criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Idea for a more realistic game

When you change the shoulder camera in the third person view, it would be right that you change the arm which you are using to fire (in the case of the B2 battle droid) or change the weapon to the other arm because when you are covering with a wall or a column, your blaster fires from the right (in case that your shoulder camera is in the left) to the center at the right, and it's less probably that the shot strikes with the wall or column than if your shoulder camera is on the right because your blaster fires from the right to the center at the left and it's more probably that the shot strikes with the wall or column. I know that doesn't happen in the past Battlefront, but it's a bit unrealistic
What do you think?

Replies

  • It isn't worth making a model for something that has minimal effect on anything.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    It isn't worth making a model for something that has minimal effect on anything.

    Yeah, but it's like the droid's hit box, that doesn't matter for anyone, except isn't for balance, is for a more realistic game.
    I won't be angry if they don't change this, but I would like to
  • I don't know why nobody wants to give me their opinion.
    They didn't care to at least deny my idea
  • Well, I think that would be cool, but I'm unsure if they'll do it.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Well, I think that would be cool, but I'm unsure if they'll do it.

    If we continue to comment, they are probably going to do it!!
  • Well, I think that would be cool, but I'm unsure if they'll do it.

    If we continue to comment, they are probably going to do it!!

    They might have already started working on it, since they said they are revamping the blaster combat.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Well, I think that would be cool, but I'm unsure if they'll do it.

    If we continue to comment, they are probably going to do it!!

    They might have already started working on it, since they said they are revamping the blaster combat.

    I hope so, but probably the are working in the aim dynamic, like when you jump or run or keep firing some time your aim is worst
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I don't know why nobody wants to give me their opinion.
    They didn't care to at least deny my idea

    I don't like this idea at all. Waste of their time, IMO.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Well, I think that would be cool, but I'm unsure if they'll do it.

    If we continue to comment, they are probably going to do it!!

    They might have already started working on it, since they said they are revamping the blaster combat.

    I hope so, but probably the are working in the aim dynamic, like when you jump or run or keep firing some time your aim is worst

    Probably. Also, spread, hip fire vs ADS.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I don't know why nobody wants to give me their opinion.
    They didn't care to at least deny my idea

    I don't like this idea at all. Waste of their time, IMO.

    But just is for a more realistic game and it would look cool
    It's not a priority but it would be cool
  • Well, I think that would be cool, but I'm unsure if they'll do it.

    If we continue to comment, they are probably going to do it!!

    They might have already started working on it, since they said they are revamping the blaster combat.

    I hope so, but probably the are working in the aim dynamic, like when you jump or run or keep firing some time your aim is worst

    Probably. Also, spread, hip fire vs ADS.

    What's ADS?
  • ADS is Aiming Down Sights
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I don't know why nobody wants to give me their opinion.
    They didn't care to at least deny my idea

    I don't like this idea at all. Waste of their time, IMO.

    +1
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I don't know why nobody wants to give me their opinion.
    They didn't care to at least deny my idea

    I don't like this idea at all. Waste of their time, IMO.
    Blazur wrote: »
    I don't know why nobody wants to give me their opinion.
    They didn't care to at least deny my idea

    I don't like this idea at all. Waste of their time, IMO.

    +1

    Maybe for those that play in the first person view
  • Well, I think that would be cool, but I'm unsure if they'll do it.

    If we continue to comment, they are probably going to do it!!

    They might have already started working on it, since they said they are revamping the blaster combat.

    I hope so, but probably the are working in the aim dynamic, like when you jump or run or keep firing some time your aim is worst

    Probably. Also, spread, hip fire vs ADS.

    Yes
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    When you change the shoulder camera in the third person view, it would be right that you change the arm which you are using to fire (in the case of the B2 battle droid) or change the weapon to the other arm because when you are covering with a wall or a column, your blaster fires from the right (in case that your shoulder camera is in the left) to the center at the right, and it's less probably that the shot strikes with the wall or column than if your shoulder camera is on the right because your blaster fires from the right to the center at the left and it's more probably that the shot strikes with the wall or column. I know that doesn't happen in the past Battlefront, but it's a bit unrealistic
    What do you think?

    Intriguing idea. I'm not certain it would be more realistic, but I think it would make for better 3rd person play. I only play 3rd person. (because I HATE 1st person view...always have. It doesn't look/feel right to me, and no peripheral view. BF2015 is the only shooter in my collection. The rest are all 3rd person adventure games.) When I have to take cover in the current game I make use of flipping the camera accordingly. If flipped over the left shoulder, then to move out and get a clear shot you must expose more of your body to fire right handed. Switching hands when flipping the shoulder would make it even exposure from either side.

