criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Is Rey really a trained padawan?

Her visions and flashbacks when she touched Lukes lightsaber could mean she remembered what she was forced to forget either by trauma or Luke. What do u guys think? This would be the only logical and acceptable explanation as to how she is so well attuned to the force and could "learn on the go."

Replies

• I think she could be Luke's daughter and that would explain somewhat why she seemed so attuned to the force
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Then she would have to have been trained and witnessed those flashback events.
  • Then she would have to have been trained and witnessed those flashback events.

Possibly at a very young age. I also have a theory that she could be Kylo's sister. Also that is was Kylo that dropped her off on a remote planet because he couldn't bring himself to hurt her so he took her there so she wouldn't be a threat to him.
  • The script describes Kylo breaking a "barrier" in Rey's mind during the interrogation scene, when it was broken, she immediately turned the tide on Kylo's mind with the Force. And used a Mind Trick shortly after, that can't be a coincidence. It sounds like something was sealing her mind from remembering her past and abilities.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Yeah, that and the flashbacks all point to her being trained. Hope we learn more in the next movie.
  • This would be the only logical and acceptable explanation as to how she is so well attuned to the force and could "learn on the go."
    I agree with this.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• She obviously knows something, hopefully it's training and not a plot device