criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is EA going to abandon us to cheaters again?

Prev1
It seems EA loves money, not so much their customers. On PC in Battlefront, cheating is rampant. Sure they did something about it the first few "Season pass" content released. After that they rushed out the last content release and abandoned us. Their anti cheat system is a joke and it seems every other game there's someone with a mod allowing them to one shot heroes or use jump pack unlimited times with auto aim and auto kill.

As one of the better players in multiplayer I can't tell you how annoying it is to work my butt off to be #1 at end of game only to have it stolen by some 15 year old who sucks so they download a mod and get 150 kills and 0 deaths.

Really ruined the game and I can speak for most of the community when I say, we PC players felt completely abandoned. You can come on to announce the next game in the opening menu screen but can't take a day to change the cheater kicking features?

Unless this is addressed now, I see the next game going the same way..

Replies

• Lonnisity
    1943 posts Member
    I owned the game on Xbox and would've bought another copy for PC had they handled post-launch correctly. But they let it fall apart and therefore did not receive my extra money
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • I am still waiting for them to talk about this subject. There's no way I will put myself through that crap again
  • Probably going to be similar problems. Get ready to be dissapointed. Best bet is to accept that this sort of thing happens and just go to console.
  • I feel sorry for the current pc crowd. They've got a pretty legit question that deserves some sort of response one way or the other.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    They most likely will abandon the PC heads again, shame.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    No, they do care in this BF2. But of course, the way they handled hackers in BF 2015 was unacceptable.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Shinjuku wrote: »
    No, they do care in this BF2.

Link?
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Makes all the money I spent on Xbox live worth it
  • Probably going to be similar problems. Get ready to be dissapointed. Best bet is to accept that this sort of thing happens and just go to console.

I'd rather just not give them my money.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Probably going to be similar problems. Get ready to be dissapointed. Best bet is to accept that this sort of thing happens and just go to console.

Ur loss
  • yodajedifishmaster
    1361 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    the games firms have only just begun to have success against the hackers who make and sell the cheats recently. idk nor care why it took so long to hunt them down and sic lawyers on em and drag em to court but overwatch (i think it was) had a tool sold by a german company who just got fined and ordered to pay damages for reverse engineering the code. gta had a mod taken down by its author after take two sent a legal threat. they backed down because rockstar supported the modder and the mod wasnt intended originally to be used in the online (some misused it tho) and rockstar supposedly are helping fix that. i have heard of other cases pending on other games.

until EA realise they get more money if they stomp on the cheaters - both in damages and legal costs plus in happier and better selling pc games, nothing will change.

hey cheaters are complete failures. they fail at real life and they fail at playing games even. i feel pity at somebody so utterly useless to society that they have to cheat online to even win at a game. not that i would trust a cheater with any important job though - would you give a cheater a job to do with finance? either they would embezzle from company accounts or just make it go bust through being such a failure. probably they would fail at trying to embezzle too lol.

this is best description i ever saw about cheaters.

fail-at-failing.jpg
    invalid brain token
  • JigglybeanTV
    1093 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    EvazanJr wrote: »
    Probably going to be similar problems. Get ready to be dissapointed. Best bet is to accept that this sort of thing happens and just go to console.

Ur loss

Tell that to kanjiklub
  • AcolyteofRevan97
    42 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I mean, you guys know some people are actually just super good at the game right?

When I used to play uncharted 3 multiplayer hardcore I was able to guess when players were going to come around the corner from across the map with fairly good accuracy.

Uncharted 3 had a feature where you could watch the match after it ended from any players perspective, and you could clearly tell that all the best players in the game used the same strategy I used, scrambling the camera back and forth from a sad position and carefully calculating when players would pop up around corners.

The best players in multiplayer shooter are able to predict and guess what other players are going to do, and calculate their general behavior.

My only worry is that if you use things like algorithms to ban players, you might be banning people who are just really skilled, and not cheating.

That was a problem I heard about in battlefield 1.

It can be annoying if you start out as a shorty player, but once you find out how to play skillfully and keep your killstreak up, the game bans you cause it thinks you're cheating now that you're finally good.

It's lose-lose multiplayer.
  • I mean, you guys know some people are actually just super good at the game right?