    Also, to the best of my knowledge every shooter game has always been primarily right handed. The lefties of the world would probably dig being able to electronically play with their dominant hand.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    When you change the shoulder camera in the third person view, it would be right that you change the arm which you are using to fire (in the case of the B2 battle droid) or change the weapon to the other arm because when you are covering with a wall or a column, your blaster fires from the right (in case that your shoulder camera is in the left) to the center at the right, and it's less probably that the shot strikes with the wall or column than if your shoulder camera is on the right because your blaster fires from the right to the center at the left and it's more probably that the shot strikes with the wall or column. I know that doesn't happen in the past Battlefront, but it's a bit unrealistic
    What do you think?

    Intriguing idea. I'm not certain it would be more realistic, but I think it would make for better 3rd person play. I only play 3rd person. (because I HATE 1st person view...always have. It doesn't look/feel right to me, and no peripheral view. BF2015 is the only shooter in my collection. The rest are all 3rd person adventure games.) When I have to take cover in the current game I make use of flipping the camera accordingly. If flipped over the left shoulder, then to move out and get a clear shot you must expose more of your body to fire right handed. Switching hands when flipping the shoulder would make it even exposure from either side.

    Also, to the best of my knowledge every shooter game has always been primarily right handed. The lefties of the world would probably dig being able to electronically play with their dominant hand.

    I agree with you about the first person view and the option for the lefties
    Here is why I think it would be more realistic: in the current game, changing hands don't affect your aim, but in the real life, it will because you hinder yourself so to make a good shot you have to get exposed or to take a bad position
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    I agree with you about the first person view and the option for the lefties
    Here is why I think it would be more realistic: in the current game, changing hands don't affect your aim, but in the real life, it will because you hinder yourself so to make a good shot you have to get exposed or to take a bad position

    I see the point. I counter that having this put in would need to be fashioned as a technique that can be improved. Because in real life, with practice you can become equally adept from both sides. Thoughts?

    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    I agree with you about the first person view and the option for the lefties
    Here is why I think it would be more realistic: in the current game, changing hands don't affect your aim, but in the real life, it will because you hinder yourself so to make a good shot you have to get exposed or to take a bad position

    I see the point. I counter that having this put in would need to be fashioned as a technique that can be improved. Because in real life, with practice you can become equally adept from both sides. Thoughts?

    Yes, that's a good idea, but I think maybe it would be a bit illogic because the clones are trained, as imperials and others, and the droids are programmed and they don't a better arm than other
  • MWB33
    1384 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »
    I agree with you about the first person view and the option for the lefties
    Here is why I think it would be more realistic: in the current game, changing hands don't affect your aim, but in the real life, it will because you hinder yourself so to make a good shot you have to get exposed or to take a bad position

    I see the point. I counter that having this put in would need to be fashioned as a technique that can be improved. Because in real life, with practice you can become equally adept from both sides. Thoughts?

    Yes, that's a good idea, but I think maybe it would be a bit illogic because the clones are trained, as imperials and others, and the droids are programmed and they don't a better arm than other

    True, but the level of training is slightly different once you move from clones/droids to the other eras. Just thinking across the board...
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Alex64
    7401 posts Member
    I don't understand your point, this isn't GOW
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • MWB33 wrote: »
    MWB33 wrote: »
    I agree with you about the first person view and the option for the lefties
    Here is why I think it would be more realistic: in the current game, changing hands don't affect your aim, but in the real life, it will because you hinder yourself so to make a good shot you have to get exposed or to take a bad position

    I see the point. I counter that having this put in would need to be fashioned as a technique that can be improved. Because in real life, with practice you can become equally adept from both sides. Thoughts?

    Yes, that's a good idea, but I think maybe it would be a bit illogic because the clones are trained, as imperials and others, and the droids are programmed and they don't a better arm than other

    True, but the level of training is slightly different once you move from clones/droids to the other eras. Just thinking across the board...

    Yes but the point is that every class is the same in all eras, you can use all the weapons and star cards, the only difference are the skins
  • I think every weapon can be used with both arms, except the vanguard replenish weapon, how do you think this could be posible (if they're doing it)?
  • I want standing still and shooting give you a bigger advantage than zigzagging and shooting.
  • Edalin007 wrote: »
    I want standing still and shooting give you a bigger advantage than zigzagging and shooting.

    It will, but with my idea you won't have to get exposed to shot on the right side
  • Would be a nice detail.
  • I played Battlefront 2015 today and we need this to be added, seriously
  • I think my idea can be implemented in lightsaber wieldings, what do you think?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!