criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How old is Iden?

Warrior
297 posts Member
edited June 2017
How old do we think Iden is? Even though her father is like an admiral, I think she'd have to be at least 30 to be the leader of a special forces unit. That means that by the end of the campaign she would be 60. I know 60 year olds aren't that old, but what kind of character do you think we're dealing with. The things we can do in BFnt 1 such as combat rolls, would be a lot harder when your sixty.
I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.

Replies

• bfloo
    14748 posts Member
    Warrior wrote: »
    How old do we think Iden is? Even though her father is like an admiral, I think she'd have to be at least 30 to be the leader of a special forces unit. That means that by the end of the campaign she would be 50. I know 50 year olds aren't that old, but what kind of character do you think we're dealing with. The things we can do in BFnt 1 such as combat rolls, would be a lot harder when your fifty.

A 50 year old in the special forces isn't like a typical 50 year old.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Warrior
    297 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    How old do we think Iden is? Even though her father is like an admiral, I think she'd have to be at least 30 to be the leader of a special forces unit. That means that by the end of the campaign she would be 50. I know 50 year olds aren't that old, but what kind of character do you think we're dealing with. The things we can do in BFnt 1 such as combat rolls, would be a lot harder when your fifty.

good point, but I said at least 30, I would assume she'd more likely be 40. I just think it's odd, because most protagonists are really young. It would be an interesting change.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    OOPS! made a mistake and said 50. She would be 60.
  • bfloo
    14748 posts Member

good point, but I said at least 30, I would assume she'd more likely be 40. I just think it's odd, because most protagonists are really young. It would be an interesting change.

Age isn't a big consideration in Star Wars.

The Jedi use child soldiers (the Padawans).

The Naboo elected a teen as queen.

The captain of the ship that took Obi Wan and Qui Gon to meet the Trade Federation didn't look old enough to shave yet.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Warrior wrote: »

Nah, low to mid 30s at most.
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• Warrior
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2017

Nah, low to mid 30s at most.

low to mid 30s to be in a special forces unit, maybe. But to command it at any less than 30 would be pretty impressive.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member

The captain of the ship that took Obi Wan and Qui Gon to meet the Trade Federation didn't look old enough to shave yet.

yea I guess it's a totally different culture.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member

Let's not forget about Hux. Dude is in high command of the First Order at quite a young age.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jaden_Korrr
    431 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    How old do we think Iden is? Even though her father is like an admiral, I think she'd have to be at least 30 to be the leader of a special forces unit. That means that by the end of the campaign she would be 60. I know 60 year olds aren't that old, but what kind of character do you think we're dealing with. The things we can do in BFnt 1 such as combat rolls, would be a lot harder when your sixty.

Indeed, she seems to live throughout the eras making her at least 55-60 by the time of the Force Awakens.
    Honestly I dont ever remember seeing a woman in her 60's as an action hero, I am curious what she will look like.
    Unless of course they put her in cryostasis and she is the same or something :p
  • MWB33
    1379 posts Member
    I'll guess that even though the actress playing her is 36, the character is about 10-12 years younger. For the empire you didn't have to wait until 18 to begin your military career, so leading an elite squad at 24-26 wouldn't be that difficult for someone with the skill and drive needed.

That translates into mid-50s for Ep. VII timeframe. Not completely unheard of for an action hero (think Ming-Na Wen who is 53).
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Warrior
    297 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »
    I'll guess that even though the actress playing her is 36, the character is about 10-12 years younger. For the empire you didn't have to wait until 18 to begin your military career, so leading an elite squad at 24-26 wouldn't be that difficult for someone with the skill and drive needed.

That translates into mid-50s for Ep. VII timeframe. Not completely unheard of for an action hero (think Ming-Na Wen who is 53).

k thx