criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Let's hear the whole line up already I say.

kez432
149 posts Member
So, we're just a few months out and haven't really heard much about the game. Not much at all on modes of play or Hero's available. What content will be out at launch and what type of DLC content or schedule is expected.

At this point most of this should be available to the public given EA's last outing in this franchise I feel it's time for full disclosure. What are we paying for and why should we pre pay without any knowledge of this in advance?!?

Replies

• As much as I wish, that won't happen until launch probably
    CIS: OOM-9, Sebulba, Nute Gunray
    Republic: Coleman Trebor, Shmi Skywalker, The clone that fell with Padme
    Rebels: Lobot, Willrow Hood, Rebel Friend
    Empire: Rancor Keeper, Walrus Man, Dagobah Luke-Face Vader
    First Order: The stormtrooper with blood on his face
    Resistance: I couldn't care less
  • I do want to see some more of the heroes. They have only told us about 6 new heroes and 2 of them aren't even in the game at launch.
  • Luke , Leia , Han , Chewie , Lando , Yoda , Rey .

Vader , Palpatine , Boba fett , Bossk , Kylo ren , Grievous , Maul .

#YouHeardItHereFirst
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    As much as I wish, that won't happen until launch probably

Probably.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Cool_Dog wrote: »
    I do want to see some more of the heroes. They have only told us about 6 new heroes and 2 of them aren't even in the game at launch.

Im hoping for more Jedi Hero's than anything. with the inclusion of the clone wars, we should be up to out necks in force users! :)
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Luke , Leia , Han , Chewie , Lando , Yoda , Rey .

#YouHeardItHereFirst

5 new hero's is nice but, we need more Jedi. I'd like to know more before buying. Just not enough there for launch IMO.
  • kez432 wrote: »

#YouHeardItHereFirst

5 new hero's is nice but, we need more Jedi. I'd like to know more before buying. Just not enough there for launch IMO.
    Well there's more to do than heroes, they're creating Special Units as well.
    Army or not, you must realize....you are doomed.
    tumblr_m83kl8wd161rv3w3po2_500.gif
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member

#YouHeardItHereFirst

You forgot Hondo :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I agree I'm waiting to hear if qui gon or mace will make it in, probly gonna buy it still if they aren't in the game but it would get me to pre order now for sure
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    kez432 wrote: »
    So, we're just a few months out and haven't really heard much about the game. Not much at all on modes of play or Hero's available. What content will be out at launch and what type of DLC content or schedule is expected.

At this point most of this should be available to the public given EA's last outing in this franchise I feel it's time for full disclosure. What are we paying for and why should we pre pay without any knowledge of this in advance?!?

They didn't release stuff last time until around the BETA, we can expect to wait 2 more months until we get the full lineup
  • Kind of like playing russian roulette if u already pre ordered

They didn't release the full line up until 1/1.5 months from launch I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case again. Also I think people are taking the claim that this game has 3 times the content too concretely.
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They didn't release the full line up until 1/1.5 months from launch I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case again. Also I think people are taking the claim that this game has 3 times the content too concretely.

Yeah, I think this is a reasonable estimate. My guess is they'll have all heroes revealed at or around the time the beta surfaces to create hype, incentivise the pre-order timed exclusives, and knowing everything will just end up getting data-mined afterwards.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member

#YouHeardItHereFirst

Well there's more to do than heroes, they're creating Special Units as well.

Im all for anything new but hero's was always my favorite mode.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    I agree I'm waiting to hear if qui gon or mace will make it in, probly gonna buy it still if they aren't in the game but it would get me to pre order now for sure

I concur. Need more info if i'm to pre order. Not just launch content.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Danxoln wrote: »

They didn't release stuff last time until around the BETA, we can expect to wait 2 more months until we get the full lineup

True, but last time we didn't have a less than stellar debut in our rearview.( I'm being very kind btw) I personally want to know what im buying from them this time around.
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    True, but last time we didn't have a less than stellar debut in our rearview.( I'm being very kind btw) I personally want to know what im buying from them this time around.

