criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

3RD PERSON FIX

Please return the 3rd person view back to the way it was in bf 2015. if that is the only change you make i might be able to look past the fact that this doesn't feel like the same game anymore. I beg you
if not change it back put said option in the options menu.

Replies

• 100% agree.
  • There’s a difference?
  • There’s a difference?

same here
  • What is the difference
  • what are you talking about? lol

and yes it doesnt feel like the first game in almost every way, and i LOVE IT (also loved first game)
  • Camera is closer, less overall fov makes for a more enclosed view overall. Also makes the maps look smaller. I’m getting claustrophobic just thinking about it lol.
  • What’s different about it? I was hoping for the closer view in the pre-alpha but that seems to have changed back to the old version.
  • There’s a difference?

Uh... I didn't notice a difference either.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • If camera would be moved even more away from the character, doesnt that give tactical advantage?
  • Garage_Nation
    99 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I had a 3rd person view glitch on xb1 the other day, I could see the whole of the droids body in 3rd person like in battlefront 1, it looked awesome. Hopefully that's a good sign to prove it was already there in the first place and maybe the beta is covering it up. When I died the fov went back to the normal view
  • I had a 3rd person view glitch on xb1 the other day, I could see the whole of the droids body in 3rd person like in battlefront 1, it looked awesome. Hopefully that's a good sign to prove it was already there in the first place and maybe the beta is covering it up. When I died the fov went back to the normal view

Are you sure you weren't just using the sentry ability, as that has a very similar effect?
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Garage_Nation
    99 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    No, I died with an assault droid and I spawned back in again with his legs and body showing like the original BF1 view. We'll have to wait for the full game and see
  • yeah i would like to have the option to move the camera like they did in the previous game
  • Frix
    626 posts Member
    No Old third person allowed rampant corner peeking. This one still does but it isn't as bad.
  • There is a full fov slider in the game...

It was locked in beta. but it's in the options. same fov slider.
    Command_Cookem "Self proclaimed Officer Legend"
  • 3rd person isn’t consistent across classes, enforcer and aerials are zoomed out more like in swbf (2015) all others are closer. They should make it an option to choose, I personally like being zoomed out a bit more like in the first one (2015).
  • Not sure why they're FOV-locking consoles when PC can literally have whatever FOV they want. This whole "advantage" talk is kind of pointless when it's not even consistent across platforms
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    Not sure why they're FOV-locking consoles when PC can literally have whatever FOV they want. This whole "advantage" talk is kind of pointless when it's not even consistent across platforms

I know man it blows, 15 was perfect, it also makes for a different experience imo having a fov slider on pc and locked in console.
  • 3rd person isn’t consistent across classes, enforcer and aerials are zoomed out more like in swbf (2015) all others are closer. They should make it an option to choose, I personally like being zoomed out a bit more like in the first one (2015).

Why did you necro a post that hasn’t been updated since before this game was released?
  • Shinjuku
    1760 posts Member
    Frix wrote: »
    No Old third person allowed rampant corner peeking. This one still does but it isn't as bad.

Yeeeeeekgh! I'm getting flash backs of those corner campers sitting there with a scattergun or pulse canon, I fully agree with you. I'm hardly seeing any corner campers because of this new change which is, greatly appreciated.
    MLtmeEi.png
    " If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."
  • IIPrest0nII
    4791 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Thread closed- necro and caps
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
This discussion has been closed.