criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

POLL: Would you like the soldiers in Battlefront 2 to swear?

Prev13456
otto43
12 posts Member
edited July 2017
http://www.strawpoll.me/13540751

[EDITED]

Forgot to put a "I don't care if there is swearing" option, if you don't care if there is or isn't then go ahead and say so in the comments.
Post edited by otto43 on

Replies

• I'm indifferent on it, I personally wouldn't care if there were swear words in it. But Star Wars is for all ages, Battlefront is commonly played by many families, so swear words probably wouldn't be the best feature for them.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Need to add a don't care option. It wouldn't affect my experience either way.
  • otto43
    12 posts Member
    Need to add a don't care option. It wouldn't affect my experience either way.

Didn't think of that, lol sorry about that.
  • otto43
    12 posts Member
    Personally I feel that they should keep the swearing to a minimum because of 2 reasons. First, it doesn't feel like "Star Wars", it feels very weird. And second, a lot of families enjoy Star Wars, so adding strong language in a Star Wars game isn't a good decision.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    For my personal enjoyment I don't care. Swearing can show the hardships of war but also can just sound dumb (Black Ops). Even though It isn't in much Star Wars content, it could still fit.

For the game's sake. No. Star Wars is for all ages and so is this game. Also, not many FPS are rated T and swearing would probably lead to it being rated M (if the campaign doesn't make it already).

Overall, Mild swearing would be fine as we see d*mn and H*ll in the movies but anything more is a no
    Currently it doesn't look like there will be any swearing as we hear "blast it!" Used as a curse. Probably for the best

• EvazanJr wrote: »
    For my personal enjoyment I don't care. Swearing can show the hardships of war but also can just sound dumb (Black Ops). Even though It isn't in much Star Wars content, it could still fit.

For the game's sake. No. Star Wars is for all ages and so is this game. Also, not many FPS are rated T and swearing would probably lead to it being rated M (if the campaign doesn't make it already).

Overall, Mild swearing would be fine as we see d*mn and H*ll in the movies but anything more is a no
    Currently it doesn't look like there will be any swearing as we hear "blast it!" Used as a curse. Probably for the best
    And tbh, the "bad" swearing sounds weird in Star Wars.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Need to add a don't care option. It wouldn't affect my experience either way.

Yes, that option would be useful, especially into those threads of speculation about heroes

It's not speculation, it is what I'd like to see.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    There isn't any swearing in star wars...
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

[email protected] and he11 aren't swearing lol.

I don't really care if star wars is for families as swearing is just word and censorship makes no sense but that is another argument.

I don't think the family friendly argument can work in this instance as it is a fps and games like that are not made for families.

I've also read a number of canon books where swearing is present also.
  • I don't care.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Danxoln wrote: »
    There are in Battlefront 2 voice lines found in the files.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • No I mean all star wars has said over all films and shows is damn, hell, damn it. Anything stronger just doesn't fit imo. Besides 90% a lot of heavy swearing in games is cringy more than anything.
  • No I mean all star wars has said over all films and shows is ****, ****, **** it. Anything stronger just doesn't fit imo. Besides 90% a lot of heavy swearing in games is cringy more than anything.
    I agree, they should just stick to things like "blast it!".
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • I think occasional mild swearing is ok since they had some in the OT. Beyond that, I don't want any because Star Wars is meant to be more family-friendly and there's all kinds of terms that are used in the Star Wars universe that would work just as well but give it the Star Wars feel.
  • Master_Cunha
    4562 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Danxoln wrote: »

Ea or pandemic?

Ea or pandemic?
    EA.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Piscettios
    6075 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    It would be awkward and so out of place to have swearing. Would be fine with it if was warranted in the campaign, but not for MP.

No matter how much people try to fight it, Star Wars at it's core is family friendly. Yes there's been darker sides shown in games and other mediums, this series isn't one of them. The overall tone of game play looks to be about the same as the last, so I see no reason for it to be added. I'll take 'someone crack open a blast door' over f-bombs any day.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Yeah that's really not this franchise at all.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I'd just want Star Wars swears, "Blast it!", "Poodoo!", etc.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

And tbh, the "bad" swearing sounds weird in Star Wars.
    That's probably true
  • zoodc wrote: »
    I'd just want Star Wars swears, "Blast it!", "Poodoo!", etc.
    Exactly.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • AzelfandQuilava
    779 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that the First Order will be full of Sailor Swearing dudes.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Lucasfilm most likely won't give them the go to use bad swearing.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    EvazanJr wrote: »

[email protected] and he11 aren't swearing lol.

I don't really care if star wars is for families as swearing is just word and censorship makes no sense but that is another argument.

I don't think the family friendly argument can work in this instance as it is a fps and games like that are not made for families.

I've also read a number of canon books where swearing is present also.

