criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Community Transmission

Here is what a list of 12 heroes will look like.

Prev1
TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited June 2017
First you have to take balance into account. Without balance of 2 vs 2 per era there won't be any fairness. If you have a very powerful Yoda as one of PT chars, you have to give him an equally powerful and knowledgeable in the force opponent. Maul and Luke need to have equal in strength opponents. Now we have Rey, that's easy. Kylo is automatically her opponent. And so, here we go:

PT:

Yoda vs Senator Palpatine (with that awesome red lightsaber)
Obi vs Maul (that was easy)

OT:

Luke vs Vader (2 of the most iconic heroes, but of course)
Han vs Boba (second 2 most iconic heroes and antagonists of OT)

ST:

This one is too easy.

Rey vs Kylo

Now you could argue Chewy over Finn or vice versa but either or have to go against the same type of opponent, none other than Captain Phasma.

Replies

• Alex64
    7410 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Ew ew ew 18 heroes minimum :pensive:
  • Whodunnit
    5557 posts Member
    You have a point here... sergeant.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    First you have to take balance into account. Without balance of 2 vs 2 per era there won't be any fairness. If you have a very powerful Yoda as one of PT chars, you have to give him an equally powerful and knowledgeable in the force opponent. Maul and Luke need to have equal in strength opponents. Now we have Rey, that's easy. Kylo is automatically her opponent. And so, here we go:

PT:

OT:

ST:

This one is too easy.

Rey vs Kylo

Now you could argue Chewy over Finn or vice versa but either or have to go against the same type of opponent, none other than Captain Phasma.

Again, you've left out a hero when they have either revealed that hero in a trailer or in art. Jango's Slave I was in splash art along with Obi Wan's ship. And it'll be Finn in ST
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Senator Palpatine? We're talking about the one who had that rocking hairstyle right?
    C1X0CEPXEAYVSeg.jpg
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Jrob122 wrote: »

Won't be 18. Not at launch anyways.
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Again, you've left out a hero when they have either revealed that hero in a trailer or in art. Jango's Slave I was in splash art along with Obi Wan's ship. And it'll be Finn in ST

Tecnically, you are wrong here. They showed their ships, not the people, that is a definitely distinction when talking about actual confirmation. Until you see them, they are not confirmed, only their ships for space battles
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Senator Palpatine? We're talking about the one who had that rocking hairstyle right?
    C1X0CEPXEAYVSeg.jpg

Either that or the burned face one. Probably the latter, so dueling with Yoda will be more authentic.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't see EA/DICE excluding the OT Heroes/Villains that were available at launch in EA's Battlefront 1.

Surely, the DLC OT Heroes/Villains of EA's Battlefront 1 might not be in the game and I wouldn't expect it, but it wouldn't make sense for any of the Vanilla OT Heroes/Villains of EA's Battlefront 1 to be absent from EA's Battlefront 2.

I'm certain that Luke, Han, Leia, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine,and Boba Fett will all return.

So that's 6 Heroes/Villains right there.

If EA/DICE goes with 12 Heroes/Villains total for EA's Battlefront 2, then, we'd get 2 Heroes/2 Villains in either the PT or the ST and 1 Hero/1 Villain for either the PT or the ST.

For example, the final number in the game could be all the Heroes/Villains that have already been announced, like:

PT: Yoda, Obi-Wan, Jango Fett, Darth Maul

OT: Luke, Han, Leia, Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Boba Fett

ST, Rey, Kylo Ren

I think that there will be more than 12 Heroes/Villains total, 18 Heroes/Villains total seems more likely to me.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Landeaux wrote: »

Tecnically, you are wrong here. They showed their ships, not the people, that is a definitely distinction when talking about actual confirmation. Until you see them, they are not confirmed, only their ships for space battles

I get they aren't confirmed but someone has to be piloting those ships and obviously Jango would fly Jango's ship and Obi Wan would fly Obi's ship
  • Whodunnit
    5557 posts Member
    edited June 2017

Won't be 18. Not at launch anyways.

But they said more than 3x the content of the last game at launch. And they said they were serious about that. I know we don't have to take it literally but 12 Heroes are definitely not count 3x content.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Landeaux wrote: »

I get they aren't confirmed but someone has to be piloting those ships and obviously Jango would fly Jango's ship and Obi Wan would fly Obi's ship

I agree, but you have to remember that Criterion is doing vehicles and stuff, so there is a separation there.
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member

_____
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Jango could be a hero just for the Fighter Squadron and that's it. He might be added in later on though. Guys, 3x content doesn't have to mean 18 heroes. It's a rough estimation of overall content and a sum of random things (maps, classes, weapons, heroes).
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member

That makes no sense.

Why should it be assumed that Obi-Wan and Jango Fett won't be playable Heroes in EA's Battlefront 2?