When I used to play uncharted 3 multiplayer hardcore I was able to guess when players were going to come around the corner from across the map with fairly good accuracy.

Uncharted 3 had a feature where you could watch the match after it ended from any players perspective, and you could clearly tell that all the best players in the game used the same strategy I used, scrambling the camera back and forth from a sad position and carefully calculating when players would pop up around corners.

The best players in multiplayer shooter are able to predict and guess what other players are going to do, and calculate their general behavior.

My only worry is that if you use things like algorithms to ban players, you might be banning people who are just really skilled, and not cheating.

It can be annoying if you start out as a shorty player, but once you find out how to play skillfully and keep your killstreak up, the game bans you cause it thinks you're cheating now that you're finally good.

giphy.gif
    There are actually cheaters on pc. Not just 'gud' players.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    the games firms have only just begun to have success against the hackers who make and sell the cheats recently. idk nor care why it took so long to hunt them down and sic lawyers on em and drag em to court but overwatch (i think it was) had a tool sold by a german company who just got fined and ordered to pay damages for reverse engineering the code. gta had a mod taken down by its author after take two sent a legal threat. they backed down because rockstar supported the modder and the mod wasnt intended originally to be used in the online (some misused it tho) and rockstar supposedly are helping fix that. i have heard of other cases pending on other games.

until EA realise they get more money if they stomp on the cheaters - both in damages and legal costs plus in happier and better selling pc games, nothing will change.

hey cheaters are complete failures. they fail at real life and they fail at playing games even. i feel pity at somebody so utterly useless to society that they have to cheat online to even win at a game. not that i would trust a cheater with any important job though - would you give a cheater a job to do with finance? either they would embezzle from company accounts or just make it go bust through being such a failure. probably they would fail at trying to embezzle too lol.

fail-at-failing.jpg
    I mean go right ahead at looking down on people who do anything against the terms and conditions (and ruin the game) but it's not their fault- it's ea's. People aren't usually cruel or mean who do it they just don't realize why rules are in place, like to break rules (teens) and mainly: if rules aren't enforced, they mine as well not be there (no one is stopping them). I could go on and on but mainly it's just people aren't no-life's who cheat; Just people influenced by the fantasy environment of video games.
  • JigglybeanTV
    1093 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I mean, you guys know some people are actually just super good at the game right?

Yeah I guess that must explain this
    Post edited by ThePoolshark on
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

fail-at-failing.jpg
    I mean go right ahead at looking down on people who do anything against the terms and conditions (and ruin the game) but it's not their fault- it's ea's. People aren't usually cruel or mean who do it they just don't realize why rules are in place, like to break rules (teens) and mainly: if rules aren't enforced, they mine as well not be there (no one is stopping them). I could go on and on but mainly it's just people aren't no-life's who cheat; Just people influenced by the fantasy environment of video games.

No. I'm pretty sure hackers and cheaters are driven to cheat and hack by themselves. I dont think EA did a press release inviting them in to ruin the community or force them to hack at gunpoint. Hackers are scum, and nobody of any age or background is excused from being such if they knowingly cheat and hack.
  • I mean, you guys know some people are actually just super good at the game right?

I am one of those "best players". Almost always MVP and 1 in 3 full games the top score overall. Like I said, I'm complaining because I work hard to get those scores and then some kid can take 10 minutes to drop a mod file in some game folder and outperform me 2 to 1 if he's on my team and if he's not I just leave.

I don't call people cheaters because A. you'll get people like yourself that seem to thrive on whining about people saying "cheater" and B. Because ea won't do jack about it.
  • Modding/Cheating/Hacking/Whatever
    Is so easy on battlefront that I actually was screaming in chat at this kid(its obvious he was a kid from his response) for using a aim bot.

I told him he had no talent and sucked at the game so he had to resort to cheating.

He apologized to me, said he did not mean to **** anyone off and would turn the mod off. Sure enough he comes back on and he's not cheating.

He's literally the only person I've ever encountered that legitimately did not realize he would harm the game from downloading a mod.
    What that tells me is that downloading a mod was so easy, this guy did it without a second thought. I give him props for respecting the fellow players in the game but nobody else that cheats is going to turn their mods off just because players tell them to. EA needs to **** this in the bud.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »

Paying to use the Internet after already paying for the Internet? No thanks
  • NickygUrl wrote: »
    EvazanJr wrote: »

Paying to use the Internet after already paying for the Internet? No thanks
    paying 4 a game 4 times over because they split it in 4 prior to release and sell the last 3 parts as 'DLC' in stages post release? OK im gullible and have no sense of what games or money are worth...

