criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

The players waiting to Spawn as a hero

WTF? Even in most of the twitch videos you see players that have made the 5000 plus and sit in the room awaiting the hero to be selected.....You have many players achieved the credits needed but sit smashing the hero button till it becomes available,in the meantime your enemy then has more players on the field due to this and you can end up loosing the game very quickly.

As stupid as the hero system was last game i actually now prefer picking it up..it means you have all players on the battlefield,rather than sitting in a spawn room.

Also noted, Everyone basically want to go a jedi hero....therefor hardly anyone wastes their credits on ships,droids etc to help out in the battlefield.

The system is just wrong....so you build up credits,over 5000 to which many players in a team will do for then you all to sit waiting to spawn as a character....and the chances you actually get a hero are near to none because the time will run out in the game.....and all this is without the pay to win star cards that helps the hero even more on the battlefield

Replies

• Moreover, the unchecked aimbots ensure that the lousy players who use them monopolize battle points and the heroes, and honest players don't even get a chance to play heroes.

I never had a chance to play a hero—not even once—in the space combat beta because of rampant aimbottery.

• A way to avoid this if it's actually a problem would be to do something similar to the ps2 star wars battlefront.

Simply have hero queues. Say you have 5k and someone else is maul. But you want maul.

Go to maul in the reinforcements section and select him to queue.

This will spend your points immediately. When maul dies you will be prompt with "spawn as maul?" Like they did in ps2 battlefront.

Any points spent before your hero is available to you is refunded at a lower rate.

Boom.

Everyone's playing and doing what they should be.
  • I just think it takes too long to get the GOOD reinforcements. I think we should get more points per hit more points per kill. I remember being able to go straight into the game as Luke Skywalker in the SWBF2015, I'd definitely like it alot more if I could use Jedi more often because I really don't like being forced to use a Trooper or Droid AND THEN have to build my points AAAAAAALLLLL the way back up to start having fun again
  • bfloo
    15033 posts Member
    Itsuchi_KS wrote: »
    I just think it takes too long to get the GOOD reinforcements. I think we should get more points per hit more points per kill. I remember being able to go straight into the game as Luke Skywalker in the SWBF2015, I'd definitely like it alot more if I could use Jedi more often because I really don't like being forced to use a Trooper or Droid AND THEN have to build my points AAAAAAALLLLL the way back up to start having fun again

If you can only have fun as a hero, an infantry focused game might not be for you.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Wilhuf wrote: »
    Moreover, the unchecked aimbots ensure that the lousy players who use them monopolize battle points and the heroes, and honest players don't even get a chance to play heroes.

I never had a chance to play a hero—not even once—in the space combat beta because of rampant aimbottery.

I simply couldn't score enough points most of the time even without getting killed a bunch. PS4 though.

I liked that I didn't really get killed by heroes more than twice a match and not till pretty far along which is a considerable improvement over 80% of your deaths being to heroes every match in SWBF2015.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Itsuchi_KS wrote: »
    I just think it takes too long to get the GOOD reinforcements. I think we should get more points per hit more points per kill. I remember being able to go straight into the game as Luke Skywalker in the SWBF2015, I'd definitely like it alot more if I could use Jedi more often because I really don't like being forced to use a Trooper or Droid AND THEN have to build my points AAAAAAALLLLL the way back up to start having fun again

If you can only have fun as a hero, an infantry focused game might not be for you.

This
  • Am i the only one that didn't have problem to get over 5k points in every game?

I picked up starfighters, tank, rocket troopers when i could and yet get to 5k to spawn a hero if it wasn't already used.

I cant understand how so many ppl had problem with this. If you play the objective and support your teamates you will get 5k soooo easy. Just run n gun aint the way to go..
  • They should just play Heroes vs villains if they want to get their fix at release.

No issues then, same goes for others who don't like playing as troopers or droids

The whole mode is built around the ideas that you play as a special character.
  • SSJSnoop
    1997 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    People are jealous they don't get to be the hero and rightfully so, its awesome when you lead your team, get the hero, then lead them further to victory.

