criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Xbox One Beta Controller Issue...

Has EA acknowledged the massive problem with the Xbox version where the controller doesn't work? It's affecting tons of people. I have to open the game with the xbox app on win10, then close it, then connect the controller to get the beta to work. My friend does too.

Replies

• I’m having the same issue
  • Have not had any issues on the original Xbox One
  • I cannot get past the accept user agreement page. Have been trying consistently yesterday and today. Have done multiple hard resets and even factory reset my console. Nothing seems to do the trick, really neat.
  • I cannot get past the accept user agreement page. Have been trying consistently yesterday and today. Have done multiple hard resets and even factory reset my console. Nothing seems to do the trick, really neat.

Follow these steps....

Turn off your controller.
    Connect the Xbox Win10 app to your Xbox and use it to start up the game.
    When the trailer with John Boyega is playing, close the app completely.
    A message "Reconnect Controller" should come up on screen.
    Turn on the controller now and it should work.

This method works, but unfortunately you must do it every single time you start the game.
  • Tedakin wrote: »
    I cannot get past the accept user agreement page. Have been trying consistently yesterday and today. Have done multiple hard resets and even factory reset my console. Nothing seems to do the trick, really neat.

Follow these steps....

This method works, but unfortunately you must do it every single time you start the game.

The John Boyega trailer never starts.. it goes right to the user agreement screen.
    I cannot get past the accept user agreement page. Have been trying consistently yesterday and today. Have done multiple hard resets and even factory reset my console. Nothing seems to do the trick, really neat.

Follow these steps....

The John Boyega trailer never starts.. it goes right to the user agreement screen.

Do it during the agreement screen then. I think I had to do it there first.
  • Wow this works and its dumb that this is how you solve this glitch. Pretty amazing you found this work around, thanks!
  • neonox
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Worst beta ever! I‘m stucked at the trailer and can’t skip with A. How could this pass Q&A? Okay it’s a beta but an unplayable beta!
  • neonox wrote: »
    Worst beta ever! I‘m stucked at the trailer and can’t skip with A. How could this pass Q&A? Okay it’s a beta but an unplayable beta!

If you follow the longwinded work around I posted above you can play, but still yeah... how did they not catch this... Or they probably did and didn't care... And they know a ton of people can't play yet won't acknowledge it. And they wonder why people think EA is horrible.
  • Another method that seems to work.

1. Unplug your Kinect if you have one.
    2. Make sure that you are signed out of all accounts/profiles.
    3. Hard reboot your Xbox.
    4. After reboot your main profile should sign in automatically. If not, sign in.
    5. Launch the beta and the game and controller should work fine.

This process has worked for me every time so far. I've had to do this every time I go into the beta. Yea it's somewhat of a pain, but it seems to be an effective workaround
  • vidas5
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    This worked for us! Thank you SavvyGolfer! :)

Follow these steps....

Same problem here except xbox says who are you? and i have to have the controller on to sign in to an account before proceeding so do i turn the controller of after i sign in? would that work or what? because is says who are you in between the steps of

connecting the xbox win 10 app to xbox and startup,
    and when trailer with john etc...
  • I am going to try again real quick. maybe its me doing it wrong.
  • Tried again. and nothing. I dont know what im doing wrong. I will try restarting and hard reset. ugh... please help

Follow these steps....

I have one wired xbox with Moderate NAT that worked, no issue. I have another xbox using Wi-Fi with open NAT which had the "A button not working" problem.

Same house, one worked, one didn't.

I tried the "using xbox app" trick and it worked.

Quit the game, turn off controller, open xbox app, connect to console in app. In Recently Played section, click the Battlefront game and use the "play from console" option, kill the app, xbox prompts for controller, turn on controller, Buttons work.
  • Yeah but the only problem with that is like the other guy said, when the game starts from the app i get a pop up that says, who is playing and the only way to respond to that is to use the controller and then the game completely skips the user agrreement page and goes to video and the controller wont respond. its total ****. they need to have this fixed by release.