criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

May the 4th

Replies

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    Mcap wrote: »
    Agherosh wrote: »

Oh, but DICE gave something. Credits, double XP and a few new Sieges or whatever in the Base Command game.
    Problem is you didn't like the "gift". That's not their problem though.

Pleasing their end users is not their problem? You have gamer Stockholm syndrome.

They gave something as a gift when they aren't forced to do so.
    They GAVE you a gift, if you don't like that gift, it's your problem, others like it.
    They are pleasing some users, it's impossible to please everyone.
    We would all like to know more about the new game, yet they aren't forced to give us anything about the new game.
    At least they gave something, next time maybe they don't give anything at all and people learn to appreciate things more.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member

Oh, but DICE gave something. Credits, double XP and a few new Sieges or whatever in the Base Command game.

Pleasing their end users is not their problem? You have gamer Stockholm syndrome.

They GAVE you a gift, if you don't like that gift, it's your problem, others like it.
    We would all like to know more about the new game, yet they aren't forced to give us anything about the new game.
    At least they gave something, next time maybe they don't give anything at all and people learn to appreciate things more.

Ridiculous line of thinking. Again, we pay them to keep us happy. Need proof? Look at all the changes happening with BF II that are a direct result of the players speaking up about features and changes they want. Looks they do indeed listen (sometimes) when they know the money and player ship is at risk. If no one says anything nothing changes. People like you who lick boots and chastise the fanbase for speaking their mind are the problem.

• Linge1416
    1567 posts Member
    CS2107 wrote: »
    Linge1416 wrote: »
    They might show us something small like a clone trooper model if it's finished.

According to one of the developers the models are ready now, they just weren't for the trailer. They look "awesome" in his opinion. i would actually really like to see them.

Me too too bad we didn't get the chance to see them today. Oh well won't we be seeing some gameplay in about another month?
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Ridiculous line of thinking. Again, we pay them to keep us happy. Need proof? Look at all the changes happening with BF II that are a direct result of the players speaking up about features and changes they want. Looks they do indeed listen (sometimes) when they know the money and player ship is at risk. If no one says anything nothing changes. People like you who lick boots and chastise the fanbase for speaking their mind are the problem.

You have no right to demand them to give something today if they don't want, it's a simple as that.
    They gave something for the last game, some people are enjoying it, if you don't enjoy it, it's your OWN problem.
    You can be dissapointed, but starting to say nonsense or critizice them for giving something free you don't like, it's not the right way.
    Are you paying them right now to demand anything just because it's May 4th? No, you paid for the first game, and they gave you something for the first game.
    When the second game comes out and you pay for it, you can demand them for stuff if you desire.
    Demanding this or that just because what day it is different. If they wanted they could not give players anything at all.

May 4th =/= Forced to do anything, less give info about a new game if they do not want to. They gave something for players who still play the first game, some of those players are enjoying the small stuff they gave us. If you can only cry about things and be ungrateful, again, your own problem.

You can speak your mind all you want, I do all the time. But when someone reaches the point of speaking nonsense because they DEMAND something, it's not "speaking your mind".
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Over the life of this game, for those of us that have been here since launch, the biggest complaint has been the appearance of the lack of effort for a AAA title. A Star Wars title, no less. It hasn't always been a fair criticism, but mostly they have earned the snark they receive.
    So last year, when we got a nice Base Command siege and 4,444 credits the community was upset. Why? Because on a celebration day of all things Star Wars, the players of the only SW game for the current consoles on the market received what can only be interpreted as a "we gotta give you something I guess, so here you go...now leave us alone" type effort.
    I was expecting nothing, because DICE (post release) has consistently delivered underwhelming results. For most everything. For support/fixes, for the last 2 DLC content, for communication and involvement.

You can ignore and disagree with the criticism all you want, but there is a a reason why a large portion of the community still left here participating on the forums still can get salty. Some people have higher expectations for games within the Star Wars franchise.
  • Agherosh wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Necrotard wrote: »
    They're giving double exp. I thought that was awesome. I came here to see how long it would last and all I'm seeing are complaints.
    Gets free credits and people still complain.

PLZ tell me you guys are joking

DICE isnt obligated to give anything today, if they give credits and double XP, people should be grateful, they could easily give nothing at all.

Because that's what we deserve for paying 120.00 for a half finished game.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    They're giving double exp. I thought that was awesome. I came here to see how long it would last and all I'm seeing are complaints.

DICE isnt obligated to give anything today, if they give credits and double XP, people should be grateful, they could easily give nothing at all.

Because that's what we deserve for paying 120.00 for a half finished game.

I paid 40 for a full game, odd.
  • bfloo
    17090 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Guess what we got!
    Yupp.
    4444 credits.

