criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Can someone clarify this please?

DarthJ
5416 posts Member
I went to ask about the SWBF2 pre orders in osne of the game shops in my city (based in UK) to gauge whether to yet, or which version to get. I got talking about the deluxe edition 3 day early access. Now, the assistant said that I could pre order it, but I wouldn't get early access with the hard copy,as they aren't legally allowed to sell it before the release date, as the deluxe date is down as 17/11 still. He said all retailers do this.

I've never pre ordered for early access before,being an old fart, so how would I get early access with a disc copy of the game? Its plastered everywhere that pre ordering online and in stores gets you early access - is this advertised wrongly? I can't tell whether I'm just being daft or not.

So according to a major game outlet in the UK its digital copies only that get early access....any responses to this are welcome!
41st Forum Fury Battalion Founder PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• Pratore
    653 posts Member
    Best way to fix this is to not preorder the game at all. Still they dont sell hard disk copies before release date, only digital. Just buy it online.
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member
    Pratore wrote: »
    Best way to fix this is to not preorder the game at all. Still they dont sell hard disk copies before release date, only digital. Just buy it online.

Yeah I was waiting on it potentially, cheers mate. Didnt realise it was digital only. If thats the case its advertised on hard copies in stores as 3 day early access.
  • I'd wait for more details. It might only be digital
    CT-5555 was a traitor
    m1eb5iy9b2uy.gif
  • Trooper8059
    10194 posts Member
    Strange. My brother pre-ordered Advanced Warfare for the Day Zero bonus, and he still got his physical copy the day before the normal release.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Pratore wrote: »
    Still they dont sell hard disk copies before release date, only digital. Just buy it online.

This better not be true
    Ec8Iq4h.jpg
  • Laser921
    1733 posts Member
    I preordered online so im getting the three day access, I dont know if hard copies can do it
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Strange. My brother pre-ordered Advanced Warfare for the Day Zero bonus, and he still got his physical copy the day before the normal release.

Edit: did he order it online mate? Or in store?
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »
    I preordered online so im getting the three day access, I dont know if hard copies can do it

Who did you order with if you dont mind me asking?
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Also guessing its a way for games companies to push digital and phase out disc copies.

@Sledgehammer70 can you confirm this? Just so i can see what to do about potential preorder.
    Post edited by DarthJ on
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    Bump because Darth J is my ninja
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member
    dada_shift wrote: »

Do I know you?
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    dada_shift wrote: »

Do I know you?

Oh.. I thought you was someone else I knew
    He's quit the joker.
  • Laser921
    1733 posts Member
    I did it thru EA
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member
    I did it thru EA

Ah right, which links to PS store?
  • Yeah I would guess it's digital only, and as you said, a way to promote digital sales so they don't have the cost of discs/packaging etc.

I used to be a disc only kinda guy but when swbf2015 came out I needed to get that week early access from ea access, so now I do everything digital. Sucks cause I always love cool disc case art, but it also is extremely convenient to be able to switch games without changing discs
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • BucksawBoushh
    3283 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I much prefer the hard copy. Honestly, I'll probably pack in the 3 day early access just so I can have my physical hard copy.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Laser921
    1733 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »
    I did it thru EA

Ah right, which links to PS store?

Yep. I was confused at first because I never done it before. But it came down to, "Well I love Star wars and I'm going to get the game anyway...." so I just went ahead and preordered it.
  • Laser921
    1733 posts Member
    Hope to see you and the 41st on the new battlefield come November @DarthJ
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    I was able to pick up my pre order from GameStop a few days early when I pre ordered a game that had early access. They just had to check my account and see that I have pre ordered and then they gave it to me

• dada_shift
    1730 posts Member

You can can't on that.

We got a lot of events coming
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member

Definitely mate!
  • DarthJ
    5416 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    I was able to pick up my pre order from GameStop a few days early when I pre ordered a game that had early access. They just had to check my account and see that I have pre ordered and then they gave it to me

I'll check a couple of other retailers to see what they do.