keep seeing cw era fans pushing though, for heroes such as that shocka Tandy girl, kid fister and commander cod. Nobody really knows who these people are, and unless you have unlimited resources, I reckon your time is better spent elsewhere

    If DICE thoguht Nien Numb, Dengar and Bossk were important and iconic enough to be included, sure as **** they can manage more obscure prequel ones

    Baron Papanoida hype!
    image_f36731ff.jpeg?region=0%2C0%2C629%2C354

    latest?cb=20110922040728
    HYPE!
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Well the prequels had cool villains, hope they add Count Dooku and Grievous, there is also a lot of Jedi to choose from, Destroyer droids and magna guards are very cool imo

    I feel like that's the general adjective I see used most often by Prequel fans. That it was "cool". I guess we used a different adjective when the OT was around and I was a kid, but I can't recall one at the moment.

    Why does it sound weird to you ?
    This is a film series about space battles and warrior knight-monks using laserswords and mystical magic.

    The entire premise is built on "rule of cool".
  • Berrin
    94 posts Member
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    I feel like this needed to be said as there are a lot of over exuberant fans who would happily see this become a prequel only game. I know people grew up with those films, nostalgia and all that, but they ranged from very poor to decent and aren't the centre of the star wars universe some people would have you believe.

    Tbh I was certain there would be no cw/pt era in the game. I'm glad there is, it was definitely the right move for numerous reasons and I really hope we get general grievous.

    I keep seeing cw era fans pushing though, for heroes such as that shocka Tandy girl, kid fister and commander cod. Nobody really knows who these people are, and unless you have unlimited resources, I reckon your time is better spent elsewhere

    In fact, regardless of resources, nobody should want to see shocka Tandy fighting, vader, or whatever, so let's dead that now and possibly resurrect it in ten years time or something. Same with anakin, who's performance in the films was awful and who's inclusion in this game would actually detract from it.


    Anyway, the game looks like its shaping up very nicely, so happy easter all :)

    Is this a joke? Sure the prequel movies were absolute garbage, however the show and lore behind it is amazing. I love clone troopers more than the rebels and empire. General grievous was a badass, jango fett too. They are still loved and shouldn't be thrown off as **** because of the movies. A lot, and I mean a lot of people know who Kit Fisto, Ahsoka Tano, and commander Cody more than some other people from the empire or rebels side. Anakin was a **** actor in the prequels, but then again, the whole prequel trilogy was basically garbage(except for the CGI troopers, I loved those). Ahsoka was also introduced in rebels, so yeah, people know who she is. Captain Rex, Commander Wolffe, and Commando Gregor are also well known GCW era people. So saying the prequels shouldn't be in the game because the movies weren't all that good is like saying you should never buy a game from EA because they have a pattern of rushing out games. I'm giving them a chance here and a GCW era was a high demand from the first game. I seriously can not tell if you are pulling a massive troll joke here.
    "That one clone trooper who was on the LAAT with general yoda"
    But jokes on you I'm actually Commander Cody
    #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    "lukewarm wrote:
    I really like the prequels,unfortunately it seems to me there is a thing going on where it is popular to
    dislike them bandwagon style.I

    I mean this totally amicably, but you've got that part wrong. It isn't a new bandwagon, it's the old consensus.

    No-one liked them. Original Star Wars fans, critics, even the actors themselves. They were ridiculed on tv shows, in magazines, 'the prequels being bad' was a big thing. My Star Wars loving friends at about 18 years old when TPM came out, just like most people of that age and older just sat there thinking 'WAT?' throughout the roll out of the whole trilogy.

    The Clone Wars love is the new phenomenon, and it's happened because while the world was hating them, the young viewers who weren't raging on message boards were sitting in front of screens enjoying the spectacle, and millions of them are now adults.

    Yeah, I was going to say. The bandwagon isn't the "hate". The standing opinion since they came out is that they suck. IF there's a bandwagon, it's this new school of nostalgia hounds, with rose tinted dvd copies of the PT getting dusty in their childhood playroom. Only recently have a significant number of internet lurkers started clamoring for that content.

    That's also unfair.

    It's not unfair. It's an accurate description of the past 12 years. I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just telling you the history of PT hating.

    You misinterpret these kinds of comments a lot I'm noticing, and you take people's dislike of the PT very personally, as if they're not allowed to objectively look upon films as something quantifiably qualitative. You're free to like them. If they make you happy, that's great. We're also free to grade them by the standards set forth throughout the history of film, and critique.

    It's not a bandwagon, it's just the people who grew up with the prequels are now old enough to voice their opinion.

    And opinions can be wrong. Plain and simple. I think pouring gas and lots of oxygen on/into a fire helps, Don't bash me because I think its so, its my opinion.

    I usually cringe and despise it when people people compare opinions about taste and entertainment to "opinions" about solid facts and pretend their false equivalence is smart.

