criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

POLL: Would you like the soldiers in Battlefront 2 to swear?

Replies

• WarfareKiller41
    7058 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Warrior wrote: »
    The family argument is ****. Families dont play shooters. This game has a different demographic to the films.
    Piscettios wrote: »
    This thread again...
    No one's given a solid reason it should be added... Because it would be cool and other games did it don't make the cut.

What next then, requests for blood and limbs flying everywhere?

No blood but I do want limb dismemberments from lightsaber strikes.

I play BFront with my 8 year old brother, but he wouldn't be allowed to play it if it had blood or swearing. I want something that I can play with him.

He shouldn't be allowed to play it full stop due to the age rating.
    Ever play Black Ops 2? I find kids there everyday 24/7.

Kids playing on their own, not with their family.
    Not true, I sometimes hear conversations between 2 kids, probably siblings.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Warrior
    298 posts Member
    The family argument is ****. Families dont play shooters. This game has a different demographic to the films.
    This thread again...
    No one's given a solid reason it should be added... Because it would be cool and other games did it don't make the cut.

Actually, they/we do. I've seen plenty of dads on these forms too, commenting on gaming with their kids. Many studies and surveys peg the average age of gamers at 31 and rising, there's also more gamers aged 35+, than below. You gonna tell me dad's and mom's aren't passing their hobbies on to their kids? We also possess more discretionary income than single 20 something's fresh out of school. As I said before, they don't benefit one bit from alienating that part of the community with pointless swearing and over the top violence, and no one is going to pass on the game because of it's exclusion.

Thanks for attempting to speak for a section of the community you're obviously not a part of.

So no evidence to show families play shooters together...

correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as if what your saying is that because you don't think that families should play battlefront together, there is no evidence that they do. I just gave you your evidence, but you don't see it as evidence because you don't like the way my family functions.
    "He shouldn't be allowed to play it full stop due to the age rating." I assumed that this would mean that you had acknowledged the fact that my 8 year old brother does play battlefront. I think I might have been wrong. You also seem not to notice the difference between a game with dead people, and a game with swearing.
    Let me restate my point. I will not play a game with my brother if it has swearing in it. I will play certain FPS games with him. That is my family's choice whether you agree with it or not.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • Warrior wrote: »
    This thread again...

Actually, they/we do. I've seen plenty of dads on these forms too, commenting on gaming with their kids. Many studies and surveys peg the average age of gamers at 31 and rising, there's also more gamers aged 35+, than below. You gonna tell me dad's and mom's aren't passing their hobbies on to their kids? We also possess more discretionary income than single 20 something's fresh out of school. As I said before, they don't benefit one bit from alienating that part of the community with pointless swearing and over the top violence, and no one is going to pass on the game because of it's exclusion.

Thanks for attempting to speak for a section of the community you're obviously not a part of.

correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as if what your saying is that because you don't think that families should play battlefront together, there is no evidence that they do. I just gave you your evidence, but you don't see it as evidence because you don't like the way my family functions.
    "He shouldn't be allowed to play it full stop due to the age rating." I assumed that this would mean that you had acknowledged the fact that my 8 year old brother does play battlefront. I think I might have been wrong. You also seem not to notice the difference between a game with dead people, and a game with swearing.
    Let me restate my point. I will not play a game with my brother if it has swearing in it. I will play certain FPS games with him. That is my family's choice whether you agree with it or not.

That made no sense lol.
    This thread again...

I play BFront with my 8 year old brother, but he wouldn't be allowed to play it if it had blood or swearing. I want something that I can play with him.

I can't be bothered to debate this, it really doesn't matter.
  • Warrior
    298 posts Member
    This thread again...

That made no sense lol.

could you please explain what you meant then by saying that there was no evidence to show that families play shooters together?
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
    This thread again...

That made no sense lol.

could you please explain what you meant then by saying that there was no evidence to show that families play shooters together?

There was literally no evidence. You said 30 year olds play games and extrapolated that to the must play it with children. Proved nothing.
  • Warrior
    298 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    This thread again...

That made no sense lol.

There was literally no evidence. You said 30 year olds play games and extrapolated that to the must play it with children. Proved nothing.

My brother is family. I play with him. Is that not defined as a family playing together? I used to play Descent with my dad. (the good old ones)
    This thread again...

That made no sense lol.

My brother is family. I play with him. Is that not defined as a family playing together? I used to play Descent with my dad. (the good old ones)

That is one instance.
    This thread again...

I can't be bothered to debate this, it really doesn't matter.

You are literally 50% of the thread
  • But hey this is still going so what can I say XD
  • Warrior
    298 posts Member
    This thread again...

That made no sense lol.

That is one instance.

"There was literally no evidence. You said 30 year olds play games and extrapolated that to the must play it with children. Proved nothing."

"literally" means that the following happened exactly as it sounded like it did. "no" in the way you used it, was a universal negative. Did you mean "not many families play FPSs together."? That statement is true.
  • Why, is it to satisfy the hard core skull avatar wearing gamers, I could care less and all I want is a good game.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    The magic of Star Wars doesn't need bad words or extreme violence to be great.

+ 1 Wise words
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Why, is it to satisfy the hard core skull avatar wearing gamers, I could care less and all I want is a good game.

