criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

New Announcement Trailer

Prev13
SAmulticore
3324 posts Member
edited September 2017

First time we've seen Palpatine as far as I'm aware :)

Replies

• Oh wow it gets better, there's a long version...

• Oh wow it gets better, there's a long version...

FINALLY.

Bummer that they couldn't get Obi-Wan and Grievous done in time for launch. Oh well, at least they'll be free relatively soon. And hey, 14 heroes is still a lot better than 6.
  • Wow what video has me so pumped. A little surprised there are only 5 game modes but everything else looks amazing.
  • I couldn't tell from the trailer but I hope there's some smaller modes like cargo.
  • very sexy kylo feels better i see in the gameplay
  • I couldn't tell from the trailer but I hope there's some smaller modes like cargo.

Not from the looks of it other than Blast.

Strike may be a smaller game mode.
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    edited September 2017
                  
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Looks pretty good.

I'm glad they mentioned the offline components, but with any luck we'll get some more details on them here in the near future. If the first impressions and reviews turn out well, I just might renew my Xbox Gold membership and jump into the fray.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad

I just noticed that, they've dropped Cargo :neutral:
  • The graphics and sounds are exquisite. No surprise, though. The first installment trailers instilled the exact same thing.

5 game modes, though. Hmm.

At least I didn't see Hero Hunt listed. <3<3<3
  • ROMG4
    2981 posts Member
    Oh wow it gets better, there's a long version...

giphy.gif
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • The sheer amount of content the game is starting with is a great leap forwards. It should remain pretty fresh before the additional content begins releasing. So far, its looking very attractive.
    - tankertoad
  • i am so ready omg bring ittttttttt

Maybe Strike will scratch that small-scale tactical itch.
  • ROMG4
    2981 posts Member

WHERE IS PALPATINE?!
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

WHERE IS PALPATINE?!

Ten seconds in you get just a few frames as he scrolls by on the hero select.
  • feels good how it looks and the gameplay and modes etc everything guns heros
  • DrVictorDoom
    120 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I couldn't tell from the trailer but I hope there's some smaller modes like cargo.

Maybe Strike will scratch that small-scale tactical itch.

I hope so.
    I'll definitely give it a shot before getting all salty.
    ;)
  • ROMG4
    2981 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

WHERE IS PALPATINE?!

Ten seconds in you get just a few frames as he scrolls by on the hero select.

Ah I can't access the Short Version as it won't load

Also I choose to believe that the Yellow Droid Commander we see at Kamino on 3:11 is OOM-9
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

The OOM-9 Thread
  • "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • I think you're right about Palpatine but it's very blurry.
  • Some key parts from that trailer:
    All 18 Planets
    wVoDqsp.png
    Only 5 Multiplayer Modes
    bOkreG6.png
    Strike Mode Allows for Heroes (sounds like a revamped Supremacy)
    25aOHVU.png
    First Look at Imperial Officer
    sV5amhc.png
    First Look at Imperial Heavy
    rszgwXg.png
    First Look at Resistance Heavy
    aRvqJpa.png
    ANH Han Solo
    NWoXeVW.png
    Star Cards Look Better
    ZrJ4KAa.png
    Star Card Progression
    lbBU7fs.png
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • ROMG4
    2981 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Yeah all I can access is the long version

Interesting that they have a Hooded Kylo Ren skin already at 1:53

I'll be using that
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

The OOM-9 Thread
  • KILLERDRVIER
    354 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Some key parts from that trailer:
    All 18 Planets
    wVoDqsp.png
    Only 5 Multiplayer Modes
    bOkreG6.png
    25aOHVU.png
    sV5amhc.png
    rszgwXg.png
    aRvqJpa.png
    ANH Han Solo
    NWoXeVW.png
    Star Cards Look Better
    ZrJ4KAa.png
    Star Card Progression
    lbBU7fs.png

so good

• KILLERDRVIER
    354 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Some key parts from that trailer:
    All 18 Planets
    wVoDqsp.png
    Only 5 Multiplayer Modes
    bOkreG6.png
    25aOHVU.png
    sV5amhc.png
    rszgwXg.png
    aRvqJpa.png
    ANH Han Solo
    NWoXeVW.png
    Star Cards Look Better
    ZrJ4KAa.png
    Star Card Progression
    lbBU7fs.png

that is so sexy source.gif

• Looks amazing, cannot wait to get started!
  • yeah feels good
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    It's very blurry but you can see palpatine in the twitter video.

https://imgur.com/a/5EZNS

• 2rqm42d.png

It's blurry but it's definitely Steve. No lightsaber either, just his creepy RoTJ fingers.
  • This is the type of info that people have been waiting for. There is definitely a reason to be hyped now.
    giphy.gif
  • Screen-Shot-2015-05-20-at-11.48.43-AM.png
    yeah yeah :P he is there DO IT
  • In the content comparison chart we don't see any extra heroes for single player only, possible confirmation of Iden for multiplayer.

eezjb.png
  • 45fR5ut.png

Couldn't get this to post properly last time for some reason.
  • HeavyTeemu
    538 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    So they got rid of cargo, droid run and drop zone. That's good. No reason to scatter players so they can play in half empty lobbies.

