criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Turning Point - Make It Right. Make It Pure.

Prev1
BucksawBoushh
4896 posts Member
edited May 2017
I think Battlefront II needs a mode that is purely infantry based. No Heroes, no vehicles, no turrets, no power-ups etc. Strictly blasters and whatever other arsenal comes with your class. Sometimes I don't want to deal with ATST campers or T-47 strafers all game. I just want a straight forward, hardcore infantry only mode that relies on good gunplay and pushing an objective as a squad.

Turning Point was SO CLOSE to being that in this past Battlefront. But, they added vehicles. If you haven't noticed, a lot of the competitive Private Matches and even the casual Community Events are structured this way. No (or very limited) cards, no vehicle pick ups and strictly blasters. I would love to see DICE/EA tweak this mode for the next game. Get rid of the vehicles and power ups (or however these will work in BFII) so it's exclusively blasters and objective play.

I honestly think that if done right, this mode would end up being one of the most popular in Battlefront II. I see a lot of the same names in Turning Point, and I presume it's for a similar reason. It's a relatively simple mode, with minimal vehicles and no Heroes. Nothing but your blaster and an objective.

DICE/EA. Please, consider this mode. The Community will thank you.
PSN: BucksawBoushh

Replies

• Yes turning point needs to be pure infantry
  • BucksawBoushh
    4896 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    A thread that is actually useful for making a better Battlefront. Going to do what I never do and tag all of you in this.

@TheVestalViking @FireWall @Sledgehammer70

• bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    I don't mind the power ups so much, but vehicles should go.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• TimothyTheFirst_
    195 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I've been thinking the same thing for a looooong time.

i don't mind the powerups and star cards and stuff but i hate having vehicles in turning point.

I play turning point by far the most of any game mode because i hate running into heroes go who 150-0 in games when you can't even communicate with your team mates enough to take them down unless you're in a party with your friends. and then the people who get heroes and spawn camp ruin the game even if you are in a party.

but then there's times in turning point where the same thing happens, someone gets an airspeeder or an at-st and nobody can communicate enough to take it down or get the token to get a vehicle to counter it.

i played a game a while back, it was turning point on survivors of endor and someone had an at-st just wrecking the whole rebel team as soon as we spawned in because the spawn point on endor is just that one little corner.

but even if they fix the other things that cause problems I'd still like infantry-only turning point. or at least an option for it in a server browser. even on other mixed-combat games i tend to play the infantry only modes a lot (like domination on battlefield) because they're just fun to me. and I assume they're fun to a lot of other people.
  • I've been thinking the same thing for a looooong time.

i don't mind the powerups and star cards and stuff but i hate having vehicles in turning point.

I play turning point by far the most of any game mode because i hate running into heroes go who 150-0 in games when you can't even communicate with your team mates enough to take them down unless you're in a party with your friends. and then the people who get heroes and spawn camp ruin the game even if you are in a party.

Just imagine a battlefront without heroes
    the dream
    tenor.gif
  • BucksawBoushh
    4896 posts Member
    edited May 2017

the dream
    tenor.gif

This Turning Point mode may be as close as we get. Hopefully the Devs look at this. Anybody got a phone number or something? I'll shoot em a text.
  • Yes, an infantry-only mode would be great. I don't mind the pickups but would like to see the percentage of thermal imploder pickups reduced. No heroes or vehicles.

To add to that, it'd be nice to have a blaster-only Blast mode that randomly happens.

the dream
    tenor.gif

i mean i would leave heroes in for some modes... just not turning point.

ideally there would just be a server browser and heroes would be optional for all of the modes (except HvV, obviously)

the dream
    tenor.gif

i mean i would leave heroes in for some modes...

msXPpt.gif

the dream
    tenor.gif

I do sometimes miss the days of the first Battlefront where there was no playable heroes. I also like Turning Point due to the fact that I don't have to worry about getting slaughtered by the heroes. Soldier only modes would definitely be a good way to keep both groups of people happy.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • WodiQuix
    4537 posts Member
    I'd love that! Turning Point is very fun!

the dream
    tenor.gif

I do sometimes miss the days of the first Battlefront where there was no playable heroes. I also like Turning Point due to the fact that I don't have to worry about getting slaughtered by the heroes. Soldier only modes would definitely be a good way to keep both groups of people happy.

