criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Season Pass is now free!

Prev13
So apparently the season pass is now free. Great news, seen no official announcement though.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=battlefront season pass

Replies

• rattler87
    152 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Xbox too. Note, you must have gold and be signed in to see it for free.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/store/p/star-wars-battlefront-season-pass/c0nxxp21fk83?wa=wsignin1.0&ranMID=24542&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-7ohHVQ41EGQGVCXjXxDSkw&tduid=(826a0912e4b6ce9150a879273703fbd5)(256380)(2459594)(lw9MynSeamY-7ohHVQ41EGQGVCXjXxDSkw)()

OR you can get the UE for $4.50. Same as above, must have gold and be signed in....
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/star-wars-battlefront-ultimate-edition/c5b4kp2nsclb?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-o87WzvPJmrusE2ADoJhcNQ&tduid=(826a0912e4b6ce9150a879273703fbd5)(256380)(2459594)(lw9MynSeamY-o87WzvPJmrusE2ADoJhcNQ)()
  • Great! It's about time to be fair with the Beta/Game coming so soon.
  • This news is great, but quite telling in regards to the community size.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • It would be excellent if they were to drop in some 2XP this weekend too... :wink:

Keep those servers full of targets!

• It would be excellent if they were to drop in some 2XP this weekend too... :wink:

That would be great! I hope they do that.

Yes please!
  • Excellent. More cannon fodder in the DLCs.
  • Yay, this would be useful

If the population of this game hadn't worn me out and made me just give up
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Very busy on PS4.
  • rattler87
    152 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.....lol. I was in a game of Battlestation last night on the DS DLC. My team got pummeled. I was first on our team...at one point i looked and the bottom 3-4 players of my team was like 4-80 or so. One guy was 0-25. I never looked to see what he finished at. Id on't even understand how it's possible to die 25 times and not get a single kill.
  • Yea, I think you're right I had some losing games and there were a bunch of 0-12s and even a 0-17 lol
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    Free credits being handed out too. When I logged in yesterday afternoon I got the "You've been awarded 1000 credits." pop up window. Couldn't sleep last night, so decided to start playing again around 1am, and at 4am I got the pop up again. Don't need them, but I'm not one to turn down free stuff...even if it is virtual money. LoL
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • rattler87 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.....lol. I was in a game of Battlestation last night on the DS DLC. My team got pummeled. I was first on our team...at one point i looked and the bottom 3-4 players of my team was like 4-80 or so. One guy was 0-25. I never looked to see what he finished at. Id on't even understand how it's possible to die 25 times and not get a single kill.

I've been assigned partners where, upon spawning in on them, I've discovered them finding new and intriguing ways to jump off platforms (bespin or DS).

That's how 0-25 happens.

But, by all means, let's take the ATAT off the rails!!
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    rattler87 wrote: »

I've been assigned partners where, upon spawning in on them, I've discovered them finding new and intriguing ways to jump off platforms (bespin or DS).

That's how 0-25 happens.

Game of Cargo last night, had one of those horrible partners that kept spawning on me and sprinting off. At the end of the match he was 2-41. And to make it worse, there wasn't a kill farming bactaguard on the other team. Their highest performer had only 26 kills.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Someone just reported bonus score on Reddit, I hope they're right!
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    Someone just reported bonus score on Reddit, I hope they're right!

If so, then it hasn't started yet. I just logged in to check...no orange arrow.
  • SSJSnoop
    1799 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm so happy new players are jumping in now. Maybe they're like me and are not getting Bfront 2 @ launch(later on I will).

I just got one of my cousins to buy it and I told another one as well. If all goes right I'll have a 5-man squad.

We will DOMINATE that space station lol I'll be jumping between MWR, BF1, and this.

• MWB33 wrote: »
    Free credits being handed out too. When I logged in yesterday afternoon I got the "You've been awarded 1000 credits." pop up window. Couldn't sleep last night, so decided to start playing again around 1am, and at 4am I got the pop up again. Don't need them, but I'm not one to turn down free stuff...even if it is virtual money. LoL

1000 credits. LOL! Wow they know how to lure kids to stay up at night playing their dead game.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    I'm so happy new players are jumping in now. Maybe they're like me and are not getting Bfront 2 @ launch(later on I will).

I just got one of my cousins to buy it and I told another one as well. If all goes right I'll have a 5-man squad.

We will DOMINATE that space station lol I'll be jumping between MWR, BF1, and this.

Opposite happened to me and my friends. I told them about the free season pass but they already told me that they do not plan on getting back in, and are not buying the next one either.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • ROMG4
    2421 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    SSJSnoop wrote: »

Opposite happened to me and my friends. I told them about the free season pass but they already told me that they do not plan on getting back in, and are not buying the next one either.

Pretty much

And I am having a tough time trying to convince myself to go back to playing it and I liked that Game

Just the Population man

Body-Guard with OHK Plagues

That and Heroes Vs. Villains is breaking it's Coding is ripping at the seems

Luke is now doing over 40 damage nearly 50 against Bossk and Chewbacca's Ground slam is doing 20-30 Damage because both attacks repeat in the instance of the One Attack
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

Oh damn, someone was chatting rubbish then.
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    MWB33 wrote: »

Oh ****, someone was chatting rubbish then.

Looks that way. Just did a quick log in to check (& get today's free credits)...still no arrow.
  • I'm still hopeful they will turn it on at some point and leave it at X2, makes sense to now.
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    I'm still hopeful they will turn it on at some point and leave it at X2, makes sense to now.

