criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Discussion on Cheats/Hackers

It is fine to discuss ways to improve or change the anti-cheat, but to blatantly name people who may or may not be cheating is not allowed.

Use this thread to share your thoughts, but posts about boycotting, petitions, calling out people, and the like will be removed, and so will you. So lets keep this within the rules
The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.

Replies

• Cheating is really not a problem at all for me. I play on console, and although the fact that people cheat on PC bothers me, it really doesn't affect me. Also, EA/DICE seems to be a more console oriented company, although some people may disagree with this. In fact, I didn't know SWBF was on PC until not that long ago.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    thorn1375 wrote: »
    Cheating is really not a problem at all for me. I play on console, and although the fact that people cheat on PC bothers me, it really doesn't affect me. Also, EA/DICE seems to be a more console oriented company, although some people may disagree with this. In fact, I didn't know SWBF was on PC until not that long ago.

I take it you haven't played many DICE games. They've always been more PC oriented. The very first Battlefield games were exclusively on PC.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Cheating is really not a problem at all for me. I play on console, and although the fact that people cheat on PC bothers me, it really doesn't affect me. Also, EA/DICE seems to be a more console oriented company, although some people may disagree with this. In fact, I didn't know SWBF was on PC until not that long ago.

I consider people that use game breaking glitches cheaters on console
  • thorn1375 wrote: »

I take it you haven't played many DICE games. They've always been more PC oriented. The very first Battlefield games were exclusively on PC.

True. Battlefield 4 still has a sizeable player count on PC. Dice games on a maxed out PC are absolutely gorgeous
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Well I think all gaming companies are focused on console but EA has a lot more PC support then most games.

How to improve
    I think even just having one persons job finding people through reports and manually banning them for cheating will help eliminate cheaters.

I know that As a cheater, you would really only have a .1% or less chance of ever getting caught but if people are forced to play the odds they might bail.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »

What do u mean?
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

What do u mean?

There are cheaters on console too. An Example would be people that used the lando glitch or invincibility glitch. I consider those players to be cheaters
  • WarfareKiller41
    6798 posts Member
    edited June 2017

What do u mean?
    Don't you remember the time during December-January where Lando players could repeatedly use his Power Blast and kill an army of heroes and infantry within seconds?
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    @Cad_Bane
    @WarfareKiller41
    I guess that would be cheating but those get fixed eventually (although it takes forever) unlike cheating which never got fixed.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    @Cad_Bane
    @WarfareKiller41
    I guess that would be cheating but those get fixed eventually (although it takes forever) unlike cheating which never got fixed.
    Yep, but it could also take a while for a cheater to get banned.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Cheating is a big problem for this game on the PC. I've encountered probably 8ish obvious hackers throughout my career, which may not sound like a lot but it's enough to spread paranoia. Now whenever I see a player go 30-0 I can't help wondering if they're cheating, and it's downright exhausting and saps my will to play.

Follow https://www.reddit.com/user/coltonon3 on Reddit. He's the guy that released a client-side hack for the game with explicit instructions on how to replicate it undetected. Players can easily de-compile and recompile the code to give them an advantage such as highlighting all enemies, and if DICE doesn't do any sniffing for client-side changes then the next game will be just as doomed.

The truth of the matter is I don't have faith in DICE right now to keep Battlefront devoid of cheaters. They really should adopt a similar zero-tolerance stance that Blizzard has and permanently ban proven cheaters on a first offense. Legally pursue anybody found making and distributing hacks and publicly flaunt your success to instill fear.

Battlefront is a great game with enormous potential. But if DICE can't keep it cheat-free then all their efforts are for naught.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    @Cad_Bane
    @WarfareKiller41
    Cheaters never get banned currently.
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    @Cad_Bane
    @WarfareKiller41

I've seen some cases on Reddit where bossk players have been fair fight banned
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    @Cad_Bane
    @WarfareKiller41

I've heard that too
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    @Cad_Bane
    @WarfareKiller41

I've heard that too
    I'm on Reddit a lot, so yeah, I've seen some cases.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    @Cad_Bane
    @WarfareKiller41

