criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

New Announcement Trailer

Replies

• Everything else looks sweet!
  • Also confirmed, the TL-50 has secondary fire :neutral:

Yeah, all this hype around Palpatine being seen briefly in the Twitter video is ridiculous. As if his inclusion was ever in doubt.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • LERXST wrote: »
    Also confirmed, the TL-50 has secondary fire :neutral:

So?

Secondary fire user spotted, you may fire when ready.

Oh I don't use that gun, I just use the dlt-19. But I don't have a problem with it

With any luck it will be far more balanced the previous iteration. It may even be completely reworked. Time will tell whether or not this terrible weapon will strike fear all over the galaxy.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    LERXST wrote: »

So?

Oh I don't use that gun, I just use the dlt-19. But I don't have a problem with it

As long as it's balanced I guess. I haven't seen as much of it recently so I presume they nerfed it, but I'm still mad at it from the time is was released and it was an easy OHK.

*also, hello there fellow dlt-19 user.

Yeah, all this hype around Palpatine being seen briefly in the Twitter video is ridiculous. As if his inclusion was ever in doubt.

Its the sight of him thats just breath taking. Nothing to do with doubt of his character being in game.
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    Boba Fett is going to be so awesome in this game
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • In the content comparison chart we don't see any extra heroes for single player only, possible confirmation of Iden for multiplayer.

eezjb.png

Well, the reddit leaks (which thanks to this trailer have been proven correct in some aspects :) ) stated that Iden would be included to balance out the Imperial side since they're not planning to bring back Dengar or Greedo and Krennic may be saved a for a later season. So this basically confirms the hero roster we've known for some time:
    1. Yoda
    2. Maul
    3. Luke
    4. Han
    5. Leia
    6. Chewbacca
    7. Lando
    8. Vader
    9. Palpatine
    10. Boba
    11. Bossk
    12. Iden
    13. Rey
    14. Kylo

Iden is not a hero. ;) Grevious confirmed, well done! <3
  • HYPE IS REAL
  • Nice touch, DICE. ;)
    qpos0MI.png
    #RIPPorkins
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
  • In the content comparison chart we don't see any extra heroes for single player only, possible confirmation of Iden for multiplayer.

eezjb.png

Well, the reddit leaks (which thanks to this trailer have been proven correct in some aspects :) ) stated that Iden would be included to balance out the Imperial side since they're not planning to bring back Dengar or Greedo and Krennic may be saved a for a later season. So this basically confirms the hero roster we've known for some time:
    1. Yoda
    2. Maul
    3. Luke
    4. Han
    5. Leia
    6. Chewbacca
    7. Lando
    8. Vader
    9. Palpatine
    10. Boba
    11. Bossk
    12. Iden
    13. Rey
    14. Kylo

Iden is not a hero(not for MP). ;) Grevious confirmed, well done! <3

eezjb.png

1. Yoda
    2. Maul
    3. Luke
    4. Han
    5. Leia
    6. Chewbacca
    7. Lando
    8. Vader
    9. Palpatine
    10. Boba
    11. Bossk
    12. Iden
    13. Rey
    14. Kylo

Iden is not a hero. ;) Grevious confirmed, well done! <3
    3159e011cc3f14f2073c1e88758d9863--meme-esprit.jpg
    My Concepts
  • game looks amazing . i already said that about the first one, let's see how this one is.. but i really dont like the 14 heroes and that map quantity. Like at least port death star, bespin and outer rim.. and it's stupid only single player ones.

cool thing for the offline players is that it really looks like there will be a bot vs game :) your wish was granted.
  • GhentFlorin
    212 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Just watch, they don t include heroes from single player. ;)

a465a456_o.png
  • 3159e011cc3f14f2073c1e88758d9863--meme-esprit.jpg

a465a456_o.png

Because there aren't any single player only heroes. The yellow bar on the maps is because Sullust, Pillio, Bespin, and Vardos are single player only maps. If Iden was only for single player and not multiplayer then there would be a small amount of yellow on the heroes bar, but there isn't. Ergo, Iden confirmed for multiplayer.
    My Concepts
  • Just watch, they don t include heroes from single player. ;)

a465a456_o.png

I don't think it'll work that way. Imagine Iden was exclusive to single player, you'd have made the chart say '15' right? With a single yellow unit representing Iden on that bar.
  • meshugene89
    3531 posts Member
    edited September 2017

a465a456_o.png

I don't think it'll work that way. Imagine Iden was exclusive to single player, you'd have made the chart say '15' right? With a single yellow unit representing Iden on that bar.