I get that we only saw their Hero Ships in the Kamino Concept Art.

However, in EA's Battlefront 1, all Hero Ships had playable Heroes that corresponded with them.

For example, in EA's Battlefront 1, we didn't get the Millennium Falcon, but no Han Solo, and we didn't get Tie Advanced XI, but no Darth Vader.

Unless EA/DICE come out and tell us differently, it doesn't seem logical to assume that you can have playable Hero Ships in EA's Battlefront 2, but not have the corresponding Hero be a playable character as well.
  • Maul and Jango vs Obi and Yoda will never ever happen.
  • Whodunnit
    5557 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »

That makes no sense.

Why should it be assumed that Obi-Wan and Jango Fett won't be playable Heroes in EA's Battlefront 2?

However, in EA's Battlefront 1, all Hero Ships had playable Heroes that corresponded with them.

For example, in EA's Battlefront 1, we didn't get the Millennium Falcon, but no Han Solo, and we didn't get Tie Advanced XI, but no Darth Vader.

Unless EA/DICE come out and tell us differently, it doesn't seem logical to assume that you can have playable Hero Ships in EA's Battlefront 2, but not have the corresponding Hero be a playable character as well.

Not to mention they will most likely get voice actors for the ships for voice lines. Then why would not ask them to voice the real heroes as well?
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • I can almost definitely say we will most likely see 18 heroes, I mean NO Han solo or Leia, I don't think it'll happen. So I believe we will get:

PT= Yoda(Me), Obi-wan, Padme, Count Dooku, Darth Maul, Jango Fett
    OT= Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Boba Fett, Emperor,
    ST= Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, Phasma, Hux
    Droids are friends not clankers
    jUX2YXO.gif
  • I am just saying, nothing is confirmed until it is confirmed....
  • I am just saying, nothing is confirmed until it is confirmed....

True
    Droids are friends not clankers
    jUX2YXO.gif
  • It could be 18 but I highly doubt it. I'm with ThePoolshark on there being 12 or so because Dice won't go overboard that much.
  • Whodunnit
    5557 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I can almost definitely say we will most likely see 18 heroes, I mean NO Han solo or Leia, I don't think it'll happen.

That was me a few days ago. Now I don't know what to think anymore.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    But, then again, we could maybe all be wrong.

If EA/DICE wants to introduce a dumbfounded decision such as Cross-Mixing of the Heroes/Villains of the Different Eras, then perhaps, it could be possible that they'll have Hero Ships be playable, but not have, the corresponding Hero character be playable also.

Perhaps you know something that we don't, as you seem adamant in what you're saying.

At this point, I guess anything is possible.
  • Jarrad wrote: »

If EA/DICE wants to introduce a dumbfounded decision such as Cross-Mixing of the Heroes/Villains of the Different Eras, then perhaps, it could be possible that they'll have Hero Ships be playable, but not have, the corresponding Hero character be playable also.

Perhaps you know something that we don't, as you seem adamant in what you're saying.

People just need to stop jumping to conclusions. If you saw Jango or Obi player models in the game, then yea, they are confirmed. Just seeing their ship in concept art doesn't confirm anything other than their ships.
  • If it was 18 then;

Jango vs Padme
    Tarkin vs Leia (they really hate each other especially in ANH)
    Poe vs Hux lol.

Palpatine will have to go up against Yoda because of balance reasons. Dooku vs Yoda? Neh, no way hozay. Not even Grievous.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    It could be 18 but I highly doubt it. I'm with ThePoolshark on there being 12 or so because Dice won't go overboard that much.

OVERBOARD :joy:
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    Jarrad wrote: »

People just need to stop jumping to conclusions. If you saw Jango or Obi player models in the game, then yea, they are confirmed. Just seeing their ship in concept art doesn't confirm anything other than their ships.

It's not about jumping to conclusions.

It's just recognizing how gameplay was done before in the previous entry and assuming that those mechanics will continue on in this new game, unless we are told otherwise later by EA/DICE.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    We only had 6 heroes in the previous game at launch and a total of 22 14 at the end of the season pass. 18 at launch is not happening, Dice is still the only team working on mp and without any help.
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    It could be 18 but I highly doubt it. I'm with ThePoolshark on there being 12 or so because Dice won't go overboard that much.

OVERBOARD :joy:

Lord Jrob, what shalt we do?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    We only had 6 heroes in the previous game at launch and a total of 22 at the end of the season pass. 18 at launch is not happening, Dice is still the only company working on mp and without any help.

22 Heroes/Villains in total?

No, we started out with 6 Heroes/Villains at launch and got 14 Heroes/Villains when all the DLCs were pumped out for EA's Battlefront 1.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    We only had 6 heroes in the previous game at launch and a total of 22 at the end of the season pass. 18 at launch is not happening, Dice is still the only team working on mp and without any help.