Hero players don't deserve to be happy, all heroes should be removed
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I love turning point just how it is. The fact that while playing in a snowspeeder ur only threat is the infantry. Really changes the gameplay on both sides.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member

the dream
    tenor.gif

tumblr_mv4j9iNPsq1sigt9xo1_500.gif
  • Jrob122 wrote: »

the dream
    tenor.gif

tumblr_mv4j9iNPsq1sigt9xo1_500.gif

d18bbc28d2ab28e7688c53a5dae9390a_randy-orton-punched-in-the-nuts-by-fan-at-wwe-live-event-cape-randy-orton-meme-face_424-318.png
  • Turning Point is definitely my favourite mode as it is stripped of all the ships and heroes. I don't mind that AT-STs vs. Speeders are involved, but I also enjoy when neither show up, like in the beginning of some of the maps.

I like destroying speeders as an imperial but there is not much reward. Your trait doesn't go up from doing damage, frustrated players suicide when you're close to killing, or they fly behind something and wait to exit.

So if Turning Point does return as it is, I would like to see more incentive to be an anti-air trooper.
  • SAmulticore
    3322 posts Member
    +100 hues
  • Just imagine a battlefront without heroes

Sounds awful.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Just imagine a battlefront without heroes

Sounds awful.
    why
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    thiago2103 wrote: »

Sounds awful.
    why

Because heroes are the best part of battlefront

• thiago2103 wrote: »

Sounds awful.
    why

Because heroes are the best part of battlefront
    I see you are beyond saving :pensive:
  • BucksawBoushh
    4896 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    No vehicles in Turning Point. They have to go :# This one mode has the potential to change lives.
  • EA, don't limit us to your canned one-size-fits-all game modes, then use the resulting lackluster player population as an excuse for why alternative ways to play certain game modes can't be offered. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Want to build a true following for this game with a robust and ever growing player population? Give us a server browser and the ability to host, (extensively) configure and police our own servers in addition to your matchmaking. Allow your customers to build their own sandbox to play in. Thanks in advance!
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    Turning point was my favorite mode
  • LERXST wrote: »

Do you like the changes I've proposed? All infantry.
  • tommytom64
    1087 posts Member
    I would love to see Turning Point transformed into a greater and grander mode, much like Operations from Battlefield 1, which is pretty similar to Turning Point in terms of gameplay. Either fighting across multiple planets or start in space and touch down on the planet. And while Operations does indeed involve vehicles, I suppose I could be down for new Turning Point to being more infantry focused.

...just another reason to have a server browser and custom servers though. So server admins could hypothetically enable/disable these settings. Just saying. :*
  • JackTHorn
    3634 posts Member
    I really like the current turning point mode comments one of my favorites. I agree though that it would be even better if they didn't have vehicles. Seems like both the AT-STs and the snowspeeders always end up spawn-camping when some lame cheap player gets ahold of them.
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member

the dream
    tenor.gif

But the heroes were my favorite part!
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    This is a a great idea, doesn't necessarily have to be Turning point an option to play any mode with no Star Cards etc would be a great experience.
  • LERXST
    853 posts Member
    LERXST wrote: »

Do you like the changes I've proposed? All infantry.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it at all. I'll enjoy it either way
  • Laser921
    1871 posts Member
    I agree, TP with only infantry would be fun and remove annoying walkers or speeder strafers
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    DeFaLt17 wrote: »

the dream
    tenor.gif

Don't listen to that LOSER!
  • TP was / is the best example of poor modes decision by DICE . Drop the Vehicles it becomes a big winner. ..RARELY play it these days ....was my most favourite mode before it became vehicle camper mode and I cannot be **** to be the only anti air infantry guy
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    Vehicles make it more interesting though
  • I think Battlefront II needs a mode that is purely infantry based. No Heroes, no vehicles, no turrets, no power-ups etc. Strictly blasters and whatever other arsenal comes with your class. Sometimes I don't want to deal with ATST campers or T-47 strafers all game. I just want a straight forward, hardcore infantry only mode that relies on good gunplay and pushing an objective as a squad.

