criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Everything Ahsoka and Ventress

Replies

• BucksawBoushh
    5480 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    2. OT - Rogue One. Tons that they can still take from this film.
    People have apparently said that Rogue One is confirmed? Unless it was an elaborate joke

I heard something about people getting some off camera confirmation for rogue one at the previous event

I heard that as well. Other than forum posts, I've heard/read/seen nothing on it.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    If they do DLC's, there should be 4 of them.

1. PT - Not Rebels or TCW content from the television series. It should be content from the Prequel Trilogy. Wasn't everybody roaring about the abundance of PT content before we knew it was being added to BFII? Now there is apparently not enough and they need to pull it from the animated shows? Make up your minds.
    3. ST - The Last Jedi
    4. ST - Episode 9

Yes, more attention will and should be given to the ST. Sorry, but the reality is they'll use this game to hype the ST. As they should do. Because, you know, it's a business and making money is mildly important?

The uproar was that there is lots of content from the prequel ERA, not just the movies. I would know. We said Clone wars for battlefront, which means content ranging from the whole era, not prequels for Battlefront

Also why should anything get the focus? It does not seem logical to introduce all 3 eras only to focus on one. No im not saying pt should get ghe focus but of all things the unfinished trilogy? They cant focus on one movie and most of ep 8 will be locked behind confidentiality just like R1 was. Also how the heck is Episode 9 going to be a dlc
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

1. PT - Not Rebels or TCW content from the television series. It should be content from the Prequel Trilogy. Wasn't everybody roaring about the abundance of PT content before we knew it was being added to BFII? Now there is apparently not enough and they need to pull it from the animated shows? Make up your minds.
    3. ST - The Last Jedi
    4. ST - Episode 9

Yes, more attention will and should be given to the ST. Sorry, but the reality is they'll use this game to hype the ST. As they should do. Because, you know, it's a business and making money is mildly important?

The uproar was that there is lots of content from the prequel ERA, not just the movies. I would know. We said Clone wars for battlefront, which means content ranging from the whole era, not prequels for Battlefront

Also why should anything get the focus? It does not seem logical to introduce all 3 eras only to focus on one. No im not saying pt should get ghe focus but of all things the unfinished trilogy? They cant focus on one movie and most of ep 8 will be locked behind confidentiality just like R1 was. Also how the heck is Episode 9 going to be a dlc
    2000sGuy wrote: »

3. ST - The Last Jedi
    4. ST - Episode 9

Support for Battlefront 2 would most likely end by the time Episode 9 releases, heck, a third Battlefront would probably be released by then for all we know.
  • CloneAssassin501
    1828 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Landeaux wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »
    There's a long list of Jedi that Ahsoka need to beat to get into the game.

Not really. Just Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, and Windu. Plo-Koon or Ki-Adi Mundi could be added as an optional choice after Windu, but that's not that many people to pass up.

Doesn't need to beat Luke?

No, he's not a Clone Wars era Jedi.
    There's a long list of Jedi that Ahsoka need to beat to get into the game.

Some have already claimed her to be the best

I could do without Qui-Gon and Aayla isn't important.
    I am not those people.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Aylaa is in the prequel movies, Ahsoka is not.

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Ahsoka is a more developed character than Aayla.
    Ahsoka > Aayla.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka
    I genuinely do not understand this logic. You want an underdeveloped character as a hero soley because she is in the background of a movie for a few seconds just so you do not have to have a character that is developed and has a fanbase but didnt hapeen to be in a movie?

I understand not wanting eu characters over people like Mace, but there is most certainly a line where that stops, and it stops after people like Mace and Padme, maybe even Plo, Kit, and Ki Adi. But dont act like you will be sad if Barris is not in the game.

I mean personally i wont be terribly upset if eu content does not come, but i think a lot of us just dont understand this logic. To say Battlefront is only about the movies is flat out false (Shadow Trooper, Shock Trooper, Emperor's sentinel droid, Bo rifle, Blurrg pistol, All of Inferno squadron, Iden's droid from rebels, etc, etc)

Could someone explain the stamdpoint to me? Please
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    CW is the definitive version of the prequel era. Everything you want is in CW. The movies are just it's introduction. Ahsoka and Ventress are pretty vicious force users.

Everything you want is in it. If they were just doing Clone Wars then they wouldn't have said prequel. That means no Maul. Please stop trying to make this game Star Wars Battlefront II The Clone Wars

Maul is in the CW show.

I'm done
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Ahsoka and Ventress would add more style to the mix. You have your regular Jedis like Windu, Kit Fisto and then the full on offensive ones like Ahsoka and Ventess. The more the better.

