criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

What is EA going to do about the PC Cheating problem?

**CONSOLE PLAYERS F OFF** This topic is for PC only since we are the platform that deals with the cheating.

Is EA going to pump out the expansions and then abandon us much like the current Battlefront? Or can we expect vote kicking or at least something worth a darn?

The current battlefront that I paid $60 for is no longer playable in multiplayer. You go on and some kid downloaded a mod and has 150 kills, insta kills luke or bossk and nothing is done because you've got your 30 pieces of silver and have moved on..

I remember the original Battlefront games from the early 2000s. Years after the games came out people were still on, there were actually good clan communities. None of that exists now. It's just cheaters and dumb ***** who purchased the game recently only to discover the cheating everywhere.

Thanks for reading. - Person who spends 8-10 hours a week on multiplayer, beta tested, been level 100 for about 9 months now and am routinely #1 in the matches played unless a modder is present.

Replies

• There's one simple solution - it's not ideal - but don't buy it. I am still waiting for EA to discuss their 'plan' on tackling hackers before I purchase. No plan, no purchase. I can live without yet another badly made hack fest.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    There's one simple solution - it's not ideal - but don't buy it. I am still waiting for EA to discuss their 'plan' on tackling hackers before I purchase. No plan, no purchase. I can live without yet another badly made hack fest.

Truth, there's a lot of stuff including the anti-cheat software, server browser, in-game voice chat they have not addressed. It's slowly creeping up to the beta & release date too.
    AltoJun wrote: »
    I'm affraid we will have more of the same. Just google it and you will find it. SWBFII will have the same anti-cheat system (FairFight) and it's a game based on the Frostbite 3 engine, well knowned to hackers. So follow this link and see for yourselfs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7jQUWQKMWzIcFAxaTdFamk0OUk

I still hope they change their approach to this problem. Or this will be their undoing.

Not sure if you two have seen this post but I hope this about sums it up and answers your concerns.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • IMPACT
    34 posts Member
    I hope they will improve FairFight anti-chet
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    Cheating needs to be solved.

I'd say just put one person in charge of just banning people. Even if the chances of getting banned are .1% that will scare some people away from cheating.
  • Getting caught is the easy part, but its when they slap just a weeks ban for 3-4 months of relentless hacking. It's simply 2 fingers being stuck up at players saying 'we have your cash - tough'.

If that post above is correct, then I won't be wasting my money again. Lightning does not strike twice when game companies rip me off.
  • Getting caught is the easy part, but its when they slap just a weeks ban for 3-4 months of relentless hacking. It's simply 2 fingers being stuck up at players saying 'we have your cash - tough'.

If that post above is correct, then I won't be wasting my money again. Lightning does not strike twice when game companies rip me off.

Agreed.I'm done with this.It's beyond a joke.
  • Sadly, i can't evade this game, i love star wars, and EA has my money warranted on Battlefront 2, just hope at least vote kick, banning would be better, but just a Vote kick could make a lot of difference, and no, to anyone else complaining about vote kicking, have you ever played games with vote kick? And if yes and you get kicked for trolling or being good, well, that's ***** and bad luck, at least me, never happened.
  • **CONSOLE PLAYERS F OFF** .

You could have just easily have said this is meant for pc players only. You don't have to insult people to get your point across

You could have just easily have said this is meant for pc players only. You don't have to insult people to get your point across

Console players are like Canadians involved in US politics.. You guys are always very vocal and in our threads telling us how we should do our platform. At this point it's just plain annoying and if me venting the letter F keeps you out, it's well worth it. Sorry not sorry.

Console players are like Canadians involved in US politics.. You guys are always very vocal and in our threads telling us how we should do our platform. At this point it's just plain annoying and if me venting the letter F keeps you out, it's well worth it. Sorry not sorry.

It's the other way around actually pc players are the weird ones calling their ham bacon
  • Sorry not sorry lol
  • Battle Eye end of story!

Ngl it just makes me want to spam up your thread with gifs.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Just for fun you should make another thread about whether or not cheating will get fixed on PC...could always switch to ps4...
  • **CONSOLE PLAYERS F OFF**

Such a nice & kind way to tell console players to not reply to the thread.