(thats how it is these days)

ironically the only game using the DLC model correctly that i can think of is elite dangerous.

invalid brain token
  • Bump..

Cheating has gotten so bad on Battlefront that the multiplayer is almost unplayable. 1 in 2 games now has a person(s) using mods. Almost all of them using the one hit kill mod which instantly kills any player or hero regardless of health.

Whats worse is the cheaters know EA will do nothing to stop them. I had one named Venezuala77 actually taunting me and other players about it as he was using his cheat.

The game is completely dead.. Here it is a Thursday and there's not a single game server up. I've been searching for about an hour now. Go to any other game released within the past 2 years and you'll find several servers full/going.

If EA abandons this game as well, I see Battlefront being mothballed.
  • The devs haven't said anything about improving the anti cheat system which is not a good sign. Same thing could happen.
  • Got a little something from Reddit.
    Z0y4lBX.png
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • It sounds good on paper but how well will it work? We shall see.
    If anything, it sounds better than Battlefront 2015's anti-cheating system. I don't play Battlefront on PC, but people have said it's pretty bad.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • This sounds pretty good.
    There is an anit-cheat software for Battlefront (2015)? :D I play it casually and there are still cheaters.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Got a little something from Reddit.
    Z0y4lBX.png

It's no different to SWBF EA. The problem is, that EA do not follow through. 3 months of hacking = 1 week ban. It simply is not good enough.

Also, love how my other post was edited - I guess seeing the problem visually is a big 'no no' and sums up the approach here - Rug and sweeping the problem under it.
  • Cheaters somehow think they are being clever or funny. Theyre losers in life who have to make someone else's gaming experience miserable. Its all about feeling like they have control over something or someone. It's the same state of mind that a bully or some other criminal has over their victims. Their low self-esteem results in their need to assault others physically or emotionally. That's how they quench their need for power.

At times I think EA let's cheaters run rampant to make BF1 unplayable to the point people have to buy BF2 to enjoy a star wars game. It's sorta like how every Apple iPhone software update causes the phone to perform worse and worse over time.
  • AaronM1978 wrote: »
    Cheaters somehow think they are being clever or funny. Theyre losers in life who have to make someone else's gaming experience miserable. Its all about feeling like they have control over something or someone. It's the same state of mind that a bully or some other criminal has over their victims. Their low self-esteem results in their need to assault others physically or emotionally. That's how they quench their need for power.

At times I think EA let's cheaters run rampant to make BF1 unplayable to the point people have to buy BF2 to enjoy a star wars game. It's sorta like how every Apple iPhone software update causes the phone to perform worse and worse over time.
    Those are some words....
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I don't have faith on the PC.

┐(‘~`;)┌
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Alex64
    6712 posts Member
    AaronM1978 wrote: »
    Cheaters somehow think they are being clever or funny. Theyre losers in life who have to make someone else's gaming experience miserable. Its all about feeling like they have control over something or someone. It's the same state of mind that a bully or some other criminal has over their victims. Their low self-esteem results in their need to assault others physically or emotionally. That's how they quench their need for power.

You're wrong.
    SWBF is also available in consoles.
    E sono una imbranata
  • Alex64 wrote: »

You're wrong.

That game is no fun on any console I literally cursed the person out who told me it was worth buying
  • Alex64
    6712 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

You're wrong.

That game is no fun on any console I literally cursed the person out who told me it was worth buying

That's your opinion.
    E sono una imbranata

You're wrong.

That's your opinion.

Sorry dude I just had a lot of expectations since the originals were so good. The graphics were cool and the maps were big but it still felt like we got a fraction of the original games

You're wrong.

That's your opinion.

Sorry dude I just had a lot of expectations since the originals were so good. The graphics were cool and the maps were big but it still felt like we got a fraction of the original games
    Well they restricted Battlefront 2015 to just the GCW era.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif

You're wrong.

That's your opinion.

Well they restricted Battlefront 2015 to just the GCW era.