We had 14 in total after all DLC's were out. 18 MINIMUM PLZ DICE
  • Oh, my bad lol. 14 is right.
  • We only had 6 heroes in the previous game at launch and a total of 22 at the end of the season pass. 18 at launch is not happening, Dice is still the only team working on mp and without any help.

14 by the end.
    They only have to work on the MP which would make me think since they don't have to be busy with the SP or vehicle combat they could put those resources to work creating assets and such for the MP.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    True and yet they could only make 6 at launch not 14. They also have to put more effort into making classes, weapons and map creation. They have to work from the ground up to add these features.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    True and yet they could only make 6 at launch not 14. They also have to put more effort into making classes, weapons and map creation. They have to work from the ground up to add these features.

True but they also have a substantially larger team with a larger budget and more development time... seems feasible to me
  • True and yet they could only make 6 at launch not 14. They also have to put more effort into making classes, weapons and map creation. They have to work from the ground up to add these features.

Plus they already have some ground work set up. They aren't doing this 100% from scratch again.
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    The more classes and progression systems they add the more errors and bugs is likely to occur and testing needs to be done. I wouldn't ask too much of them and besides we don't know how much harder this new game is to make. 12 sounds reasonable but hey, you never know. June 10 right around the corner and we will soon have a definite answer.
  • The more classes and progression systems they add the more errors and bugs is likely to occur and testing needs to be done. I wouldn't ask too much of them and besides we don't know how much harder this new game is to make. 12 sounds reasonable but hey, you never know. June 10 right around the corner and we will soon have a definite answer.

12 sounds incredibly low to me.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    14 wasn't that bad tho so why is 12 low all of the sudden? Hero modes will be cross era so you will have 6 to choose from per side.
  • 14 wasn't that bad tho so why is 12 low all of the sudden? Hero modes will be cross era so you will have 6 to choose from per side.

14 was fine for 1 era. Not many primary characters were left out. 12 across 3 eras is leaving out at least 10 primary characters.
  • First you have to take balance into account. Without balance of 2 vs 2 per era there won't be any fairness. If you have a very powerful Yoda as one of PT chars, you have to give him an equally powerful and knowledgeable in the force opponent. Maul and Luke need to have equal in strength opponents. Now we have Rey, that's easy. Kylo is automatically her opponent. And so, here we go:

PT:

OT:

ST:

This one is too easy.

Rey vs Kylo

Maybe 12 heroes isn't too bad. I still think there should be 3v3 for the Republic and CIS. Same for NR and Empire. ST should have 2v2.
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

I highly doubt EA is dumb enough to include Obi-Wan's ship in concept art and not put him in the game. He's the second most iconic character in the PT.
    PSN - themancharlie25
    Phase II is the best! #CommanderFoxDidTheRightThing
    This sector is clear. NOT CLEAR. NOT CLEAR.

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I can almost definitely say we will most likely see 18 heroes, I mean NO Han solo or Leia, I don't think it'll happen. So I believe we will get:

PT= Yoda(Me), Obi-wan, Padme, Count Dooku, Darth Maul, Jango Fett
    OT= Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Boba Fett, Emperor,
    ST= Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, Phasma, Hux

Not gonna lie, I would love this except Senate Palp (red lightsaber and force lightning baby) instead of Dooku and Tarkin instead of Emperor. Emperor vs Leia was abit over the top anyways. Leia was a trooper and not a force user. I'd love to see Tarkin in action against the princess.

That makes no sense.

Thank you...I've been trying to get people to understand that..why would they even think of doing that. ..it's a slap in the face to the fans..Obi Wan and Jango Fett is pretty much confirmed
  • We only had 6 heroes in the previous game at launch and a total of 22 14 at the end of the season pass. 18 at launch is not happening, Dice is still the only team working on mp and without any help.

True..but more than one Developer is working on the heroes this time...so it could be more than 18 for all we know
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    CodyJames wrote: »
    Power levels in the films has nothing to do with it.

This^^^^^
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • We only had 6 heroes in the previous game at launch and a total of 22 14 at the end of the season pass. 18 at launch is not happening, Dice is still the only team working on mp and without any help.

True..but more than one Developer is working on the heroes this time...so it could be more than 18 for all we know

How much more is more? People say "significantly bigger dev team." That doesn't really mean anything. It can mean Motive and Criterion added into account which means nothing.

How much more is more? People say "significantly bigger dev team." That doesn't really mean anything. It can mean Motive and Criterion added into account which means nothing.

This is what I read it as. Not that the DICE team is bigger, but they added two more dev teams to focus on other aspects.
  • ExoSchmo
    742 posts Member
    We can expect to see at least 6 heroes. There it's been said