criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The AAT

DarthJ
6056 posts Member
I see the jet trooper is getting a lot of love as the apparent only decent reinforcement, but has anyone actually tried the AAT? Its immense! Siege mode is great when stopping those with ion disruptors, generally plays well too.
PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• I haven't seen the AAT at all, didn't even realise it was in the beta.
  • xpek
    71 posts Member
    only the good people know how to use them
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    Stalemate wrote: »
    I haven't seen the AAT at all, didn't even realise it was in the beta.

Its a rarity like, apart from me I have saw 1 person using it
  • Ive tried getting it but I can’t save up battlepoints quick enough.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I got it once and it is fun to use, has a lot of potential when working with a group of droids. Got myself a 9 kill streak before I lost my mind and went all....im in a tank attack mode.

Boots were back on the ground rather quickly after that. :)
  • I tried it once and got torn to shreds in seconds from behind by an assult trooper. Any ideas what happened? The skies looked clear when I respawned, and I were in one of the side streets that barely fit me.
  • SolemnDirge
    92 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    It's pretty hilarious wen u use it inside the palace. Provided u get it before the second phase

Oh wait thinking of the Republic walker >.<
  • How many battlepoints does it cost?
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    barunedpat wrote: »
    I tried it once and got torn to shreds in seconds from behind by an assult trooper. Any ideas what happened? The skies looked clear when I respawned, and I were in one of the side streets that barely fit me.

Unless he had ion shot? Thats one of the upgrades I think, or an ion grenade which is a card
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    How many battlepoints does it cost?

3,500. Its worth it compared to the AT-RT
  • Haven't tried that either yet, this weekend can't come sooner enough!
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    Haven't tried that either yet, this weekend can't come sooner enough!

I find the AT-RT tough to use, and it seems to stop sprinting at random points even when the analog is pressed in. It does decent famage but is hard to kill with.
  • The ONLY problem/complaint I have with the AAT is that... well, she's a big girl.
    I can kinda-barely pass by the MTT, but I've yet to get it before the streets get much narrower. However, when I do have it, she handles well. And her Siege Mode is sooo fulfilling. That sound as you fire her main gun and just watch as troopers get tossed up, rag-doll style... never gets old.
  • I saw it once...

In the victory cutscene for the CIS.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • The one time I was able to get it, my team had just breached the palace, so the AAT had become useless. :(
  • I have AAT and I feel it is nice vehicle, but jesus it is very weak to take dmg. What the tank it suppose it be?
  • I really hope they make everything cost less battlepoints. I have not once been able to get enough battlepoints for the AAT. It's just so hard to get enough points and I feel like I'm playing for the points, not for the game.

Why couldn't they just take the original Battlefront II and port it over to their newest game engine. Vehicles should be available from the start, not something which only the elite players can call in. Battlefront II was perfect. Just overhaul the graphics to bring it into 2017 and you got the game of the decade.
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Noif1988 wrote: »
    I have AAT and I feel it is nice vehicle, but jesus it is very weak to take dmg. What the tank it suppose it be?

I did have a bit of a guilty moment earlier. Saw a heavy running up and start blasting at me and a second AAT. I drove behind the other one so he took all the shots and blew up, whilst I lined up a shot and took him out after. Am I bad?
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    DerFalke wrote: »
    I really hope they make everything cost less battlepoints. I have not once been able to get enough battlepoints for the AAT. It's just so hard to get enough points and I feel like I'm playing for the points, not for the game.

Why couldn't they just take the original Battlefront II and port it over to their newest game engine. Vehicles should be available from the start, not something which only the elite players can call in. Battlefront II was perfect. Just overhaul the graphics to bring it into 2017 and you got the game of the decade.

Whilst I would like to see certain vehicles available from the off, what would lowering the points do? The elites will just get reinforcements quicker
  • I saw it once...

In the victory cutscene for the CIS.

Lol, how many times have you seen that.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I love the AAT. played it twice and its fantastic. i think that ita wayyyyyyy too expensive cos i see it so rarely. it ruins the immersion for me, seeing a vehicle once in a life time.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    I really hope they make everything cost less battlepoints. I have not once been able to get enough battlepoints for the AAT. It's just so hard to get enough points and I feel like I'm playing for the points, not for the game.

Whilst I would like to see certain vehicles available from the off, what would lowering the points do? The elites will just get reinforcements quicker

People will play what they enjoy the most. Just because they may have the points for something doesn't mean they will call it in. I, however, enjoyed playing that in the originals which currently is, unfortunately, "locked" behind the battle points system. I want to play the AAT, spider droid, and hellfire droid (when the other two get released). I want to play droidekas. These are the things that made me enjoy the original. (Plus the space combat, but I at least won't have to play for points in starfighter assault). I don't enjoy infantry combat too much. As you can see, the problem for me is the fact that I have to play something I don't enjoy just to play something I do enjoy. But since I just suck at infantry combat, earning points fast enough is practically impossible for me. Making the vehicles and special classes more obtainable will make it more enjoyable for me, because those are what I want to play.
  • DerFalke wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

People will play what they enjoy the most. Just because they may have the points for something doesn't mean they will call it in. I, however, enjoyed playing that in the originals which currently is, unfortunately, "locked" behind the battle points system. I want to play the AAT, spider droid, and hellfire droid (when the other two get released). I want to play droidekas. These are the things that made me enjoy the original. (Plus the space combat, but I at least won't have to play for points in starfighter assault). I don't enjoy infantry combat too much. As you can see, the problem for me is the fact that I have to play something I don't enjoy just to play something I do enjoy. But since I just suck at infantry combat, earning points fast enough is practically impossible for me. Making the vehicles and special classes more obtainable will make it more enjoyable for me, because those are what I want to play.

Ive obtained heroes and vehicles, but i agree. The game feels slower and like less of a battle, i wanna see vehicles and heroes through out the whole battle, not at the end of phase 1... Also it ruins it for the casual player, i really feel bad for those who've watched the trailers and saw opportunities to play the hero, only to realize that it will be impossible for the. Ive also realized that you get reduced points in reinforcements which is silly, i liked the idea of using one reinforcement to get the next...
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Fair enough, I do agree there. Plus the starfighters on Naboo are barely utilised