I got to be the hero maybe 7 times, and it was sick. I think for at least the beta w/ no HvV available people wanted to try the heroes more than efficiently helping out the team w/ lower rewards. I personally didn't see people camping waiting to choose the hero but in general you had to be quick AF to nab a hero before someone else.

Only last night, after getting my hero fill or at least tiring of focusing on that, in my last several games did I stop waiting/building towards the hero.

I tried out the other ships/vehicles and played w/ more of the sub-heroes.

I would think there has to be similar opinions to mine thinking that when I get the full game I won't always be going for the hero if 2 other people get them first.

This system might need work to bring it even closer to OG Bfront 2 but for now it still absolutely s-hits on Hero Tokens, the scrubbiest mechanic in gaming history. Sorry plebs.
  • Bonoscot wrote: »
    ****? Even in most of the twitch videos you see players that have made the 5000 plus and sit in the room awaiting the hero to be selected.....You have many players achieved the credits needed but sit smashing the hero button till it becomes available,in the meantime your enemy then has more players on the field due to this and you can end up loosing the game very quickly.

As **** as the hero system was last game i actually now prefer picking it up..it means you have all players on the battlefield,rather than sitting in a spawn room.

Also noted, Everyone basically want to go a jedi hero....therefor hardly anyone wastes their credits on ships,droids etc to help out in the battlefield.

The system is just wrong....so you build up credits,over 5000 to which many players in a team will do for then you all to sit waiting to spawn as a character....and the chances you actually get a hero are near to none because the time will run out in the game.....and all this is without the pay to win star cards that helps the hero even more on the battlefield

Yeah i only got to 5k once and was finally able to play as rey but only had her for 4 seconds.
    My entire goal of a match is to play as a hero and bet once i hit 5k im gonna camp rey for the rest of the entire match if need be.
  • Update: I did get to play as the MillenniumFalcon—for about 15 seconds—and the game ended. So that was ... cool.
  • Yup. Either you could use the queue system, which could work pretty well, or you could have more available heroes to choose from, which might not go so well due to the size of the games. I honestly can't see any other ways to stop the hero waiting.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • TechnoSith wrote: »
    Am i the only one that didn't have problem to get over 5k points in every game?

I picked up starfighters, tank, rocket troopers when i could and yet get to 5k to spawn a hero if it wasn't already used.

I cant understand how so many ppl had problem with this. If you play the objective and support your teamates you will get 5k soooo easy. Just run n gun aint the way to go..

I'm usually the first to 5K. So I'm a hero every game. Sometimes twice if Phase 3 drags on. I love it, now all we need a credits being rewarded for BP at the end of a match.
  • If only they went back to OG Baefront 2's Hero system but this is a much better system than Scrubby Tokens.

Everybody wants the hero so bad they're focusing on their points instead of getting them naturally by doing well.

And people really only want the Lightsabers, Boba and Han are always available. I finally played w/ Boba and wrecked shop.

His 5 rocket barrage is awesome!!!

• I can almost get to 5k, but normally by the end of the match. I am not the greatest at FPS games but i do try and always try to be better. I play the objective as much as i can and try to keep with squad mates, unless they are just running off to no mans land. I give it up to people that can always head shot or know all the little nooks and corners to shoot from.

I do believe they should que the heroes so that you dont have people just waiting in the lobby.
  • Agree w queues for heros
  • My gun game sucks so I play support and focus objective. 500 points for each ion shot. I would just go back and forth ignoring enemies when i can. Get hero with 2-3 kills. Then focus on slashing and dashing.
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    People are jealous they don't get to be the hero and rightfully so, its awesome when you lead your team, get the hero, then lead them further to victory.

I got to be the hero maybe 7 times, and it was sick. I think for at least the beta w/ no HvV available people wanted to try the heroes more than efficiently helping out the team w/ lower rewards. I personally didn't see people camping waiting to choose the hero but in general you had to be quick AF to nab a hero before someone else.