Great, more credits and xp I don't need \o/
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    in the STAR WARS DAY

Star wars GOH , a mobile game : Addition of R2R2 , a fan favorite character , and a huge patch .

Star wars Force arena , another mobile game : gets Badass skins for luke and vader based on early concepts of Ralph McQuarrie .

Star wars battlefront EA , a ''Triple A game (LUL) : Useless 4444 credits .

Star wars battlefront 2 EA , another ''Triple A game'' : Gets literally nothing , not a concept art , not a hero reveal , literally NOTHING .

Yeah , agherosh , we're a bunch of nonsensicals

lets praise DICE for all their hard work , must've been hard to get off the couch and give us these substantial content/News

''THX FOR YOUR HARD WORK LORD DENNIS , DON'T YOU WANT MY WIFE AND MY A$$HOLE TOO?''

5b4053c17d4c674d7d379a97460df444.svg

Again, I don't know how you can't get that they aren't FORCED to release any info about a game that isn't OUT yet.

It's not EA Play, It's May 4th. They aren't forced to give you any info if they don't want to, I'd love to see some info, but if we don't, we don't. They aren't obligated to show info the same way you aren't obligated to buy their games.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Why are you even here if you hate them so much, all you do is complain.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    No reveals?
  • Stalemate wrote: »

Star Wars. It's why any of us are here.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    What about Disney and LucasArts news? Forget that EA nonsense already. Let's see what the big boys have to say.

No, I'm just here for the Clone Warz arguments actually.
  • What about Disney and LucasArts news? Forget that EA nonsense already. Let's see what the big boys have to say.

The Last Jedi pics later
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    You people would seriously die waiting for into of a Rockstar game.
    DICE gave us 10 times more info that you would get from Rockstar, yet you still cry about "Why are we not getting infoooo"
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Linge1416
    1567 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

It's treason then!
    dq8iS1t.gif
    DICE gave us 10 times more info that you would get from Rockstar, yet you still cry about "Why are we not getting infoooo"

Because it's Star Wars day? News and info normally come on Star Wars day because it's Star Wars day

Wait......wait for it..........

MOAR CLONE WARZ!!™
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    Wars The Black Series 40th Anniversary Legacy Pack (link: http://ift.tt/2pugrsd)
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    edited May 2017

10X0 = 0

Really? 0?
    You know there's upgradeable classes, upgradeable heroes, upgradeable ships, 3 eras, Space battles, Campaign, New resource system, no more vehicle/hero tokens, weapon customization, you've seen artwork, Darth Maul confirmed, Yoda confirmed, Rey confirmed, Kylo Ren confirmed, Luke confirmed, Theed, Kamino, Tatooine, Mos Eisley, Yavin IV, Starkiller base, more weapons, heroes, planets, there's skins for heroes.

Make yourself a favor, learn to count.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2

For many of us, who have unlocked everything and have more credits than we'll ever be able to spend (currently 2.8m), more credits mean absolutely nothing. Good deal for those who need the credits though.

But that's still not their problem, they aren't forced to give anything, so people getting annoyed to not get anything or get credits/XP is not reasonable.

'Give' anything? You realize they aren't actually giving anything beyond imaginary money, right? They haven't opened their actual wallets for us, beyond paying the programmer for 20 minutes of his time to change the multiplier in the code.

The only actual money exchanged has gone the other direction; from our pockets to theirs.

As someone has put actual money in their pockets, I might've voted for a patch and bug fixes instead of more imaginary money.

For many of us, who have unlocked everything and have more credits than we'll ever be able to spend (currently 2.8m), more credits mean absolutely nothing. Good deal for those who need the credits though.

But that's still not their problem, they aren't forced to give anything, so people getting annoyed to not get anything or get credits/XP is not reasonable.

It's not only May The 4th but the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars. You'd think for the current flagship game that there'd be more than a pittance worth of credits.

It doesn't matter what it is or if it's May 4th or the 40th Anniversary. We would all like new info and footage, or XP, credits whatever.

Thing is they DON'T have to do anything if they didn't want to. They aren't forced to. They gave players ingame credits and XP, the day isn't over yet anyway. But if they only want to give that, they have the right to do so.

Yes. They do have that right.

And we have the right to say.....uh....thanks.

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    No reveals?

Doesn't seem like it for now.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    No nothing yet.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I'm not bootlicking I just honestly like the game and don't enjoy being negative 100% of the time.
  • DarthJ
    7081 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    DarthJ wrote: »
    As much as I would like to see something, I'm sorry but this is where this community makes itself toxic. A suggestion/hope seems to turn into something everyone believes and then hypes themselves up over, only to be disappointed. Then everyone thinks negatively of the game etc.