Do you really think they're going to add Kit Fisto? Lol. I'm not trying to single you out but why do people think they're going to pile on with all the Clone Wars characters?

You do realise Kit Fisto was in the movies? And is the most recognisable Jedi after the big guns? Hes on a par with Ki-Adi Mundi to me.

I do. Name me some interesting facts about him that you didn't have to look up. What makes him interesting? Exactly

If we take older material, he was quite cool, comptenent and unique with his abilities.

In newer canon he stood up to Grievous and almost beat him.

Also, we had Bossk, Dengar and Nien numb in the first game who were uknown, useless characters in the movies, so that argument flies right out the window.
    A better argument against his inclusion is that the Force users must be balanced so we cant have too many Jedi.

I don't know him well so I can't make a judgement on his "coolness" but this game isn't CW; CW is 1/3 of the prequels. They're not going to dig at the bottom of the barrel from Clone Wars to get heroes. It makes no sense to add these secondary characters. It also isn't realistic to believe that they'll make them
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    CW is the definitive version of the prequel era. Everything you want is in CW. The movies are just it's introduction. Ahsoka and Ventress are pretty vicious force users.

Everything you want is in it. If they were just doing Clone Wars then they wouldn't have said prequel. That means no Maul. Please stop trying to make this game Star Wars Battlefront II The Clone Wars

Maul is in the CW show.

I'm done
    Ahsoka and Ventress would add more style to the mix. You have your regular Jedis like Windu, Kit Fisto and then the full on offensive ones like Ahsoka and Ventess. The more the better.

Do you really think they're going to add Kit Fisto? Lol. I'm not trying to single you out but why do people think they're going to pile on with all the Clone Wars characters?

You do realise Kit Fisto was in the movies? And is the most recognisable Jedi after the big guns? Hes on a par with Ki-Adi Mundi to me.

I do. Name me some interesting facts about him that you didn't have to look up. What makes him interesting? Exactly

If we take older material, he was quite cool, comptenent and unique with his abilities.

Also, we had Bossk, Dengar and Nien numb in the first game who were uknown, useless characters in the movies, so that argument flies right out the window.
    A better argument against his inclusion is that the Force users must be balanced so we cant have too many Jedi.

I don't know him well so I can't make a judgement on his "coolness" but this game isn't CW; CW is 1/3 of the prequels. They're not going to dig at the bottom of the barrel from Clone Wars to get heroes. It makes no sense to add these secondary characters. It also isn't realistic to believe that they'll make them

Again, Kit Fisto was in the movies same as all the aforementioned characters.
    He was actually shown fighting as opposed to all the others
    He was a member of the Jedi high council,much more significcant than random mercenaries or co-pilots.

Again, I dont demand nor believe they will add him necesarily.
    I just showthat the reasons you mentioned arent really valid.

Maul is in the CW show.

I'm done

Nien Numb is well known.

Bossk and Dengar were in one of the movies in the OT.

So is Kit Fisto.
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka
    I genuinely do not understand this logic. You want an underdeveloped character as a hero soley because she is in the background of a movie for a few seconds just so you do not have to have a character that is developed and has a fanbase but didnt hapeen to be in a movie?

I understand not wanting eu characters over people like Mace, but there is most certainly a line where that stops, and it stops after people like Mace and Padme, maybe even Plo, Kit, and Ki Adi. But dont act like you will be sad if Barris is not in the game.

I mean personally i wont be terribly upset if eu content does not come, but i think a lot of us just dont understand this logic. To say Battlefront is only about the movies is flat out false (Shadow Trooper, Shock Trooper, Emperor's sentinel droid, Bo rifle, Blurrg pistol, All of Inferno squadron, Iden's droid from rebels, etc, etc)

The same way I don't understand "Why you ask tv series characters" logic.

Um Maybe because if there is room for more it can added as extra content. It is all Star Wars
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    It isn't valid to say that Clone Wars isn't the prequels or all of Star Wars so stop asking for secondary characters? Why not add the Wookie that was with Chewie and Yoda in ROTS? It's in a movie and he fought. Why not add Max Rebo? He's in the movie and witnessed a fight.
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Um Maybe because if there is room for more it can added as extra content. It is all Star Wars

Try to understand that 3x content isn't content x 3, so it would receive the same number of heroes in SWBII

And the answer to my original question of why you dont want eu characters is...
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Aylaa > Ahsoka

This.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Try to understand that 3x content isn't content x 3, so it would receive the same number of heroes in SWBII

3x content doesn't mean only Clone Wars and Rebels
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    3x content could be sp campaign and extra classes. Each class would have their own tiers and items. Then it could also mean more heroes or a mix of everything. 3x everything would be something else though but they never said that.
    It isn't valid to say that Clone Wars isn't the prequels or all of Star Wars so stop asking for secondary characters?
    Clone wars isnt all of the Prequels but it is the biggest and most integral part of it.
    Phantom Menace at best offers 1-2 heroes (Qui-gonn, Maul) and a planet (Naboo).