    Of course, despite liking the prequel era, I do concede that the movies arent good from a critical viewpoint.
  • The way it sounded from the panel was that infantry won't be mixed era, but Heroes can mix. I personally like that system. I know the Prequels technically weren't great movies, but a lot of that can be credited to George Lucas' writing. I loved that characters and general plot of the Prequels. So if I get to play as Padmé and play in battle with all eras, I'm completely ok with that.
    So this is how Liberty dies, with thunderous applause

    giphy.gif

  • N7Spartan95
    783 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »
    ATE_ARMS wrote: »

    In fact, regardless of resources, nobody should want to see shocka Tandy fighting, vader, or whatever, so let's dead that now and possibly resurrect it in ten years time or something. Same with anakin, who's performance in the films was awful and who's inclusion in this game would actually detract from it.
    Even I can't take you seriously.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Nothing to say here.
    ahsoka-tano-vs-darth-vader-image-2048x1152.jpg
    Wallpaper from Guillaume's Twitter page (great DICE hero designer).

    Oh dear lord lol


    This is pretty much the crux of the issue, I grew up like many others with Vader as the boss, the dark lord, the daddy, etc etc, but now people campaign to have this asohka in the game who seemingly took on Vader and survived. It cheapens it for me, and its also that cartooniness I mentioned which is just not what I want from this game. Star wars in general is just
    barely the right side of comical at times as it is.

    Same with Yoda and his fighting style in the prequels tbh, it didn't seem fitting of such an important and wise character, again, the wrong side of cartoony..if cartoony/cartooniness are even words lok. Tired.

    Again, I'm not against pt content, I just don't want the game looking like, and paraphrasing chaos who said earlier; 'Japanese disco nightlife' or summin lol, while characters like asohka tano and kit fisto running about all over. Its not star wars to me, and even though it may be to others.. these shows will never have the significance of the films

    I take on board that pt fans got no content in 2015 too, and I'm probably gonna try watch clone wars series.
    And sorry haven't got the energy to reply to everyone but enjoyed reading it all, particularly this
    TopLeft wrote: »
    Hey man kid fister is my favorite character so you better watch out

    :D

    For the record, the Clone Wars is probably my favorite era in Star Wars, and it AIN'T because of the prequels. I think most people can agree they aren't great. Just watch this video:



    By the way, that "shocka Tandy" girl you see fit to mock is one of the most beloved characters in Star Wars outside of the movies despite everyone hating her originally, and her fight against Vader in Season 2 of Rebels is one of the best lightsaber fights of all time. Top 5, easily.
  • I don't think that this will be too much of a worry because, as far as I am aware, the eras will be separated with the exception of a few modes. People that don't like the prequels can just play the original trilogy and the sequel trilogy if they want.
  • I get that a lot of people disliked the prequels, I myself was 18-19 when I went to go see Episode I in theaters, did I like the movie? I was disappointed, up till the Darth Maul duel vs Obi Wan and Qui Gon the only good part of the film, went and seen Episode 2, was I let down there? Sure? last 30 minutes of the movie is really all you need to see from the arena battle to the end credits, plus Yoda fighting Dooku. Went and seen Episode 3, did I like all of it ? No up until Mace Windu, confronted Palpatine and from there on out for the rest of the movie was fine, not the greatest 3 films but each movie had its decent parts and memorable as well.

    Battlefront games, even from the old Pandemic days, included the prequels mainly because they were centered around a giant conflict, plus playing a clone or a battledroid was fun. Plus the vehicles were fun to play in, like it or not the Prequels are part of the saga, not something that's just going to go away. Plus if you hated the prequels, and have never seen the Clone Wars animated series, they make up for how bad the prequels were, with all that 6 years of episodes and lore and content that is canon, could translate into this game well, cause really how many more Battlefront games do you want to play on the same, Endor, Tattooine, Hoth maps ? Clone Wars series visited dozens of planets and locations, introduced new characters who are now icons, like Ashoka Tano, Rex, , Hondo, and gave many Jedi backstories, and great arc, was the Clone Wars great in the beginning? For the first season no, as the series went on it got darker, more adult themed, and explored such topics and questions all the films left us wondering about.

    I guess what I'm trying to say, enjoy certain aspects of it translated into this game, I know I will and am happy it will be there, and really if you haven't checked out the Clone Wars or Rebels series I highly suggest you do. Especially one episode with a certain Dark Lord of the Sith and a former apprentice :P
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    I dislike most things about the prequels, so I hope I'm able to play in such a way as to see little of the prequel stuff. Especially battle droids and Gungans.
  • bfloo
    14774 posts Member
    The prequels grew on me after reading the Darth Jar Jar fan theory.

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • 2000sGuy
    5854 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    The prequels grew on me after reading the Darth Jar Jar fan theory.

    Gungans are pretty cool. Idk why people hate them all because of JJ
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!