criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Heroes of different ages

I just saw a gameplay of the gamescom and again I saw heroes of different epochs fighting at the same time, in game mode hero vs villain would be fine if they mix everything but in game modes like those we have seen should not merge them

Does anyone know if they have said something about it?

Replies

• My assumption is that they're just having cross-era hero fighting for the reveal gameplay so that people can get a sense of how those heroes will play.

...at least that's what I hope is going on.
  • Well this is just to show off all the hero vehicles but there is a high chance that this will be how it is at launch
  • I sincerely hope everyone saying 'it's just for the demos' is right, but I've seen nothing that's convinced me they aren't launching with it.
  • I sincerely hope everyone saying 'it's just for the demos' is right, but I've seen nothing that's convinced me they aren't launching with it.
    " I have a bad feeling about this"
    RIP Sig Gifs, It would be nice to have coruscant, and big offline content modes, and these heroes at launch:
    Prequel era : yoda, obi wan, Anakin, padme, maul, jango, dooku, grievous,
    Original era: Luke, leia, Han, chewy, Vader, palps, boba, bossk
    New era: Rey, kylo

I don't know what's worse. Them not confirming it to be a demo-only thing, or them saying that they're considering it.

The fact that Poolshark is in favour of it, and he's a Game-Changer, honestly makes me worry. (no offense to you tho Pool).
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!

I don't know what's worse. Them not confirming it to be a demo-only thing, or them saying that they're considering it.

The fact that Poolshark is in favour of it, and he's a Game-Changer, honestly makes me worry. (no offense to you tho Pool).

And about every other game changer with maybe the exception of HQ because I don't think they ever even know what's going on
  • I'm pretty sure they've talked about this;

I remember they said that it was just for showing the heroes they had ready on E3 (same here on Gamescom), heroes on they respective era or cross-era stuff is among the community, if there's a lot of people who disagree, then there will not be cross-era and viceversa.
    Well they already said they haven't decided, and it wouldn't be a good marketing decision to only show off one era in a game with 3 eras.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • No cross era heroes plz. I would support cross era maps tho (only on certain maps where its plausible tho).

As is BFUpdates. Always says he doesn't mind it because it's "fun" (which it isn't) and he's, like, BFFs with Dennis, so...yeah, worrying.

However, I'd just like to repeat something that someone else said elsewhere, and that is that when you actually look at the marketing they've done so far, the promotional stills, trailers, etc, you never actually see cross-era in there, it's only ever been in the demos at the conventions. Like in the Galactic Assault trailer, we see Darth Maul on Theed but not Rey, or Han, or Boba. Similarly, the Starfighter Assault trailer shows Black One & the TIE Silencer in the ST era, Red-5 & TIE Advanced in the OT, Falcon & Slave I in the OT, and the Scimitar & Eta-2 in PT but none of these ships are shown in any other era than the one they belong to. So maybe this is a sign that cross-era really is just for the demos since they maybe don't have all era-accurate heroes ready to show yet.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • maybe its all a sick prank to get us triggered lol
  • ROMG4
    2955 posts Member
    What the heck is a Game Changer?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Youtubers (most at least are youtubers) that misrepresent what the majority of the community wants
  • The second season is geriatric Han, Luke, and Leia. The third season is episode one Anakin and teenage padme
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

Well-Known members of the Battlefront community that are invited by DICE and co to play-test and give feedback on new builds of the game.
    We're finally getting the High Ground man! Wooooooooo!
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Youtubers (most at least are youtubers) that misrepresent what the majority of the community wants

Seemingly this.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    Game changers=Game testers.

Early Access = Game testers ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png