If at some point in time DICE wants to make DLC , CW can offer more variety in weapons,vehicles,planets and characters.
    Why not add the Wookie that was with Chewie and Yoda in ROTS? It's in a movie and he fought. Why not add Max Rebo? He's in the movie and witnessed a fight.

Dude, people usually ask for characters that had something going for them, either some unique and interesting appearance, trait or had appeared in Expanded material so we got to see them in action at least.
    Not the best comparison.

Again all these characters, (Kit Fisto etc etc), are secondary to all the mains and people know it.
    They just wish for them in extra content.

Maul is in the CW show.

I'm done

Nien Numb is well known.

Bossk and Dengar were in one of the movies in the OT.

So is Kit Fisto.

I was talking about Ahsoka.

Kit Fisto > Ahsoka(to be in SWBII)

Sorry, wasnt too clear :p
    Well, I dont mind either way.

Aylaa > Ahsoka

No, but who's to say they can't be part of that additional content along with stuff from the prequel films and Episode 8? Not necessarily at launch, but as DLC there is absolutely no legitimate argument for excluding TCW and Rebels from consideration. I'm not saying I think it's absolutely going to happen, but to say it's unlikely is making quite an assumption based on no evidence, and saying it shouldn't happen reeks of snobbery and pretentiousness.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

No, but who's to say they can't be part of that additional content along with stuff from the prequel films and Episode 8? Not necessarily at launch, but as DLC there is absolutely no legitimate argument for excluding TCW and Rebels from consideration. I'm not saying I think it's absolutely going to happen, but to say it's unlikely is making quite an assumption based on no evidence, and saying it shouldn't happen reeks of snobbery and pretentiousness.

Read the description of the game. It says multiplayer from the prequels, original trilogy, and new era. We all know that means TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TFA, and TLJ.
  • BucksawBoushh
    5480 posts Member
    edited May 2017

3. ST - The Last Jedi
    4. ST - Episode 9

All you do is twist your points to fit whatever you're arguing about at the time or whatever it is you're demanding be included in the next game. More of the same. Blah. Boring.

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Read the description of the game. It says multiplayer from the prequels, original trilogy, and new era. We all know that means TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TFA, and TLJ.

Which have more than enough content to fulfill a rich and substantial experience
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

This isn't about if i want something or not, this is about what's reasonable to be added

• 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

They wont tell you the DLCs and what is to come in a little description. The description of BF2015 didnt say "immerse yourself im battles from the original star wars trilogy, amd Rogue one and The Force Awakens".

Again, this is a vague description of a game that has only releases one trailer and very little info. Something that i am glad that will most likely be cleared by EA Play. Even @Sledgehammer70 said there is no offical word on this topic, so it is not decomfirmed
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Which have more than enough content to fulfill a rich and substantial experience

And ROGUE ONE!
  • Jaden_Korrr
    431 posts Member
    edited May 2017

Aylaa > Ahsoka

If they do include tv show content here is how I see them doing it to maximize profits :
    The iconic locations from the movies will be mixed with the ones from the show.

Each DLC will feature some location or hero from the movies that everyone recognises along with some tv show content that fewer know but still like. (eg. Utapau-Mandalore, Yavin 4-Lothal)
    That way each DLC can have enough content to justify its price while also having content that appeals to most fans.

Whereas a DLC solely based on Clone Wars heroes and locations that many are unaware of wouldnt sell as well.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

They wont tell you the DLCs and what is to come in a little description. The description of BF2015 didnt say "immerse yourself im battles from the original star wars trilogy, amd Rogue one and The Force Awakens".

Again, this is a vague description of a game that has only releases one trailer and very little info. Something that i am glad that will most likely be cleared by EA Play. Even @Sledgehammer70 said there is no offical word on this topic, so it is not decomfirmed

They told us it was going to be OT only and, low and behold, it was only OT DLC afterwsrds.
    Just wait for June 10 to tell us more
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

This isn't about if i want something or not, this is about what's reasonable to be added

So now the stance is shifting? A few weeks ago it was "I dont like those characters, there is enough in the movies" and now it's "It is not reasonable to add EU stuff for DLCs?"
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

If they do include tv show content here is how I see them doing it to maximize profits :
    The iconic locations from the movies will be mixed with the ones from the show.

