criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Here is what a list of 12 heroes will look like.

2Next

Replies

• We only had 6 heroes in the previous game at launch and a total of 22 14 at the end of the season pass. 18 at launch is not happening, Dice is still the only team working on mp and without any help.

True..but more than one Developer is working on the heroes this time...so it could be more than 18 for all we know

How much more is more? People say "significantly bigger dev team." That doesn't really mean anything. It can mean Motive and Criterion added into account which means nothing.

This is what I read it as. Not that the DICE team is bigger, but they added two more dev teams to focus on other aspects.

Then this means only one thing, they aren't that much more better off than they were before. Sure they can focus on mp instead of sp and fs but that doesn't give them that much more time to create 3x everything, including 18 heroes. 12 is more like it.
  • ExoSchmo wrote: »
    We can expect to see at least 6 heroes. There it's been said

That could happen as well though probably won't. I think.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    So do we only get 6 heroes at launch? No OT heroes? Elaborate.
  • Man if they don't reveal the names of the other heroes soon this forum will explode implode from all the speculation. If they could just give us the number of heroes were getting per era that would go a long way to confirming some of our suspicious.
  • Preorder page says 6 heroes at launch.
  • Preorder page says 6 heroes at launch.

That can't be right.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Preorder page says 6 heroes at launch.

That can't be right.

Yeah. Wouldn't feel right to see only Luke and Han fighting for the rebellion.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Preorder page says 6 heroes at launch.

Link?
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    jango will be over palp, but ye
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member

I don't see it? Are you basing this off of what some random said?
  • "Players who pre-order will also receive exclusive Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ content including:

Exclusive** Star Wars: The Last Jedi outfits for Kylo Ren and Rey
    Instant access to six hero and starfighter epic Star Cards..."
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    "Players who pre-order will also receive exclusive Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ content including:

You aren't seriously basing your "only 6 at launch" suspicion on that, are you?
  • Bmurf14
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    "Players who pre-order will also receive exclusive Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ content including:

I think it's gonna be 6 random cuz there is already more than 6 heros and star fighters confirmed. That way not everybody gets the same upgrades and there's more diversity.
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    My friend, they literally list the 6 epic star cards you'll receive for preordering...two from Rey, two from Kylo, and two for star fighters. That adds up to equal 6.
  • I'm thinking the game will launch with 18. I could of course be wrong, but with the original 6 from this BFs OT I'd think the other eras will follow suit.

PT:
    Obi & Maul
    Yoda & Dooku
    Padme & Jango

I say Padme because I think they'll want a female from every era. Also it could be a better Hero to match Jango. Two gun based Heroes.

ST:
    Rey & Kylo
    Finn & Phasma
    Chewie & idk
  • ROMG4
    2972 posts Member
    It says instant access to 6 Star Cards

Guys it was talking about Star Cards

Not a Hero List read the paragraph fully
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • 6 cards for each hero
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    6 cards for each hero

You may have really bad reading comprehension. It doesn't even say "each hero." It says "6 hero and starfighter epic cards." If it was trying to refer to only having 6 heroes, it would've used the word "heroes" and not "hero." It literally listed the 6 star cards you receive for preordering below the statement; hence why it's indented under that statement.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Senator Palpatine no way
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    Ew ew ew 18 heroes minimum :pensive:

I agree
  • Piscettios
    6119 posts Member
    Gotta love this forum and the endless speculation. The energy put forth to be the one that said it first is amazing. :D
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • TMachine97
    1022 posts Member
    We only had 6 heroes in the previous game at launch and a total of 22 14 at the end of the season pass. 18 at launch is not happening, Dice is still the only team working on mp and without any help.

They only had one guy working on heroes for the the first game. This time they have a small team.

• Whodunnit
    5631 posts Member
    Landeaux wrote: »
    6 cards for each hero

You may have really bad reading comprehension. It doesn't even say "each hero." It says "6 hero and starfighter epic cards." If it was trying to refer to only having 6 heroes, it would've used the word "heroes" and not "hero." It literally listed the 6 star cards you receive for preordering below the statement; hence why it's indented under that statement.

Yeah, 2 for Rey, 2. For Kylo, 1 for the Falcon and 1 for the new First Order hero ship.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • So I guess I'm wrong then. Well that's good lol.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    It says instant access to 6 Star Cards

Guys it was talking about Star Cards

Not a Hero List read the paragraph fully

Exactly. Unless each hero has one star card/ability, despite all they've said about deep customization and progression, there's no way "6 cards" translates into "6 heroes."