criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

POLL: Would you like the soldiers in Battlefront 2 to swear?

Replies

• SAmulticore
    3324 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Why is this even still a thread?
    Stalemate wrote: »
    There shouldn't be swearing in Star Wars. I hope they take it out

Take it out? They haven't added it in.
    There's leaked footage of Troopers actually swearing.

That didn't sound like a professional VO it sounded like a kid in his bedroom. If it's legit then DICE have really scraped the barrel for voice talent.
  • Stalemate wrote: »

There's leaked footage of Trooper actually swearing.

Busted @Trooper8059
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • WarfareKiller41
    7058 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Stalemate wrote: »

There's leaked footage of Trooper actually swearing.

Busted @Trooper8059
    :D
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • I had a dream once that jabba called me a c u n * . I loved it
  • All sorts of kids play these games! I would honestly keep it kid friendly!
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    There isn't any swearing in star wars...

Exactly.

I can't believe people are wasting their time making this thread...

... I can't believe I wasted time responding to it.

As if the kids (and their parents) truly respect the ESRB/PEGI ratings.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

As if the kids (and their parents) truly respect the ESRB/PEGI ratings.

You're right there trooper
  • Some people in the movies say "blast" but would that be too controversial to put in the game?

• Poodoo
  • There are a lot of Star Wars-exclusive curse words and slang, which I would not mind at all if they made their way into the soldiers' dialogue.
  • Such as Karabast!
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    There are a lot of Star Wars-exclusive curse words and slang, which I would not mind at all if they made their way into the soldiers' dialogue.

Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Why, and no imo, being there wasn't much in the movies.
  • can we get a mod to close this thread??? This is a waste of server space.
  • bfloo
    16057 posts Member
    can we get a mod to close this thread??? This is a waste of server space.

We should keep it, it is nice to have a thread not arguing cross era or toons.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Such as Karabast!

I was going to type that!
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

• No,there isn't a point in this kind of game for swearing the emoji aren't even used un less your waiting for the round to begin.
    Such as Karabast!

or scruffy looking nerf herder from the last one
  • Moofmilker?
  • zoodc wrote: »
    I'd just want Star Wars swears, "Blast it!", "Poodoo!", etc.

yeah, this. they have their ways of swearing in SW, but it's mild compared to what say in this galaxy.
  • Where my Karabast at
  • BTL-A4_Ace
    740 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    otto43 wrote: »
    Personally I feel that they should keep the swearing to a minimum because of 2 reasons. First, it doesn't feel like "Star Wars", it feels very weird. And second, a lot of families enjoy Star Wars, so adding strong language in a Star Wars game isn't a good decision.

^This. There is swearing in the Star Wars films, but it's extremely mild. Anything more than that in BFII would feel very out of place, and ruin it for the family-friendly audience they're aiming for.
    "All wings report in."
  • otto43 wrote: »
    http://www.strawpoll.me/13540751

[EDITED]

Forgot to put a "I don't care if there is swearing" option, if you don't care if there is or isn't then go ahead and say so in the comments.

You of course realize they use different words for expressing such things in the star wars universe and do not know of your "swear" words.
  • as long as they don't cuss I'm good
  • WarfareKiller41
    7058 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Another video showing the voice lines for Rebel Assault/Heavy Troopers also show them saying the bad cussing.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • That swearing 'leak' is fake... anyone who thinks EA is going to let a Star Wars game have swearing (At least the major ones) is out of their minds. Take a minute to think people.
  • This thread is the forum version of herpes... it just will not go away.

The suggestion of swearing in this game is almost as bad as the one where someone suggested Lightsabers should be weapon upgrades for troopers.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I don't think they will. They would definitely not sell as many copies as the first game. Some parents would not let their children play games with swearing in them no matter the rating. I expect if they do add swearing the rating would go up to 18. I personally wouldn't be getting the game if they swear in it.
  • @ThePoolshark This thread is going in circles now
  • Another video showing the voice lines for Rebel Assault/Heavy Troopers also show them saying the bad cussing.

You keep bringing that up like it's legit. It isn't. Really, it's really clearly obviously not real mate. I have a USB condenser mic and could record and upload the same thing at a higher quality right now.
  • Another video showing the voice lines for Rebel Assault/Heavy Troopers also show them saying the bad cussing.

You keep bringing that up like it's legit. It isn't. Really, it's really clearly obviously not real mate. I have a USB condenser mic and could record and upload the same thing at a higher quality right now.

We won't actually know until the beta arrives anyway.
    ⦗ XBOX GT: EIusive DJ⦘~ "The Knights of Gareth are eternal..." ✔
    \⧹If you happen to have ANY ideas for any hero you desire to have in Battlefront 2, Let me know in a DM!⧸/
    How to make Every Hero Viable in Battlefront 2

aakkhwbkosde.gif

We'll find out soon.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • @ThePoolshark This thread is going in circles now

Even though I personally don't like this thread... Calling a mod is even more annoying, just stop.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Swearing doesn't make games edgier or better, and it's completely not part of the star wars universe to begin with. The swear words you know and may or may not love don't exist in the star wars universe. Anything they'd have to do would be silly/stupid crap like they did in battlestar galactica....
  • I don't even know why this is a discussion. This will NEVER happen, even if 100% of the community wanted it.
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • It would be nice if you could turn it on and off

this is exactly what I was thinking ^^
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • It would be nice if you could turn it on and off

With a parental code like the old Mortal Kombat games with the blood. They even let you choose the level of blood from about 4 different options.
  • Imagine flipping Darth Vader the bird as he approaches down a hallway. PREORDERed
  • The video with leaked voice lines from BF2 (that contains cussing) just took a copyright strike from EA.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Real cussing or Star Wars cussing? (Poodoo) etc.
  • The video with leaked voice lines from BF2 (that contains cussing) just took a copyright strike from EA.

In all likelihood, the swearing is probably just due to the voice lines containing unedited outtakes. There's a funny vid online of the Thundercats swearing up a storm as well, apparently the voice actors had quite the potty mouths in between takes. It's obviously the same thing here.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
    Real cussing or Star Wars cussing? (Poodoo) etc.
    Real cussing.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Can't be real then or it's outtakes as said above.

As poolshark said they will never have real swearing in a Star Wars game.
  • Personally, I don't think swearing (especially excessively) fits in SWBF2. First off, Star Wars very rarely has curse words so it wouldn't feel like Star Wars if swearing was prominent. Secondly, Star Wars should be something people of all ages can enjoy. I grew up with Star Wars and it is a huge part of my childhood. To this day it is one of the only things that takes me back to feeling like a kid. Now that I'm a dad, I want my kids to grow up enjoying it too. Swearing and other adult things would ruin that.
  • Well, now that we know the rating, we can stop reviving this thread.
    I had a dream, that one day on the sweet hills of Georgia, everybody will be able to play the Star Wars game they've always wanted.
  • just keep it like the movies
    Check out the Battlefront PC Discord: https://discord.gg/ddB5F5P
This discussion has been closed.