Each DLC will feature some location or hero from the movies that everyone recognises along with some tv show content that fewer know but still like.
    That way each DLC can have enough content to justify its price while also having content that appeals to most fans.

Whereas a DLC solely based on Clone Wars heroes and locations that many are unaware of wouldnt sell as well.

Like I've said, I can't care less as long as substantial characters aren't omitted again
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

They told us it was going to be OT only and, low and behold, it was only OT DLC afterwsrds.

Jakku was in the Original Trilogy? And Scarif was in the Original Trilogy?

Clearly this bickering is pointless and i am going to just agree to disagree. So yea, let's just wait till June 10 and hopefully this crud will be cleared up
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Of course the base game is going to be episodic movie-centric. Virtually every single person that has requested animated show content recognizes this fact. Nobody thinks that show content is going to be in the base game, which is what all of that marketing stuff is referring to. They advertised the first game as being focused on the original trilogy movies; that sure as heck didn't stop DICE from throwing Rogue One in there later, which is not an episodic film. Same situation here.

I see no reason for you and others to come in and $#!+ on anybody who wants this content every single effing time somebody brings it up. Is there nothing else for you to argue about? Did these cartoon shows kill your dog or something?
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Clearly this bickering is pointless and i am going to just agree to disagree. So yea, let's just wait till June 10 and hopefully this crud will be cleared up

Do you not understand that they're pinning RO into OT because it literally ends where ANH starts??
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Do you not understand that they're pinning RO into OT because it literally ends where ANH starts??

And do you understand The Clone Wars tv show takes place in between Episode 2 and 3? The fact that it was animated means nothing
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

So now the stance is shifting? A few weeks ago it was "I dont like those characters, there is enough in the movies" and now it's "It is not reasonable to add EU stuff for DLCs?"

How about you give her an explanation as to why it should be in the game besides the "you want less content" excuse. Explain how they will add all of these characters and maps if they're said to be adding a substantial amount of new content. Name characters that must be added before those tv show characters. Also take into account reality that they're not going to have 40+ characters
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

the only thing unreasonable here, it's the fact that you are asking character DLCs instead to ask a good game with nice mechanics.

Bruh what is this supposed to mean? Are you gonna flip out on someone who request IG88 for not also mentioning Good Mechanics?

Ok, i want good mechanics and good extra content
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

Aylaa > Ahsoka

And The Clone Wars is right in the middle of Episodes II and III. By your logic, adding TCW is just as justified as adding RO.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

And do you understand The Clone Wars tv show takes place in between Episode 2 and 3? The fact that it was animated means nothing

I'll refer you back to the game description. Every Star Wars fan knows that when they say prequel trilogy, they mean Ep 1, 2, and 3, when they say original trilogy they mean Ep 4, 5, and 6, and when they say sequel trilogy they mean Ep 7, 8, and 9. The tv shows are not based as a trilogy movie and TCW is not based as a trilogy movie.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

And The Clone Wars is right in the middle of Episodes II and III. By your logic, adding TCW is just as justified as adding RO.

Trilogy means three. Trilogy is referring to The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith. Where was TCW listed in the previous statement?
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    These arguments are so stu-pid . We aren't going to change anyone's minds so might as well just stop talking about it. just wait for June 10th
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

How about you give her an explanation as to why it should be in the game besides the "you want less content" excuse. Explain how they will add all of these characters and maps if they're said to be adding a substantial amount of new content. Name characters that must be added before those tv show characters. Also take into account reality that they're not going to have 40+ characters

Ummm im sure if you read some previous comments you will know. Its pretty obvious actually. But for now i will wait till June 10 and take the Devs' word and not anyone else's
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Trilogy means three. Trilogy is referring to The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith. Where was TCW listed in the previous statement?

Rogue One isn't a trilogy movie and they still added it to the last game as DLC. Don't play dumb with me.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Rogue One isn't a trilogy movie and they still added it to the last game as DLC. Don't play dumb with me.

Do you really believe that they wouldn't pass up the opportunity to take advantage of a new movie? It's called marketing. It's the same thing they'll do with TLJ
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member

Aylaa > Ahsoka

Do you really believe that they wouldn't pass up the opportunity to take advantage of a new movie? It's called marketing. It's the same thing they'll do with TLJ

It's not new anymore. RO is pretty much done now. Their focus is on TLJ
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!