I say let those people play other shooters, which they have plenty to choose from. Star Wars isn't a franchise for the Edge Lord crowd.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Stormtrooper007
    409 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I find it hilarious that mild language counts as "damn". If we don't get language like that we have lost to Disney. I don't think all out swearing is very "Star Wars" at least in the movies. But, things like damn and c-rap should be in the game

Edit: given the fact dam* is blocked I think it's unlikely we will get it.
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • The family argument is ****. Families dont play shooters. This game has a different demographic to the films.

Lol you don't know that many families. :D:D
    This thread again...

I've played Battlefront when I was below their age. XD You can't say that lol.
  • In clone wars the kids show they sweared, so I think they should. I think they should bring back all the old dialogue, those lines were pure gold "oh no! It's Konobi, and he has the high ground" "Ok everyone, I know you haven't seen a woman in months, but let's try to be professionals"
  • OutFall101 wrote: »
    In clone wars the kids show they sweared, so I think they should. I think they should bring back all the old dialogue, those lines were pure gold "oh no! It's Konobi, and he has the high ground" "Ok everyone, I know you haven't seen a woman in months, but let's try to be professionals"
    There wasn't any bad swearing.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • AzelfandQuilava
    779 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    OutFall101 wrote: »
    In clone wars the kids show they sweared, so I think they should. I think they should bring back all the old dialogue, those lines were pure gold "oh no! It's Konobi, and he has the high ground" "Ok everyone, I know you haven't seen a woman in months, but let's try to be professionals"

Damn and h*ll are still curse words.

See? They're censored even here.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • They'd probably lose money adding cursing, would have rate it m

Rate "it" m

Rate "it" m

Lol have to
  • WarfareKiller41
    7058 posts Member
    edited August 2017

**** and h*ll are still curse words.

They're in the movies as well, I don't know what the first word is though. And I think the restrictions on the forums are a bit overboard. But just because they're in the shows/movies doesn't necessarily mean they're in the games as well.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Undeadjon
    339 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    That'd be fine, as long as it stook to the normal star wars profanity such as the word "dam". [Edit] you know what I mean.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I wouldn't mind hearing swear words, yeah sure why not & put in a option to filter it out for those who have sensitive virgin Mary ears.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • in pandemic's battlefront 2 some clone troopers said dam but that was on rare occasion. i wouldn't mind cursing as long as its not strong.
  • I'd imagine they'd use "kriff" or "frag" (or any other "made-up" bad words in the Star Wars EU books). It just would feel out of place for swearing in the game. Another example is in the Umbara episodes, we hear a clone (Tup, I believe) curse with some made-up word when he sees a clone get eaten by one of the Umbaran wildlife creatures.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • Lol, inferno squad says bast.ard and sh.it.
    This is the game we're talking about.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

And inferno squad is directly linked.

It doesn't mean the game will have strong cursing, that's the thing.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif

The tone of the campaign and book are likely to be the same.

I think there will be much less sitting around a campsite in the campaign. ;)
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

Things can change, I don't think they'll allow strong cursing in a Battlefront game. It isn't necessary.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • OutFall101 wrote: »

So is eaf.ront...
  • WarfareKiller41
    7058 posts Member
    edited August 2017

So is eaf.ront...
    Really? :D
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • It won't cause the game to sell more if they have cussing i think they shouldn't add any cuss words in the game and Star Wars battlefront 2015 didn't have any cussing and it overall was a pretty good game i say no cussing i won't buy it if they have cussing
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind hearing swear words, yeah sure why not & put in a option to filter it out for those who have sensitive virgin Mary ears.

I'd be fine with a filter option.
  • HTH52
    56 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    No need. Da:mn and He:ll are fine. Much more isnt necessary. Star Wars has its own slurs like Blast, Karabast, poodoo, and all other made up things.
  • Can I change my vote? As cross era hero ships are confirmed now, I want to send a proper message to the inappropriate heroes on the map.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Cad_Bane
    6252 posts Member
    This thread won't go away lol
  • Apparently leaked voice files on YouTube (search them up if you'd like, just type "battlefront 2 voice lines") of the clones, droids, Resistance, First Order, and Imperial officers are online, and the First Order troopers use the F-bomb.
    In my book, experience outranks everything.
  • No I mean all star wars has said over all films and shows is ****, ****, **** it. Anything stronger just doesn't fit imo. Besides 90% a lot of heavy swearing in games is cringy more than anything.
    I agree, they should just stick to things like "blast it!".
    No I mean all star wars has said over all films and shows is ****, ****, **** it. Anything stronger just doesn't fit imo. Besides 90% a lot of heavy swearing in games is cringy more than anything.
    I agree, they should just stick to things like "blast it!".

• Apparently leaked voice files on YouTube (search them up if you'd like, just type "battlefront 2 voice lines") of the clones, droids, Resistance, First Order, and Imperial officers are online, and the First Order troopers use the F-bomb.

I listened to those voice lines. I don't think they actually used the F word. Even if they did, they would make sure to edit that out before the final release.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

I listened to those voice lines. I don't think they actually used the F word. Even if they did, they would make sure to edit that out before the final release.
    They clearly said the "S" word, but I hope they take them out.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • There shouldn't be swearing in Star Wars. I hope they take it out
  • There shouldn't be swearing in Star Wars. I hope they take it out

Take it out? They haven't added it in.
  • i doubt they would do it, but would be a very cool touch in game.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    There shouldn't be swearing in Star Wars. I hope they take it out

Take it out? They haven't added it in.
    There's leaked footage of Troopers actually swearing.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
This discussion has been closed.