Or it would still be 14 but with a small sliver of yellow.
    My Concepts

a465a456_o.png

Yeah that confuses me a little. I'm not saying all signs point to Iden in MP of course just that enough of them do lead me to think she's more likely in than not.
  • So anyone else super thrilled that Han Solo is era-specific? Will other heroes be era-specific? Like ANH Luke?
  • Iden is not for MP, trust me!
  • So anyone else super thrilled that Han Solo is era-specific? Will other heroes be era-specific? Like ANH Luke?

I hope so, but I suspect they just chose to use the ANH skin for that DS2 map for effect because it looks like the DS1.
  • I'm not terribly upset Cargo is gone. While it was fun, it's a little cheesy TBH. It doesn't feel like you're immersed in an actual Star Wars conflict like the five modes they have decided to include. Narrowing it down to five is sensible, given the multitude of modes the first game contained. Keeps the community more together, which someone mentioned, and keeps the developers from having to tweak and update a crap-ton of modes.
  • everything looks great we just need hero blast lol
  • meshugene89
    3531 posts Member
    edited September 2017

a465a456_o.png

Or it would still would be 14 but with a small sliver of yellow.

a465a456_o.png

Yeah that confuses me a little. I'm not saying all signs point to Iden in MP of course just that enough of them do lead me to think she's more likely in than not.

It's not confusing, I think it's pretty clear cut.
    The video shows there are 18 locations with a yellow bar highlighting the 4 single player only locations.
    The video shows there are 14 heroes for multiplayer and no yellow bar highlighting single player only heroes.
    Iden is a hero that you can play in single player and if she were only for the single player it would have been indicated.
    Therefore, Iden for multiplayer.
    Personally, I'm more interested in the fact that there are single player only vehicles. Can't really think what they would be. :/
    Iden is not for MP, trust me!

No.
    My Concepts
  • LERXST wrote: »

So?

As long as it's balanced I guess. I haven't seen as much of it recently so I presume they nerfed it, but I'm still mad at it from the time is was released and it was an easy OHK.

*also, hello there fellow dlt-19 user.

Bruh, the DLT-19 is the META
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    everything looks great we just need hero blast lol

I thought we would get this, maybe post launch.
  • CurbUrSkyrImC4
    828 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm not terribly upset Cargo is gone. While it was fun, it's a little cheesy TBH. It doesn't feel like you're immersed in an actual Star Wars conflict like the five modes they have decided to include. Narrowing it down to five is sensible, given the multitude of modes the first game contained. Keeps the community more together, which someone mentioned, and keeps the developers from having to tweak and update a ****-ton of modes.

I loved Cargo, though some are thinking Strike might have Cargo in it. (These upcoming sentences aren't facts, just speculation) So potentionally the maps will rotate and depending on which map you play it's a different objective mode. Some maps might have a CTF thing, some a KotH/Drop Zone thing, and perhaps new objective type gameplay for other maps. It'd be like a playlist, for example, of Cargo, Drop Zone and Droid Run or something to that affect. I think that'd be really cool.
  • Looks pretty good...

Love the direction change and the environment/Maps look stunning :*
  • So if i understand correctly 4 maps are single player only? Bespin is one of those maps... hopefully it gets into multiplayer
  • Tyjames wrote: »
    So if i understand correctly 4 maps are single player only? Bespin is one of those maps... hopefully it gets into multiplayer

It seems like an easy way to add future mp maps, be crazy to waste all those assets from Sullust etc on a level most players will only see once, if at all.
    So if i understand correctly 4 maps are single player only? Bespin is one of those maps... hopefully it gets into multiplayer

It seems like an easy way to add future mp maps, be crazy to waste all those assets from Sullust etc on a level most players will only see once, if at all.

Yes. Also think it is a waste of assets from the last game, I hope old maps are modified and added later.

Yes. Also think it is a waste of assets from the last game, I hope old maps are modified and added later.