That's exactly what my problem was with it, they hinted that they might ad a bunch of content so you should buy it and then they added greeto and thought I'd be satisfied. They shouldn't even call the game battlefront that's a misleading title
    If anything, it sounds better than Battlefront 2015's anti-cheating system. I don't play Battlefront on PC, but people have said it's pretty bad.

That's putting it lightly.

I came on 7am Sunday morning(this is eastern time). You'd think all the kids with mods would still be in bed until 1pm when they get up to start their sociopath day. But no.. 3 of them were in one server.

I keep threatening to uninstall the game and I doubt I'll be playing 3 days from now. On PC its at the point that there are so many people with mods that most players are leaving in droves and there's only a couple servers going due to lack of player counts.
  • AaronM1978 wrote: »

I'm the same way. I want power over others. But I won't cheat.
    For me multiplayer is a way to show my IQ is higher than everyone else I'm playing with. If there's someone thats better than me I see it as a challenge to beat them and prove my mental capabilities.

It's fun. There' a quote from Jurassic Park 2 "The greatest hunter that ever lived is on this island. The second greatest has to take him out." And that's basically my gaming style. But with cheaters on, there's no point of even trying to get #1 score because it's usually impossible.

Cheating to me is just boring.. Wow you killed someone with a file.. Great job!
  • I do wish they would acknowledge it and not let it just be the elephant in the room. I would like to see that my money is being protected in terms of not letting hacking ruin game play.
  • I bought BF 2 on PC, in hoping that they will use an Anti-cheat programing like they do for the Battlefield games, like Punkbuster? But i also know EA does not always follow through with what other and smaller Gaming companies will do for Anti-cheat programs, so i bought BF 2 for PS4 as well; and also because i want to use my PS4 controller for flying.

EA would have the biggest market in PC it it wasn't for the Cheaters EA allows to rum rampant.

That can be a Huge understatement, as i play it on PC sometimes til' the Cheaters just own the whole game. Then i leave being very PO'd. Sure there are some good players, but good plays only go so far for so many amount of games people play.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member

You're right, I mean it pretty much makes sense as to why everyone's pleas is falling on deaf ears. They want to deviously push everyone over to the sequel so it gets sales and in turn they get their big fat pay cheque.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • I may have ordered this for PC and then PS4. But i'm really a PC man. I cannot play console games that well since Super Mario 3 i believe with Nintendo.

It ultimately comes down to whether they/EA want this game to to really be a real success. EA's BF 1 was terrible for PC. Graphics are not the only thing that make a good game. I'd rather use a 64 bit good Star Wars Battlefront game than what is the BF 1 on PC now.
  • AltoJun
    99 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm affraid we will have more of the same. Just google it and you will find it. SWBFII will have the same anti-cheat system (FairFight) and it's a game based on the Frostbite 3 engine, well knowned to hackers. So follow this link and see for yourselfs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7jQUWQKMWzIcFAxaTdFamk0OUk

I still hope they change their approach to this problem. Or this will be their undoing.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    AltoJun wrote: »
    I'm affraid we will have more of the same. Just google it and you will find it. SWBFII will have the same anti-cheat system (FairFight) and it's a game based on the Frostbite 3 engine, well knowned to hackers. So follow this link and see for yourselfs:

I still hope they change their approach to this problem. Or this will be their undoing.

Oh wow, thanks for posting this. I guess this answers a lot of people's questions who have major concerns about the hacking going on with the PC version. Welp, I can't say that I'm surprised. Typical of EA/DICE, I wonder if they will continue to patch and keep upgrading the anti cheat software well after the game has been released.
    MLtmeEi.png
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    AltoJun wrote: »

Not surprising in the least. If anything I'm glad cheats have already surfaced in the alpha. It'll give them some time to address it.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • That is TERRIBLE, EA will lose a lot of money hopefully, until they do their damm jobs right. If they can't then don't bother making the dammed game. No excuses.
  • That is TERRIBLE, EA will lose a lot of money hopefully, until they do their damm jobs right. If they can't then don't bother making the dammed game. No excuses.
    Really? Now you're just cherrypicking, out of everything they're doing for Battlefront fans, you're going to choose one thing (that just happened to be apparently negative) and act like it ruins the game? Wow, just wow.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • If you dont think cheaters ruin games, you need an Intelligence check period.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!