In that case you'll probably be waiting until a week before launch. It wasn't until then that we learned of everything that's in the last game.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
    Danxoln wrote: »

That's understandable; If your not completely sold on the game, don't buy it until your convinced enough to buy it. I'm only pre-ordering because I know i will enjoy no matter what. I do agree with you; certainly more details need to be addressed before launch.
  • Shinjuku
    1758 posts Member

You're completely right and I agree, it's really sketchy. I'd say don't read into it too much and get your hopes up incase that they don't deliver. Let's wait on the beta to see what they produce. I think they should at least give us some more information about the game and what people are pre ordering
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Yes. There is very information to warrant a pre order.
  • JMaster
    2113 posts Member
    Hmm... the only problem with that is, with such a big game spanning decades of this universe, and possible characters to cover... they may not even all be done yet. If they show all heroes know, there could be one or two that are finished after the fact, OR they announce all heroes they plan to make, but find that some are difficult to program and will take more time than is allowed, and they end up a hero or two short of their promised lineup. It could be odd for them either way
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Why would they announce everything this far out? The hype would fade over the next 3 months.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Why would they announce everything this far out? The hype would fade over the next 3 months.

They don't need to announce everything, but they need to show us more if they want to push preorders though.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • I agree. The dark side lingers from the first disappointment. Need to see a lot more before preordering would cross my mind
  • Pre order doesn't give u enough in my opinion, early access to an open beta? Idk just seems like there's not much reason to get it
  • I'm kinda right there with ya 420. I mean I want to be optimistic, but preordering doesn't really seem worth it this far out. Reserved the first game like 9 months out, eh what a mistake
  • Sssoul
    26 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Pre order doesn't give u enough in my opinion, early access to an open beta? Idk just seems like there's not much reason to get it

You also get 3day early access when you preorder the $80 version which i did and im disappointing that i did but i need and want to play some new Star Wars game.

Other than that if your on a line of buying it or not, the info that is given to us, is not preorder material worthy as we know too little with game coming out in 3months
  • Well honestly, the dlc is free.

And just as well, they probably don't know yet.

With last year's Battlefront they never even planned to make Hoth Luke.

It wasn't till a huge clamour on the forums the team kindly decided to make it for us. I wouldn't be surprised if they only spent a week to make some of these character skins. And needless to say I think they did a damn good job churning out everything they managed.

From Bespin bodyguards, to Emperor Royal Guard, and so on.

My thoughts are be patient and hope for the best.

If they haven't revealed the full line up it's probably 80% or more likely because they're trying to make more and extra on top of what they have and than they're ready to show, so that by the time they've even made more and extra than they originally thought they could, all of the fans will be all the more pleased.

I mean everyone who really likes Star Wars and cares about the characters should be supportive of Dices endeavor. You can already tell there's a crap ton of assets and art being passionately painstakingly put into the game.

I for one am super glad we get to see Darth Maul's Sith Fighter.

I thought that ship was a forgotten piece of Star Wars Lore and never expected to see it return in Star Wars entertainment, film or game post 2005. That in itself us an extra I am extremely excited for.
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    Well honestly, the dlc is free.

And just as well, they probably don't know yet.

With last year's Battlefront they never even planned to make Hoth Luke.

It wasn't till a huge clamour on the forums the team kindly decided to make it for us. I wouldn't be surprised if they only spent a week to make some of these character skins. And needless to say I think they did a **** good job churning out everything they managed.

From Bespin bodyguards, to Emperor Royal Guard, and so on.

My thoughts are be patient and hope for the best.

If they haven't revealed the full line up it's probably 80% or more likely because they're trying to make more and extra on top of what they have and than they're ready to show, so that by the time they've even made more and extra than they originally thought they could, all of the fans will be all the more pleased.

I mean everyone who really likes Star Wars and cares about the characters should be supportive of Dices endeavor. You can already tell there's a **** ton of assets and art being passionately painstakingly put into the game.

I for one am super glad we get to see Darth Maul's Sith Fighter.

I thought that ship was a forgotten piece of Star Wars Lore and never expected to see it return in Star Wars entertainment, film or game post 2005. That in itself us an extra I am extremely excited for.

I'm not taking anything for granted. Not the free content or any assumptions they will get it right this time.
    If there gonna ask for us to pre pay again then we have a right to know what the entire game comprises.
    To think they havent anything else to reveal is naive.
    Quite honestly it's attitudes such as yours that help promote poor AAA titles. As long as people continue to support this game with little to no info encourages companies like this to put out trash at a premium price.
  • The apologists have returned. Perhaps they did not experience the joys of EA front 1?
  • kez432
    149 posts Member
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    The apologists have returned. Perhaps they did not experience the joys of EA front 1?