I wonder what objectives are available in strike. Does it mix all of the above in the same round or are they separated?
  • In the content comparison chart we don't see any extra heroes for single player only, possible confirmation of Iden for multiplayer.

eezjb.png

Well, the reddit leaks (which thanks to this trailer have been proven correct in some aspects :) ) stated that Iden would be included to balance out the Imperial side since they're not planning to bring back Dengar or Greedo and Krennic may be saved a for a later season. So this basically confirms the hero roster we've known for some time:
    1. Yoda
    2. Maul
    3. Luke
    4. Han
    5. Leia
    6. Chewbacca
    7. Lando
    8. Vader
    9. Palpatine
    10. Boba
    11. Bossk
    12. Iden
    13. Rey
    14. Kylo
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • Still not a bad roster, especially considering we'll be getting Finn and Phasma later on.
    - tankertoad
  • How do i post images? I'll post the Palpatine screenshot
  • Quizolio wrote: »
    Still not a bad roster, especially considering we'll be getting Finn and Phasma later on.

Agreed. And also more than that to come.
    giphy.gif
  • Loads of new images
    image.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

_bca5616cae964833cb5678a079ec7ea0-png.jpg

_0c5691946ab154f5381f93f278a72e31-jpg.jpg

Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Shmee123 wrote: »
    Quizolio wrote: »
    Still not a bad roster, especially considering we'll be getting Finn and Phasma later on.

Yes, we must remember that even more content will be added down the line. I think about six months into the game's life we'll have a pretty big game on our hands.
    - tankertoad
    Shmee123 wrote: »

Yes, we must remember that even more content will be added down the line. I think about six months into the game's life we'll have a pretty big game on our hands.

Yeah considering the amount of content (especially maps) we do have I can't even begin to be mad. The only thing I'd have hoped for is enough prequel/sequel heroes at launch to era-lock.

Disappointed about the lack of Cargo though.
    Shmee123 wrote: »

Yeah considering the amount of content (especially maps) we do have I can't even begin to be mad. The only thing I'd have hoped for is enough prequel/sequel heroes at launch to era-lock.

Disappointed about the lack of Cargo though.

Don't worry, after the PT and ST eras have 3 heroes and villains each they will lock the heroes to their eras, at least that's what was said by the ever reliable leakers on reddit who correctly called so much of what we saw in this trailer.

Also, Strike is said to be a small 8v8 objective-based mode so perhaps there will be different types of objectives within that mode that act like sub-modes players can choose within Strike, or perhaps the objectives change depending on the planet so some may have a Cargo-type objective and others may have a Drop Zone-type objective.
    My Concepts
  • Noctis1313 wrote: »
    How do i post images? I'll post the Palpatine screenshot

You press the picture icon (looks like a mountain) and paste in the URL.

I have already posted this one though.

45fR5ut.png
  • Looks awesome, but I personally still have questions. Condensing to 5 online modes isn't bad, but will we get more soon? I loved Cargo. What is Strike? Is it a big mode or small mode? Is it actually a few different modes? I'd love more info on that.

And as someone who cares most about what we can do offline splitscreen I'd like more clarification. It seemed implied all or most ground online maps will be available offline, but I'm not sure and so actually how many? Can we do Space Battles offline splitscreen? Will any online modes be playable offline or will there be separate modes for offline? In the Reddit leak I thought I read Strike was for both online and offline.

I haven't preordered and probably won't, but assuming the Beta has an offline splitscreen mode to try out and EA officially releases info on the offline that we can play multiple modes (big ground, small ground & space) offline and how many maps will go to the offline I might show support before the game comes out. Either way I'll get the game, but I might still wait to see if Black Friday has a slight price drop.

It's hard not to give into the intense hype that trailer created for me, but the Force is strong with me.
  • Also confirmed, the TL-50 has secondary fire :neutral:

• Also confirmed, the TL-50 has secondary fire :neutral:

So?
  • 2rqm42d.png

It's blurry but it's definitely Steve. No lightsaber either, just his creepy RoTJ fingers.

Wow. And here I thought his first name Sheev all this time.
  • ROMG4
    2981 posts Member
    Also confirmed, the TL-50 has secondary fire :neutral:

Fear will keep the Star Cards in line

Fear of this Battle Weapon
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS

The OOM-9 Thread
  • LERXST wrote: »
    Also confirmed, the TL-50 has secondary fire :neutral:

So?

Secondary fire user spotted, you may fire when ready.
  • No CARGO is the the only thing I'm upset about