Look at the May 4th and clone wars series threads for examples.

Its not like its just the STAR WARS DAY

its not like GOH , a mobile game , is getting a fan favorite character and a huge patch .

yeah , we're toxic for expecting something of relevance .

I just don't get the whole hyping everyone up. We know they won't show anything. Just be realistic.

The key word is expecting. Why when there hasnt been word or anything said that they would.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    It's also the 40th anniversary of SW.
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    Difference is GOH is still making money and this game is not.
  • DarthJ
    7081 posts Member
    It's also the 40th anniversary of SW.

I get that. But DICE have done negligible stuff in the past for this why would they change.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    Yeah, at this point I just want a film reveal or more SW news.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    Anyone has spare 1.5 million usd to burn?

You have no right to demand them to give something today if they don't want, it's a simple as that.

Well....they do have some of my hard-earned money....so I'd like to think I have 'some' right to speak up.

On May 3rd and before, I've made requests for:
    -Glitch patches (hero teleport, anyone?)
    -Tweaks to spawn points to prevent spawn killing (Carbon Freezing Chamber, anyone?)

Tomorrow, May 5th, I'll make requests for:
    -Tweaks to spawn points to prevent spawn killing (Carbon Freezing Chamber, anyone?)

Not gonna lie: It would've been SO COOL to get those simple items on May 4th of all days. Am I surprised it didn't happen? Not for a second. The writing's been on the wall for a long time now. I get it. Most of us do.

You'll have to forgive me for feeling so entitled and thinking "Meh...." in regards to receiving 4k credits.

• Agherosh
    1092 posts Member

Well....they do have some of my hard-earned money....so I'd like to think I have 'some' right to speak up.

Not gonna lie: It would've been SO COOL to get those simple items on May 4th of all days. Am I surprised it didn't happen? Not for a second. The writing's been on the wall for a long time now. I get it. Most of us do.

You'll have to forgive me for feeling so entitled and thinking "Meh...." in regards to receiving 4k credits.

It's not about wanting, we all want things, I'd love fixes and new info.

But you said the magic word. You requested. People are demanding new info like it's something they are forced to do.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2

And really, no one has demanded anything. Most of us know what to expect from DICE. But the good companies, the ones that build up credibility with their customers, give players reasons to keep coming back. It's called effort. Some make that effort and are rewarded with a loyal fanbase. Some don't, and get criticized.
    Ultimately, it is apparent that DICE isn't all that crazy and passionate about Star Wars like the rest of us are.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »

...which needs to be discussed in 15 different threads each day because we have yet to discover who does and doesn't want what in the game

I'm just ready for real news and not the typical "Clone Wars, Please" irrelevant threads
  • So, it's 4444 credits and an XP? Or no XP?
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    I want them to shown a clone trooper today
  • Agherosh
    1092 posts Member
    So, it's 4444 credits and an XP? Or no XP?

4444 credits, 4x XP boost and new sieges or wtv in the Base Command game, for now.
    #TipleeTiplarForBF2
  • dada_shift
    1730 posts Member

I'll sell you a replica for half that
  • ROMG4
    4726 posts Member

I'll take your $1.4 Million Darth Vader mask and raise you a gold $1.5 Million Godzilla.

godzilla.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg
    So, it's 4444 credits and an XP? Or no XP?

4444 credits, 4x XP boost and new sieges or wtv in the Base Command game, for now.

Oh man I hope that 4XP extends past today. Busy all day, but I need those credits desperately.
  • Bossk2262
    255 posts Member
    happy may 4th! may the 4th be with you lol
    Number: CT-1163

Name: Carbine

212th Battalion

#finishTCW

• Whodunnit
    5672 posts Member
    Okay, so since DICE has failed it's my duty now to reveal 4 Heroes.
    Ready? So along with the already officially confirmed iconic™ Heroes including Yoda, Darth Maul, Kylo Ren, Rey, Luke and Han, I have 4 another to intruduce to you:
    Star-Wars-Darth-Vader-Wallpaper.jpg
    Star-Wars-7-Rumor-Emperor-Returning.jpg
    Boba-Fett-Stawars-silo-902491.png
    Princess+Leia+1.jpg
    May the 4th be with you!
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • ROMG4
    4726 posts Member
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    Bring OOM-9, Hondo, Bo Katan, Mara Jade, Dengar, IG-88, Greedo, Zam Wessel General Veers, Tarkin and Rogue One, into the game we must. The way this is
    Tell Me. Have You Ever Heard Of The Tragedy Of Darth Coyler The Wise?
    A OOM-9 Thread!
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/152598/the-oom-9-vs-jar-jar-season

Episode 9's Ending
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/15/zs312vl0xftg.jpeg