I've heard that too
    I'm never on Reddit and I still hear about the auto-ban based on kills
  • @ThePoolshark as a member of the Game Changers ( and I think a PC player?) would it not help if you said why fixing the problem was challenging? Then input might be more constructive. Eg why is it not possible for pc code to detect if the binaries have been modified etc etc to offer some sort of throttling so we know there is a maximum rate to say firing beyond which there is no effect
  • I have never experienced any sort of cheating or hackers in the first Battlefront on Xbox One so I don't believe cheating will be a major problem in the next Battlefront game. Of course some gamers always find ways to cheat and break the system but EA has always done an excellent job keeping the game as cheat free as possible.
  • TMachine97
    1022 posts Member
    I have never experienced any sort of cheating or hackers in the first Battlefront on Xbox One so I don't believe cheating will be a major problem in the next Battlefront game. Of course some gamers always find ways to cheat and break the system but EA has always done an excellent job keeping the game as cheat free as possible.

Apparently the PC version is infested with hackers. It's a lot harder to hack a console.

• @ThePoolshark as a member of the Game Changers ( and I think a PC player?) would it not help if you said why fixing the problem was challenging? Then input might be more constructive. Eg why is it not possible for pc code to detect if the binaries have been modified etc etc to offer some sort of throttling so we know there is a maximum rate to say firing beyond which there is no effect

Game changers discuss game content, not back end systems. We don't go near it, and I have no idea what they are doing for this game. I try to not discuss things I don't know anything about.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    @Cad_Bane
    @WarfareKiller41

I've heard that too
    I'm never on Reddit and I still hear about the auto-ban based on kills
    I have never experienced any sort of cheating or hackers in the first Battlefront on Xbox One so I don't believe cheating will be a major problem in the next Battlefront game. Of course some gamers always find ways to cheat and break the system but EA has always done an excellent job keeping the game as cheat free as possible.
    The problem is on PC. Glad I play on Xbox so I don't have to deal with the crap.

Game changers discuss game content, not back end systems. We don't go near it, and I have no idea what they are doing for this game. I try to not discuss things I don't know anything about.

Fair enough
  • Gunsmith_Cat
    50 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Just had one of the obvious ones today. Oneshot, unlimited jump pack, you name it, he used it. Some hacks actually cost money. I would be furious if someone makes money off my work, just to ruin the fun for anyone else. Blizzard isn't hard on hackers, they give the cheaters what they asked so badly for and protect genuine players. Hackers are still a small group, but they ruin it for many people, while laughing about anyone. This can't be good for business, and BF1 has already a bad reputation.
  • TheNextTron
    472 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    It is fine to discuss ways to improve or change the anti-cheat, but to blatantly name people who may or may not be cheating is not allowed.

Use this thread to share your thoughts, but posts about boycotting, petitions, calling out people, and the like will be removed, and so will you. So lets keep this within the rules

I think the biggest issue it that it seems to be run by a bot rather an actual humans. I think the core problem lies in the fact that it solely looks in the score rather than also looking at the circumstance of the kill (e.g. sniping with a CA-87 from across the map). Ultimately It would help if there were more people able to look at the reports. Of course I don't know how much DICE can actually put towards anti-cheating vs resources to make their games.
  • The anti-cheat system has to be improved for Battlefront 2. Maybe an implementation of a vote system in order to kick someone or longer bans like 1 week (minimum) to 1 year to perma ban (maximum) for exploiters and cheaters or check the local data when starting the game.
    There were days when I wanted to play Battlefront 2015 where I couldn't play because all lobbys were full of cheaters and after leaving and seaching a new lobby I was redirected everytime into the lobby with the cheater. After the game modes has been cleaned (no matches anymore) then the cheater changed the mode. Often WA and Supremacy aim bot etc.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• It is fine to discuss ways to improve or change the anti-cheat, but to blatantly name people who may or may not be cheating is not allowed.

I think the biggest issue it that it seems to be run by a bot rather an actual humans. I think the core problem lies in the fact that it solely looks in the score rather than also looking at the circumstance of the kill (e.g. sniping with a CA-87 from across the map). Ultimately It would help if there were more people able to look at the reports. Of course I don't know how much DICE can actually put towards anti-cheating vs resources to make their games.

I worded those first 2 sentences poorly :D :D
  • I have to say cheaters are a problem for me on console, the few I incounter seem to not cause a problem