Okay but seriously, Did you really have to be that extreme about a console player on this thread?
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• DeFaLt17 wrote: »
    **CONSOLE PLAYERS F OFF**

Such a nice & kind way to tell console players to not reply to the thread.

Okay but seriously, Did you really have to be that extreme about a console player on this thread?
    :'(
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Just for fun you should make another thread about whether or not cheating will get fixed on PC...could always switch to ps4...

I'm a master at the PC, why would I leave what I'm good at for lesser graphics and a lesser score?
    You console people forget where you came from.. PC started it all.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    Danxoln wrote: »

I'm a master at the PC, why would I leave what I'm good at for lesser graphics and a lesser score?

We are mere spawn from the PC, but jokes a side. Do you think some folks might try take advantage of the vote to kick? I guess if the cheating is very common on the PC surely it'd do more good than harm right?
    MLtmeEi.png
  • EA has not made a single comment about this, which should give everyone all the information they need about about how little they have done.
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member

Haha I could care less what started it all, and I could care less what your preference is. Fact is, you've made at least 3 threads on PC cheating, looks to me like you have 2 choices, either switch to console or play a different game. I would bet they don't do anything about cheating anymore with bf1
  • IronSoldier
    3804 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    All they need to do is make fairfight stricter- to a similar level of BF1. Current SWBF "settings" are super laxed and really only pick you up if you do wacky stuff or go over 100 kills.

Haha I could care less what started it all, and I could care less what your preference is. Fact is, you've made at least 3 threads on PC cheating, looks to me like you have 2 choices, either switch to console or play a different game. I would bet they don't do anything about cheating anymore with bf1

Oh god I did not come and ask your personal permission to ask if we could get OUR(not your) platform fixed.. Gash golly darn I sure do apologize little lady.. Next time I make a thread relating to a platform you don't play, I'll be sure to come ask you...

Another dotard who feels everything involves them because they're just so smarty smart smart!
  • All they need to do is make fairfight stricter- to a similar level of BF1. Current SWBF "settings" are super laxed and really only pick you up if you do wacky stuff or go over 100 kills.

The problem with that is as say Luke or Bossk or in a vehicle like an AT AT or AT ST it is easy to get 5+ kills with one strike. I've noticed when I get a ton of kills in a short time(say 10 in less than 2 seconds) my game freezes and I can't help but think those in the server see "Fairfight has kicked". Fairfight just seems to be a broken system. EA apparently wants to build its future but just does not care about dealing with the gaps/issues.
  • ROMG4
    2980 posts Member

Great now you made me agree with that dude thanks a lot Dan

Now me and that dude agree on something and that's disgusting to me because he wants a Zombie Game Mode
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Agree with PC Battlefront. Some day it is just unplayable due to some cheating players.
    Last night, our team was just sitting duck at respawn point.
    Day before, some one did some sniper thing on a distance you can not match without super skills...

The game is great, but I will not buy BF2 (or another EA software) before to have some fairfight garantee !

Oh god I did not come and ask your personal permission to ask if we could get OUR(not your) platform fixed.. Gash golly darn I sure do apologize little lady.. Next time I make a thread relating to a platform you don't play, I'll be sure to come ask you...

Another dotard who feels everything involves them because they're just so smarty smart smart!
    Don't worry, he just underestimates the power of the PC master race : P

• Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    All they need to do is make fairfight stricter- to a similar level of BF1. Current SWBF "settings" are super laxed and really only pick you up if you do wacky stuff or go over 100 kills.

The problem with that is as say Luke or Bossk or in a vehicle like an AT AT or AT ST it is easy to get 5+ kills with one strike. I've noticed when I get a ton of kills in a short time(say 10 in less than 2 seconds) my game freezes and I can't help but think those in the server see "Fairfight has kicked". Fairfight just seems to be a broken system. EA apparently wants to build its future but just does not care about dealing with the gaps/issues.