Turning Point was SO CLOSE to being that in this past Battlefront. But, they added vehicles. If you haven't noticed, a lot of the competitive Private Matches and even the casual Community Events are structured this way. No (or very limited) cards, no vehicle pick ups and strictly blasters. I would love to see DICE/EA tweak this mode for the next game. Get rid of the vehicles and power ups (or however these will work in BFII) so it's exclusively blasters and objective play.

I honestly think that if done right, this mode would end up being one of the most popular in Battlefront II. I see a lot of the same names in Turning Point, and I presume it's for a similar reason. It's a relatively simple mode, with minimal vehicles and no Heroes. Nothing but your blaster and an objective.

DICE/EA. Please, consider this mode. The Community will thank you.

Turning Point is in my top 3 favorite modes.

Pure infantry, with just you and your weapons/abilities would honestly be so fun.
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• TP was / is the best example of poor modes decision by DICE . Drop the Vehicles it becomes a big winner. ..RARELY play it these days ....was my most favourite mode before it became vehicle camper mode and I cannot be **** to be the only anti air infantry guy

So. Many. Vehicle. Campers.
  • I love this idea!!!! TP without vehicles would be glorious. I could go with or without the pickups but keep the class loadouts. This mode would make people pto. Great idea
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »

the dream
    tenor.gif

I think he's alright B)
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    Jrob122 wrote: »

the dream
    tenor.gif

I think he's alright B)

Just alright?????
    IllegalImpartialGannet.gif
  • Are you two flirting in my thread?

tenor.gif

I seldom have that much of an issue with the vehicles. If the air speeders are getting too strafe happy I usually hop in an AT-ST and remove them from the equation. The quick recharge on the homing rockets makes the AT-ST an excellent anti air platform. Additionally, AT-STs, while annoying, are hardly invincible.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

I seldom have that much of an issue with the vehicles. If the air speeders are getting too strafe happy I usually hop in an AT-ST and remove them from the equation. The quick recharge on the homing rockets makes the AT-ST an excellent anti air platform. Additionally, AT-STs, while annoying, are hardly invincible.

ATST's don't do ISH against the T47's. Yeah, the refresh is quick, but it's painfully easy to dodge a lock on from an ATST. I've been playing TP all night, and no, the ATST doesn't do jack against the Air Speeders.
  • Laser921
    1871 posts Member
    TP was / is the best example of poor modes decision by DICE . Drop the Vehicles it becomes a big winner. ..RARELY play it these days ....was my most favourite mode before it became vehicle camper mode and I cannot be **** to be the only anti air infantry guy

ATST's don't do ISH against the T47's. Yeah, the refresh is quick, but it's painfully easy to dodge a lock on from an ATST. I've been playing TP all night, and no, the ATST doesn't do jack against the Air Speeders.

I dont know about that, ive downed my fair share of speed ers with missiles/cannons and itwworks until they kamikaze you (and I hate that!)
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • By the time I lock on I've usually got a Turret on me or I've been taken down to 5 health from a Disruptor or Rocket. Must just be me..
  • Laser921
    1871 posts Member
    Anyone else get problem where something's locked onto you and you cant for your life find it?
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    Laser921 wrote: »
    Anyone else get problem where something's locked onto you and you cant for your life find it?

Sometimes that happens to me.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Sure you do because there is always an empty AtSt about