criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

May the 4th

Replies

• Just out of curiosity, I can't remember, but did they announce anything May 4th 2015? I feel like there was a little something but it's escaping my memory

We all were graced with 4444 credits. No event, no challenge, just credits and a subscription to the jelly of the month club.

I mean 2015, prior to release, not after the game was already released (so we can compare to last time pre-launch)
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, I can't remember, but did they announce anything May 4th 2015? I feel like there was a little something but it's escaping my memory

No less than 4444 credits™ in Battlefront™.
    EDIT: Oh you mean 2015. I can't remember if there was anything.

Would be hard to research as well. If anyone knows, lmk
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, I can't remember, but did they announce anything May 4th 2015? I feel like there was a little something but it's escaping my memory

No less than 4444 credits™ in Battlefront™.
    EDIT: Oh you mean 2015. I can't remember if there was anything.

#TwoSullustWallpapers
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • CISdroid228
    56 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Is Nute Gunray the new Nien Nunb?
  • what is on 4th May??

It's Star Wars day, because people say "May the 4th be with you" since it sounds like "May the force be with you". Haha

ahh okay thx :D
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member

We all were graced with 4444 credits. No event, no challenge, just credits and a subscription to the jelly of the month club.

Yeah, but I don't think that that will happen again this year.

I wouldn't expect any extra XP Credits or anything else at all for EA's Battlefront 1 for this May 4th, since EA/DICE have already said that they're done with the game and won't even pop out anymore patches.
  • 2000sGuy
    6002 posts Member
    -Be with you
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • ROMG4
    4673 posts Member
    Release the original BattleFront on Steam and I will be incredibly happy.

Anyway, now that the Steam Sale has begun I will purchase the last of the remaining Star Wars games that I don't have for only $14.
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    May the 4th be with you, and then it's revenge of the fifth. Revenge of the Sixth works too
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Release the original BattleFront on Steam and I will be incredibly happy.

Anyway, now that the Steam Sale has begun I will purchase the last of the remaining Star Wars games that I don't have for only $14.

Yeah I got most of them through steam at huge discounts as well, but have never seen the original Battlefront. Would be cool if they added it to the collection.
  • ExoSchmo wrote: »
    May the 4th be with you, and then it's revenge of the fifth. Revenge of the Sixth works too

I want a Boba Fett movie announcemnt.
  • ExoSchmo wrote: »

I want a Boba Fett movie announcemnt.

I want an Obi wan trilogy announcement!
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    A whole trilogy? Wow kid, you're really something! I'd be ok with it if Boba got a trilogy as well.
  • Why do people want a Obi Wan movie? What would it be about? Him watching Luke and learning more about the Force from ghost Qui Gon? Now a Boba feat post sarlacc pit would be epic
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Why do people want a Obi Wan movie? What would it be about? Him watching Luke and learning more about the Force from ghost Qui Gon? Now a Boba feat post sarlacc pit would be epic

Because we want to see Ewan Mcgregor as Obi-Wan again, before he gets old. He's cool and he wants to be Obi once again.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I want 4444444444444444 credits.
  • Nothing
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    It's certainly looking that way. :(
  • Whodunnit
    5672 posts Member
    Nah, I'm 96.7% sure they will release the game on May the 4th.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Linge1416
    1567 posts Member
    They might show us something small like a clone trooper model if it's finished.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Whodunnit
    5672 posts Member
    They will release BFII on all platforms. You will see.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    We also got the May the 4th Sieges on Base Command but the game was still being supported then, I'm not expecting anything tomorrow.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Original or 2017?
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    They may reveal a clone trooper image or model on instagram or twitter, to get the fans hyped until E3.
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Nothing

how do you add a gif? what url is the gif its not working when i do it
  • Pratore wrote: »
    Nothing

[.img][/img] just drop the . And it will work
  • Whodunnit
    5672 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    Original or 2017?

November 17 was fake news.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Pratore wrote: »
    Nothing

hmmm, what do you use to make a gif. I use gyazo but its not working. thanks
  • My guess.......
    giphy.gif
  • If May the 4th be with us then what will be revealed for movies, shows or games???
    Also it's not just may the 4th but 40th anniversary of SW. Will we get big reveals?

Hope so.
    "Army or not. You must realize, you are doomed." ~General Grievous
    giphy.gif
  • Pratore wrote: »
    Pratore wrote: »
    Nothing

hmmm, what do you use to make a gif. I use gyazo but its not working. thanks

Ezgif
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    If they fixed the transport glitch I'd poo my pants.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Strange I've never actually experienced that glitch personally.
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member

Ugh it sucks, get the token play as whoever for like 30 seconds than you get teleported to some random place and get changed back to normal infantry with hero star cards that now don't work.
  • bfloo
    17023 posts Member

I never did either.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    bigjay wrote: »

Ugh it sucks, get the token play as whoever for like 30 seconds than you get teleported to some random place and get changed back to normal infantry with hero star cards that now don't work.

I have seen it on youtube so I know it does exist but I play alot and for some reason never had it, does sound annoying.

• bigjay
    787 posts Member

I have seen it on youtube so I know it does exist but I play alot and for some reason never had it, does sound annoying.

It might be a PS4 thing I dont know, but it happened way more frequently in the last month
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I play on PS4. Probably just been lucky.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    4,444 credits....again. :|
  • Stalemate wrote: »

PS4 here. Happened to me about a half dozen times. And I don't play as heroes much so.....sucks for me.
  • Yeah happened to me a couple times. Always on Administrator's Palace. The only remedy is to kill yourself and say goodbye to your hero.
    And as Bania said, I don't get a hero very often so when this happens it is rage inducing.
  • xSha3nx
    340 posts Member
    Mcap wrote: »
    4,444 credits....again. :|

Yup... They still owe me 2 x 4,444 credits... I am still waiting :p
  • A golf clap, parade wave and 10 Brännvalls
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I'm not expecting anything from EA/DICE or any other kind of Star Wars reveal this year on May 4th.

I think that, in regards to the movies or tv shows, the information at Star Wars Celebration is all that's coming.

Also, I don't see EA/DICE giving any bonuses for EA's Battlefront 1, as they have walked away from that game, and don't see EA/DICE sharing anything about EA's Battlefront 2, cause they'll be saving that for EA Play.

So, I'd assume that we'll get nothing on May 4th.
  • Some credits would be nice. Grinding away from the bottom is much more difficult than I recall.
  • Some credits would be nice. Grinding away from the bottom is much more difficult than I recall.

Battlestation is the best mode for leveling up and getting credits, especially if it goes through all three phases. Fighter Squadron is too.
  • ROMG4
    4673 posts Member
    I do hope that the EA Acquisition of the License doesn't mean we won't get any more Star Wars game rereleases.

It would be pretty nice to have Star Wars Podracer and Bounty Hunter as well as many others get eventual rereleases and May The 4th would be a perfect time.
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
  • TK_4328
    72 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    I do hope that the EA Acquisition of the License doesn't mean we won't get any more Star Wars game rereleases.

It would be pretty nice to have Star Wars Podracer and Bounty Hunter as well as many others get eventual rereleases and May The 4th would be a perfect time.

Racer Revenge, Jedi Starfighter, Bounty Hunter, and oddly Super Star Wars have actually already been re-released on PS4 along with Rogue Squadron, Rebel Assault I&II, X-wing, and Tie Fighter being re-released on PC via Steam.
    giphy.gif

• mastery0ta
    6836 posts Member
    Oh I member thiago, I member. Those 4,444 credits really changed my life