I agree, I get not including any of the previous game's maps at launch. They want the new game to feel fresh after all, but it would be awesome if they added some of the best maps from the previous Battlefront into the game at some point down the line. At that point they'll feel like a bonus rather than a retread.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • WodiQuix
    4559 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I love the look of the new maps, and the first person views look stunning! I really like the look of the Rebel Heavy Trooper. The single player offline looks pretty fun too. Hopefully it gives us more of an experience than the previous title. The soldier motions seem crisper too, or maybe it's just me! Yavin IV is looking very cool. Space battles are looking very chaotic. And I noticed that the Clone Heavy Trooper's weapon at 1:18 is called the DC-15LE, so it looks like this is a new rapid-fire model of the clones' standard DC-15.

I'm a bit disappointed that Sullust and Bespin are only available in single player, though. Those maps were great in the first game.

a465a456_o.png

Let's hope none of the single player character "heroes" are in MP, there's way better heroes still left to add first
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »

a465a456_o.png

Let's hope none of the single player character "heroes" are in MP, there's way better heroes still left to add first

If they weren't in the multiplayer, there would be a bit of yellow on the heroes bar. Iden will be included because they likely won't have Grievous finished and she's essentially needed to round out the Imperial side since her and Lando would be the place-fillers for Obi-Wan and Grievous.
    My Concepts
  • Looks like scatter gun is back.
    I think it's shown during Blast gameplay.

I noticed that, but it had more than one shot. Maybe it's a new shotgun-esque gun you can unlock or upgrade
  • Really glad they added details to the star cards. Also did anyone else think the blaster bolts looked better?

I noticed that, but it had more than one shot. Maybe it's a new shotgun-esque gun you can unlock or upgrade
    Looks like scatter gun is back.

Did y'all not see any pre alpha footage. That new shotgun has been confirmed for awhile
    Really glad they added details to the star cards. Also did anyone else think the blaster bolts looked better?

As a whole everything looked better compared to what has come before. I'm just interested to see how everything ties together.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Stalemate wrote: »
    kylenpain wrote: »

i dont wanna play heroes vs villains with infantry lol, they should make it all heroes and keep it how it is like if u die u dont spawn til the next round
  • I just wish we have space a large ground and small ground. All the maps offline. I will have the most enjoyment offline than online.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    Stalemate wrote: »
    kylenpain wrote: »

i dont wanna play heroes vs villains with infantry lol, they should make it all heroes and keep it how it is like if u die u dont spawn til the next round

Actually, the signs are pointing to HvV being like Hero Blast whereby when you die you either stay as the same hero or respawn as another one of your choosing. Given that this is a 4v4 mode and we'll have 7 per side to choose from, I see this being a very distinct possibility.
    My Concepts
  • In the top left corner you can see the the separatists squid like vehicles that attacked kamino from TCW
    txvprtaqn9oz.jpg
  • Game is looking like it's going to be a blast. Can't wait for the Beta. A little sad I didn't see Cargo but if the rest is as good as it looks I doubt I'll care.
    #infantrylivesmatter
    In the top left corner you can see the the separatists squid like vehicles that attacked kamino from TCW
    txvprtaqn9oz.jpg

Ohhh yeah! I never even noticed. That's a good sign
  • Some key parts from that trailer:
    All 18 Planets
    wVoDqsp.png
    Only 5 Multiplayer Modes
    bOkreG6.png
    Strike Mode Allows for Heroes (sounds like a revamped Supremacy)
    25aOHVU.png
    First Look at Imperial Officer
    sV5amhc.png
    First Look at Imperial Heavy
    rszgwXg.png
    First Look at Resistance Heavy
    aRvqJpa.png
    ANH Han Solo
    NWoXeVW.png
    Star Cards Look Better
    ZrJ4KAa.png
    Star Card Progression
    lbBU7fs.png

Nice. Still though cross era is forced upon us because lack of era heroes
  • Kamino just looks bad ace
    I love dark rainy type maps..

I hope so, but I suspect they just chose to use the ANH skin for that DS2 map for effect because it looks like the DS1.

Honestly that could pass for RotJ Han because he's wearing that cargo vest.
  • dada_shift wrote: »
    Kamino just looks bad ace
    I love dark rainy type maps..

I hope we get endor and kashyyyk at night