Only last night, after getting my hero fill or at least tiring of focusing on that, in my last several games did I stop waiting/building towards the hero.

I tried out the other ships/vehicles and played w/ more of the sub-heroes.

I would think there has to be similar opinions to mine thinking that when I get the full game I won't always be going for the hero if 2 other people get them first.

This system might need work to bring it even closer to OG Bfront 2 but for now it still absolutely s-hits on Hero Tokens, the scrubbiest mechanic in gaming history. Sorry plebs.

Who hurt you man?
  • Who hurt you man?

I don't know man but I guess I hurt your feelings Snowflake lol
  • This is what would happen if heros were era locked. But since there is cross era there will be a total of 7 heros on each side to choose from.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    This is what would happen if heros were era locked. But since there is cross era there will be a total of 7 heros on each side to choose from.

I doubt that. I still think heroes will be limited by map. Not all will be available for each.
  • I agree with que system. I got to play as a hero ship three times in a row during the same game, and wonder if I ever annoyed my team(other than being focused down or crashing ofc).
    Also, Im one of those few madmen who picks a ship over anything else. I just love flying.
  • barunedpat wrote: »
    I agree with que system. I got to play as a hero ship three times in a row during the same game, and wonder if I ever annoyed my team(other than being focused down or crashing ofc).
    Also, Im one of those few madmen who picks a ship over anything else. I just love flying.

I love flying too. Starfighter assault for the win
    Who hurt you man?

Sick burn. You save up 5000 credits for that one?
  • Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    A way to avoid this if it's actually a problem would be to do something similar to the ps2 star wars battlefront.

Simply have hero queues. Say you have 5k and someone else is maul. But you want maul.

This will spend your points immediately. When maul dies you will be prompt with "spawn as maul?" Like they did in ps2 battlefront.

Any points spent before your hero is available to you is refunded at a lower rate.

Boom.

I think this is quite the good idea
    Who hurt you man?

Oh I didn't know his (or your) ignorant off-topic trolling was supposed to affect me.

I was just literally saying to him and now you, I guess I hurt your feelings you triggered snowflakes. Chorry.
    xDrac wrote: »
    Goldhawk1 wrote: »
    A way to avoid this if it's actually a problem would be to do something similar to the ps2 star wars battlefront.

Boom.

I think this is quite the good idea

It's the best idea to go back to OG Bfront's hero model but it might also get people mad that they earned enough but they are like 8th in queue.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
  • bfloo
    15033 posts Member
    SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Who hurt you man?

That was the 7500 point special,
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• There will be more heroes available each match in the full game, so there will be more options and more people able to play as them in every match.

On the Kamino map gameplay footage that was leaked to youtube, you can see 8 heroes available to be selected. Usually the heroes spawn and die twice a match, so that means the majority of people in game will get to play as a hero at some point in the match.

SSJSnoop wrote: »
    Who hurt you man?

Oh I didn't know his (or your) ignorant off-topic trolling was supposed to affect me.

I was just literally saying to him and now you, I guess I hurt your feelings you triggered snowflakes. Chorry.

Dude...new game is coming out. Maybe try some new material while you're at it.

giphy.gif

• ^Dude, your desperation to start an off-topic insult contest because you and your cohort were triggered by my on-topic opinion is cringe...

FluMusic wrote: »
    There will be more heroes available each match in the full game, so there will be more options and more people able to play as them in every match.

On the Kamino map gameplay footage that was leaked to youtube, you can see 8 heroes available to be selected. Usually the heroes spawn and die twice a match, so that means the majority of people in game will get to play as a hero at some point in the match.

Wait, How many do you think you'll be able to have on the field in a match at the same time?

Also what do you mean usually the heroes die twice a match?

Also awesome leaked footage of Palpatine. No lightsaber, bold move DICE.
  • I don't know why people do this , it is greedy and they end up with wasted points and no hero. Just take your turn as a reinforcement vehicle or character for a while at least until the hero dies OR WAIT UNTIL NEXT GAME.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.