criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

How DEEP will the physics be?

ThatShibaThing
312 posts Member
edited April 2017
I'm wondering- how far will the developers go with the physics of this game? Will we get so much realism as to, say if you shoot a certain wing of an x-wing enough, will that certain wing chip off and you'll go diving? Will you be able to slice off certain appendages of battle-droids? How realistic will they go?
Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Replies

• I think we will have to wait and see for EA play, but seeing those certain physics that you said would be so cool, and would really add a nice addition to the game. If anything, at least make it to where droids appendages will be cut off with lightsabers.
    Vroom Vroom!

• I think we will have to wait and see for EA play, but seeing those certain physics that you said would be so cool, and would really add a nice addition to the game. If anything, at least make it to where droids appendages will be cut off with lightsabers.

Let's hope Darth Vader doesn't dash 3 yards every time he swung his saber like in the last game.
    Much Star Wars.Very forums.

Let's hope Darth Vader doesn't dash 3 yards every time he swung his saber like in the last game.

Yeah..
    Vroom Vroom!

• Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Droids definitely need to get sliced up and i think ships should crash more often. Otherwise I'm good.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Droids definitely need to get sliced up and i think ships should crash more often. Otherwise I'm good.

I would love that, although I will also be okay if we can just see the lightsaber burn marks on regular troops.

Liek those here.

• I would love some really well done physics like if you shot at the wing of a TIE fighter it could burn off and the fighter would fall down to the ground, but I doubt it would happen
    CT-5555 was a traitor
    m1eb5iy9b2uy.gif
  • Did you play BF 2015? They have some real basic stuff to correct first
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    I'm wondering- how far will the developers go with the physics of this game? Will we get so much realism as to, say if you shoot a certain wing of an x-wing enough, will that certain wing chip off and you'll go diving? Will you be able to slice off certain appendages of battle-droids? How realistic will they go?

I don't think its a matter of how far will they go, as much as it is, how far can they go. Dice has pretty much squeezed every drop of performance that an XBox1 or PS4 has to offer with EA Battlefront. I would expect pretty much the same graphics and physics in Battlefront 2.

If Dice has a few rendering tricks up their sleeves, then maybe people will be pleasantly suprized with a slight upgrade somewhere, but I wouldn't expect it.
  • All I want is better movement physics. I don't want to constantly be getting stuck on some pebble.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I just want to be able to climb and mount and lean over things, bruh. :'(
  • Alex64
    7810 posts Member
    The same terrain physics that everyone "love"
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Battlefield 1 has some great physics that I hope can be translated into this game. Dogfighting is sooo fun in that game, IMHO. Plus we really need the standard vaulting and climbing mechanics in this game.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Deeper than Dennis' imagination!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!
    VlgXG.gif
  • you guys and your "Realisim"

All I know is they better not EVER.. Get rid of Ragdolls.

• Darkkonator
    49 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    I would love some really well done physics like if you shot at the wing of a TIE fighter it could burn off and the fighter would fall down to the ground, but I doubt it would happen

Aircraft physics is also very bad in BF1. when impact, Jumps the plane around.
  • Alvonator wrote: »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!
    VlgXG.gif

The dude cant catch a break.
  • DOWNWARDZ
    1067 posts Member
    A pause in death due to a wing being blown off and resulting in spiralIing/crashing into an asteroid, capital ship, and/or ground would be very cool.
  • I just want to be able to climb and mount and lean over things, bruh. :'(
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    Battlefield 1 has some great physics that I hope can be translated into this game. Dogfighting is sooo fun in that game, IMHO. Plus we really need the standard vaulting and climbing mechanics in this game.
    Alex64 wrote: »
    The same terrain physics that everyone "love"
    Alvonator wrote: »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!
    VlgXG.gif

We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    Deeper than candy suxxx's *ahem* yeah, that's how deep
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • No more getting stuck on bull ***** all over the map and I'll be good
    1485334528158.png

• No more getting stuck on bull **** all over the map and I'll be good
    1485334528158.png

The only thing they need to do