So the FairFight anti cheat software actually boots you out of a game if you simultaneously kill a group of people? Alrighty, that seems very frustrating, I think that there should be a vote to kick if that's the case. It'd match up really nice with having a in-game voice chat so if that hacker/cheater is still acting up you can just talk to everyone or whoever is on your team/squad to conspire against him and vote to kick promptly removing the offender. It seems like a very good way around this.
    MLtmeEi.png

Is this really a debate? Who cares. First off. Not all Console players care that much about this debate. Second..... Console is better. No Hackers. :p Third... When you say Console players F off!! That translates to... "Come spam my thread console players!!"

For the record. I hope they do fix the cheating on PC. It is the only reason I will not buy it on PC. (Some people are both PC and Console.)
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    @T0TALfps this thread is kinda getting out of hand
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member

57267e3ed7b96fbc3320bb3eff5ddc0a.png
    MLtmeEi.png
  • ROMG4
    2980 posts Member

"THAT MEMBER IS A SPY!"
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • I'm a Console player, and I take cheating very seriously.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • In the Europe region, there are many hackers online. Many players do report them but then already 2 games have been spoiled.

Biggest hope for the next game is that they fix this, or actively ban the players from ever playing the game again.

Ever tried to have fun when one person hops with infinite jump-pack over the map spraying TL-50 and one shotting everyone?

To clear up, it is not that you encounter hackers once a week, but seriously almost 30% of the walker assault matches have a one shotting hacker. Every day you encounter them.
  • Unobtonium wrote: »
    In the Europe region, there are many hackers online. Many players do report them but then already 2 games have been spoiled.

Biggest hope for the next game is that they fix this, or actively ban the players from ever playing the game again.

Ever tried to have fun when one person hops with infinite jump-pack over the map spraying TL-50 and one shotting everyone?

To clear up, it is not that you encounter hackers once a week, but seriously almost 30% of the walker assault matches have a one shotting hacker. Every day you encounter them.

I'm not hoping on anything...if they don't fix hacking in the current game I'm not gonna buy the next one and whenever I see someone advertise the new game I'll mention it.
  • This one issue is the primary reason why I've stopped playing multiplayer games on PC and moved to console. I personally believe that most game publishers have all but given up even bothering to try fighting the cheat developers, if the last few major titles are any indication (Black Ops 3 being an exception - Treycarch took cheating on PC very, very seriously and had one of the best anti-cheat systems around, imo).

Unless a game has a way to watch the previous match from another players point of view, and a human being to send the footage to if you suspect them of cheating, I won't even consider buying for PC. That's the MINIMUM, by the way. Automated systems take too long to deal with the problem (the ones that actually work, that is), though they should also be there to catch the more obvious and known cheats.

• Unobtonium wrote: »
    In the Europe region, there are many hackers online. Many players do report them but then already 2 games have been spoiled.

Lets call them what they are. Cheats or Modders. They are not hackers and I believe you're giving them a title they do not deserve. They get off on being called hackers. The thrill is like calling a security guard at a mall a state highway patrol officer..

All these kids do is pay $20, get a file and go put it in a folder on their computer. It takes no skill or knowledge and they just do not deserve to be called "hackers".
  • Jendoon wrote: »
    Unobtonium wrote: »

I'm not hoping on anything...if they don't fix hacking in the current game I'm not gonna buy the next one and whenever I see someone advertise the new game I'll mention it.

EA is focused on making a dollar quickly and moving on to the next cash cow. The current battlefront stopped being profitable for them after the first content release, hence why the rushed the rest out as quickly as they could and now have abandoned it. They know about the cheater problem but they do nothing because that would require putting resources(employees) to work on something that gains them nothing(screw the consumer).

A while back I read that PC gaming sales were way up and it was coming back in style. But if they refuse to actually try to stop cheaters I see it as the death of the industry. And what's sad is these stupid little kids who download these mods do not understand they are trading a few weeks of fun cheating for killing the PC gaming industry. In another 5 years they may not have any games to cheat on.. Really stupid. But hey, it's mostly children and thats what children are, little dumb**ses.(I hate children)