FPS are honestly not that bad IMO just the gore that makes it bad.

but I feel the same way about swearing, what's the point? Why is being called an as worse than being called heartless?
  • Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that the First Order will be full of Sailor Swearing dudes.
    Judging by the files, you are right. But I bet they'll cut out the bad swearing by launch.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that the First Order will be full of Sailor Swearing dudes.
    Judging by the files, you are right. But I bet they'll cut out the bad swearing by launch.

Nudge nudge wink wink.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • WodiQuix
    4569 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I'd love to see Star Wars exclusive curse words during moments of intense action and the like.
  • I wouldn't mind mild PG swearing like what we get in the movies, but I don't think the game needs it either. The Uncharted games have plenty of PG-13 swearing in them and they keep their T rating just fine, so I don't think it's an issue of rating so much as making the game feel like a proper Star Wars game. If there were some mild swearing, it should be used sparingly, like in the films. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some swearing in the campaign.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • JMaster
    2268 posts Member
    Maybe, depends on whether it's fitting or not. Han could work, for instance... "I'll see you in heII!"
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    There was some mild language in BF1 EA, so there will probably be some in BF2 EA, but there won't be anything extreme. Either way, I don't care.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    There was some mild language in BF1 EA, so there will probably be some in BF2 EA, but there won't be anything extreme. Either way, I don't care.
    You sure about that?

(9:24 and 14:38)
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind mild PG swearing like what we get in the movies, but I don't think the game needs it either. The Uncharted games have plenty of PG-13 swearing in them and they keep their T rating just fine, so I don't think it's an issue of rating so much as making the game feel like a proper Star Wars game. If there were some mild swearing, it should be used sparingly, like in the films. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some swearing in the campaign.
    I agree except it would contribute to the rating. Probably not enough to push it to an M but it does.
  • JMaster
    2268 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind mild PG swearing like what we get in the movies, but I don't think the game needs it either. The Uncharted games have plenty of PG-13 swearing in them and they keep their T rating just fine, so I don't think it's an issue of rating so much as making the game feel like a proper Star Wars game. If there were some mild swearing, it should be used sparingly, like in the films. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some swearing in the campaign.
    Seems like the best compromise, you do explode, shoot, and disembowel people in this game... a few mild swears here and there makes sense ; )
    Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that the First Order will be full of Sailor Swearing dudes.
    As long as they use all thirteen bad words.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • CPT_Rex
    725 posts Member
    In-Universe swears are fine with me (ex: Fierfek) but anything beyond what's in the shows and films is a bit much for my tastes.
    "In my book, experience outranks everything."
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    You sure about that?

(9:24 and 14:38)

Yeah, the First Order swearin' up a storm saying s**t and dropping those f bombs
  • Elusive_DJ
    3141 posts Member
    As long as its an actual swear word in the star wars universe then I'm fine.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

Ea or pandemic?
    EA.

Really? I'm surprised does this mean the game will be 18 not 16 because that definitely would allow for limb dismemberment.
  • I wouldn't mind mild PG swearing like what we get in the movies, but I don't think the game needs it either. The Uncharted games have plenty of PG-13 swearing in them and they keep their T rating just fine, so I don't think it's an issue of rating so much as making the game feel like a proper Star Wars game. If there were some mild swearing, it should be used sparingly, like in the films. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some swearing in the campaign.

There is no swearing in the films.

Um, yeah there is. It's mild swearing, but swearing nonetheless.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

Um, yeah there is. It's mild swearing, but swearing nonetheless.

Like what?
  • "He feared you might follow old Obi-Wan on some damned-fool idealistic crusade like your father did."

"Then I'll see you in Hell"

Stuff like that. Mild, but still considered swearing.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    I agree with the "I don't care" option. It would be quite funny to hear but I understand why some people wouldn't want it.
  • "He feared you might follow old Obi-Wan on some damned-fool idealistic crusade like your father did."

"Then I'll see you in ****"

That is mild swearing? Ahahaha. $hit is mild swearing.

It is as well, both are considered swearing though, regardless of how mild one considers it to be.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I don't think ***** (opposite to heaven) is considered a swear word surley.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Guys this isn't a debate about what words are actually considered swearing.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    I don't think **** (opposite to heaven) is considered a swear word surley.

Agreed.
    "He feared you might follow old Obi-Wan on some damned-fool idealistic crusade like your father did."

It is as well, both are considered swearing though, regardless of how mild one considers it to be.

You must be american.
  • Warrior
    298 posts Member
    I really hope that there isn't swearing in it! If there was swearing in Rouge One, then I would bet my Battlefront 2 $75 dollars that it would be filled with swearing, but seeing as Rouge One was really clean, I doubt they'd add that. It would just seem so unstarwarsy. I wouldn't get it it it had bad swearing, but I'd probably get it anyway if it had D*m and H*l. I would not be ok with the amount of swearing that Uncharted 4 has. I would love to see Star Wars specific swear words, but It might make it too cheesy.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
This discussion has been closed.