I hope so as well.
  • Finally! Well done EA.
  • Stalemate wrote: »
    I'm still hopeful they will turn it on at some point and leave it at X2, makes sense to now.

Mate, I'm pretty sure you don't need the Credits!
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    MikeyFett wrote: »

I do I only have 561 K! :)

I was aiming for a million at one point, but don't think I'll get there now.

I've got 1.1 mill - you're welcome to have some of mine!
  • I think they should have made that a feature. I had a friend who got the same late and was really struggling for credits. They would only have 5k at a time and have to save up for skins etc. I would have given him a 100k or so if there was a way of doing so.

Do you play PC?

If so we could Pug stomp ALL of the HVV players and earn thousands of credits a Match
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread
  • I don't I play on PS4.
  • YODA100
    1025 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    One word: FINALLY Electronic Arts. That was three but.........
  • EA, here's a better idea. Everyone has the Season Pass (SP) content downloaded already. Just enable SP content for all just like you've done during free preview weekends, only this time, leave it that way. And while you're at it, add all SP maps to the game mode specific playlist map rotations where applicable. Shouldn't even require a client-side patch. Just enabled SP for all and update the game mode specific map rotations. Thanks in advance.
  • rattler87 wrote: »

That's how 0-25 happens.

Sorry about that I wanted to ride the clouds
  • The DLC should be amalgamated into the game.

Why? Just so it'll make the game more fun and inclusive? Pssshh! This is EA, they scoff at your human notion of "fun".
  • The DLC should be amalgamated into the game.

Why? Just so it'll make the game more fun and inclusive? Pssshh! This is EA, they scoff at your human notion of "fun".

Yeah, I knew I was asking for too much when I posted that.
  • I bought Battlefront last Xmas, but never played it. Just started last week, and I am already level 26. Fun stuff, then I saw that the season pass was free. Hell yeah I downloaded it lol. Now that I'm hooked, I'll probably download Battlefront 2.
  • I've done it but it hasn't worked
  • Apparently there really is a bonus score going on now according to someone on Reddit, can anyone confirm?

o8w9r06jgumz.jpg
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    Apparently there really is a bonus score going on now according to someone on Reddit, can anyone confirm?

o8w9r06jgumz.jpg

Just logged in to check...this is confirmed. Unsure of multiplier, will play a quick match to see.
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    @Stalemate

I hopped a game of Blast that was in progress. I only scored 825 points from kills (no streaks, accomplishments, or challenges completed), and didn't heal anyone. Final point tally after the win 6240. With no award score other than match and win points, and loosely doing math...that appears to roughly be 4x multiplier.

If someone has a secondary profile that isn't rank 1000, then they should check to confirm the exact #.
  • EA, here's a better idea. Everyone has the Season Pass (SP) content downloaded already. Just enable SP content for all just like you've done during free preview weekends, only this time, leave it that way. And while you're at it, add all SP maps to the game mode specific playlist map rotations where applicable. Shouldn't even require a client-side patch. Just enabled SP for all and update the game mode specific map rotations. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, but they still want to make a bit of profit from the game until the next game releases.

I feel bad for anyone who'll miss out on the deal and be left with empty vanilla lobbies. It's like the Jakku release all over again.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I know it is a small sample size, but I have noticed a great reduction in the quality of players in the DLCs since this has been implemented. This is especially true in the fighter portions of the DLC game modes.
    @Stalemate

I hopped a game of Blast that was in progress. I only scored 825 points from kills (no streaks, accomplishments, or challenges completed), and didn't heal anyone. Final point tally after the win 6240. With no award score other than match and win points, and loosely doing math...that appears to roughly be 4x multiplier.

If someone has a secondary profile that isn't rank 1000, then they should check to confirm the exact #.

@MWB33

Thanks for checking! Are you sure? Someone on Reddit claimed it was a X2 multiplier. I played a few quick games last night but didn't notice how much the multiplier was.

I haven't seen any official announcement from EA about this either. It would be nice to know how long it's going to go on for.

Unless they have switched it on permanently.
  • I couldn't work out the multiplier last night either. In a game of Blast it seemed to give me 4x but when I earned 14,000 in Infiltration it gave me 28,000 so it may be 2x.
  • Very odd, maybe it varies lol.
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    @Stalemate - I think it's an odd bonus. I remember there being a bonus score weekend at some point in the past where it didn't multiply everything, and the result makes the math come out funny. I think that time it was in match and accomplishments multiplied, but not challenges??

Like I said, the math for that quick game of Blast worked out to roughly 4x.

However, I had a match of Cargo last night that didn't add up for that multiplier. I only got 22 kills, but that let me hit a 50 kill challenge, 75 kill challenge, 1 explosive streak, 2 blaster rifle streaks, & lost count of teammate healing streaks. In match I had around 7k points (give or take a bit...it was 1 am and I was getting sleepy). We won 10-0, so also got the Cargo Master. Post match I got 39k points. Loose math in my head at the moment that seems closer to 3x multiplier.

In any case, I think it's safely higher than double.
  • MWB33
    1378 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I know it is a small sample size, but I have noticed a great reduction in the quality of players in the DLCs since this has been implemented. This is especially true in the fighter portions of the DLC game modes.

Cargo last night was the same...there were more ES spammers, bactaguards, & bubble boys than normal (& that's saying something, because lately there have been a LOT). Lots of screen names that were not familiar at all, and most of them were running around half lost, not PTFO, and just weren't very good (going 1/1 or negative on K/D). This was contrary to the norm of the ES spamming bactaguards racking up 40-50 kills a match. Quality of play last night was extremely lacking.
  • Very strange but glad to hear, the more the better. I assume it's still running?